Ravens at Steelers      Game Rewind      Pro Bowl Voting   

Photo

Week 3 - Patriots @ Ravens

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
367 replies to this topic

#221 wayne

wayne

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

No, I don't think Ridley will do much. Winslow could have been a factor had he been signed earlier (and healthy, not sure how his knee is). I dont think we can fully count Lloyd out, he's a solid player. I just don't think we;ll be able to take away the middle of the field. Pollard is hurting a bit and even when healthy lets not act like Pollard is a great cover safety. He's been outstanding in the role we have him in but he's not going to cover Gronkowski all day 1 on 1. NE may not have an O-line but let's not act like we have anyone who can dominate a mediocre O-line other than Ngata.

I'm just being objective. Last week everyone trumpet about an absolute trashing of Philadelphia and we lost even though we forced 4 turnovers.

And I'm not too concerned over the negs, especially if people can't handle a different viewpoint when its backed with logical predisposition.

You guys are putting too much stock into last game with the game Celek had. We normally do great against taking away the middle of the field and containing good TEs but the Vick factor played majorly into Celek's success against us last week. It's a reason that Vick has success with his TE's ( remember Crumpler who was nothing but a blocking TE after Vick left his side ) b/c the LB's has to worry so much about Vick taking off so trying to keep an eye on Vick and the TE is tuff. When we play them again or a caliber player like Vick which is RG3, I'm sure Pees is going to dial up more blitzes but we don't need to do that vs Brady, need to rely on our front 4 more b/c it's nothing for Brady to just throw the ball quickly to Welker on a bubble screen or something on a all out blitz ( think P. Manning to D. Thomas for the 70 yd TD in week 1 ).

Don't put too much stock into the Eagles game guys, at least on the defensive side.

#222 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

You guys are putting too much stock into last game with the game Celek had. We normally do great against taking away the middle of the field and containing good TEs but the Vick factor played majorly into Celek's success against us last week. It's a reason that Vick has success with his TE's ( remember Crumpler who was nothing but a blocking TE after Vick left his side ) b/c the LB's has to worry so much about Vick taking off so trying to keep an eye on Vick and the TE is tuff. When we play them again or a caliber player like Vick which is RG3, I'm sure Pees is going to dial up more blitzes but we don't need to do that vs Brady, need to rely on our front 4 more b/c it's nothing for Brady to just throw the ball quickly to Welker on a bubble screen or something on a all out blitz ( think P. Manning to D. Thomas for the 70 yd TD in week 1 ).

Don't put too much stock into the Eagles game guys, at least on the defensive side.

I understand what you're saying, but the reason I stated my view is because I think they'll high low us with Gronkowski and Welker over the middle of the field. Which will be difficult for our cover guys.

#223 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

I am not an advocate of injuring someone but wasnt it Pollard that hurt Gronkowski during the playoffs last year? I really do not think pollard is afraid of hitting anyone. He has also played much better in pass defense then originally advertised. I actually think he has been one of the top free agent pick ups that the Ravens has ever made.

I wouldn't go that far YET. I can think of quite a few that could currently top Pollard for now.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#224 wayne

wayne

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

I understand what you're saying, but the reason I stated my view is because I think they'll high low us with Gronkowski and Welker over the middle of the field. Which will be difficult for our cover guys.

I don't think it will be a tuff cover. I hope to see our CBs playing bump and run in this game a lot.

#225 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

I don't think it will be a tuff cover. I hope to see our CBs playing bump and run in this game a lot.

You and me both, its a joke we haven't been in the first two games.

#226 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,393 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

How much longer until Wednesday's Injury Report? I'm curious how Pollard's doing.

35 minutes
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#227 RavensFanInCA

RavensFanInCA

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

I haven't seen anything official on BR.com, but I did see this (http://www.sbnation....hes-ready-to-go) which says BP is ready to go.

#228 poescrows

poescrows

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Just hope the refs don't mess this game up too.
Hey Steeler fans......we now have 2 rings. One for each middle finger! TADA GAN IARRACHT

#229 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

My wife was born and raised for most of her life just out side Boston so she has been a Pats fan pretty much all her life.
A few years back after the Suggs "hit" on Princess Brady, she jumped ship. She says Brady is too much of a sissy cry baby. ( her words not mine )
She is a full fleged RAVENS fan now and HATES Princess Brady. She laughs every time he gets hit. Even more so when he cries in interviews. She loved it when he got his nose broke last week or the week before.

