Ravens at Steelers      Game Rewind      Pro Bowl Voting   

Photo

The positive thread. (Irrelevants opinions)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
88 replies to this topic

#41 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

Here is a nice positive:

Our loss was to an NFC team. Both Cincy and the Steelers have AFC losses. Plus Cincy has a division loss already. It'll be alright. :)

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#42 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,208 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

Here is a nice positive:

Our loss was to an NFC team. Both Cincy and the Steelers have AFC losses. Plus Cincy has a division loss already. It'll be alright. :)

If we go 3-1 we'll be fine.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#43 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

Jacoby Jones looks like he will be a solid contributor for us this season, that was a great double move for long TD.

Dennis Pitta has completely taken over as Flacco's security blanket like Heap before him, I still do like the 2-TEs sets and we can make plays with both, but Pitta began to separate himself last year in my eyes and he has started this season strong catching almost anything within his reach....

Ngata is playing like a beast this season, week 1 he was in the backfield a number of times, yesterday he was near Vick a number of times...

The No huddle still looked great while we used it early on, the no huddle also helps Ray Rice pick up huge chunks of yards, did not use no huddle enough, it steadily got slower and slower No huddle - semi huddle - complete huddle- previous season's huddle getting out with seconds left on play clock... Need to develop a tempo and stay consistent when it is working, mix up the run and pass too.

K Justin Tucker wow!! I am so impressed to see a Rookie Kicker nail 56, 51, 48 yard fgs on an away field that was impressive for a second NFL game, that 56 yarder could have been good from about 59 or 60...

Deonte Thompson had one really good Kick Return, I'm hoping he announces himself soon with Kickoff TD Return, because ever since Jermaine Lewis I've always felt that special teams TDs just energize a team, and it has annoyed me to not have consistent threat back their like I felt when we had J.Lewis, BJ Sams, even Y.Figurs looked good for awhile..

Tandon Doss had a nice catch, also....

Edited by jdynamite, 17 September 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#44 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

Agreed with pretty much everything. Especially benching Cary. Played like crap, and he always is one of the first ones in the middle of some sort of scuffle. I thought he was gonna cost us 15 yards at least 3 times today, but got away with it.

Our "no huddle" looked nothing like what is was last week. Obviously, playing against a better defense changed it, but it was like Joe and the rest of the offense had no hustle to get to the line. The eagles were still able to make subs, and bring in rested guys that would make plays.

Wasn't it Oher who allowed Babin to come in and get the strip-sack after Pollard picked off Vick? After that, i didn't pay much attention to him. But as far as i know (unless i missed something, i did step out for like 15-20 minutes), he didn't have any holds or false starts today, so thats good.

This offensive line is very good when run blocking it seems, but couldn't keep the pressure off Flacco for long pass blocking. I wish we would've done what we used to do and just run the ball, and it would've tired them out. They couldn't stop Rice today.

Really happy with the way Jacoby Jones played today. Should've been 100+ yards, 2 TD game, but the 2nd td got called back on that "pass interference". Didn't see much of Torrey besides that one 40+ yard catch, and i believe Boldin only had 1 catch. Pitta was good as usually, and Dickson had a key catch or two.

Overall, did this game turn out like i expected it? No. After what we did to Cincy, and what Cleveland almost did to the Eagles last week, i thought it was gonna be a blowout. It goes to show you, this is the NFL, and anything can happen. We couldn't make the plays when it mattered most, and we took the loss. On to New England...

Oher was beaten by Trent Cole which is forgivable because T.Cole is so relentless in pursuit run and pass rush that he beats plenty of O-linemen....

First few drives the offense went like this-- No huddle to line quick Eagles were gasping, but the snap still didn't come quick, that no huddle became a semi huddle or muddle-huddle (Dan Dierdoff referred to it as ) Eagles defense was still confused as to if they should sub or not. Then the Eagles realized, hey they aren't in a true no huddle hurry up we can substitute, and the offense seemed to go completely in the huddle....
No huddle had success for the time it was used to me

#45 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:37 AM

idk why people are saying flacco had a bad game. do you people want him to just keep forcing balls into coverage. he had nowhere to throw because the D was aggressive and played press (exactly what we should be doing) and our wr's couldn't seperate. he tried to get the safe underneath throws and those were covered too. what did you want him to do?

