110 replies to this topic

#101 JEEPercreepermd

JEEPercreepermd

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

Tough to generate consistent push when offensive lines are keying on you. In one-on-one situations, he looks just as explosive and powerful as ever.

Exactly, he's being double teamed almost every snap because when he's 1 on 1 he's manhandling people and getting to the qb
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

#102 Tatelli

Tatelli

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

IMO .....For the most part just go back to last years start.....Great game plan against Pitt, very poor game plan second week. Ref's blew calls in just about every game it seemed this weekend, but our game plan was just terrible.

Here we go with that word again "execution".....How do you execute a poor game plan.....re watch last years second game and re watch this years second game plan.

OK I'm done venting...Hope we show up against Brady and company, or thing's could get really ugly!!!

#103 frozen joe flacco fan

frozen joe flacco fan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

1) Terrible officiating.
2) Tie between poor defensive play by Jimmy Smith et al and predictable play calling at end of game. Also, the stupid challenge by Coach Harbaugh cost us the loss of a critical timeout at the end of the game.

#104 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

I wish we'd use Rice more, in the run. I'd like to see Rice get AT LEAST 20 touches a game. I feel like we're stuck in an identity crisis. We want to develop a heavy pass game, but then we paid Rice millions and it's a waste of money if we're bringing him in for 15 touches.

I just hate when Rice doesn't get his touches. You have Rice and a bruiser in Vonta in the backfield, it's ridiculous.

#105 frozen joe flacco fan

frozen joe flacco fan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

I agree. They should have played ground and pound football with the lead in the second half.

#106 Marc2k6

Marc2k6

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:51 AM

This is the type of loss that leaves you scatching your [head] wondering how did we lose this game and did this really happen! I was waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump from behind my TV and holler you've been Punked!

Edited by Moderator 3, 22 September 2012 - 06:13 AM.
Crudeness

Posted Image

Training Camp is over Jr!

Just put the ball down!

#107 Rav'n Maniac

Rav'n Maniac

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:13 AM

One Question. Why, on 3rd and goal from the 1 yard line did Pees change out of the goal line D to a prevent D with a 3 man rush, 3 LB's & 5 DB's. Watch the film. My grandmother could have scored on that play as easily as Vick did.

And why is Cary playing 10 to 15 yards off his receiver. Everyone he covered burnt him on little hitches.

Edited by Rav'n Maniac, 22 September 2012 - 06:13 AM.

#108 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

That was TWO questions!

I think we saw a lot of prevent defense and it's horrifying. I've heard people mention Mattison and that's the first guy that pops into my head, in comparison. I want an agressive defense, but it has only been two games, they may adjust, I hope.

#109 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,362 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

Since we just love to throw blame out around here...

Tyrod Taylor! What the heck man, you were supposed to emmulate Michael Vick this past week in practice! You gotta prepare us better man! smh

*jokes*

That was great :)

#110 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,362 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

That was TWO questions!

I think we saw a lot of prevent defense and it's horrifying. I've heard people mention Mattison and that's the first guy that pops into my head, in comparison. I want an agressive defense, but it has only been two games, they may adjust, I hope.

So this loss was actually Pagano's fault for bailing out on us. That jerk!!...........lol :)

#111 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,980 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:55 AM

I wish we'd use Rice more, in the run. I'd like to see Rice get AT LEAST 20 touches a game. I feel like we're stuck in an identity crisis. We want to develop a heavy pass game, but then we paid Rice millions and it's a waste of money if we're bringing him in for 15 touches.

I just hate when Rice doesn't get his touches. You have Rice and a bruiser in Vonta in the backfield, it's ridiculous.

I agree, that we should've run the ball more often. Aaron Rodgers, arguably the best QB in the game right now, proved that even he couldn't just throw the ball around and succeed against a good defense. The Packers ran the ball more often against the Bears and (surprise surprise) the Packers won easily.
I think Cameron right now is like an overly enthusiastic kid playing with a new toy. We get it Cam! Joe Flacco is on fire. We are all happy about it, but lets not forget that we have a RB and a FB that have been great for a long time already!
I have to support our offensive coordinator on one thing however. The idea, that Rice needs a certain number of touches for us to win is bogus. Remember, the run-run-pass attack has been equally ineffective. We need to adjust to every game accordingly and unfortunetly Cam Cameron gets carried away sometimes.
We had a winning formula already against the Eagles by setting up the run with the pass in the first half. We scored easy, so suddenly to change all that was just stupid.

Edited by PolishRifle, 22 September 2012 - 07:55 AM.

bJNF689.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)