Her brothers are still up there and are pats fans but they are cool and all that.

Not completely sure why I felt like sharing this...
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#230 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

My wife was born and raised for most of her life just out side Boston so she has been a Pats fan pretty much all her life.
A few years back after the Suggs "hit" on Princess Brady, she jumped ship. She says Brady is too much of a sissy cry baby. ( her words not mine )
She is a full fleged RAVENS fan now and HATES Princess Brady. She laughs every time he gets hit. Even more so when he cries in interviews. She loved it when he got his nose broke last week or the week before.

Her brothers are still up there and are pats fans but they are cool and all that.

It's good to share! And kudos to your wife for dumping tommy. .

#231 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

We need to smoke the patsies to get us back on track and heal some old wounds.

We're at home and I look for a monster game from the O. I have a good feeling this game won't even be close.

#232 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,724 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

Every Patriots fans' favorite stat right now: the Patriots have never lost to the Ravens in Baltimore.

This would mean something maybe, if the Patriots hadn't only played 2 games in Baltimore. It means even less considering those 2 games were played in 1996 (first season) and 2007 (injury decimated 5-11 season).

The Patriots have never had to contend with an even decent Ravens team at M&T.

Edited by ratedr, 19 September 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#233 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

Anyone happen to see this article on Tom Brady's thoughts of the Ravens?

http://www.enterpris...Baltimore-media

#234 WhitewalkerMerriman

WhitewalkerMerriman

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

Since you are a Bills Fan, guess i will let you know on one of the WORST kept secrets about the RAVENS and Ravens Fans.

We HATE, the PATTYs almost ( but very close ) as much as we hate the Stealers.

Honestly, i would love to have the Pattys in our Division so we would be able to play them twice a yr and id bet any amount of money that the Pats wouldn't be winning their Division and getting Homefield advantage every yr.

We hate the Pattys as much as you hate the Steelers, as much as the Red Sox fans hate the Yankees...

#235 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

Week 3 Prediction:
Ravens 23

Patriots 20

Ravens
Passing - 204 yds, 1 TD
Rushing - 117 yds, 1 TD
Special Teams - 3 FGs

Patriots
Passing - 210 yds, 2 TDs
Rushing - 92 yds
Special Teams - 2 FGs

~ Malkavian Raven

Edited by Malkavian Raven, 19 September 2012 - 08:22 PM.

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#236 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,110 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

Beer?

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#237 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

No.
I actually dont drink any more.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#238 CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:03 AM

I really don't see this as a "revenge" game or anything like that. I save that in the games that truly matters, the playoffs. And both of these teams have to make it that far.

Posted Image

#239 UMDan

UMDan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

I really don't see this as a "revenge" game or anything like that. I save that in the games that truly matters, the playoffs. And both of these teams have to make it that far.

I agree. Revenge could come in the form of beating them in the playoffs. These are still early days, but that doesn't minimize the importance of this game at all. This really sets a tone for the rest of the season for both teams. The fact that one of the Ravens or Patriots will be 1-2 is pretty crazy. But if we can get through them, I feel we should be solid for the next few weeks. I know not to underestimate opponents, but should we win, we can probably win our next three @Cleveland, @KC and vs. Dallas. This is our toughest test until the Houston game, and a big statement game.

I think it will be close, but for me thing putting us over the top is us being at home, and it doesn't hurt that Hernandez is hurt and there may be some flux in their offense with them going out and picking up Winslow and Branch. Assuming the playcalling and Flacco's accuracy are dealt with, and that we can get a bit of a pass rush going, I think we win this. Things have to go pretty well though because this won't be an easy one. Ray Rice needs to get fed, early and often. I don't think there is anyone we won't have this week that we didn't have last week, based on the rumor mill and injury reports.

Ravens 31, Patriots 24

#240 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

We need to smoke the patsies to get us back on track and heal some old wounds.

We're at home and I look for a monster game from the O. I have a good feeling this game won't even be close.

I like this post. All except the score won't even be close part. I'm just not quite that optimistic.

The last time we played the Pats at home was what we refer to as the 'Ice Game'.
Cars were sliding off the road on the way home. We were blown off the road into a ditch close to the PA/MD line. It was crazy.
Between that, the crazy time out by Rex at the end of the game, and the way the crowd was in just complete chaos...this game already has a lot of personal history to it.
I'm sure we are not, but to see our team in the black unis again under the lights sure would bring back some memories!