Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perfekt

We are 1-1 not 0 -2

52 posts in this topic

Come on fellow Ravens fans were still tied for first place in the division and the season is still young. We knew we had a tough schedule and with injuries comes growing pains. Lets band together and support our team thru this little rough spot. I will be the first to admit that I felt cheated by the refs and disappointed with our play calling and excution on both sides of the ball but life isn't over. I'm sure the players have it rougher then us right now plus NE is coming to town. Lets put back on our black and purple an show why we are top class organization again.

LETS GOOOO RAVENS

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1347998868' post='1158004']
We are 1-1, not were.

Cam sucks.
[/quote]

You give him too much credit

We are 1-1, not were.

Cam sucks.
[/quote]

Now come on. You swore to us that you wouldn't bash Cam anymore. I knew you couldn't last, You Cam bashing junkie. lol

It's only two games, so we should still be optimistic. One week ago we saw the potential of our offense.

I think fans are fed up with the classic Raven sloppy/meltdown game the week after a big victory.

[quote name='tctony' timestamp='1347999515' post='1158025']
It's only two games, so we should still be optimistic. One week ago we saw the potential of our offense.

I think fans are fed up with the classic Raven sloppy/meltdown game the week after a big victory.
[/quote]
I think we got abused in illegal man to man coverage.
Remember we struggle to beat man. Especially when they're holding 40 yards down field.

[quote name='Rav'n Maniac' timestamp='1347999483' post='1158023']

Now come on. You swore to us that you wouldn't bash Cam anymore. I knew you couldn't last, You Cam bashing junkie. lol
[/quote]

Hey now, i made it through an entire season of biting my tongue and giving that db (defensive back if the mods are curious lol) thr benefit of the doubt.
But last week he saw the light. And apparentlyis afraid of success.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1347999793' post='1158035']
Hey now, i made it through an entire season of biting my tongue and giving that db (defensive back if the mods are curious lol) thr benefit of the doubt.
But last week he saw the light. And apparentlyis afraid of success.
[/quote]

I feel ya brother. but if you remember, I said if Fly can do it, so can I. I'm just so, so disappointed. Guess I should take his picture back off the shelf that I put there after week 1 and blow out all those candles. lol

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1348002509' post='1158087']
I thought we already missed the playoffs.
[/quote]

Losing to the Eagles sealed it. A loss to an out of conference opponent is one of the most important tie breakers and we're already on the bad end of it. If only divisional wins like the one we got in week 1 and AFC games were more important than that in the tie breakers, we'd be set.....

There will always be all of these fairweather fans Perfekt. You should know, we see it every year. Fortunately most of the people on the forums who regularly post like us aren't susceptible to such folly.

I seem to remember like 10 threads after last year's playoff win against Houston debating whether we'd even still be in the game with the Patriots after the first half - after all, we apparently sucked it up against Houston while Tom Brady destroyed Tim Tebow's Broncos. And then it came down to a stripped pass and a muffed kick.

The "sky is falling" "we're doomed" threads show up right after losses and/or offseason departures and the "stay calm" threads always follow.
It gets old.

Cam calls a good game once every 4 games. And Pees needs to go. Super Vanilla play calling isnt this D. Should have hired Nolan smh. He would have been here forever cause he's had his chance as an HC and failed

The original poster is right but let it also be known that these let down games are what hurts out of homefield advantage in the end.

The Ravens are not a good football team on the road, atleast against quality opponents, and the playoffs tend to have quality opponents.

We have a good football team and is mind numbing how we can lose these types of games. They all mean something, some more than others as people have said, like this being out of conference and all, but tell me that when we lose a tie breaker to New England or friggin Pittsburgh or probably Houston this season.

We expect more out of our football team.

I still say if we had Pollard in the game, we win that sucker.

in the NE playoff last year, besides the miss FG and TD catch, weren't there questionable playcalling just like hte eagles game? weren't we passing in running situations. i vaguely remember being pissed about that

the point is, 1-1, 0-2, or 2-0, they have to address the real issues that keep coming up. otherwise, they'll be more gloomy weeks following a loss. the absurdity of a football game negatively affecting my mood might be too much even for me, and i love absurdity

[b]We are 1-1, not were.[/b]

Cam sucks.
[/quote]

Didn't you know, the Poster is from the future ( next week ) We are actually 2 - 1 and the Patty game was

N.E. 0 RAVENS 48

Come on bud, get with the program :)

[quote name='Pino' timestamp='1348008294' post='1158215']
in the NE playoff last year, besides the miss FG and TD catch, weren't there questionable playcalling just like hte eagles game? weren't we passing in running situations. i vaguely remember being pissed about that

the point is, 1-1, 0-2, or 2-0, they have to address the real issues that keep coming up. otherwise, they'll be more gloomy weeks following a loss. the absurdity of a football game negatively affecting my mood might be too much even for me, and i love absurdity
[/quote]

Agreed, with all of these UNDER REVIEW calls, shouldn't P.I. FLAGS be challengeable. With the way the speed of the game is played, it really should be taken under consideration.

Heck everything else usually is reviewed. I mean, the Coaches are only able to throw the red flag 2 times, 3 times if they are lucky.

To me it would be fair, this isn't 30 yds ago when the tech. wasn't there but now that we do have the tech. we should use it. It would make the game more Fair.

It's just disappointing considering we gained some ground in the division and had a real shot to keep it. And frustrating considering how that game went. We were +2 in turnover differential, we should have won comfortably.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1348041914' post='1158515']
Soon to be 1-2.
[/quote]

You're really going the extra mile to not jinx your team. You must love those guys a lot.

[quote name='display name' timestamp='1348006823' post='1158202']
The "sky is falling" "we're doomed" threads show up right after losses and/or offseason departures and the "stay calm" threads always follow.
It gets old.
[/quote]

Inevitably followed by the "we have to look to the next game" threads, as if the what the fans do, or say or feel has anything whatsoever to do with the team winning. That is not old so much as funny, since its delusional.

[quote name='TreTheRaven' timestamp='1348014369' post='1158295']
With these refs ...

It's hard to remain optimistic.

I love Baltimore, I love Baltimores sport teams, but these refs are going to ruin the game.
[/quote]

Hopefully the calls they blow this week lean toward us. Look at it that way.

I agree, the sky is NOT falling. I just hope the refs are a non-factor this week, but we are playing the Patriots.

Hopefully, they'll have one of the better ref crews working our game considering it is nationally televised. But, then again, we did have a fair amount of issues on our Monday Night opener. Maybe by now the NFL has a better idea of who should be officiating the national games. I'm sure they don't want to see another mess like the Philly game with all the scrums.

Bad games happen - we have a great team and there are 14 games left. Couple that with the fact the entire league is like bizarro world. I am optimistic.

Some things don't change.

Someone put up a "where's the Flacco haters" after the Steelers game last year, then they did after Bengals game this year.

Someone put up a "dominate titans " thread last year, then did the same for Eagles this year.

Someone put up a "THE SHIP IS SINKING! FIRE EVERYONE! FLACCO TERRIBLE" thread after losing to titans last year, did same after losing to Eagles.

Then the Positive "It's just one loss" thread after reflecting and letting the anger cool after Week 2, and what do you know.

Man, these forums go on a repeat cycle.