Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tctony

Flacco's demeanor on the sideline

63 posts in this topic

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1347851334' post='1155617']
Excuses for all the overthrows......smh
[/quote]

Are you really saying a guy getting injured is a secret cover up for poor play?

Posted · Hidden by Moderator 2, September 17, 2012 - jijacking and insults · Report post

[quote name='Ravenslifer' timestamp='1347852513' post='1155668']
[/quote]No just starting junk tonight dont take it serious. I just do it to start controversy.

Posted · Hidden by Moderator 2, September 17, 2012 - jijacking and insults · Report post

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1347853917' post='1155705']
No just starting junk tonight dont take it serious. I just do it to start controversy.
[/quote]

Gahh, controversy. And I'm awake with an exam tomorrow!

I blame Cam for the loss. :P I know Flacco's not stupid enough to throw on 3rd/4th & 2! Plus, they should've gone for a 2-pt conversion on their last TD. If they messed up, they still would've lost; if they made it, the game would've been tied!

His demeanor bothered me a little bit too, but knowing that he may have sustained an injury explains some things. I just hope he heals quickly and finds a way to become to lethal Joe that we saw last week and in the first half today.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1347841257' post='1155029']
just delete every thread that whines about Joe not being a rah rah go team look at me kind of guy. There is nobody else I want as our QB.
[/quote]
Well said my friend well said

Posted · Hidden by Moderator 3, September 17, 2012 - all caps · Report post

MIKE VICK IS AT OUR 34,IN THE PROCESS OF TAKEING THE LEAD,AND WHAT DO WE SEE,OUR QB HAVEING A FUN FEST,WHY RAY AND HIS IMMORTALS,ARE TRYING TO HOLD SERVE,ITS SHAMEFULL,AND SHOW DISRESPECT,GET OFF YOUR REAR,AND COWBOY UP,WARRIORS ARE NEEDED IN THE ARENA.,NOT PRETENDERS.

Posted · Hidden by Moderator 3, September 17, 2012 - responding to removed post · Report post

[quote name='amanodomini' timestamp='1347874068' post='1155870']
MIKE VICK IS AT OUR 34,IN THE PROCESS OF TAKEING THE LEAD,AND WHAT DO WE SEE,OUR QB HAVEING A FUN FEST,WHY RAY AND HIS IMMORTALS,ARE TRYING TO HOLD SERVE,ITS SHAMEFULL,AND SHOW DISRESPECT,GET OFF YOUR REAR,AND COWBOY UP,WARRIORS ARE NEEDED IN THE ARENA.,NOT PRETENDERS.
[/quote]

How I took this post. LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Irish Raven' timestamp='1347861589' post='1155827']
If you want a QB who screams at his teammates then go watch the Chargers
[/quote]

Ever seen old Dan Fouts videos? That's a proud Chargers tradition. XD Well that, and not winning Superbowls.

Yelling doesn't bring anything. I want my QB to be calm. He is the decisionmaker. Flacco made a couple dumb decisions in that Eagles game, but atleast he wasn't giving any of his teammates a hard time for that like Cutler did, because he "cares too much". That's sort of like beating your wife and telling her you love her too much. -_-

Flacco needs to take ownership of the offense. That means talking to players to motivate. Looking at previous plays and being more vocal on the sidelines. If nothing else get off the bench and cheer for the Defense. SMDH

[quote name='Ravenslifer' timestamp='1347852513' post='1155668']
[/quote]If you are hurt. Take a seat.. (Pretty much sums it up). If you are out there you are hurting the team. If you stay in you deserve all the criticism that ensues.

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1347898305' post='1156325']
Flacco needs to take ownership of the offense. That means talking to players to motivate. Looking at previous plays and being more vocal on the sidelines. If nothing else get off the bench and cheer for the Defense. SMDH
[/quote]
exactly. 4 minutes left in a one score game get up to the edge of the sideline and act like you care. not sitting over laughing it up on the bench after putting our team in an awful position because of your play in the second half

[quote name='stopsizzle555' timestamp='1347901607' post='1156409']

exactly. 4 minutes left in a one score game get up to the edge of the sideline and act like you care. not sitting over laughing it up on the bench after putting our team in an awful position because of your play in the second half
[/quote]

What you want him to scream and pout like a little girl? They were only 1 point down calm down.

[quote name='stopsizzle555' timestamp='1347901607' post='1156409']
[/quote]Thank you. Smh i can't believe him sometimes. If you are hurt, sit your (profanity deleted) down.

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1347901932' post='1156422']
Cause Tyrod is a much better option right?
[/quote]

No, you know we should of kept Troy Heisman Smith.....

[/quote]

Nobody is saying that. We want to see Flacco up and engaged in the game. Not putting his face in his towel.

We don't want him screaming at his teammates. We want him [b]TALKING[/b] to them.

