Photo

Worst Regular Season Loss Ever?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#41 xxhighriser

xxhighriser

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

reasons why i barely come in these forums, threads like these. smh, it's just one loss.

1z1vj8y.png

#42 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

reasons why i barely come in these forums, threads like these. smh, it's just one loss.

Yawn

#43 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

The most recent loss is always the worst. But if you are talking "at the time" then no this was not. We lost by a point in a hard fought game. It is not like the Eagles were playing a whole lot better than us. Both teams were sloppy, ours just a little bit more so.
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#44 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

I was skeptical about this game from the start of the offseason (check the NFC East thread, I predicted we'd lose this game), but even with my expectations low, this loss stung badly. It was the way we lost. I don't want to blame the refs, but this was just unbelievable. The entire game was out of control. Mystery players were getting flagged, it took forever to get the ball placed right which prevented us from getting into any sort of offensive rhythm.... and of course that whole pass interference debacle. Add in a few bogus roughing the passer calls and it was almost unbearable to watch from either end.

#45 J-man

J-man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

2007 NE at home was the worst, and may always be the worst, for me. I took this loss quite well. I mean, we have a history of losing the 2 game of the season. And there is a record 1-1 teams in the NFL. As long as we are the same record, or better, than the Steelers, I'm alright.
#3hunna

Posted Image

#46 ROH522155

ROH522155

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

We played a great game against the undefeated Patriots. We weren't humiliated. The worst loss in team history is when you are completely blinded by the white hot light of shame.
A respective nod to Dave Dameshek.

I don't care. Do you remember the emotion the team played with that night? If that Pats team won the super bowl, they would have been called the best team ever. And we had them on the ropes. Emotions were sky high especially for our former Miami players Ed, Ray, and Willis as Sean Taylor had just passed away. Things got so heated that we saw Bart Scott toss the flag into the stands and then the players blasted the refs after the game. Maybe it is just me, but losing that game was killer for me. Especially after we stopped them on 4th down twice only to see a penalty and a timeout by Rex erase our stops. That was bad.
Posted Image
"Victory now, Ravens forever"

#47 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,143 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

Ugh. That time out.

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#48 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,134 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

This loss won't even be a blip in our heads in a year or two.

Heck, I didn't even remember the Week 2 loss to Tennessee last year until people started mentioning it. Yet, I seem to remember the Week 5 home loss to Tennessee in 2008 more vividly than most people.

Posted Image

#49 ThePurpleWall

ThePurpleWall

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

note to self,do not come on the Ravens fourms for at least 24 hours after a loss.
Ray Lewis"in any war who pulls their General out?,Nobody,when ever i put on that Jersey,ever man in this building believes in one thing,whatever our General says we Follow bottom Line"

Ray Lewis is the Leader of this Franchise.

#50 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

No...Pittsburgh on Monday Night Football in 2007 I believe when our corners were hurt and the Steelers were up 35 to 0 at halftime with Terry Bradshaw making fun of the Ravens on national T.V. Then cap it off with Hines Ward taking a cheap shot at Reed who was not looking at him...mind you it was helmet to helmet too.

2007 loss to the then undefeated New England Patriots, Rex's TO, the 3 or 4 drive extended penalties when the Ravens effectively should of won the game 3 times. Bart Scott throwing the penalty flag in frustration comes to mind too.

The Steelers at home (our last HOME loss) with the Polamau strip...this is probably the worst since it cost us the division.

Those to were worse IMO....this one the refs really took the life out of, after that play was called back the feeling of the game changed completely, by no means should this team have to suffer from the lack of experience and general stupidity from Roger Goodell's "social experiment".

The timeout he didn't have the authority to call....
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#51 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

Meh, every game is just seen as a blip on the radar of a bigger season. This game to me was the worst loss because it's a new year. To others, this loss doesn't compare to earlier losses. To each their own. At the end of the day, the Ravens will be fine and towards the latter half of the season we'll all see that the Eagles are well out of the playoff race and the Ravens are in the thick of things.

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

#52 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:37 AM

LMAO. DID YOU FORGET WE LOST TO THE THE DAMN JAGS ON MNF LAST YEAR.

NO, I can easy think of worse. The Pats loss in 09, the Vikings game same year. The Falcons game in 10, how about the Seahawks. We were also blown out by the Chargers last year on SNF. Are you huffing paint? How about the "loss" to the Steelers in 08 that basically determined homefield? Remember the Holmes "catch"?.

I said " gotta be close " People need to read .

I'd say it's around 5th worst loss . Pittsburgh (Polamalu strip game ) I think was the worst loss in the regular season .

A couple of New England games as well .

#53 ArmyRavensFan

ArmyRavensFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

Was the Philly loss the worst regular season loss in Ravens history ? Gotta be close .

Not even close. Philly is a good team with talent all over the place that was unrealized last year. Plus it was away. While I think we were the better team; we lost. It wasnt like losing to the Jags or Seattle last year.

#54 Kwothdaraven

Kwothdaraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:33 AM

Lol i can think of 3 just last year that were worse.

The Titans game where Hasselback shredded us

The Jags game on MNF where we had like 90 yards of offense

The Seattle game where david reed fumbled like 3 kick returns and tavaris jackson had the game of his life