Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3-4ravdef509

2 reasons we lost

111 posts in this topic

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1347922989' post='1156935']
yup, may want to whip out how many more future HOFamers we'll have in a ten year span than the Eagles will.
[/quote]
That's what Steelers fans do. Can we not be like them?

[quote name='display name' timestamp='1347930382' post='1157063']
That's what Steelers fans do. Can we not be like them?
[/quote]

It only hurts because its true.

the 2 reasons we lost are simple and it wasnt the refs......

reason #1 Cam "Denny's Menu" Cameron.....If its not going to Pitta he cant dial up a decent play

reason #2 Dean "Vanilla Defense" Pees....... Lets spy Mike Vick and leave this Celek guy open every play

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1347916601' post='1156787']
What's funny is that play call actually worked. It flushed Vick out of the pocket where we had guys. I actually don't blame Williams that much for that play(but he had plenty of other bad moments). He was playing zone and was suppose to let the WR through to the next level.

Reed made his 'playmaking' decision and bit on the run and the coverage was blown. But most of the time, Reed's instincts are pretty damn good.
[/quote]

Interestingly enough, according to PFF, they've attributed Cary Williams as the responsible party for the TD. I'm not sure of the exact reliability of this, but from what I've read, they're usually very knowledgeable when it comes to understanding play concepts and such. Just throwing it out there.

[quote name='-Truth-' timestamp='1347937231' post='1157311']

Interestingly enough, according to PFF, they've attributed Cary Williams as the responsible party for the TD. I'm not sure of the exact reliability of this, but from what I've read, they're usually very knowledgeable when it comes to understanding play concepts and such. Just throwing it out there.
[/quote]

Sometimes they are but the Ravens were playing so much zone in that game that deciding who to "blame" on completions is hard sometimes.

1. Harbs didn't want Andy Reid to get fired and handed him the win over
2. The Ravens wanted to humble Flacco for shelving contract talks 2 days before the game

[quote name='JEEPercreepermd' timestamp='1347916179' post='1156779']

The defense actually played very well considering Philly's offense was firing on all cylinders. Make no mistake, all trash talk aside. That offense is one of the more potent in the league when they are on. Just like the AFCC in pittsburgh 2 years ago. We had a nice lead going into the 2nd half and the offense went into a shell.
[/quote]

Defense giving up well over 400 yards of offense is not playing well. I also wouldn't say the Eagles are firing on all cylinders. They have a prolific offense but so far, just like last year the damn turnovers have left a lot of points on the field. If they can fix the turnover issue and with the Eagles defense they are the best team in the NFL.

[quote name='3-4ravdef509' timestamp='1347889926' post='1156038']
1.) I was at this game, I talked to PHILLY fans around me and we all agreed, their corners were holding and disrupting our receivers so far past 5 yards it wasn't funny. Even.the Jones touchdown, he pushed off because he was being held. Nnamdi was not even turning his body or head around to play the ball which should of been a penalty each time. Joe basically could throw it back shoulder and hope they got free, hope Pitta was open, or try Rice. Problem was also there was pressure in his face. Which brings me to this
[/quote]

I was at this game. I talked to some Ravens fans and they agreed. The Ravens just got outplayed and thats why they lost.

We were spreading the ball around in the first half very nice and it was setting up Rice to break some nice runs, but our o-line played well. In the second half the o-line was having trouble when they dialed up the rush, Joe seemed to be rushed and was not as accurate, and they stepped up in the box stopping Rice.

People are saying we lost because we did not run Rice, and I am not saying that we should not have kept trying to run, but Rices's (and Pierce's) last few runs did not got gain much at all.....just saying.....it was not a guarentee. I actually would have love to see Leach on the field more in the second half.

Honestly, I think one of the keys to this loss was Pollard getting hurt. The guy was playing like a man possessed until his injury. The refs let our receivers get mugged all day by their secondary, maybe we should have pressed their receivers more since the refs were letting them get away with murder. Vick at times looked like the Vick of old.

leach aka the juggernaut aka patty's pancake aka man with no head, plus rice is one scary combo.... i bet the patriots hope we dont use them

[quote name='DeathPunch' timestamp='1347944832' post='1157439']

Defense giving up well over 400 yards of offense is not playing well. I also wouldn't say the Eagles are firing on all cylinders. They have a prolific offense but so far, just like last year the damn turnovers have left a lot of points on the field. If they can fix the turnover issue and with the Eagles defense they are the best team in the NFL.
[/quote]

Best? You got back just about as many turnovers as you made to Cleveland and still barely won. With our game, there were certainly some "oddities" that assisted that win as well.

Best? Dream Team? Dynasty? Y'all are funny!

[/quote]

Let them make the playoffs first sunshine

At first i was fuming mad at the offense but after a day went by i watched the game again i realized the defense let the eagles run up and down the field. I think we gave up over 500 yards.

Let's face it and admit that the eagles beat us. They were better then us that game. When giventhe chance they came away with points. The second half of the game our offense just was shut down.

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1347970515' post='1157540']
Best? You got back just about as many turnovers as you made to Cleveland and still barely won. With our game, there were certainly some "oddities" that assisted that win as well.

Best? Dream Team? Dynasty? Y'all are funny!
[/quote]

Which shows you how good the Eagles are that they can overcome the turnovers. Face it. Without the turnovers the Ravens would have been blown out. Also learn to read

If the eagles stop with the turnovers they are the best team in the NFL.

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1347970742' post='1157543']
Let them make the playoffs first sunshine
[/quote]

The only thing stopping this team from making the playoffs are turnovers. They have a Solid defense and offense.

