Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmypowder

Worst Regular Season Loss Ever?

54 posts in this topic

LMAO. DID YOU FORGET WE LOST TO THE THE DAMN JAGS ON MNF LAST YEAR.

NO, I can easy think of worse. The Pats loss in 09, the Vikings game same year. The Falcons game in 10, how about the Seahawks. We were also blown out by the Chargers last year on SNF. Are you huffing paint? How about the "loss" to the Steelers in 08 that basically determined homefield? Remember the Holmes "catch"?.

[quote name='jimmypowder' timestamp='1347917659' post='1156806']
Was the Philly loss the worst regular season loss in Ravens history ? Gotta be close .
[/quote]

Not for me. We were on the road against a great defense and good team. The refs didn't help out. But it is an game early in the season that didn't have too much weight (especially out of conference).

For me the Jags, Titans and Seahawks games from last year were all worse for me. (I'm sure I can think of more). I'm sure there are plenty of Steelers games as well.

The loss in NE a few years back with the Clayton drop was a pretty painful loss as well.

Talk about living in the moment.

Frustrating loss, but there have definitely been worse. The prime time losses to the Steelers and Pats in '07 were especially painful.

[quote name='redrum52' timestamp='1347917851' post='1156811']
LMAO. DID YOU FORGET WE LOST TO THE THE DAMN JAGS ON MNF LAST YEAR?
[/quote]

That was one of the worst in recent memory based on how bad we played and how bad the team was we were playing. There were some other heartbreaking ones that were way worse. And the 2007 [profanity deleted] kicking Pittsburgh gave us after we were forced to play my high school JV players from 20 years on defense was pretty bad too lol.

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1347918058' post='1156818']
Talk about living in the moment.

Frustrating loss, but there have definitely been worse. The prime time losses to the Steelers and Pats in '07 were especially painful.
[/quote]

Yeah I was thinking the Pats 07 loss. But not many people had us in that game, including most of us. It was a disappointing loss, but the win would have been one of the most amazing wins.

[quote name='jimmypowder' timestamp='1347918214' post='1156827']
Well then name me top 3 I. ravens regular season
[/quote]

My top 3:

1. Steelers 2010 SNF
2. Patriots 2007 MNF
3. @Steelers 2007 MNF

Plenty more come to mind.

[quote name='jimmypowder' timestamp='1347918214' post='1156827']
Well then name me top 3 I. ravens regular season
[/quote]

It's down to opinion but I'd say anyone that put yesterday's in their top 3 is either still bitter and/or was at the game and had to endure a lot of abuse from Eagles fans.

Numerous games from '05 and '07 seasons, tight losses to the Steelers, the Jaguars game last year; all were worse than yesterday's L in my opinion.

[quote name='Florida Ravens Fan' timestamp='1347918603' post='1156837']
Did u guys forget we gave the only win to the Dolphins when they went 1-15! !!! Lol and I went to that game.
[/quote]

That's a good one! We must have repressed it.

"Over reaction Monday" comes to mind. This was a loss to a non-conference opponent - big whoop. If we lose any other games this month (Patriots, Browns), it won't even be the worst loss of September 2012. It was close and there were a few plays where it appeared we sealed the game, so yes, that sucks. But worst - absolutely not. Any loss to division or conference rivals is worse. The pain of this will be forgotten long before the playoffs.

I wouldnt say this was the worse. And while people will not agree with me, if the Jones TD is not called pass interference, we are up 10 and win this game. We then are talking about how we need to fix some things but were are 2-0 and the season is early. While it certainly wasnt a pretty game, it wasnt the worse loss by far. The Steelers games people have brought up come to mind. Even last year in Cincy when Flacco threw 4 INTs wasnt a nice game to be at. Try going to the bathroom and standing at a urinal, your the only one wearing Purple and you have 50 drunk guys screaming and cussing you out. I was just waiting for the punch to the back of the head.

The only way it could be consider that bad is by the standpoint of being a team that was talked up a lot as a main Superbowl contender by the media and then a game later to not look good at all on either side of the ball. The offense's old ways reared it's ugly head and the defense looked nothing like a Ravens defense.

[quote name='Lawbrum' timestamp='1347918846' post='1156844']
I wouldnt say this was the worse. And while people will not agree with me, if the Jones TD is not called pass interference, we are up 10 and win this game. We then are talking about how we need to fix some things but were are 2-0 and the season is early. While it certainly wasnt a pretty game, it wasnt the worse loss by far. The Steelers games people have brought up come to mind. Even last year in Cincy when Flacco threw 4 INTs wasnt a nice game to be at. Try going to the bathroom and standing at a urinal, your the only one wearing Purple and you have 50 drunk guys screaming and cussing you out. I was just waiting for the punch to the back of the head.
[/quote]

Its so amazing how one play could really shape the outlook of that game (and this board for the following next week).

