55 replies to this topic

#41 Florida Ravens Fan

Florida Ravens Fan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

Cause Tyrod is a much better option right?

No, you know we should of kept Troy Heisman Smith.....
Posted Image

#42 tctony

tctony

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

Nobody is saying that. We want to see Flacco up and engaged in the game. Not putting his face in his towel.

We don't want him screaming at his teammates. We want him TALKING to them.

GO RAVENS!

Posted Image

#43 dfdinffx

dfdinffx

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

Funny, but I thought to myself that maybe he had the flu or a slight concussion. He does not have to be a rah rah, go team type of person. Yet, I would like to see some emotion. I really didn't see him talking with the offense like the first game against the Bengals, Maybe because the no huddle completely disappeared after the first quarter and Joe new Cam was going to call the plays for the rest of the game. That would be enough to make me have no emotion, or like I had a concussion or the flu.

#44 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

Nobody is saying that.

Bates said if Flacco was hurt he should sit down.
I was suggesting that a slightly hurt Flacco is still better than a healthy Tyrod.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#45 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

Flacco is a tough character. And if it were up to him, we would never know he was hurt. Like his rookie year when he played against the Steelers in the AFC Championship game with his injured ribs, he didn't complain about that either. It's not in his character.

With that being said, Flacco was almost a hero on Sunday. That pass to Jacoby was nice, and Jacoby made a heck of a catch. It got called back. We ended up needing those 7 points. But on a positive note, Jacoby looked good man, it seemed like only he and Pitta could get through that secondary.

1Untitled_zps8afd95ac.pngbench_zps0a7ce32d.jpg

#46 tctony

tctony

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

Flacco is a tough character. And if it were up to him, we would never know he was hurt. Like his rookie year when he played against the Steelers in the AFC Championship game with his injured ribs, he didn't complain about that either. It's not in his character.

With that being said, Flacco was almost a hero on Sunday. That pass to Jacoby was nice, and Jacoby made a heck of a catch. It got called back. We ended up needing those 7 points. But on a positive note, Jacoby looked good man, it seemed like only he and Pitta could get through that secondary.

Jacoby is going to excel for us. Houston fans are disappointed with him because they tried to make him a #1/#2 guy. He just isn't. But he is doing a heck of a job for us so far this season. Having a solid #3 guy for us will be really beneficial

GO RAVENS!

Posted Image

#47 RBates

RBates

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

Possibly, its not like we did a whole lot in the second half.......Some of you guys just kill me.

#48 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Nobody is saying that. We want to see Flacco up and engaged in the game. Not putting his face in his towel.

We don't want him screaming at his teammates. We want him TALKING to them.

I don't know what u r looking at but Flacco does talk to his teammates. He also is on phone with Caldwell. And sometimes he's not talking at all. Who cares?

#49 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:03 AM

DUDE, clearly you missed about 10 posts in 10 other threads saying Flacco was INJURED early in the second half. Maybe he's kneeling down because he's, I don't know, in pain?

Bingo amigo. Snooki! Do work!

#50 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

just delete every thread that whines about Joe not being a rah rah go team look at me kind of guy. There is nobody else I want as our QB.

Because only your opinion counts LOL.

I think Joe is confident, willing and able to do what is needed for us succeed but he just is not the in your face guy that everyone wants to see. I would rather have a calm cool Joe so when the pressure does come he keeps his wits about him and runs through his progressions to make the play. Don't get me wrong i like the fire that guys like Steve Young used to be and get in the O'lines face and let it go. Joe is not that guy. For all of his short comings as all quarterbacks have them he is a great quarterback and i am fine with how he has grown.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#51 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

I actually agree with Rbates in the sense if his play was that bad the second half due to injury he should have been pulled, but personally what I saw was the eagles made adjustments and just damn well outplayed our whole offence second half, it happens sometimes. Pollard is injured he's pulled, joe Was obv fit enough to on, so deserves to be criticised for the play, but again, a lot of it goes done to just being beat by a better defence in that second half in every facet of the game

#52 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

Jacoby was defended by their #1 CB, Nnamdi Asomugha, and he still burned and toyed Nnamdi. Jacoby for me is clearly #1/2 on our team, but we insert him in #3 WR slot which causes outragous match up.

Edited by AsianRice, 20 September 2012 - 12:17 PM.

2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#53 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,602 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

I actually agree with Rbates in the sense if his play was that bad the second half due to injury he should have been pulled, but personally what I saw was the eagles made adjustments and just damn well outplayed our whole offence second half, it happens sometimes. Pollard is injured he's pulled, joe Was obv fit enough to on, so deserves to be criticised for the play, but again, a lot of it goes done to just being beat by a better defence in that second half in every facet of the game

Well, ya have to think about this. Is an injured Flacco still better than a healthy Tyrod? I would have no faith in Tyrod in that game.

#54 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,639 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

Well, ya have to think about this. Is an injured Flacco still better than a healthy Tyrod? I would have no faith in Tyrod in that game.

It might of been, but we'll never know. I was thinking that they would have had a hard time adjusting to Taylor playing QB, but than I thought why would that be the case? They had no trouble adjusting to everything else. It probably would have made us run more which would of probably helped our O a lot. I don't think Joe would have let that happen though.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#55 jazz1988

jazz1988

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

I blame Cam for the loss. :P I know Flacco's not stupid enough to throw on 3rd/4th & 2! Plus, they should've gone for a 2-pt conversion on their last TD. If they messed up, they still would've lost; if they made it, the game would've been tied!

I dont think Flacco is stupid at all but he definately had the power to audible on 3rd/4th & 2 to a run play

Edited by jazz1988, 20 September 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#56 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

At least run a hell of a lot more, control the clock and put him in more manageable situations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users