[/quote]

Honestly, I am seriously asking what is your evidence that they are "the best team in the NFL"? I dont want "I feel"s and "I think". Show some facts, some stats, anything. I am not throwing the Ravens up as a contender for that title, but there are a lot of other teams that would seem to be ahead of the Eagles. At least the Sqeelers actually have 6 rings to toss around. What do the Eagles have?

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1347891055' post='1156066']
Look, the offense sputtered in the 2nd half because [u][b]they took the game out of Joe's hands and gave the reins back to Cam[/b][/u]. However, our defense was given a 10 pt lead at half-time and a 6 pt lead with only 4 minutes left in the game. Pees and the defense failed this game. I know we love our defense, but that is just fact.
[/quote]

lol!

~Mili

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1347973423' post='1157573']
Honestly, I am seriously asking what is your evidence that they are "the best team in the NFL"? I dont want "I feel"s and "I think". Show some facts, some stats, anything. I am not throwing the Ravens up as a contender for that title, but there are a lot of other teams that would seem to be ahead of the Eagles. At least the Sqeelers actually have 6 rings to toss around. What do the Eagles have?
[/quote]

LOL.Way to go and refute your own post. You ask for evidence then you go on to provide a irrelevent stat line about rings. As if that has any bearing on this season.

The only thing stopping this team are turnovers If they fix that problem they are the best in the NFL.

They arguably have the best CB trio in the league or at least next to the Seahawks. Eagles have the best defensive line in the NFL. The LB core is vastly improved from last year. Demeco Ryans is playing just as good if not better than any Linebacker in the NFL right now. Mychal Kendricks is playing like veteran. Wouldn't be suprised if he kept playing like this he'd be DROY and possibly the pro bowl.

Even with the offensive injuries the Eagles still have a top flight offense. Its a meaningless stat line but right now they are #1. Again if they removed the turnovers the eagles would have dropped over 30 points on the ravens. Its an issue epecially since they seem to be occuring in the redzone where the very least they could get 3 points. Its something they need to correct. High scoring offense with a Very Good defense is something very few teams in the league have.

[quote name='CalvinSmoke' timestamp='1347894218' post='1156175']
Since we just love to throw blame out around here...

Tyrod Taylor! What the heck man, you were supposed to emmulate Michael Vick this past week in practice! You gotta prepare us better man! smh

*jokes*
[/quote]
:) lol
OP nailed it. They made adjustments based on the horrible officiating and we didn't. That simple.
Blame whoever you want, and let's move on.

[quote name='Purple Crush' timestamp='1347979070' post='1157647']
Has antone else noticed that Ngata gets almost NO push on the D line anymore? Is he hurt?
[/quote]

They are letting o lineman us included. Its harder for these sorry refs to see the interior lines especially considering the can barely see the tackles holding ends. Hell they don't know the difference between pi and holding or how to spot a ball. Don't even get me started on 2 minute warnings.

[quote name='Purple Crush' timestamp='1347979070' post='1157647']
Has antone else noticed that Ngata gets almost NO push on the D line anymore? Is he hurt?
[/quote]

Tough to generate consistent push when offensive lines are keying on you. In one-on-one situations, he looks just as explosive and powerful as ever.

Pay no mind to this troll. For starters, typical Philadelphia Eagles fan logic here. Stating that the Eagles should have dominated the game from the start. Completely bogus. Also, if Nnamdi is ALSO called for PI (Jones pushed off because nnamdi was draped all over him as he was going into the endzone) Then it's a TD. Also Torrey Smith was mugged several times as well on what should have been atleast a few big plays. Flacco could have very well had over 300yds passing and at least 2 td's. Mike Vick on the other hand, looked like trash and only got the Eagles back in the game when both Reed and Williams completely blew a coverage on Maclin..that was an atrocious mistake on their behalf, not a great play by vick or maclin.

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1347981295' post='1157689']
Tough to generate consistent push when offensive lines are keying on you. In one-on-one situations, he looks just as explosive and powerful as ever.
[/quote]

Exactly, he's being double teamed almost every snap because when he's 1 on 1 he's manhandling people and getting to the qb

IMO .....For the most part just go back to last years start.....Great game plan against Pitt, very poor game plan second week. Ref's blew calls in just about every game it seemed this weekend, but our game plan was just terrible.

Here we go with that word again "execution".....How do you execute a poor game plan.....re watch last years second game and re watch this years second game plan.

OK I'm done venting...Hope we show up against Brady and company, or thing's could get really ugly!!!

[quote name='JEEPercreepermd' timestamp='1347981878' post='1157697']
Pay no mind to this troll. For starters, typical Philadelphia Eagles fan logic here. Stating that the Eagles should have dominated the game from the start. Completely bogus. Also, if Nnamdi is ALSO called for PI (Jones pushed off because nnamdi was draped all over him as he was going into the endzone) Then it's a TD. Also Torrey Smith was mugged several times as well on what should have been atleast a few big plays. Flacco could have very well had over 300yds passing and at least 2 td's. Mike Vick on the other hand, looked like trash and only got the Eagles back in the game when both Reed and Williams completely blew a coverage on Maclin..that was an atrocious mistake on their behalf, not a great play by vick or maclin.
[/quote]

Man. You are clueless. Keeping making excuses for your team. I cant take your opinion seriously. I mean you did say earlier the defense played well. LOL.

IF this. If that. Convenient how you ignore the penalties against the Eagles. How about the Demeco Ryans pic that likely would have been a p 6 or at least really good field position but the refs ruled him down on the catch. . How about the two bad PI calls against the eagles that were just good defense.

Also keepy whining about that pass. Your WR extended is your arm to push the CB out of the way to make a catch. Thats called offensive PI. Sour Grapes all around. The eagles won,