Did u guys forget we gave the only win to the Dolphins when they went 1-15! !!! Lol and I went to that game.
[/quote]

Cam was Miami's head coach. Maybe that's why we hired him. Didn't check to see how he had done in the other 15 games.
That was definitely more painful than yesterday - and wasn't as painful as the game in which we appeared to have given the Pats their only loss, which was just a few games earlier that year.

[quote name='descent into the maelstrom' timestamp='1347919321' post='1156852']

Cam was Miami's head coach. Maybe that's why we hired him. Didn't check to see how he had done in the other 15 games.
That was definitely more painful than yesterday - and wasn't as painful as the game in which we appeared to have given the Pats their only loss, which was just a few games earlier that year.
[/quote]

Lo i forgot he was the coach. just imagine my walk to the parking lot that game haha.

Not close. Many have said good examples of games that hurt worse already but for me It's gotta be last year vs the Jags.

As a=bad as that game was just think, If we would have won we would have had home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Lmao, not even close.

The loss to the Vikings in 2009 comes to mind. Or how about the loss to the Patriots in 2007?

I could except the loss yesterday. I got a free ticket, taken to lunch, and bought beers all day by my cousins. Hell, I would have worn an Eagles jersey for that. Still, no one really hassled me for wearing my Flacco jersey. I had a great day. What's a one point loss? It won't hurt when we beat the Patriots. Speaking of which, that was the worst Ravens loss because we had it in the bag until the drop by Evans and the muff by Cundiff. I sat in my leather recliner for an hour and didn't move after that one.

Yesterday isn't even close. Pats in 07 was the worst for me. Also both 08 Steelers games, 2010 vs. Steelers, 09 at the Pats, among others. This one probably doesn't break into the top 10.

This wasn't even a "bad loss" by any account. Do you consider a "bad loss" a loss to a non-contending team you should beat such as the Jags from last year or a close heartbreaking loss such as any of the Steelers games from the last few years already mentioned. This is a non-conference away game against probably the best d we will face all year, and will have no impact on the rest of the season. I would worry if i was a new orleans fan.... the Pats just gave up their home field to the Cards. Steelers and Bengals both have in conference losses... those will all effect the outcome of their seasons more than this will the Ravens. I would watch out for the road KC game after the Pats and Browns for a letdown.

[quote name='jimmypowder' timestamp='1347917659' post='1156806']
Was the Philly loss the worst regular season loss in Ravens history ? Gotta be close .
[/quote]We lost by a single point. I'm pretty sure that Chargers clobbering last year is worse.

In my honest opinion, the worse regular season loss was that home Steeler game that cost us home field. You know the one, it involved that guy who wears 43 coming off the LT for a sack strip late in the 4th quarter....

I'd put JAC last year and the winless 2007 Dolphins in as my top 2, probably with Miami at #1 simply because they went winless otherwise.

[quote name='ROH522155' timestamp='1347921358' post='1156897']
Yesterday isn't even close. Pats in 07 was the worst for me. Also both 08 Steelers games, 2010 vs. Steelers, 09 at the Pats, among others. This one probably doesn't break into the top 10.
[/quote]
We played a great game against the undefeated Patriots. We weren't humiliated. The worst loss in team history is when you are completely blinded by the white hot light of shame.
A respective nod to Dave Dameshek.

[/quote]

And I predicted that weeks before it happened!

This Eagles game will be in the forgettable games lost in no time.

Lions a few years back.

Pathetic is not even close to accurate to how we played and conducted our selves.
The one and only time I was ever embarassed to be a Ravens fan.

Oh yeah the Miami game too.
Sheesh.

I CAN NOT say the 07 pats game.
Simply because we played our [bad word]'s off.
I am very, very, very proud of our team from that day.
Yes the loss was HUGELY disapointing and heart breaking, but it was a helluva game.

Miami and Detroit, not so much. We looked like fools.

[quote name='CapoRocky' timestamp='1347921167' post='1156889']
I could except the loss yesterday. I got a free ticket, taken to lunch, and bought beers all day by my cousins. Hell, [b]I would have worn an Eagles jersey for that.[/b] Still, no one really hassled me for wearing my Flacco jersey. I had a great day. What's a one point loss? It won't hurt when we beat the Patriots. Speaking of which, that was the worst Ravens loss because we had it in the bag until the drop by Evans and the muff by Cundiff. I sat in my leather recliner for an hour and didn't move after that one.
[/quote]

Really? If I was offered free flights from the UK with accommodation and tickets to yesterday's game, I still don't think I'd be willing to wear an Eagles jersey lol!

Its not even close....
Jags game #1 (worst offensive showing in the flacco era, cost us a superbowl, we would've destroyed the pats here)
polamalu strip sack game #2 (its the steelers, cost us a superbowl, and we would've beaten the jets + steelers at home for sure)
2010 pats game GW FG in OT #3 (GW Fg's are hard to take especially if its against belicheat in foxboro)
2009 vikings game hauschka failure #4 (a comeback wasted, DPI calls made me go insane, missed game tying FG)
2011 chargers game #5 (defense was torched, flacco was benched for the 1st time, almost cost us the division)

i have been a fan since i started watching which was about '07 and those are my opinion on worst reg season losses ever as far being heartbreaking. yes it was a bad game but i can get over this one.