I was saying this during the game too. The coverage was extremely aggressive and he was having to force balls in to very little openings. I know it is easy to say just run the ball then. But I saw a couple rushes on 1st and 2nd downs that still left us with 3rd and long situations.
I still think Jacoby's TD was just that...but that is neither here nor there now.

#46 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

I was saying this during the game too. The coverage was extremely aggressive and he was having to force balls in to very little openings. I know it is easy to say just run the ball then. But I saw a couple rushes on 1st and 2nd downs that still left us with 3rd and long situations.
I still think Jacoby's TD was just that...but that is neither here nor there now.

Flacco looks like he and Jacoby have chemistry. That could be good going forward
Banned

#47 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

The traditional week two letdown...Vick did try to hand the game to them but there just was no execution on both sides of the ball. Were the Ravens looking past the Eagles and were the Patriots looking past the Cardinals for week three? Who knows. We have seen this before...No panick here.

#48 ravens88

ravens88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

man all this negetivity cant wait to see the power rankings the message boards will be in chaos then... :sinking:

#49 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

man all this negetivity cant wait to see the power rankings the message boards will be in chaos then... :sinking:

boycot espn then
Banned

#50 FreckleNate

FreckleNate

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

Atleast we didn't lose to the Cardinals or the Seahawks! Haha We absolutely nedd a win next week though!!

DALLAS COWBOYGM

#51 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

Pitta is playing like a boss. Tucker >>>>>>> Cundiff.

Upshaw and McClellan did well. McClellan was in on several running plays. Run defense did much, much better this week. McCoy had to make every yard on his own. Our O line did well in run blocking, especially the first half.

#52 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

Am I going to have to explain how a cover two zone coverage works, again? That TD was not on Cary in the slightest!

Ed

#53 XxSizzleXx

XxSizzleXx

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Mclellan looked good yesterday. Ngata is being the force we know he can. Probably could have had another couple sacks if our coverage was better.

Edited by XxSizzleXx, 17 September 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#54 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Cundiff missed a game ruling field goal lol. I was for Tucker since we signed him.

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant, 17 September 2012 - 03:07 PM.

Banned

#55 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

Thompson looks like he may break one for a TD very soon.

#56 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

I didn't see McClellan can't wait for Kruger to get backt tho
Banned

#57 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

Thompson looks like he may break one for a TD very soon.

Let's all hope so
Banned

#58 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,547 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

Cundiff missed a game ruling field goal lol. I was for Tucker since we signed him.

In his defense it was a 62 yarder

#59 big hits and ball hawks

big hits and ball hawks

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

The team has been exposed, sort of, and now they can see what to fix. Hopefully, they realize how much better the offense was in the first six quarters of play this year running the no huddle than how abysmal the last two quarters were running the "abandon everything that made us successful" offense. I believe the D will bounce back, after having to watch the tape over in over this week. I think Pees will tighten the D up. Special teams was great. Is anyone doubting picking Tucker over Cundiff now? The main positive, for me, is that we get to learn from this and it should be humbling.

#60 JEEPercreepermd

JEEPercreepermd

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

idk why people are saying flacco had a bad game. do you people want him to just keep forcing balls into coverage. he had nowhere to throw because the D was aggressive and played press (exactly what we should be doing) and our wr's couldn't seperate. he tried to get the safe underneath throws and those were covered too. what did you want him to do?

Didn't help that Asomuga and Cromartie were freaking BEAR HUGGING our receivers all afternoon. 2 of those that weren't called were big plays possibly touchdowns that were taken away from the offense..

If Flacco connects on ONE of those, his yds go up into the 300 range by the end of the game with at least 2 TD's and 1 int..the Media would have been salivating all over the Ravens offense yet again this week.

It was just so maddening to watch, because Torrey and Jacoby were beating Nnamdi and Cromartie like a drum but not getting the calls. The positive part of this? Those are 2 pro bowl CB's that they were beating.

Another positive. If that game was properly officated, it's a Ravens blowout win.
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine