Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SecretAgentMan

The positive thread. (Irrelevants opinions)

89 posts in this topic

Ok, a loss is a loss, but it was a close game at least. All fans will makes excueses, but here are my opinions about the game.

Pros~ Flacco didn't do that bad.- He was playing the leauges best pass D. And he had two elite pass rushers on him all day. People are talking about how bad [b]he [/b]played. He played fine. Other than his INT he did ok, not his best or worst game.

Rice is a beast.- They couldn't stop him, we needed to run him more.

(For the most part) Our D did fine.- I mean what do you expect when you are playing a team when three elite weapons (Jackson, Shady, Maclin)

Our Reciving core looked good.- They shut down Anquan, but thats expected, Jacoby Jones looks to have a carrer year this year, and I think Torrey asends into the elite catagory. Pitta earned the starting job and will probably make a pro bowl push if he continues to do this.

Courtney Upshaw- Was all over the field providing pass rush, no sack, but he looked promising.

Tucker~ Damn he's got a leg, we got our kicker for the next ten years if he keeps it up.

Cons~
The O-Line
Damn, the game is won on the lines and we played horrible. Yanda, and Oher did fine.
We need to put Osemele at guard and Big Mac at RT. Flacco can't kill you without protection.

Cary Williams~ Bench him. He looked horrid, I mean the Maclin TD is inexcusable. He seems to have no idea on what he's doing start the Jimmy chant, put in our second (potential) elite CB.

Cam Cameron~ Ok, create the playbook, and call plays when were way up, Flacco needs to call his own plays, he showed when he does that he is elite.

Pees. Ok, I understand, no Suggs, but you need to be tougher, and more agressive, like you used to be. Sure, one of the most talented offenses in the leauge but don't be too conservative.

Changes needed.
Move Osemele to guard, he is a better fit there. Try Mckinnie at RT. Harewood is not bad, but wait one year and have a competition betweem Reid and Harewood for RT

Start Upshaw.
Great prospect, he looks to be a great player. Start him with Kruger.

Faster no huddle.
Our no huddle looked to slow and easy to stop. Joe needs to run the O at a faster pace.

Run more balanced offense.
Joe should also know when to run. We have one of the leauges best backs, use him damint

Get Jacoby more involved
He is looking like the guy Houston drafted. Now we have him to make one hell of a reciving core.

Less 2 TE sets, more 3WR sets
Have fun covering these three, Two who demand double coverage and one who can just kill you with his hands. Pitta earned the starting job, and if you add him to the mix our Offense could be awesome.

I hate how people are already putting us down, ok I am boycotting ESPN. I don't care what they say. Who should??? It's one game, and only week 2. We made it a close game, and thats the great part. We are the AFC's best team, no questions needed. But, we do need improvement. My point, we fell apart late in the game bc of Cam and the O-Line, the Eagles didn't win we lost.
We are still a good team, I can't wait to see the talking head who wants to trade Flacco for the #1 pick bc Flacco is a much better QB than Logan Thomas.

If we make the improvements it will be hard to stop us.

I agree with this no doubt. People are acting like it's the end of the world. We just need to fix a few things, and we're a Super Bowl contender.

IDK how many times I'm going to post this, but Flacco was also injured early in the second half. I think that's why his play fell off so dramatically. He stayed in the game, so I'm hoping that it's not very serious and he'll be fine next week.

[quote name='frezeal33' timestamp='1347853208' post='1155682']
I agree with this no doubt. People are acting like it's the end of the world. We just need to fix a few things, and we're a Super Bowl contender.
[/quote]
I know, we just need to reopen the fire cam petition.
I hate the kids (even though I am closer to their age then you would think) who say it's the end of the world. Nothing worse than a bandwagoner. Ravens fan for life. I mean, even though I am closer to their age I am ok right?

[quote name='Ravenslifer' timestamp='1347853331' post='1155687']
IDK how many times I'm going to post this, but Flacco was also injured early in the second half. I think that's why his play fell off so dramatically. He stayed in the game, so I'm hoping that it's not very serious and he'll be fine next week.
[/quote]
Another detail left off. If he returns the Pats are screwed.

I thought the Art badges on the uniforms were a classy move by the organization.

Bravo on the positives thread. I was considering doing one myself :)

[quote name='BMORElegacy' timestamp='1347853604' post='1155693']
I thought the Art badges on the uniforms were a classy move by the organization.