Funny, but I thought to myself that maybe he had the flu or a slight concussion. He does not have to be a rah rah, go team type of person. Yet, I would like to see some emotion. I really didn't see him talking with the offense like the first game against the Bengals, Maybe because the no huddle completely disappeared after the first quarter and Joe new Cam was going to call the plays for the rest of the game. That would be enough to make me have no emotion, or like I had a concussion or the flu.

[quote name='tctony' timestamp='1347903488' post='1156475']

Nobody is saying that.
[/quote]
Bates said if Flacco was hurt he should sit down.
I was suggesting that a slightly hurt Flacco is still better than a healthy Tyrod.

Flacco is a tough character. And if it were up to him, we would never know he was hurt. Like his rookie year when he played against the Steelers in the AFC Championship game with his injured ribs, he didn't complain about that either. It's not in his character.

With that being said, Flacco was almost a hero on Sunday. That pass to Jacoby was nice, and Jacoby made a heck of a catch. It got called back. We ended up needing those 7 points. But on a positive note, Jacoby looked good man, it seemed like only he and Pitta could get through that secondary.

[quote name='CalvinSmoke' timestamp='1347927229' post='1157007']
Flacco is a tough character. And if it were up to him, we would never know he was hurt. Like his rookie year when he played against the Steelers in the AFC Championship game with his injured ribs, he didn't complain about that either. It's not in his character.

With that being said, Flacco was almost a hero on Sunday. That pass to Jacoby was nice, and Jacoby made a heck of a catch. It got called back. We ended up needing those 7 points. But on a positive note, Jacoby looked good man, it seemed like only he and Pitta could get through that secondary.
[/quote]

Jacoby is going to excel for us. Houston fans are disappointed with him because they tried to make him a #1/#2 guy. He just isn't. But he is doing a heck of a job for us so far this season. Having a solid #3 guy for us will be really beneficial

[/quote]Possibly, its not like we did a whole lot in the second half.......Some of you guys just kill me.

[quote name='tctony' timestamp='1347903488' post='1156475']

Nobody is saying that. We want to see Flacco up and engaged in the game. Not putting his face in his towel.

We don't want him screaming at his teammates. We want him [b]TALKING[/b] to them.
[/quote]

I don't know what u r looking at but Flacco does talk to his teammates. He also is on phone with Caldwell. And sometimes he's not talking at all. Who cares?

[quote name='Ravenslifer' timestamp='1347851214' post='1155610']

DUDE, clearly you missed about 10 posts in 10 other threads saying Flacco was INJURED early in the second half. Maybe he's kneeling down because he's, I don't know, in pain?
[/quote]

Bingo amigo. Snooki! Do work!

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1347841257' post='1155029']
just delete every thread that whines about Joe not being a rah rah go team look at me kind of guy. There is nobody else I want as our QB.
[/quote]

Because only your opinion counts LOL.

I think Joe is confident, willing and able to do what is needed for us succeed but he just is not the in your face guy that everyone wants to see. I would rather have a calm cool Joe so when the pressure does come he keeps his wits about him and runs through his progressions to make the play. Don't get me wrong i like the fire that guys like Steve Young used to be and get in the O'lines face and let it go. Joe is not that guy. For all of his short comings as all quarterbacks have them he is a great quarterback and i am fine with how he has grown.

I actually agree with Rbates in the sense if his play was that bad the second half due to injury he should have been pulled, but personally what I saw was the eagles made adjustments and just damn well outplayed our whole offence second half, it happens sometimes. Pollard is injured he's pulled, joe Was obv fit enough to on, so deserves to be criticised for the play, but again, a lot of it goes done to just being beat by a better defence in that second half in every facet of the game

[quote name='CalvinSmoke' timestamp='1347927229' post='1157007']

With that being said, Flacco was almost a hero on Sunday. That pass to Jacoby was nice, and Jacoby made a heck of a catch. It got called back. We ended up needing those 7 points. But on a positive note, [b]Jacoby looked good man, it seemed like only he and Pitta could get through that secondary.[/b]
[/quote]
Jacoby was defended by their #1 CB, Nnamdi Asomugha, and he still burned and toyed Nnamdi. Jacoby for me is clearly #1/2 on our team, but we insert him in #3 WR slot which causes outragous match up.

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1348159135' post='1159388']
I actually agree with Rbates in the sense if his play was that bad the second half due to injury he should have been pulled, but personally what I saw was the eagles made adjustments and just damn well outplayed our whole offence second half, it happens sometimes. Pollard is injured he's pulled, joe Was obv fit enough to on, so deserves to be criticised for the play, but again, a lot of it goes done to just being beat by a better defence in that second half in every facet of the game
[/quote]

Well, ya have to think about this. Is an injured Flacco still better than a healthy Tyrod? I would have no faith in Tyrod in that game.