Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3-4ravdef509

2 reasons we lost

111 posts in this topic

[quote name='jazz1988' timestamp='1347894872' post='1156196']

Joe Flacco can audible at any giving time so i dont see how the game was ripped away out of his hand's . Flacco could had audible to a run play but he and Cam wanted to be so pass happy. Flacco has sees what defense is giving him and we all know he has every right to change a play but he obviously thought plays from cam were fine . i agree with everything else you said about the defense
[/quote]

Joe said all the plays on the last drive where called in by Mr. Cam.......So joe is still pinocchio and Cam is Gazpacho.

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about how our O line got slaughtered in pass protection. I've never seen Flacco take a beating like that, not even the regular season game against HOU last year or the Falcons game in 2010. We rarely, if ever, see Flacco get up slowly and gingerly after being knocked down, and it happened multiple times yesterday.

[quote name='RavensAllTheWay' timestamp='1347910747' post='1156632']
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about how our O line got slaughtered in pass protection. I've never seen Flacco take a beating like that, not even the regular season game against HOU last year or the Falcons game in 2010. We rarely, if ever, see Flacco get up slowly and gingerly after being knocked down, and it happened multiple times yesterday.
[/quote]

This.

[quote name='PurpleCityLights' timestamp='1347908422' post='1156588']
Joe said all the plays on the last drive where called in by Mr. Cam.......So joe is still pinocchio and Cam is Gazpacho.
[/quote]

Might be true but he can't state all things he has been and they let his offense stall on 3rd downs. He has made it cleat that wants the responsibility of the offense's fate in his hands. He is the one who is suppose to be leading this team. He can't be in control of the offense one minute and then the next have no impact of what play is going to happen on the field.

I think it was clear that his receivers weren't beating their man so as the leader you make sure you do what you need to do in order to move the chains. If that's demanding different plays to open his receivers or running on at least a hand full of those 3rd and short situations. Obviously this is the offensive coordinators responsibility but it's Joe's as well.

[quote name='RavensAllTheWay' timestamp='1347910747' post='1156632']
[/quote]

Yeah he was hurt apparently. The deep pass to Torrey would have been a TD but that ball was uncharacteristically wobbling through the air. It seemed to really affect his throws.

We were like 1/10 coverting on third down on the first 10 attempts. There were 3, 3rd and shorts in which we tried to pass and didn't convert. The play calling, not capitilizing on our chances and bad play cost us the game.

[quote name='DeathPunch' timestamp='1347910452' post='1156626']
Its called press coverage. You got plenty of calls against the Eagles for illegal contact. The eagles have possibly the best secondary trio in the league.
[/quote]

No, press coverage is within 5 yards of the LOS, not 15, 20, and 30 yards down the field. Sorry bub. Do you wish to phone a friend?

[quote name='raybaby' timestamp='1347911667' post='1156656']
Might be true but he can't state all things he has been and they let his offense stall on 3rd downs. He has made it cleat that wants the responsibility of the offense's fate in his hands. He is the one who is suppose to be leading this team. He can't be in control of the offense one minute and then the next have no impact of what play is going to happen on the field.

I think it was clear that his receivers weren't beating their man so as the leader you make sure you do what you need to do in order to move the chains. If that's demanding different plays to open his receivers or running on at least a hand full of those 3rd and short situations. Obviously this is the offensive coordinators responsibility but it's Joe's as well.
[/quote]

I agree. I felt like Joe or Cam should have made this adjustment at half time. We should have came out throwing some screens to Rice to slow the pass rush. Then we should have went no huddle and ran the ball coupled with some short routes, and then moved into a bunch formation with Pitta on the opposite side to help beat the press coverage. That would at least have helped us score SOME points in the 3rd quarter.

[quote name='awholelottahaloti' timestamp='1347897966' post='1156313']
I think what we are missing is that the the O is not quite ready to take the no huddle and frequent audible show on the road. I mentioned in another thread a pregame interview with Pitta that was on 98 rock. In that interview Dennis mentioned that there is still a lot of work that needs to be done with on field communications, especially non verbal. Away from from home with all of the noise, it would seem crucial to have this down to be able to properly change the play at the los. I could be wrong, but let's see how things work out at home this week.
[/quote]

Even if that is the case, the play calling could have been better and Flacco can still call his own plays in the huddle, or call audibles. But I do understand how that might be a factor in a loud environment, I had hoped we had hand signals and such down though.

