Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tctony

Flacco's demeanor on the sideline

63 posts in this topic

First: I know we only see what they show us on TV.

Did anybody feel like Flacco looked aloof and un-firery today? Several times they showed him with his head in his hands, and another time he was sitting there with Torrey Smith (who was smiling and appeared to be joking around).

Just saw highlights of Andrew Luck on NFL Network. He is on the sidelines talking to his lineman and his offense, trying to pump them up and get them into the game.

How come we rarely see this from Joe?

[quote name='tctony' timestamp='1347839912' post='1154940']

Did anybody feel like Flacco looked aloof and un-firery today? Several times they showed him with his head in his hands, and another time he was sitting there with Torrey Smith (who was smiling and appeared to be joking around).

Just saw highlights of Andrew Luck on NFL Network. He is on the sidelines talking to his lineman and his offense, trying to pump them up and get them into the game.

[/quote]

Read up on the massive amounts of threads. Dude was/is hurt.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1347840096' post='1154956']
What do you expect? the guy isn't Patton for god sake
[/quote]

I expect something from my starting QB. He was aloof the whole game - I'd like to see him attempting to rally his guys. Joe (rightly) wants to take more control of the offense and team. He needs to step up and lead in bad times too.

I saw several shots of him talking on the phone and reviewing pictures with Tyrod. He was also in a lot of pain and it showed. Why do fans care so much about his demeanor when apparently no one on the team does?

just delete every thread that whines about Joe not being a rah rah go team look at me kind of guy. There is nobody else I want as our QB.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1347841257' post='1155029']
just delete every thread that whines about Joe not being a rah rah go team look at me kind of guy. There is nobody else I want as our QB.
[/quote]I agree 250%

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1347841022' post='1155014']
I saw several shots of him talking on the phone and reviewing pictures with Tyrod. He was also in a lot of pain and it showed. [b]Why do fans care so much about his demeanor when apparently no one on the team does?[/b]
[/quote]

Because fans are stupid and think guys are more motivated or become magically better by that rah-rah nonsense at a professional level. Eli Manning dealt with the same crap in New York for a while.

To quote myself from last year

"Screaming like a banshee doesnt win games "

He was hurt, he was having a bad day. He acted kinda like I would expect him to considering the situation he was in.

[quote name='T3hRaven' timestamp='1347844533' post='1155200']

Because fans are stupid and think guys are more motivated or become magically better by that rah-rah nonsense at a professional level. Eli Manning dealt with the same crap in New York for a while.
[/quote]

Does the same apply for ray Lewis's dance ?

[quote name='redlobster' timestamp='1347844744' post='1155209']
Does the same apply for ray Lewis's dance ?
[/quote]

It's for the fans, not the players. After all these years it's not very special.

[quote name='tctony' timestamp='1347840302' post='1154971']
I expect something from my starting QB. He was aloof the whole game - I'd like to see him attempting to rally his guys. Joe (rightly) wants to take more control of the offense and team. He needs to step up and lead in bad times too.
[/quote]

Dude, GTFO. Do you even know what aloof means? Obviously not, or you wouldn't be using that word. What you really mean is that he wasn't excited enough FOR YOU, whenever they showed him on T.V. Grow up.

I just think he just did not have one of his best days, like many on our team today.

After every drive Flacco was on the phone or reviewing photos of the defense to see what wrong or right.

Who cares if when defense is out there he's not running around like a QB in the movies, This ain't The Program, The Replacements with some hollywood rahrah speech lol.

[quote name='tctony' timestamp='1347839912' post='1154940']

[/quote]Great point

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1347848452' post='1155440']
Great point
[/quote]

Well, that makes two of you. You have company now. Yaaaaayyy!

Yeah maybe if Joe was throwing a temper tantrum like Rivers or laying F-bombs onto his teammates like Cutler. Although some choice words for Cam may of helped. Seriously though, I don't know why everyone's so obsessed by his demeanor or whether or not he looks like a deer in the headlights. That has no effect on the game whatsoever.

No need to get hostile guys. I wasn't in my original post.

I'm not saying I want Joe out there yelling at the other guys. I want to see him even talking to them.

I saw him on the phone early. But as the game wore on, I saw him putting his head in his hands and his face in his towel. Flacco is the leader of the offense - you don't want to see your guy doing that.

[quote name='tctony' timestamp='1347851083' post='1155606']
No need to get hostile guys. I wasn't in my original post.

I'm not saying I want Joe out there yelling at the other guys. I want to see him even talking to them.

[b]I saw him on the phone early. But as the game wore on, I saw him putting his head in his hands and his face in his towel. Flacco is the leader of the offense - you don't want to see your guy doing that.[/b]
[/quote]

DUDE, clearly you missed about 10 posts in 10 other threads saying Flacco was INJURED early in the second half. Maybe he's kneeling down because he's, I don't know, in pain?

[quote name='tctony' timestamp='1347851083' post='1155606']
But as the game wore on, I saw him putting his head in his hands and his face in his towel. Flacco is the leader of the offense - you don't want to see your guy doing that.
[/quote]

He was hurt and in pain. It'll be okay. This team is nothing but leaders.

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1347851334' post='1155617']
Excuses for all the overthrows......smh
[/quote]

Still trolling? Go to bed!

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1347851663' post='1155632']
Oh its all good. I just dont like noobs.......
[/quote]

Hey hey hey...we were all "noobs" at one point.

I think he was trying to rally the troops. I would think the only time he would be joking around is when it was 17-7.

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1347851334' post='1155617']
Excuses for all the overthrows......smh
[/quote]

Are you really saying a guy getting injured is a secret cover up for poor play?

I blame Cam for the loss. :P I know Flacco's not stupid enough to throw on 3rd/4th & 2! Plus, they should've gone for a 2-pt conversion on their last TD. If they messed up, they still would've lost; if they made it, the game would've been tied!