53 replies to this topic

#21 Florida Ravens Fan

Florida Ravens Fan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

Cam was Miami's head coach. Maybe that's why we hired him. Didn't check to see how he had done in the other 15 games.
That was definitely more painful than yesterday - and wasn't as painful as the game in which we appeared to have given the Pats their only loss, which was just a few games earlier that year.

Lo i forgot he was the coach. just imagine my walk to the parking lot that game haha.
Posted Image

#22 frezeal33

frezeal33

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

Not at all.

Losing to the Seahawks, Titans, Chargers, and Jags last year were worse.
Terrell Suggs DPOY 2011-2012
Posted Image

#23 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,123 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

Not close. Many have said good examples of games that hurt worse already but for me It's gotta be last year vs the Jags.

As a=bad as that game was just think, If we would have won we would have had home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#24 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

Lmao, not even close.

The loss to the Vikings in 2009 comes to mind. Or how about the loss to the Patriots in 2007?

#25 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

The Jags game might be the single most embarrassing regular season loss I've seen.

#26 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,987 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

I could except the loss yesterday. I got a free ticket, taken to lunch, and bought beers all day by my cousins. Hell, I would have worn an Eagles jersey for that. Still, no one really hassled me for wearing my Flacco jersey. I had a great day. What's a one point loss? It won't hurt when we beat the Patriots. Speaking of which, that was the worst Ravens loss because we had it in the bag until the drop by Evans and the muff by Cundiff. I sat in my leather recliner for an hour and didn't move after that one.

Super Bowl Champions 01/28/01 and 02/03/13!

#27 ROH522155

ROH522155

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

Yesterday isn't even close. Pats in 07 was the worst for me. Also both 08 Steelers games, 2010 vs. Steelers, 09 at the Pats, among others. This one probably doesn't break into the top 10.
Posted Image
"Victory now, Ravens forever"

#28 ravensdan

ravensdan

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

This wasn't even a "bad loss" by any account. Do you consider a "bad loss" a loss to a non-contending team you should beat such as the Jags from last year or a close heartbreaking loss such as any of the Steelers games from the last few years already mentioned. This is a non-conference away game against probably the best d we will face all year, and will have no impact on the rest of the season. I would worry if i was a new orleans fan.... the Pats just gave up their home field to the Cards. Steelers and Bengals both have in conference losses... those will all effect the outcome of their seasons more than this will the Ravens. I would watch out for the road KC game after the Pats and Browns for a letdown.

2014 BR.COM Forum Franchise Draft

NY Giants

Round 1: Zack Martin(OT/G), Notre Dame  Round 2:  Demarcus Lawrence(DE), Boise St.  Round 4:  Preston Brown(LB), Louisville.  Round 4:  Devonta Freeman(RB), Florida St. Round 4:  Devin Street(Wr), Pitt.  Round 5:  Aaron Murray

#29 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

Was the Philly loss the worst regular season loss in Ravens history ? Gotta be close .

We lost by a single point. I'm pretty sure that Chargers clobbering last year is worse.

In my honest opinion, the worse regular season loss was that home Steeler game that cost us home field. You know the one, it involved that guy who wears 43 coming off the LT for a sack strip late in the 4th quarter....
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#30 display name

display name

Ravenous Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,245 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

I'd put JAC last year and the winless 2007 Dolphins in as my top 2, probably with Miami at #1 simply because they went winless otherwise.

The Raven, on 03 January 2012 - 05:24 PM said:
"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

#31 display name

display name

Ravenous Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,245 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

Yesterday isn't even close. Pats in 07 was the worst for me. Also both 08 Steelers games, 2010 vs. Steelers, 09 at the Pats, among others. This one probably doesn't break into the top 10.

We played a great game against the undefeated Patriots. We weren't humiliated. The worst loss in team history is when you are completely blinded by the white hot light of shame.
A respective nod to Dave Dameshek.

The Raven, on 03 January 2012 - 05:24 PM said:
"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

#32 CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

Did u guys forget we gave the only win to the Dolphins when they went 1-15! !!! Lol and I went to that game.

And I predicted that weeks before it happened!

This Eagles game will be in the forgettable games lost in no time.

