Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perfekt

We are 1-1 not 0 -2

52 posts in this topic

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1348041914' post='1158515']
Soon to be 1-2.
[/quote]

stop the madness bruh! smh!

~Mili

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
Hello [url="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/baltimore-ravens"]Ravens[/url] Fans/Other fans. Recently I discovered this piece called "Ten Things I Saw On Tape" in the forum section of Ravens24x7.com and figured why not share what the guy saw using game rewind from nfl.com.[/size][/font][/color][indent][size=3][background=transparent]
1. The [url="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/philadelphia-eagles"]Eagles[/url] Defense played tight man coverage about 90% of the game and often bracketed the [url="http://www.ravens24x7.com/forum/showthread.php?96795-Ten-Things-I-Saw-On-Tape#"]slot[/url] or tight end.

2. Very rarely did any of our receivers gain significant separation and on the occasion they did the pocket was breaking down (Throw to Pitta on a corner route in the end zone and ten yard out to Boldin on final drive). If Flacco was protected well on the Pitta throw it would have been an easy TD.

3. Cam called a couple of passes out of bunch formations in the first half. They weren't very successful but it was encouraging to see.

4. Torrey received a lot of attention from DRC and Coleman. DRC played a bail coverage most of the day on Torrey where he lined up like he was playing press and on the snap would turn and run. I would have liked to have seen Cam try to take advantage of that with a screen or slant. I also believe the coverage he was given would have been great to have tried some [url="http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2012/9/19/3356286/ravens-vs-eagles-ten-things-i-saw-on-tape#"]back shoulder[/url] [url="http://www.ravens24x7.com/forum/showthread.php?96795-Ten-Things-I-Saw-On-Tape#"]throws[/url] that we have seen Joe make recently.

5. On the interception, Joe had Q open for a second on a quick choice route where Boldin ran in and then whipped out. Had Flacco hit him right as he turned outside he may have gotten the first down, however I think he saw the LB inside and moved on to Pitta in the progression. He ended up throwing the ball right into the hands of the LB who deterred him from going to Boldin.

6. [url="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/109227/ramon-harewood"]Ramon Harewood[/url] had a "Welcome to the NFL" type game. He was beaten quickly on the 'would be' TD pass to Pitta and was pushed back on numerous run plays. I wouldn't worry too much though, considering it was his first road start and against a very talented Philly D line.

7. Our Defense played man the inverse percentage that Eagles did. Zone coverage is useful against mobile QBs and the defense was close on numerous plays. [url="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1406/ray-lewis"]Ray Lewis[/url] did not have a great game in coverage and many of the longer passes in the middle of the field were due to Ray not getting enough depth in his drops. I suspect he was staying closer to the LOS to prevent scrambling, as this was mentioned by Harbaugh in one of the press conferences.

8. [url="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/130921/jimmy-smith"]Jimmy Smith[/url] and [url="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/34801/cary-williams"]Cary Williams[/url] [url="http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2012/9/19/3356286/ravens-vs-eagles-ten-things-i-saw-on-tape#"]continue[/url] to struggle, especially in off man coverage. The Eagles have some fast receivers but with the depth that [url="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1423/ed-reed"]Ed Reed[/url] was playing (25 yards off the ball on most plays), I think they gave D Jax and Maclin a little too much respect. Many comeback routes were [url="http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2012/9/19/3356286/ravens-vs-eagles-ten-things-i-saw-on-tape#"]completed[/url] on the pair and Jimmy Smith even got turned around on one by #13 (who!?).

9. The Eagles did a good job of moving the pocket with Vick on a couple of third down plays where we had blitzes dialed up. The blitzes were rendered useless in this case and Vick easily picked on the soft man coverage. To add.. The Maclin TD was an obvious error by Ed Reed as the defense was set in a 2 Shell and Ed quickly left his zone as soon as Vick left the pocket.

10. McClellan played good. Set the edge well, had a near INT and tackled well. Webb was the Webb we see every game and he was probably one of the most underrated players in the league.

The book is out on how to beat this team... but luckily, few teams have the personnel to execute the way the Eagles did. I would expect Sunday Night's performance to be a lot different in both facets of the game. We are a good to great team... we just need to find our rhythm, execute, and dictate to the other team on both sides of the ball.[/background][/size][/indent]

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Hello Ravens Fans/Other fans. Recently I discovered this piece called "Ten Things I Saw On Tape" in the forum section of Ravens24x7.com and figured why not share what the guy saw using game rewind from nfl.com.[/size][/font][/color]

[i][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Mod Note: you may paste a link to the article, but you may not copy and paste the entire article. [/size][/font][/color][/i]

Cam ship never sinks and Dean Peas just gave bad impression with his passive playcalling and unadjustable coverage second half. I feel like it's a very long season and with the new refs they make this season even painful to watch when you have to wait 15min for them to resolve where is the spot of the ball.

