Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kassaiscool

How would you attack our defense?

51 posts in this topic

[quote name='Florida Ravens Fan' timestamp='1347919346' post='1156854']
Just use TEs Since the Ravens are blind to TEs, forget throwing to WRs lol.
[/quote]

Actually we are pretty good against TEs. I honestly think that we neglected Celek as part of the game plan. Our main focus was to stop the run, contain Vick, and limit the deep outside routes.

That ofcourse opened up the middle of the field, hence how Celek creamed us. Next week the Ravens will focus on Gronk a lot more. Pollard will be effective against him.

Right now I would run right up the gut. Our interior defensive line is weak right now (Ngata, Cody, other guys inside).

I would also attack with passing routes over the middle, trying to isolate our MLBs.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1347919494' post='1156856']

Actually we are pretty good against TEs. I honestly think that we neglected Celek as part of the game plan. Our main focus was to stop the run, contain Vick, and limit the deep outside routes.

That ofcourse opened up the middle of the field, hence how Celek creamed us. Next week the Ravens will focus on Gronk a lot more. Pollard will be effective against him.
[/quote]

Im just messing PuRock, I was talking to my buddy a TB fan and was telling him just that, they were so worried about speed at Wr and neglected game planning for the TE. With TE play being a strong point for England I think that will be there main focus.

Between 10-20 yards out anywhere on the field that Webb and Reed aren't. Seems to be pretty consistant completions in that area.

I would set the passing game up using stretches and off tackle runs trying to make Ray and McClain run. Seeing as Kruger other LBs can't set the edge, this should be ok.

I would worry about nullifying Ngata though, that would be my main concern.

Passing wise, I would throw in the seams (LB channels) and avoid Webby most of the time. In would use a lot of Play action and rollouts.

And on third downs, I'm using an empty back set as DP only sends 3 anyway...

I'd say we are weak against the run right now and like others our passing game in the middle of the field is not good.

Basically, the defense is a concern right now.

Yesterday was an abomination for our D. We had what 3 turnovers in the redzone? Supposed to be awesome right? And still lost the game? That is nuts. We should have been blown out the way we played. The eagles could have put up 40+ on us but they can't hold the football.

Any time I see three linebackers/4-DL, I'd go with a two-TE set and have them split out. Ray simply doesn't change directions or close fast enough. The others are no better but none of them demand to stay on the field.

I'm grateful the Bengals were trying hard to establish the WR's week 1.

Receiving for tight ends from the Championship Game and Sunday:

12-153-0 TD
9-176-1 TD, 1 leap over Ed Reed

[quote name='Twistidfunk' timestamp='1347925168' post='1156973']
I'd say we are weak against the run right now and like others our passing game in the middle of the field is not good.

Basically, the defense is a concern right now.

Yesterday was an abomination for our D. We had what 3 turnovers in the redzone? Supposed to be awesome right? And still lost the game? That is nuts. We should have been blown out the way we played. The eagles could have put up 40+ on us but they can't hold the football.
[/quote]

I thought our run D was one of our positives yesterday on defence. It was better than week 1!

[quote name='raybaby' timestamp='1347919922' post='1156866']
It might be a better question to ask where their strengths are right now
[/quote]

[i]Where are their strengths right now?[/i]

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1347919015' post='1156846']
Throw at Cary Williams. Run off tackle.
[/quote]

This. All game long.

Short routes since we always play 15 yards off

[quote name='kassaiscool' timestamp='1347917637' post='1156805']
If you were an OC or something, How would you try to attack our defense? Where do you think the weak areas on our defense would be?
[/quote]

Throw throw throw throw throw throw throw. Throw it short, throw it to the tight end. You will win. When your DC refuses to blitz and gives receivers a 10 yard cushion it's pretty easy to play QB and have a successful offense in all honesty.

[quote name='BmoreRav' timestamp='1347925539' post='1156982']
I thought our run D was one of our positives yesterday on defence. It was better than week 1!
[/quote]

Run defense isn't as important in today's league. We have incredible talent in the secondary, on paper we should be in the competition for best secondary in the league, but the scheme is completely wrong. The Eagles should not have been able to throw their way back into that game, and any team that loses after taking the ball away that many times should be embarrassed.

Prior to yesterday's game, a TE hadn't done anything vs the Ravens for a very long time.

The Ravens were top 3 vs opposing TE last season and in Week 1 Gresham had 3 catches for 30 yards.

[u][b]2011 vs Tight Ends[/b][/u]
Game 1: 3 catches-42 yards-0 TD
Game 2: 3 catches-38 yards-0 TD
Game 3: 3 catches-35 yards-0 TD
Game 4: 2 catches-12 yards-0 TD
Game 5: 2 catches-13 yards-0 TD
Game 6: 1 catch-13 yards-0 TD
Game 7: 4 catches-32 yards-0 TD
Game 8: 5 catches-73 yards-0 TD
Game 9: 5 catches-39 yards-0 TD
Game 10: 4 catches-54 yards-0 TD (No Ray)
Game 11: 4 catches-38 yards-0 TD (No Ray)
Game 12: 5 catches-62 yards-1 TD (No Ray)
Game 13: 3 catches-30 yards-0 TD (No Ray)
Game 14: 4 catches-40 yards-0 TD
Game 15: 6 catches-38 yards-1 TD
Game 16: 7 catches-81 yards-0 TD

Game 1 (2012): 3 catches-30 yards-0 TD

[b]TOTAL: [/b]17 Games, 64 catches, 670 yards, 2 TD

Averages out to: 3.76 catches, 39.4 yards

I don't think 1 game changes a 17 game trend.

The plan was to stop the big play potential of Maclin and Jackson while shutting down McCoy I think
They rarely use Celek but the defense just seemed to let him go free.

Well for a couple of years now the coaching stafg has made this veru easy.

For the life of me i cant understand why our corners play 12 yards off the receiver on every play. All teams have to do is throw quick slants or a quick wr screen and theres a free 8 yards atleast. It infuriates me almost as much as cams playcalling. I meam they even do it with jimmy smith who is a pure press cover corner

I would attack our secondary and LB's all day long. I would throw in front of the corners, because they give so much room for a WR to work with. That's why the bengals were throwing so many screens and bubbles. Our corners are scared to get beat deep. As much as I love ray, I would throw over his head in the seams. Ray doesn't make plays in the passing game too much. Teams that go 5 wide with a no huddle can have a good amount of success against us.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1347919451' post='1156855']
I'd do a lot of play action against us. You better not be patriots oc.
[/quote]

hahaha bill belichick has me doing work for the patriots!!

I may have caused all this, knowing how well we played TE's over the past I dropped Celek completely off my fantasy team for Pitta before the game.

Blame me

Until Dean Pees is released you can attack them anywhere you want. As long as its on the field. Bernard pollard's area is off limits though he brings the wood. Hardest hitter on this team by far.

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1347996496' post='1157962']
Until Dean Pees is released you can attack them anywhere you want. As long as its on the field. Bernard pollard's area is off limits though he brings the wood. Hardest hitter on this team by far.
[/quote]

Pollard is a classic Raven. What a good pickup. Fans were upset because Zibby/Haruki weren't going to get to start when we first signed him. I knew from the beginning how good he would be for us. He is what Dawan Landry was supposed to turn into.

[E] Just checked out Landry's stats with us. It's actually a shame we couldn't hold on to him. Pollard is still great though!