Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SecretAgentMan

The positive thread. (Irrelevants opinions)

89 posts in this topic

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1347853086' post='1155679']
Ok, a loss is a loss, but it was a close game at least. All fans will makes excueses, but here are my opinions about the game.

Pros~ Flacco didn't do that bad.- He was playing the leauges best pass D. And he had two elite pass rushers on him all day. People are talking about how bad [b]he [/b]played. He played fine. Other than his INT he did ok, not his best or worst game.

Rice is a beast.- They couldn't stop him, we needed to run him more.

(For the most part) Our D did fine.- I mean what do you expect when you are playing a team when three elite weapons (Jackson, Shady, Maclin)

Our Reciving core looked good.- They shut down Anquan, but thats expected, Jacoby Jones looks to have a carrer year this year, and I think Torrey asends into the elite catagory. Pitta earned the starting job and will probably make a pro bowl push if he continues to do this.

Courtney Upshaw- Was all over the field providing pass rush, no sack, but he looked promising.

Tucker~ Damn he's got a leg, we got our kicker for the next ten years if he keeps it up.

Cons~
The O-Line
Damn, the game is won on the lines and we played horrible. Yanda, and Oher did fine.
We need to put Osemele at guard and Big Mac at RT. Flacco can't kill you without protection.

Cary Williams~ Bench him. He looked horrid, I mean the Maclin TD is inexcusable. He seems to have no idea on what he's doing start the Jimmy chant, put in our second (potential) elite CB.

Cam Cameron~ Ok, create the playbook, and call plays when were way up, Flacco needs to call his own plays, he showed when he does that he is elite.

Pees. Ok, I understand, no Suggs, but you need to be tougher, and more agressive, like you used to be. Sure, one of the most talented offenses in the leauge but don't be too conservative.

Changes needed.
Move Osemele to guard, he is a better fit there. Try Mckinnie at RT. Harewood is not bad, but wait one year and have a competition betweem Reid and Harewood for RT

Start Upshaw.
Great prospect, he looks to be a great player. Start him with Kruger.

Faster no huddle.
Our no huddle looked to slow and easy to stop. Joe needs to run the O at a faster pace.

Run more balanced offense.
Joe should also know when to run. We have one of the leauges best backs, use him damint

Get Jacoby more involved
He is looking like the guy Houston drafted. Now we have him to make one hell of a reciving core.

Less 2 TE sets, more 3WR sets
Have fun covering these three, Two who demand double coverage and one who can just kill you with his hands. Pitta earned the starting job, and if you add him to the mix our Offense could be awesome.

I hate how people are already putting us down, ok I am boycotting ESPN. I don't care what they say. Who should??? It's one game, and only week 2. We made it a close game, and thats the great part. We are the AFC's best team, no questions needed. But, we do need improvement. My point, we fell apart late in the game bc of Cam and the O-Line, the Eagles didn't win we lost.
We are still a good team, I can't wait to see the talking head who wants to trade Flacco for the #1 pick bc Flacco is a much better QB than Logan Thomas.

If we make the improvements it will be hard to stop us.
[/quote]

Firstly, you forgot about Webb and Pollard. I mean dang. They were hitting and sticking.

Also, I dont know, the D looked pretty weak overall, besides those few players mentioned.

Flacco made some boneheaded throws, but he didnt have any pass defense so...he was in a tough spot most of the night.
The thing that was really getting me was all his talk about running the offense and then capitulating to Cam... again. He should show a little huzpah and do it his way.

And you were far too light on Cary Williams. He stunk so bad I could smell him in my living room. He needs some CB 101 classes or something.

Other than that, you were dead on. It is just one game. A miserable depressing want to slit my wrists game, but still just one game. The real shame is, no matter how well we do this season, that one is going to hang around as a stinker like the Jag game last year.

I was pleased with our run defense. After last week I thought McCoy was going to run all over us. I suspect Upshaw will officially be the started next week regardless of injury.

We need Kruger back though. Nobody is mentioning the impact his loss was in this game. He is not Suggs when it comes to rushing the passer but he is still head and shoulders better than everyone else we have. If Kruger played I think we win that game fairly easily.

Positives: Run defense was succesful but the eagles dont run much. Joe looked solid in the first half for barely any time with the ball. Ray Rice looked good as usual. Jacoby played great and our special teams were solid. Tucker is a excellent kicker we definately made the right decision. I think as the season goes on the play calling hopefully will improve with the new speed we have at WR and making the right plays in choosing the runs and when to throw (hopefully).. I like how we seem to be able to dictate what the defense has to do and not the other way around like in the past we can really put a defense on its heals at times.

Next week NE.

I counted 5 third and 2's, one pass in the flat to Ray, lose 5. Next,15 yard pass intercepted, receiver was triple covered. Then three incompletions. Four punts and loss of downs at the end of the game. Don't we have a running play that will gain 2 yards? Blame the terrible calls by refs, yes. But the offensive calls on short third downs were ridiculous.