Bravo on the positives thread. I was considering doing one myself :)
[/quote]
RIP art. I was too young to see you guys win the first SB, but you were a good owner. And screw clevland for bashing you, now I know why he left Clevland

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1347853542' post='1155691']
I know, we just need to reopen the fire cam petition.
I hate the kids (even though I am closer to their age then you would think) who say it's the end of the world. Nothing worse than a bandwagoner. Ravens fan for life. I mean, even though I am closer to their age I am ok right?
[/quote]
I agree. I mean, Cam is good.. but not good enough for a team like us.

I am a kid as well, and you are correct. I hate bandwagoners. I am a Ravens fan, and have been for years, and I'm not going to stop. I mean ,we lost one game, we have an amazing RB & QB, we have nothing to worry about! We'll be fine, and if you don't know that, then you don't understand football.

My positive is that Steve Biscotti may have finally had enough of Cam Cameron.......the owner could not have been happy with the ridiculous play calling by Cam Clown. Fire him after this season please.

thank you for the thread, much needed

I may be the odd one out with how I like the plays Pees called. You can tell he was trying to keep Vick in the pocket and force him to make good throws. Vick did that. Yes we should have clamped in our zones in the middle of the field as I think it was Celek who really beat us but gameplan wise I liked it.

The whole OL looks very athletic and smooth when we run - hopefully we do it some more when we are in the no huddle, as sometimes our no huddle feels like the run is not incorporated, this needs to be fixed.

Thats it for now. Upshaw was good and seemed to be pushing the pocket contsantly

[quote name='Dubs' timestamp='1347853884' post='1155703']
thank you for the thread, much needed

I may be the odd one out with how I like the plays Pees called. You can tell he was trying to keep Vick in the pocket and force him to make good throws. Vick did that. Yes we should have clamped in our zones in the middle of the field as I think it was Celek who really beat us but gameplan wise I liked it.

[/quote]
No problem, and Pees had good intentions it's more that Vick and that offense have so many ways to kill a team. Pees should have anticipated thought. Celek is the one who won today. Cary was the only bad spot.

I agree with much of what you said. It is clear that Cam should not be calling plays at all. Tucker proved he had the leg and could stand the pressure, Rice was having a great day, we only needed a FG so why did we not run Rice at all on that final drive? it astounds me.
I disagree that Joe doesn't use Rice. In our initial TD drive, he used Rice well and often. I think we are back to Cam pulling on the leash this week and that falls on Harbaugh.
I stated in the game thread and I stand behind it that Harbaugh needs to make a 3 man rush a firing offense, especially if it is 3rd and long. And get us out of the freaking zone coverage when we are not blitzing! We absolutely suck at it. Man to man is our forte.
My biggest conerns right now though are the injury to Pollard (how serious is it?) and whether or not Joe is injured (and how seriously if he is). I know there are those who disagree with me but IMO we will not win with Tyrod.
This was actually a game I picked that we might lose so I'm not seeing pieces of the sky falling down but I am very concerned that Harbaugh allowed Cam to abandon what worked so effectively in Week 1.

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1347854277' post='1155714']
I agree with much of what you said. It is clear that Cam should not be calling plays at all. Tucker proved he had the leg and could stand the pressure, Rice was having a great day, we only needed a FG so why did we not run Rice at all on that final drive? it astounds me.
I disagree that Joe doesn't use Rice. In our initial TD drive, he used Rice well and often. I think we are back to Cam pulling on the leash this week and that falls on Harbaugh.
I stated in the game thread and I stand behind it that Harbaugh needs to make a 3 man rush a firing offense, especially if it is 3rd and long. And get us out of the freaking zone coverage when we are not blitzing! We absolutely suck at it. Man to man is our forte.
My biggest conerns right now though are the injury to Pollard (how serious is it?) and whether or not Joe is injured (and how seriously if he is). I know there are those who disagree with me but IMO we will not win with Tyrod.
This was actually a game I picked that we might lose so I'm not seeing pieces of the sky falling down but I am very concerned that Harbaugh allowed Cam to abandon what worked so effectively in Week 1.
[/quote]
Flacco will be back, Pollard should be fine, just a chest bruise. He has plenty of time 13-2 still makes the playoffs

Well, I'm glad we've gotten a great new kicker. A new receiver showed his face today, which is good news.

the question is WILL WE make the improvements. unless i hear him say it himself, pees doesn't look like he's going to change anytime soon. it is too conservative going back to week 1.

