Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PuRock

Week 3 - Patriots @ Ravens

371 posts in this topic

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1348065798' post='1158648']
Suggs would have made this happen, no doubt. :(

Im hoping we can get in his face with what we have. Its key.
[/quote]

I can hope. You guys routinely have a great D, and the Patriots probably have their worse offensive line in years. I'm hoping that they get stuck with a 1-3 start.

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1348065798' post='1158648']
Suggs would have made this happen, no doubt. :(

Im hoping we can get in his face with what we have. Its key.
[/quote]
Does Suggs still hate Brady?

[quote name='BenMir' timestamp='1348068429' post='1158671']

[/quote]

I'm sure he'd love to say hello this Sunday.

[quote name='BenMir' timestamp='1348068429' post='1158671']
[/quote]

What do you think lololol :)

Dumb Brady rule, i don't ever think ill forget that Roughing the passer call on Suggs when he literally brushed up against. No Flag until Brady started crying and pointing. Unreal.

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1348068523' post='1158672']
I'm sure he'd love to say hello this Sunday.
[/quote]

If Hello means a Free shot on Brady, then i know SUGGS would LOVE to say Hello :)

[quote name='WhitewalkerMerriman' timestamp='1348065602' post='1158645']
I'm a Bills fan, but I still like the Ravens.

Please, do us a favor: Bash Tom Brady into the ground so hard his head hits his facemask hard enough to leave a mark.

We'll be trying it the week after.
[/quote]

Since you are a Bills Fan, guess i will let you know on one of the WORST kept secrets about the RAVENS and Ravens Fans.

We HATE, the PATTYs almost ( but very close ) as much as we hate the Stealers.

Honestly, i would love to have the Pattys in our Division so we would be able to play them twice a yr and id bet any amount of money that the Pats wouldn't be winning their Division and getting Homefield advantage every yr.

[quote name='RavensAllTheWay' timestamp='1348031273' post='1158452']
It's hard to envision us shutting Gronk down, but Welker has not been himself since the start of the season, and it's not like he's due for a good game or anything. Plus shouldn't it be taken for granted that Brady will have his share of yards and Gronk will have his share of catches? But that doesn't mean they'll be able to sustain drives all day.

Why aren't you taking into account that Pees knows Brady and J. McDaniels well? If ever a coordinator would go into a game with a plan, I would think it would be Dean Pees this week, as frustrated as I've been with his vanilla defense these last two weeks.

You said in your next post that we don't have anyone who can dominate a mediocre O line except Ngata, but I could envision McPhee making noise. I noticed last week, we had mutiple people hitting Vick. Ngata, McPhee, McClain, Upshaw, Reed, maybe Lewis, McClellan and Jones got some hits. What I'm saying is, maybe one guy won't tear them apart up front all on their own, but we were relatively successful with getting to Vick when we sent more than three guys last week. I have the most confidence in Haloti and Pernell.

Our protection (or lack thereof) killed us against the Eagles. The Pats don't have nearly as good a front 7 in terms of getting after the passer, so Flacco should be fine, although you didn't say he wouldn't.

And I remember last year, you said we had "no shot" at beating the Bengals at home......
[/quote]
Brady is a totally different QB than Vick, he won't turn the ball over in the redzone with an awful throw. He won't give us any gimmies. Brady will move the ball on us, thats a given. I also think with the addition of an outside threat will complicate things defensively with the way Pees has played defense the last two games. If I was Pees I would lock up JSmith or Williams in press man all game on Lloyd and then focus on the 10-20 yard middle of the field. I have no reason to believe Pees will do that however, which is why I'm skeptical.

Part of the reason I believe we will score points on NE is their lack of a legit pass rusher (Jones will become one in a couple years), they will have to manufacture pressure. Having said that, Birk got literally steam rolled by multiple Bengals DT in week 1, Wilfork can do the same. Pagano had the team entirely prepared for the man coverage routes down the seam the Patriots like to run now, again my skepticism is that Pees won't be as innovative in stopping that offense, remember Pees left before the NE offense changed in 2010.

We had success hitting Vick a couple times early, but the problem for Philly really showed after they lost their "C" and LT. The inserted a 3rd string LT that we couldn't get 1 on 1 pressure against quick enough to cause sacks or disruptions. The Pats don't have as good a front 7 no, but it's not a bad one and are actually better equipped to stop the run with Wilfork, Spikes and Mayo in the middle.

At their place I said it because they were in a playoff hunt and we historically struggle in Cincinnati, since we had a playoff spot secure I thought it was a good chance for Cincinnati to sneak out with a win. I didnt say they would dominate us.