My positive: We have the exact same record as we did at this point last year. We just lost against a very good team, while last year we managed to lose our second game against the awful Titans. We're better off than we were last year, and arguably have a much better team (while many of our rivals appear to have worse teams).

Not really sure why people think the sky is falling - seems a little premature to me.

Also...

[quote name='FarawayFan' timestamp='1347885785' post='1155973']
I counted 5 third and 2's, one pass in the flat to Ray, lose 5. Next,15 yard pass intercepted, receiver was triple covered. Then three incompletions. Four punts and loss of downs at the end of the game. Don't we have a running play that will gain 2 yards? Blame the terrible calls by refs, yes. But the offensive calls on short third downs were ridiculous.
[/quote]

This is the Positive Thread. Get out of here with your negativity! :)

My positive: As bad as this was, at least it wasn't the embarrassment New England put on. Some people were picking the Eagles to beat us, but who was guessing the Cardinals would hold Brady to 1 TD in Foxboro? By the end of the season, their loss may hurt more than ours.

Incredibly, after tonight, only 6 teams out of 32 will be undefeated. We will play all remaining undefeated AFC teams later this season, so we'll have our chances to get tie breakers over each of them.

Run defense was great, so that was a nice change from last week. Hopefully, we'll get both the run and pass defense working in the same game.

[quote name='ravens88' timestamp='1347885208' post='1155966']
Positives: [b]Run defense was succesful but the eagles dont run much.[/b]
[/quote]

McCoy rushed 25 times. you don't think thats a lot. in contrast, ray only got 16.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1347857988' post='1155772']
I live in Sf and only saw it on the red zone channel once, then I went for a run. So I explained what I saw
[/quote]

It was a cover two zone shell. Cary covered the flat zone and bumped Maclin the way he was supposed to, then he released him to the safety, who wasn't in the deep zone where he was supposed to be.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1347888968' post='1156023']

It was a cover two zone shell. Cary covered the flat zone and bumped Maclin the way he was supposed to, then he released him to the safety, who wasn't in the deep zone where he was supposed to be.
[/quote]
Thanks, sorry for the misunderstanding. Comcast sucks out here, the HOA won't let me have Direct Tv

Here is a nice positive:

Our loss was to an NFC team. Both Cincy and the Steelers have AFC losses. Plus Cincy has a division loss already. It'll be alright. :)

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1347890501' post='1156054']
Here is a nice positive:

Our loss was to an NFC team. Both Cincy and the Steelers have AFC losses. Plus Cincy has a division loss already. It'll be alright. :)
[/quote]
If we go 3-1 we'll be fine.

Jacoby Jones looks like he will be a solid contributor for us this season, that was a great double move for long TD.

Dennis Pitta has completely taken over as Flacco's security blanket like Heap before him, I still do like the 2-TEs sets and we can make plays with both, but Pitta began to separate himself last year in my eyes and he has started this season strong catching almost anything within his reach....

Ngata is playing like a beast this season, week 1 he was in the backfield a number of times, yesterday he was near Vick a number of times...

The No huddle still looked great while we used it early on, the no huddle also helps Ray Rice pick up huge chunks of yards, did not use no huddle enough, it steadily got slower and slower No huddle - semi huddle - complete huddle- previous season's huddle getting out with seconds left on play clock... Need to develop a tempo and stay consistent when it is working, mix up the run and pass too.

K Justin Tucker wow!! I am so impressed to see a Rookie Kicker nail 56, 51, 48 yard fgs on an away field that was impressive for a second NFL game, that 56 yarder could have been good from about 59 or 60...

Deonte Thompson had one really good Kick Return, I'm hoping he announces himself soon with Kickoff TD Return, because ever since Jermaine Lewis I've always felt that special teams TDs just energize a team, and it has annoyed me to not have consistent threat back their like I felt when we had J.Lewis, BJ Sams, even Y.Figurs looked good for awhile..

Tandon Doss had a nice catch, also....

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1347856433' post='1155742']
Agreed with pretty much everything. Especially benching Cary. Played like crap, and he always is one of the first ones in the middle of some sort of scuffle. I thought he was gonna cost us 15 yards at least 3 times today, but got away with it.

Our "no huddle" looked nothing like what is was last week. Obviously, playing against a better defense changed it, but it was like Joe and the rest of the offense had no hustle to get to the line. The eagles were still able to make subs, and bring in rested guys that would make plays.

Wasn't it Oher who allowed Babin to come in and get the strip-sack after Pollard picked off Vick? After that, i didn't pay much attention to him. But as far as i know (unless i missed something, i did step out for like 15-20 minutes), he didn't have any holds or false starts today, so thats good.

This offensive line is very good when run blocking it seems, but couldn't keep the pressure off Flacco for long pass blocking. I wish we would've done what we used to do and just run the ball, and it would've tired them out. They couldn't stop Rice today.