Every1 gets ready for your every minute blood pressure check cuz you know it will come down to 20sec to win the game.

IDK these refs are giving me chest pain, an ulcer and more gray hair then my kids have, I thought they would be an improvement -- boy was I wrong!

The other thing about this too, everyone is freaking out because we are 1-1, but don't realize that there are 19 other teams in the league who are 1-1 on the season.I doubt they are freaking out over being 1-1. It's better than to be one of the six teams who are 0-2, so can we please stop over reacting to every loss. You guys act like we must go 16-0 every season or your not satisfied.

[quote name='cobrajet' timestamp='1348052245' post='1158542']
I agree, the sky is NOT falling. I just hope the refs are a non-factor this week, but we are playing the Patriots.
[/quote]
They didn't help them with arizona

[quote name='izvoodoo' timestamp='1348084561' post='1158859']
They didn't help them with arizona
[/quote]
Yeah but in their mind we are the "Big Bully Ravens" and they love to crack down on us.

I know this is sort of a common trend but the point I was trying to make is we need to look at the good and not the bad. We lost by one point on the road were still a good team. Stats mean nothing because no one thought the Giants would win the super bowl and look at what they did. Lets support our team thru the good and bad not the be fair weather.

Has everyone calmed down yet? I tried to avoid the board for a few days after all of the chaos post-loss. Take the loss with perspective, guys: early in the season, vs. NFC, on the road, by 1 point. Not a big deal.

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1348059419' post='1158582']
stop the madness bruh! smh!

~Mili
[/quote]

LOL! Really no point Mili, as I'm sure you know. The guy is negative even after a blowout win.

But anyway, people overreact. As you said, we're 1-1, not 0-2. But just like last year, when we were 12-4, people still looked at those losses to the Jags, Titans, and Seahawks and said we wouldn't get far. We made it to the AFC title game and we know what happened. People will always be ridiculous, there's just no getting it through their thick skulls.

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1348051907' post='1158541']

Hopefully the calls they blow this week lean toward us. Look at it that way.
[/quote]
Maybe. Blown calls have tended to favor the home team. Its not always that way though.

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1348093688' post='1158981']
My honest feeling on this is that some people just thrive on being miserable. Nothing makes them happier.
[/quote]

Could be that too. lol

My honest feeling on this is that some people just thrive on being miserable. Nothing makes them happier.
[/quote]

HaHa! Great play on words. And misery loves company. I rather refer to them as roaches. When things are dim, they come out of the woodwork. lol

[quote name='Pino' timestamp='1348008294' post='1158215']
in the NE playoff last year, besides the miss FG and TD catch, weren't there questionable playcalling just like hte eagles game? weren't we passing in running situations. i vaguely remember being pissed about that
[/quote]
Actually no.
If my mind serves me right (IF), Cam called a beautiful game. I remember thinking <WOW> we look great! Our offense was aggressive and sharp. If I remember (IF) we had the lead right up until the end and even with our final drive I whole-heartedly thought we had it. :(

[quote name='Rav'n Maniac' timestamp='1348137357' post='1159275']
When things are dim, they come out of the woodwork. lol
[/quote]
That is funny!
I can't stand the ones who after every time we lose say, "Boy Flacco looked bad".
As if he is the only reason we lose games.
It's always Flacco's fault. smh

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1348091145' post='1158946']
LOL! Really no point Mili, as I'm sure you know. The guy is negative even after a blowout win.

But anyway, people overreact. As you said, we're 1-1, not 0-2. But just like last year, when we were 12-4, people still looked at those losses to the Jags, Titans, and Seahawks and said we wouldn't get far. We made it to the AFC title game and we know what happened. People will always be ridiculous, there's just no getting it through their thick skulls.
[/quote]

Also worth pointing out that the last two Superbowl champions were 9-7 and 10-6, and the Giants lost to the Redskins twice and also the SAME Seahawks team that beat us (and the Giants were at home). Oh, and the Packers in 2010 were held to 10 points or less 3 times.

[quote name='EricH' timestamp='1348192752' post='1159750']
Actually no.
If my mind serves me right (IF), Cam called a beautiful game. I remember thinking <WOW> we look great! Our offense was aggressive and sharp. If I remember (IF) we had the lead right up until the end and even with our final drive I whole-heartedly thought we had it. :(
[/quote]thanks for your view. i must be thinking about another high profile game late in the season

The Texans game was painful, if I remember.
[quote name='Pino' timestamp='1348196030' post='1159790']
thanks for your view. i must be thinking about another high profile game late in the season
[/quote]
The Texans game was painful to watch.

[/quote]

Winning makes fans happy. Losing makes fans miserable. Beat the Pats and there will be just as many ridiculous posts making it sound like the Ravens just won the Super Bowl