128 replies to this topic

#121 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

He has taken the team to the playoffs every year he has been here. And the team has shown improvement is various ways, like the penalties dropping and now he wants to work on tackling. Admittedly I wish he would step up and correct his OC/DC in game occasionally.
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#122 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,505 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:35 AM

The fact that Cam is standing by his playcalling shows that Harbs has yet to hold him accountable.

#123 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

I wonder does everyone realize this is Harbaugh's first HC gig? I think he is learning a lot of things as he goes along. He admitted last season that he was not hands on with the offense. Of course, he was supposed to change that and I'm hoping he has and we'll go back to the no huddle even in road games. This was not a very disciplined team under Billick at the end and Harbaugh has fixed that. I think he's a very good HC that will actually get better. I just think he needs to can the Cam love. Not for us the fans, he can say whatever to us, but it needs to show that he's been kicking Cam's butt after the abysmal play calling and so far, it doesn't.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#124 frozen joe flacco fan

frozen joe flacco fan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

Contrary to the belief of many Ravens fans who believe John Harbaugh has led his team to the playoffs four years in a row, I respectfully disagree. I believe the Ravens players have led John Harbaugh to the playoffs. There is a stark contrast between the way he coaches and the way his brother Jim coaches. That was evident from viewing the Niners vs. Lions game last week after our game. I'm not sure what his greatest strengths are but I've witnessed firsthand some of his glaring weaknesses. Notwithstanding the above, I was heartened to see him finally taking on the officials last Sunday in Philly. It was the first time I've seen him express that much passion or emotion. However, it is obvious to the most casual observer that he does not have the football sense of his brother Jim. It seems to me that if he was such a good position coach our Special Teams would be the best in the league but I'm not sure they are any better than anyone else's STs.

#125 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,505 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Contrary to the belief of many Ravens fans who believe John Harbaugh has led his team to the playoffs four years in a row, I respectfully disagree. I believe the Ravens players have led John Harbaugh to the playoffs. There is a stark contrast between the way he coaches and the way his brother Jim coaches. That was evident from viewing the Niners vs. Lions game last week after our game. I'm not sure what his greatest strengths are but I've witnessed firsthand some of his glaring weaknesses. Notwithstanding the above, I was heartened to see him finally taking on the officials last Sunday in Philly. It was the first time I've seen him express that much passion or emotion. However, it is obvious to the most casual observer that he does not have the football sense of his brother Jim. It seems to me that if he was such a good position coach our Special Teams would be the best in the league but I'm not sure they are any better than anyone else's STs.

I agree with everything written here, well said. It's obvious John has little feel for the game at times. Look at the way he wastes timeouts.

#126 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

I love the way Harbs has made this team a family, but the black jersey drama, the lack of timeout use, and the whole Cam situation has given him a more bitter relationship with the fans.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#127 Ravenglenn

Ravenglenn

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

Win more games than any other coach in the last 4 years! Continually put his team in the position to win a SB!

There are 2 things he does for starters! Anything else?

Exactly. Now we just need receivers who can hold onto the ball in the clutch.

#128 ThePurpleWall

ThePurpleWall

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:29 AM

Serious question. It seems as if this team is routinely outcoached. Why is the head coach saying "it's right to question the calls on 3rd and short?" If that's the case, then why didn't HE question them. Both coordinators called awful games yesterday, but someone needs to hold them accountable, because we are quickly becoming Chargers East.

um hello,he isnt the Offensive Coordinator.
Ray Lewis"in any war who pulls their General out?,Nobody,when ever i put on that Jersey,ever man in this building believes in one thing,whatever our General says we Follow bottom Line"

Ray Lewis is the Leader of this Franchise.

#129 SizzleSuggs55

SizzleSuggs55

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

What game did you watch b/c they wasn't constantly doing that. They were constantly sending their front 4 and dropping 7 back which seems to be our weakness.

The same one you were, and i actually posted that because i had just read John Harbaugh's quote about how they were dropping guys in the box to stop rice and if they do that they are basically asking you to throw, and that he liked the decision to throw on 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2. How did rice only have 16 carries if they were only blitzing their front 4? all Philly did was send pressure...we were the team dropping 7 into coverage..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users