idk why people are saying flacco had a bad game. do you people want him to just keep forcing balls into coverage. he had nowhere to throw because the D was aggressive and played press (exactly what we should be doing) and our wr's couldn't seperate. he tried to get the safe underneath throws and those were covered too. what did you want him to do?

i disagree with your take on the oline. they played really well again this week. they struggled in the 2nd half but the lack of no huddle hurt them the most. i don't want mckinnie back like some are saying. i might take away the oline as a need for 2013 if they keep playing well. yanda is a beast, KO is exceeding expectations, oher held up well after the 1st mistake, ramon had a good game. i mean, please don't mess with this starting 5 for the rest of the year. i guess you didn't keep in mind the quality of the guys they were up against.

on D, yes cary is getting abused going back to preseason. I think it should be Webb 1, Smith 2, Graham 3. if we don't play tighter coverage next week, i will lose all faith in our defensive scheme. apparently, mattison and pees don't know what the strengths of our D are. We like man to man tight coverage and blitzing. i'd rather have castillo at this point. at least he's aggressive. Ravens + 4 man rush + zone = FAIL.

[quote name='RavensWin09' timestamp='1347855171' post='1155726']
the question is WILL WE make the improvements. unless i hear him say it himself, pees doesn't look like he's going to change anytime soon. it is too conservative going back to week 1.

idk why people are saying flacco had a bad game. do you people want him to just keep forcing balls into coverage. he had nowhere to throw because the D was aggressive and played press (exactly what we should be doing) and our wr's couldn't seperate. he tried to get the safe underneath throws and those were covered too. what did you want him to do?

i disagree with your take on the oline. they played really well again this week. they struggled in the 2nd half but the lack of no huddle hurt them the most.

[/quote]
Yes the D was not aggressive. But pees will make them, unless he wants to stand in the unemployment line. The oline played Cole and Babin, what was one to expect. We need to go back to the no huddle

Agreed with pretty much everything. Especially benching Cary. Played like crap, and he always is one of the first ones in the middle of some sort of scuffle. I thought he was gonna cost us 15 yards at least 3 times today, but got away with it.

Our "no huddle" looked nothing like what is was last week. Obviously, playing against a better defense changed it, but it was like Joe and the rest of the offense had no hustle to get to the line. The eagles were still able to make subs, and bring in rested guys that would make plays.

Wasn't it Oher who allowed Babin to come in and get the strip-sack after Pollard picked off Vick? After that, i didn't pay much attention to him. But as far as i know (unless i missed something, i did step out for like 15-20 minutes), he didn't have any holds or false starts today, so thats good.

This offensive line is very good when run blocking it seems, but couldn't keep the pressure off Flacco for long pass blocking. I wish we would've done what we used to do and just run the ball, and it would've tired them out. They couldn't stop Rice today.

Really happy with the way Jacoby Jones played today. Should've been 100+ yards, 2 TD game, but the 2nd td got called back on that "pass interference". Didn't see much of Torrey besides that one 40+ yard catch, and i believe Boldin only had 1 catch. Pitta was good as usually, and Dickson had a key catch or two.

Overall, did this game turn out like i expected it? No. After what we did to Cincy, and what Cleveland almost did to the Eagles last week, i thought it was gonna be a blowout. It goes to show you, this is the NFL, and anything can happen. We couldn't make the plays when it mattered most, and we took the loss. On to New England...

So how do we fare against NE after Espn bashes us, and after Heath Evans declares full out war on us? And get fly over here, I want to see if he agrees.

Am I going to have to explain how a cover two zone coverage works, again? That TD was not on Cary in the slightest!

Joe did look bad in the second half. There is no denying that, but in the first he looked in control. The no-huddle was working. We had a healthy mix of Ray and Leach running in the playcalling and I was left scratching my head when suddenly without good reason we stopped doing that. What? Too easy?
It's easy to blame it on Cam. I won't. He is responcible for our victories and defeats offensively, just as much as Flacco, you can't pick and choose who to praise and to blame from game to game.
A lot went into that defeat. Almost everyone had a hand in it, but I agree, that there is no need to panic.We had a shot, we blew it, it's one game, let's get over it. In the whole history of the NFL only one team went undefeated. 2007 Patriots lost in the Superbowl, 1985 Bears lost to the Dolphins and now the 2012 Ravens lost against the Eagles. ;)

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1347857389' post='1155761']
Am I going to have to explain how a cover two zone coverage works, again? That TD was not on Cary in the slightest!
[/quote]
I live in Sf and only saw it on the red zone channel once, then I went for a run. So I explained what I saw

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1347857988' post='1155772']

I live in Sf and only saw it on the red zone channel once, then I went for a run. So I explained what I saw
[/quote]

Yea I think that was on Reed. He was drawn in by Vick I think on the play. I don't know him he let that happen.