Really happy with the way Jacoby Jones played today. Should've been 100+ yards, 2 TD game, but the 2nd td got called back on that "pass interference". Didn't see much of Torrey besides that one 40+ yard catch, and i believe Boldin only had 1 catch. Pitta was good as usually, and Dickson had a key catch or two.

Overall, did this game turn out like i expected it? No. After what we did to Cincy, and what Cleveland almost did to the Eagles last week, i thought it was gonna be a blowout. It goes to show you, this is the NFL, and anything can happen. We couldn't make the plays when it mattered most, and we took the loss. On to New England...
[/quote]

Oher was beaten by Trent Cole which is forgivable because T.Cole is so relentless in pursuit run and pass rush that he beats plenty of O-linemen....

First few drives the offense went like this-- No huddle to line quick Eagles were gasping, but the snap still didn't come quick, that no huddle became a semi huddle or muddle-huddle (Dan Dierdoff referred to it as ) Eagles defense was still confused as to if they should sub or not. Then the Eagles realized, hey they aren't in a true no huddle hurry up we can substitute, and the offense seemed to go completely in the huddle....
No huddle had success for the time it was used to me

[quote name='RavensWin09' timestamp='1347855171' post='1155726']
idk why people are saying flacco had a bad game. do you people want him to just keep forcing balls into coverage. he had nowhere to throw because the D was aggressive and played press (exactly what we should be doing) and our wr's couldn't seperate. he tried to get the safe underneath throws and those were covered too. what did you want him to do?
[/quote]
I was saying this during the game too. The coverage was extremely aggressive and he was having to force balls in to very little openings. I know it is easy to say just run the ball then. But I saw a couple rushes on 1st and 2nd downs that still left us with 3rd and long situations.
I still think Jacoby's TD was just that...but that is neither here nor there now.

[quote name='EricH' timestamp='1347892632' post='1156117']

I was saying this during the game too. The coverage was extremely aggressive and he was having to force balls in to very little openings. I know it is easy to say just run the ball then. But I saw a couple rushes on 1st and 2nd downs that still left us with 3rd and long situations.
I still think Jacoby's TD was just that...but that is neither here nor there now.
[/quote]
Flacco looks like he and Jacoby have chemistry. That could be good going forward

The traditional week two letdown...Vick did try to hand the game to them but there just was no execution on both sides of the ball. Were the Ravens looking past the Eagles and were the Patriots looking past the Cardinals for week three? Who knows. We have seen this before...No panick here.

[quote name='ravens88' timestamp='1347906354' post='1156553']
man all this negetivity cant wait to see the power rankings the message boards will be in chaos then... :sinking:
[/quote]
boycot espn then

Pitta is playing like a boss. Tucker >>>>>>> Cundiff.

Upshaw and McClellan did well. McClellan was in on several running plays. Run defense did much, much better this week. McCoy had to make every yard on his own. Our O line did well in run blocking, especially the first half.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1347857389' post='1155761']
Am I going to have to explain how a cover two zone coverage works, again? That TD was not on Cary in the slightest!
[/quote]

Ed

Mclellan looked good yesterday. Ngata is being the force we know he can. Probably could have had another couple sacks if our coverage was better.

[quote name='awholelottahaloti' timestamp='1347912450' post='1156680']
Thompson looks like he may break one for a TD very soon.
[/quote]
Let's all hope so

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1347912397' post='1156675']
Cundiff missed a game ruling field goal lol. I was for Tucker since we signed him.
[/quote]

In his defense it was a 62 yarder

The team has been exposed, sort of, and now they can see what to fix. Hopefully, they realize how much better the offense was in the first six quarters of play this year running the no huddle than how abysmal the last two quarters were running the "abandon everything that made us successful" offense. I believe the D will bounce back, after having to watch the tape over in over this week. I think Pees will tighten the D up. Special teams was great. Is anyone doubting picking Tucker over Cundiff now? The main positive, for me, is that we get to learn from this and it should be humbling.

[quote name='RavensWin09' timestamp='1347855171' post='1155726']

idk why people are saying flacco had a bad game. do you people want him to just keep forcing balls into coverage. he had nowhere to throw because the D was aggressive and played press (exactly what we should be doing) and our wr's couldn't seperate. he tried to get the safe underneath throws and those were covered too. what did you want him to do?

[/quote]

Didn't help that Asomuga and Cromartie were freaking BEAR HUGGING our receivers all afternoon. 2 of those that weren't called were big plays possibly touchdowns that were taken away from the offense..

If Flacco connects on ONE of those, his yds go up into the 300 range by the end of the game with at least 2 TD's and 1 int..the Media would have been salivating all over the Ravens offense yet again this week.

It was just so maddening to watch, because Torrey and Jacoby were beating Nnamdi and Cromartie like a drum but not getting the calls. The positive part of this? Those are 2 pro bowl CB's that they were beating.

Another positive. If that game was properly officated, it's a Ravens blowout win.