[quote name='ArmyRavensFan' timestamp='1348054509' post='1158547']
I am not an advocate of injuring someone but wasnt it Pollard that hurt Gronkowski during the playoffs last year? I really do not think pollard is afraid of hitting anyone. He has also played much better in pass defense then originally advertised. I actually think he has been one of the top free agent pick ups that the Ravens has ever made.
[/quote]
He rolled Gronkowski's ankle during a tackle that ended up spraining it. He didn't clean his clock or anything. Gronkowski came back and played a few plays later. He has no doubt made a difference for this defense, its incredible how much better he is than Landry was, but he is still not an above average cover safety.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1348027167' post='1158433']
No, I don't think Ridley will do much. Winslow could have been a factor had he been signed earlier (and healthy, not sure how his knee is). I dont think we can fully count Lloyd out, he's a solid player. [b]I just don't think we;ll be able to take away the middle of the field[/b]. Pollard is hurting a bit and even when healthy lets not act like Pollard is a great cover safety. He's been outstanding in the role we have him in but he's not going to cover Gronkowski all day 1 on 1. NE may not have an O-line but let's not act like we have anyone who can dominate a mediocre O-line other than Ngata.

I'm just being objective. Last week everyone trumpet about an absolute trashing of Philadelphia and we lost even though we forced 4 turnovers.

And I'm not too concerned over the negs, especially if people can't handle a different viewpoint when its backed with logical predisposition.
[/quote]

You guys are putting too much stock into last game with the game Celek had. We normally do great against taking away the middle of the field and containing good TEs but the Vick factor played majorly into Celek's success against us last week. It's a reason that Vick has success with his TE's ( remember Crumpler who was nothing but a blocking TE after Vick left his side ) b/c the LB's has to worry so much about Vick taking off so trying to keep an eye on Vick and the TE is tuff. When we play them again or a caliber player like Vick which is RG3, I'm sure Pees is going to dial up more blitzes but we don't need to do that vs Brady, need to rely on our front 4 more b/c it's nothing for Brady to just throw the ball quickly to Welker on a bubble screen or something on a all out blitz ( think P. Manning to D. Thomas for the 70 yd TD in week 1 ).

Don't put too much stock into the Eagles game guys, at least on the defensive side.

[quote name='wayne' timestamp='1348080281' post='1158796']
You guys are putting too much stock into last game with the game Celek had. We normally do great against taking away the middle of the field and containing good TEs but the Vick factor played majorly into Celek's success against us last week. It's a reason that Vick has success with his TE's ( remember Crumpler who was nothing but a blocking TE after Vick left his side ) b/c the LB's has to worry so much about Vick taking off so trying to keep an eye on Vick and the TE is tuff. When we play them again or a caliber player like Vick which is RG3, I'm sure Pees is going to dial up more blitzes but we don't need to do that vs Brady, need to rely on our front 4 more b/c it's nothing for Brady to just throw the ball quickly to Welker on a bubble screen or something on a all out blitz ( think P. Manning to D. Thomas for the 70 yd TD in week 1 ).

Don't put too much stock into the Eagles game guys, at least on the defensive side.
[/quote]

I understand what you're saying, but the reason I stated my view is because I think they'll high low us with Gronkowski and Welker over the middle of the field. Which will be difficult for our cover guys.

[quote name='ArmyRavensFan' timestamp='1348054509' post='1158547']
I am not an advocate of injuring someone but wasnt it Pollard that hurt Gronkowski during the playoffs last year? I really do not think pollard is afraid of hitting anyone. He has also played much better in pass defense then originally advertised. I actually think he has been one of the [b]top free agent pick ups that the Ravens has ever made.[/b]
[/quote]I wouldn't go that far YET. I can think of quite a few that could currently top Pollard for now.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1348081320' post='1158801']
I understand what you're saying, but the reason I stated my view is because I think they'll high low us with Gronkowski and Welker over the middle of the field. Which will be difficult for our cover guys.
[/quote]

I don't think it will be a tuff cover. I hope to see our CBs playing bump and run in this game a lot.

[quote name='wayne' timestamp='1348082919' post='1158830']
I don't think it will be a tuff cover. I hope to see our CBs playing bump and run in this game a lot.
[/quote]

You and me both, its a joke we haven't been in the first two games.

[quote name='RavensFanInCA' timestamp='1348079607' post='1158786']
How much longer until Wednesday's Injury Report? I'm curious how Pollard's doing.
[/quote]
35 minutes

I haven't seen anything official on BR.com, but I did see this (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/9/19/3358102/bernard-pollard-injury-ravens-safety-says-hes-ready-to-go) which says BP is ready to go.

My wife was born and raised for most of her life just out side Boston so she has been a Pats fan pretty much all her life.
A few years back after the Suggs "hit" on Princess Brady, she jumped ship. She says Brady is too much of a sissy cry baby. ( her words not mine )
She is a full fleged RAVENS fan now and HATES Princess Brady. She laughs every time he gets hit. Even more so when he cries in interviews. She loved it when he got his nose broke last week or the week before.