Edited by CorvusCorax, 17 September 2012 - 06:11 PM.

Posted Image

#33 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,632 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

Lions a few years back.

Pathetic is not even close to accurate to how we played and conducted our selves.
The one and only time I was ever embarassed to be a Ravens fan.

Oh yeah the Miami game too.
Sheesh.

I CAN NOT say the 07 pats game.
Simply because we played our [bad word]'s off.
I am very, very, very proud of our team from that day.
Yes the loss was HUGELY disapointing and heart breaking, but it was a helluva game.

Miami and Detroit, not so much. We looked like fools.

Edited by K-Dog, 17 September 2012 - 07:25 PM.

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#34 BmoreRav

BmoreRav

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

I could except the loss yesterday. I got a free ticket, taken to lunch, and bought beers all day by my cousins. Hell, I would have worn an Eagles jersey for that. Still, no one really hassled me for wearing my Flacco jersey. I had a great day. What's a one point loss? It won't hurt when we beat the Patriots. Speaking of which, that was the worst Ravens loss because we had it in the bag until the drop by Evans and the muff by Cundiff. I sat in my leather recliner for an hour and didn't move after that one.

Really? If I was offered free flights from the UK with accommodation and tickets to yesterday's game, I still don't think I'd be willing to wear an Eagles jersey lol!
Posted Image

#35 RavensWin09

RavensWin09

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

Its not even close....
Jags game #1 (worst offensive showing in the flacco era, cost us a superbowl, we would've destroyed the pats here)
polamalu strip sack game #2 (its the steelers, cost us a superbowl, and we would've beaten the jets + steelers at home for sure)
2010 pats game GW FG in OT #3 (GW Fg's are hard to take especially if its against belicheat in foxboro)
2009 vikings game hauschka failure #4 (a comeback wasted, DPI calls made me go insane, missed game tying FG)
2011 chargers game #5 (defense was torched, flacco was benched for the 1st time, almost cost us the division)

i have been a fan since i started watching which was about '07 and those are my opinion on worst reg season losses ever as far being heartbreaking. yes it was a bad game but i can get over this one.

#36 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,987 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Really? If I was offered free flights from the UK with accommodation and tickets to yesterday's game, I still don't think I'd be willing to wear an Eagles jersey lol!

I guess that seems strange to you but I wore an AC Milan jersey to a Ravens game once.

Super Bowl Champions 01/28/01 and 02/03/13!

#37 BmoreRav

BmoreRav

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

I guess that seems strange to you but I wore an AC Milan jersey to a Ravens game once.

That's a completely different thing. AC Milan wasn't playing against the Ravens in that game! :P
Posted Image

#38 EnVy_CaLiBeR

EnVy_CaLiBeR

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,804 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

Not even close.

As others have said, that wasn't even the worst loss in the past year (Jags). There's been quite a few beyond that that were worse than this. We'll bounce back.

"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream.."-- EAP

Posted Image

#39 OUravensfan

OUravensfan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

No...Pittsburgh on Monday Night Football in 2007 I believe when our corners were hurt and the Steelers were up 35 to 0 at halftime with Terry Bradshaw making fun of the Ravens on national T.V. Then cap it off with Hines Ward taking a cheap shot at Reed who was not looking at him...mind you it was helmet to helmet too.

2007 loss to the then undefeated New England Patriots, Rex's TO, the 3 or 4 drive extended penalties when the Ravens effectively should of won the game 3 times. Bart Scott throwing the penalty flag in frustration comes to mind too.

The Steelers at home (our last HOME loss) with the Polamau strip...this is probably the worst since it cost us the division.

Those to were worse IMO....this one the refs really took the life out of, after that play was called back the feeling of the game changed completely, by no means should this team have to suffer from the lack of experience and general stupidity from Roger Goodell's "social experiment".

Edited by OUravensfan, 17 September 2012 - 08:31 PM.

I jumped off my Couch!!

Posted Image

#40 PurpleCorsair

PurpleCorsair

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

How about the Browns in 07? Or The Fins to give them a 1-15 record? This loss stunk, because for one we lost(obviously) and because of the poor coaching and atrocious officiating, but week 2 on the road by 1 point? Nah. The 2010 loss to the Pats hurt more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users