The defense didn't do terrible, they just were on the field a long time and often with all of our 3 and outs. They could have played better for sure, but they certainly were out there battling. I just didn't like the deep zone scheme, which I'm sure was there to protect us against their speed. But I believe Jackson is only speed, and if we would have doubled him, put Webby on Maclin, and played physical at the line, we could have prevented the huge chunks underneathe as well as over the top. Especially it would have helped to contain Celek from grabbing wide open passes.

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1347905375' post='1156526']
This is my feeling exactly. Man up. Once he is on the field, what are they going to do if he calls a new play? Whine? Bring in Taylor? Hire painter?
[/quote]

Yeah. I really think Flacco is going to be a great quarterback, I think he already is a very good one. But he has to stop letting others be excuses for him.

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1347891055' post='1156066']
Look, the offense sputtered in the 2nd half because they took the game out of Joe's hands and gave the reins back to Cam. However, our defense was given a 10 pt lead at half-time and a 6 pt lead with only 4 minutes left in the game. Pees and the defense failed this game. I know we love our defense, but that is just fact.
[/quote]

The defense failed, because the offense couldn't sustain drives. The Eagles had the ball pretty much the entire second half. If the Ravens offense can manage more than 2 fg's (credit Justin Tucker on those..not the offense for putting him in position) then we win.

The defense actually played very well considering Philly's offense was firing on all cylinders. Make no mistake, all trash talk aside. That offense is one of the more potent in the league when they are on. Just like the AFCC in pittsburgh 2 years ago. We had a nice lead going into the 2nd half and the offense went into a shell.

I'll correct my last post. The TD that put the Eagles back in the game was a HORRIBLY blown coverage by both Reed and Williams who were both obviously licking their chops trying to get a big hit on vick when they left JEREMY FREAKIN MACLIN alone in the endzone. That's not on the DC, that was a foolish play by Reed who should know better and by Williams.

[quote name='JEEPercreepermd' timestamp='1347916349' post='1156781']
I'll correct my last post. The TD that put the Eagles back in the game was a HORRIBLY blown coverage by both Reed and Williams who were both obviously licking their chops trying to get a big hit on vick when they left JEREMY FREAKIN MACLIN alone in the endzone. That's not on the DC, that was a foolish play by Reed who should know better and by Williams.
[/quote]

What's funny is that play call actually worked. It flushed Vick out of the pocket where we had guys. I actually don't blame Williams that much for that play(but he had plenty of other bad moments). He was playing zone and was suppose to let the WR through to the next level.

Reed made his 'playmaking' decision and bit on the run and the coverage was blown. But most of the time, Reed's instincts are pretty damn good.

[quote name='3-4ravdef509' timestamp='1347915407' post='1156759']
Yeah. I really think Flacco is going to be a great quarterback, I think he already is a very good one. But he has to stop letting others be excuses for him.
[/quote]

I got negged why?

I feel like if Vick keeps taking hits like yesterday, he won't be able to finish the season.

It's still early in the season, so the toll doesn't look bad, but I can tell that 10 more games like this is going to be hard on his body.

The [b]4 sets of three and outs[/b] are what did us in. We gave the ball right back to Vick, giving our Defense little time to rest.

The Eagles won this game, at a costly price however. Lots of injuries from their team and Vick is piling on the injuries.

[quote name='3-4ravdef509' timestamp='1347889926' post='1156038']
1.) I was at this game, I talked to PHILLY fans around me and we all agreed, their corners were holding and disrupting our receivers so far past 5 yards it wasn't funny. Even.the Jones touchdown, he pushed off because he was being held. Nnamdi was not even turning his body or head around to play the ball which should of been a penalty each time. Joe basically could throw it back shoulder and hope they got free, hope Pitta was open, or try Rice. Problem was also there was pressure in his face. Which brings me to this

2.) We didn't make the proper adjustments on offense or defense. We should have ran more and used play action, screens, and some bunch formations to get our offense moving. And I blame Joe, Cameron, and Harbs. I didn't like our defense playing such a deep zone. We were leaving Celek wide open because the zones would get spread back.because Vick had plenty of time. I thought we should have put Webb on Maclin, Pollard and Williams on Jackson, and then played Vick and their TEs physical.