Her brothers are still up there and are pats fans but they are cool and all that.

Not completely sure why I felt like sharing this...

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1348095616' post='1159005']
My wife was born and raised for most of her life just out side Boston so she has been a Pats fan pretty much all her life.
A few years back after the Suggs "hit" on Princess Brady, she jumped ship. She says Brady is too much of a sissy cry baby. ( her words not mine )
She is a full fleged RAVENS fan now and HATES Princess Brady. She laughs every time he gets hit. Even more so when he cries in interviews. She loved it when he got his nose broke last week or the week before.

Her brothers are still up there and are pats fans but they are cool and all that.

[/quote]

It's good to share! And kudos to your wife for dumping tommy. .

We need to smoke the patsies to get us back on track and heal some old wounds.

We're at home and I look for a monster game from the O. I have a good feeling this game won't even be close.

Every Patriots fans' favorite stat right now: the Patriots have never lost to the Ravens in Baltimore.

This would mean something maybe, if the Patriots hadn't only played 2 games in Baltimore. It means even less considering those 2 games were played in 1996 (first season) and 2007 (injury decimated 5-11 season).

The Patriots have never had to contend with an even decent Ravens team at M&T.

Anyone happen to see this article on Tom Brady's thoughts of the Ravens?

http://www.enterprisenews.com/blogs/endzone/x1505344681/Brady-talks-to-Baltimore-media

[quote name='PeRK82' timestamp='1348069116' post='1158681']
Since you are a Bills Fan, guess i will let you know on one of the WORST kept secrets about the RAVENS and Ravens Fans.

We HATE, the PATTYs almost ( but very close ) as much as we hate the Stealers.

Honestly, i would love to have the Pattys in our Division so we would be able to play them twice a yr and id bet any amount of money that the Pats wouldn't be winning their Division and getting Homefield advantage every yr.
[/quote]

We hate the Pattys as much as you hate the Steelers, as much as the Red Sox fans hate the Yankees...

[font=times new roman,times,serif][i]Week 3 Prediction:
Ravens 23[/i][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][i]Patriots 20[/i][/font]

[u][font=times new roman,times,serif][i]Ravens[/i][/font][/u]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][i]Passing - 204 yds, 1 TD[/i][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][i]Rushing - 117 yds, 1 TD[/i][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][i]Special Teams - 3 FGs[/i][/font]

[u][font=times new roman,times,serif][i]Patriots[/i][/font][/u]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][i]Passing - 210 yds, 2 TDs[/i][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][i]Rushing - 92 yds[/i][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][i]Special Teams - 2 FGs[/i][/font]

[font=times new roman,times,serif][i]~ Malkavian Raven[/i][/font]

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1348095616' post='1159005']

[/quote]

Beer?

I really don't see this as a "revenge" game or anything like that. I save that in the games that truly matters, the playoffs. And both of these teams have to make it that far.

[quote name='CorvusCorax' timestamp='1348117432' post='1159217']
I really don't see this as a "revenge" game or anything like that. I save that in the games that truly matters, the playoffs. And both of these teams have to make it that far.
[/quote]

I agree. Revenge could come in the form of beating them in the playoffs. These are still early days, but that doesn't minimize the importance of this game at all. This really sets a tone for the rest of the season for both teams. The fact that one of the Ravens or Patriots will be 1-2 is pretty crazy. But if we can get through them, I feel we should be solid for the next few weeks. I know not to underestimate opponents, but should we win, we can probably win our next three @Cleveland, @KC and vs. Dallas. This is our toughest test until the Houston game, and a big statement game.

I think it will be close, but for me thing putting us over the top is us being at home, and it doesn't hurt that Hernandez is hurt and there may be some flux in their offense with them going out and picking up Winslow and Branch. Assuming the playcalling and Flacco's accuracy are dealt with, and that we can get a bit of a pass rush going, I think we win this. Things have to go pretty well though because this won't be an easy one. Ray Rice needs to get fed, early and often. I don't think there is anyone we won't have this week that we didn't have last week, based on the rumor mill and injury reports.

Ravens 31, Patriots 24

[quote name='awholelottahaloti' timestamp='1348097587' post='1159033']
We need to smoke the patsies to get us back on track and heal some old wounds.

We're at home and I look for a monster game from the O. I have a good feeling this game won't even be close.
[/quote]
I like this post. All except the score won't even be close part. I'm just not quite that optimistic.

The last time we played the Pats at home was what we refer to as the 'Ice Game'.
Cars were sliding off the road on the way home. We were blown off the road into a ditch close to the PA/MD line. It was crazy.
Between that, the crazy time out by Rex at the end of the game, and the way the crowd was in just complete chaos...this game already has a lot of personal history to it.
I'm sure we are not, but to see our team in the black unis again under the lights sure would bring back some memories!