[quote name='BmoreRav' timestamp='1347928427' post='1157026']
Really? If I was offered free flights from the UK with accommodation and tickets to yesterday's game, I still don't think I'd be willing to wear an Eagles jersey lol!
[/quote]

I guess that seems strange to you but I wore an AC Milan jersey to a Ravens game once.

[quote name='CapoRocky' timestamp='1347929022' post='1157037']

I guess that seems strange to you but I wore an AC Milan jersey to a Ravens game once.
[/quote]

That's a completely different thing. AC Milan wasn't playing against the Ravens in that game! :P

Not even close.

As others have said, that wasn't even the worst loss in the past year (Jags). There's been quite a few beyond that that were worse than this. We'll bounce back.

No...Pittsburgh on Monday Night Football in 2007 I believe when our corners were hurt and the Steelers were up 35 to 0 at halftime with Terry Bradshaw making fun of the Ravens on national T.V. Then cap it off with Hines Ward taking a cheap shot at Reed who was not looking at him...mind you it was helmet to helmet too.

2007 loss to the then undefeated New England Patriots, Rex's TO, the 3 or 4 drive extended penalties when the Ravens effectively should of won the game 3 times. Bart Scott throwing the penalty flag in frustration comes to mind too.

The Steelers at home (our last HOME loss) with the Polamau strip...this is probably the worst since it cost us the division.

Those to were worse IMO....this one the refs really took the life out of, after that play was called back the feeling of the game changed completely, by no means should this team have to suffer from the lack of experience and general stupidity from Roger Goodell's "social experiment".

How about the Browns in 07? Or The Fins to give them a 1-15 record? This loss stunk, because for one we lost(obviously) and because of the poor coaching and atrocious officiating, but week 2 on the road by 1 point? Nah. The 2010 loss to the Pats hurt more.

[quote name='xxhighriser' timestamp='1347932174' post='1157117']
reasons why i barely come in these forums, threads like these. smh, it's just one loss.
[/quote]

Yawn

The most recent loss is always the worst. But if you are talking "at the time" then no this was not. We lost by a point in a hard fought game. It is not like the Eagles were playing a whole lot better than us. Both teams were sloppy, ours just a little bit more so.

I was skeptical about this game from the start of the offseason (check the NFC East thread, I predicted we'd lose this game), but even with my expectations low, this loss stung badly. It was the way we lost. I don't want to blame the refs, but this was just unbelievable. The entire game was out of control. Mystery players were getting flagged, it took forever to get the ball placed right which prevented us from getting into any sort of offensive rhythm.... and of course that whole pass interference debacle. Add in a few bogus roughing the passer calls and it was almost unbearable to watch from either end.

2007 NE at home was the worst, and may always be the worst, for me. I took this loss quite well. I mean, we have a history of losing the 2 game of the season. And there is a record 1-1 teams in the NFL. As long as we are the same record, or better, than the Steelers, I'm alright.

[quote name='display name' timestamp='1347923350' post='1156945']
We played a great game against the undefeated Patriots. We weren't humiliated. The worst loss in team history is when you are completely blinded by the white hot light of shame.
A respective nod to Dave Dameshek.
[/quote]

I don't care. Do you remember the emotion the team played with that night? If that Pats team won the super bowl, they would have been called the best team ever. And we had them on the ropes. Emotions were sky high especially for our former Miami players Ed, Ray, and Willis as Sean Taylor had just passed away. Things got so heated that we saw Bart Scott toss the flag into the stands and then the players blasted the refs after the game. Maybe it is just me, but losing that game was killer for me. Especially after we stopped them on 4th down twice only to see a penalty and a timeout by Rex erase our stops. That was bad.

This loss won't even be a blip in our heads in a year or two.

Heck, I didn't even remember the Week 2 loss to Tennessee last year until people started mentioning it. Yet, I seem to remember the Week 5 home loss to Tennessee in 2008 more vividly than most people.

[quote name='OUravensfan' timestamp='1347931697' post='1157104']
No...Pittsburgh on Monday Night Football in 2007 I believe when our corners were hurt and the Steelers were up 35 to 0 at halftime with Terry Bradshaw making fun of the Ravens on national T.V. Then cap it off with Hines Ward taking a cheap shot at Reed who was not looking at him...mind you it was helmet to helmet too.

2007 loss to the then undefeated New England Patriots, [b]Rex's TO[/b], the 3 or 4 drive extended penalties when the Ravens effectively should of won the game 3 times. Bart Scott throwing the penalty flag in frustration comes to mind too.

The Steelers at home (our last HOME loss) with the Polamau strip...this is probably the worst since it cost us the division.

Those to were worse IMO....this one the refs really took the life out of, after that play was called back the feeling of the game changed completely, by no means should this team have to suffer from the lack of experience and general stupidity from Roger Goodell's "social experiment".
[/quote]The timeout he didn't have the authority to call....