Joe should have made adjustments on.the sideline with Cam, and Harbs should have stepped in when it didn't happen. But refs also were killing us. Move on though, we lost week 2 last year and still made it one drop away from Superbowl, I'm not worried yet.
[/quote]
Amen brotha!
I can't even tell you how much stamina it took for me not to cuss out those [Hold it together display!] reffs that might well have cost us the game.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1347916601' post='1156787']
What's funny is that play call actually worked. It flushed Vick out of the pocket where we had guys. I actually don't blame Williams that much for that play(but he had plenty of other bad moments). He was playing zone and was suppose to let the WR through to the next level.

Reed made his 'playmaking' decision and bit on the run and the coverage was blown. But most of the time, Reed's instincts are pretty damn good.
[/quote]
I'm the biggest Cary hater here, but even I must admit that was Reed's fault, not Cary's. The D had plenty guys to stop Vick if he chose to run, and there was no way Ed was gonna get there in time. Therefor, why lose Maclin?

[quote name='beasy2487' timestamp='1347907957' post='1156578']
The entire Eagles fanbase. But hey, when arguing with an Eagles fan see: trophy case.
[/quote]
yup, may want to whip out how many more future HOFamers we'll have in a ten year span than the Eagles will.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1347922989' post='1156935']
yup, may want to whip out how many more future HOFamers we'll have in a ten year span than the Eagles will.
[/quote]
That's what Steelers fans do. Can we not be like them?

[quote name='display name' timestamp='1347930382' post='1157063']
That's what Steelers fans do. Can we not be like them?
[/quote]

It only hurts because its true.

the 2 reasons we lost are simple and it wasnt the refs......

reason #1 Cam "Denny's Menu" Cameron.....If its not going to Pitta he cant dial up a decent play

reason #2 Dean "Vanilla Defense" Pees....... Lets spy Mike Vick and leave this Celek guy open every play

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1347916601' post='1156787']

[/quote]

Interestingly enough, according to PFF, they've attributed Cary Williams as the responsible party for the TD. I'm not sure of the exact reliability of this, but from what I've read, they're usually very knowledgeable when it comes to understanding play concepts and such. Just throwing it out there.

[quote name='-Truth-' timestamp='1347937231' post='1157311']

Interestingly enough, according to PFF, they've attributed Cary Williams as the responsible party for the TD. I'm not sure of the exact reliability of this, but from what I've read, they're usually very knowledgeable when it comes to understanding play concepts and such. Just throwing it out there.
[/quote]

Sometimes they are but the Ravens were playing so much zone in that game that deciding who to "blame" on completions is hard sometimes.

1. Harbs didn't want Andy Reid to get fired and handed him the win over
2. The Ravens wanted to humble Flacco for shelving contract talks 2 days before the game

We were spreading the ball around in the first half very nice and it was setting up Rice to break some nice runs, but our o-line played well. In the second half the o-line was having trouble when they dialed up the rush, Joe seemed to be rushed and was not as accurate, and they stepped up in the box stopping Rice.

People are saying we lost because we did not run Rice, and I am not saying that we should not have kept trying to run, but Rices's (and Pierce's) last few runs did not got gain much at all.....just saying.....it was not a guarentee. I actually would have love to see Leach on the field more in the second half.

Honestly, I think one of the keys to this loss was Pollard getting hurt. The guy was playing like a man possessed until his injury. The refs let our receivers get mugged all day by their secondary, maybe we should have pressed their receivers more since the refs were letting them get away with murder. Vick at times looked like the Vick of old.

leach aka the juggernaut aka patty's pancake aka man with no head, plus rice is one scary combo.... i bet the patriots hope we dont use them

[quote name='DeathPunch' timestamp='1347944832' post='1157439']

Defense giving up well over 400 yards of offense is not playing well. I also wouldn't say the Eagles are firing on all cylinders. They have a prolific offense but so far, just like last year the damn turnovers have left a lot of points on the field. If they can fix the turnover issue and with the Eagles defense they are the best team in the NFL.
[/quote]

Best? You got back just about as many turnovers as you made to Cleveland and still barely won. With our game, there were certainly some "oddities" that assisted that win as well.

Best? Dream Team? Dynasty? Y'all are funny!

[quote name='DeathPunch' timestamp='1347944832' post='1157439']

Defense giving up well over 400 yards of offense is not playing well. I also wouldn't say the Eagles are firing on all cylinders. They have a prolific offense but so far, just like last year the damn turnovers have left a lot of points on the field. If they can fix the turnover issue and with the Eagles defense they are the best team in the NFL.
[/quote]

Let them make the playoffs first sunshine