It was a good(intense)game and I really don`t know what happened with the Ravens play calling in the 2nd half.
Did Cameron forget about Rice because he gashed the Eagles right up the middle a few times in the 1st half.
Along with Leach he completely forgot about the back field.

I envisioned a tight game and thats what it was.
Its week 2(no need to panic)and as I said before(championships)are`nt won or lost in week 2.:)
Onward to the 2-0 Cards(What the heck?)
Who saw that coming

[quote name='frezeal33' timestamp='1347853208' post='1155682']
[/quote]

Agreed. The sky is not falling. There are improvements to make but there always are. Cary Williams and Jimmy Smith did not look good. Offensive line needs some work. Flacco did not look good in the second half. Ray Rice didn't get the ball enough. All of these things can be adjusted as we learn more about what this team is capable of.

[quote name='pick-ups' timestamp='1347858691' post='1155785']
It was a good(intense)game and I really don`t know what happened with the Ravens play calling in the 2nd half.
Did Cameron forget about Rice because he gashed the Eagles right up the middle a few times in the 1st half.

Its week 2(no need to panic)and as I said before(championships)are`nt won or lost in week 2.:)
Who saw that coming
[/quote]

But the team that has won in your home opener the past 3 years won the SB. If you all beat the Falcons in the playoffs I'm not watching football til next year.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1347853086' post='1155679']
[b]Cary Williams~ Bench him. He looked horrid, I mean the Maclin TD is inexcusable. He seems to have no idea on what he's doing start the Jimmy chant, put in our second (potential) elite CB.[/b]

[/quote]

Cary thought he had help over the top but Reed tried to make a play and intercept Vick's pass. Watch the replay, you can see Reed bait Vick and try to go for the pick, but it didn't work.

I agree with you on almost everything else though.

[quote name='CorvusCorax' timestamp='1347860763' post='1155815']

Cary thought he had help over the top but Reed tried to make a play and intercept Vick's pass. Watch the replay, you can see Reed bait Vick and try to go for the pick, but it didn't work.

I agree with you on almost everything else though.
[/quote]
Ok, I'll give u that. Car still was horrid today (I live in sf it's 11 here)

[quote name='pick-ups' timestamp='1347858691' post='1155785']

Its week 2(no need to panic)and as I said before(championships)are`nt won or lost in week 2. :)
Who saw that coming
[/quote]

Classy post. I almost regret calling you a troll. Well...almost. ;)
It was a close game, where two great defenses made up for relatively poor quarterbacking. Some of those turn overs were brutal. I hope for you guys, your offense gets better. I can't imagine it's fun, if every game comes down to the wire, especially when it's clearly avoidable. I guess the same applies to the Ravens. :( Philly has a great team. Good luck.

I agree Rice Looked excellent the entire first half and you are right. in the second half the run was just not getting it done . The eagles made some good halftime adjustments. And even though Stevie Wonder saw the run was not going to cut it Cam still went with it which made 3rd down an obvious throwing down and they ate us alive.

Also we did get a lot of pressure today and that was a HUGE deal for me to see. I am still not quite sure what cam was thinking in the last 2 series. I am still stunned by the predictability. Is cam on the Eagles payroll ? LOL

Here's something positive, I'm watching Kickboxer. This and Bloodsport are probably some of my favorites from when I was young. Quick question though. If Van Damme brothers with the guy why does one sound like he's from Chicago and Van Dame sound like... well you know. And why are all his fighting movies tho same?

[quote name='UMDan' timestamp='1347858852' post='1155788']
Agreed. The sky is not falling. There are improvements to make but there always are. Cary Williams and Jimmy Smith did not look good. Offensive line needs some work. Flacco did not look good in the second half. Ray Rice didn't get the ball enough. All of these things can be adjusted as we learn more about what this team is capable of.
[/quote]
Exactly. We just need to practice a little more, teach Williams & Smith to get tight, practice the run & pass game, and develop the O-Line more, and if we do all of that, we'll be on our way to a 15-1 season.