Photo

Dean Pees has to go

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
199 replies to this topic

#41 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,319 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

it's just week 2 and 1 loss! chill! smh!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 16 September 2012 - 06:41 PM.

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#42 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

I was content with the playcalling until that awful prevent started to rear its ugly head in the 4th and Celek was WIDE OPEN for 20 yards a clip.

He was getting pressure with 2nd stringers along the front 7. That takes ability and creativity.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#43 wayne

wayne

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

One of the worst plays I have ever seen Reed make.

Tell you the truth, it wasn't that bad of a play on Reed, I actually feel the call was BS and should have been chalked up as incidental contact. Ed tried to clearly jump up and bat the ball down and the motion of doing that, of course your arms are going to come down in the motion that Ed's arm came down barely, I reapeat, BARELY hitting Vick in the helmet.

#44 tctony

tctony

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

Tell you the truth, it wasn't that bad of a play on Reed, I actually feel the call was BS and should have been chalked up as incidental contact. Ed tried to clearly jump up and bat the ball down and the motion of doing that, of course your arms are going to come down in the motion that Ed's arm came down barely, I reapeat, BARELY hitting Vick in the helmet.

I'm referring to the Maclin TD.

GO RAVENS!

Posted Image

#45 SizzleSuggs55

SizzleSuggs55

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

I think he was referring to the maclin touchdown, where both c.williams and reed let maclin get behind them, could be wrong tho and i said something about this penalty in a previous thread. the roughing the passer gave them the ball at the 1 essentially handing them a touchdown, ed's hands barely touched vick, should not have been a penalty

#46 wayne

wayne

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

Ok, different play. Yea, either him or Cary should have stayed back but that's what happens when facing a QB like Vick who can kill you with his feet.

#47 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

Oaky Pees is shwon the door.
Are YOU prepaired to replace him ?
No then WHO ?

Thank you very much.

BTW for having "zero pass rush " Vick sure was on his back a lot.

People said the same thing about Billy Cundiff, Dominque Foxworth. Guess what, they are replaceable.

If anyone our FO can do it. We have a history of bringing in top tier defense coordinator talent day in day out. Just look @ all the coordinator that started out in Ravens organization, and now are head coaches/has been coaches.

Dean Pees is definately replaceable. But I give him time. Pass rush were sloppy, secondary coverage werent tight, but we'll get this through.

#48 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,314 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

everytime we hit vick it was like 2 or 3 seconds after he threw the ball lol thats not pressure

You are telling me Ngata running right for you at full speed is not pressuer ?
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#49 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,314 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

That was a bad call. It reminded me of the game where Suggs barely graized Princes Bradeys helmet with his arm hair and got fifteen yards out of it.
K-Dog

#50 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,439 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

Our defense isn't looking to good but come on man. It's the end of week 2. Seriously?
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#51 RavensWin09

RavensWin09

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

he must have no confidence in the corners to play them as far back as the 1st down markers. every pass was a completion with no ravens in the area. i don't care how good our offense is, we won't compete with that defensive performance every week. we won't be saved by turnovers every week either. an even bigger test for our d next week. gotta make something work.

Edited by RavensWin09, 16 September 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#52 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,314 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

People said the same thing about Billy Cundiff, Dominque Foxworth. Guess what, they are replaceable.

If anyone our FO can do it. We have a history of bringing in top tier defense coordinator talent day in day out. Just look @ all the coordinator that started out in Ravens organization, and now are head coaches/has been coaches.

Dean Pees is definately replaceable. But I give him time. Pass rush were sloppy, secondary coverage werent tight, but we'll get this through.

Oh well since he is so easily replaceable fire him then and our FO will bring in another Pagano and the world will be fine.
I was wrong. my bad.
K-Dog

#53 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Next year, we draft defense, defense, and more defense.

#54 Yum Chickens

Yum Chickens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

everyone needs to go. Fire the owner, GM, Harbs, the coordinators, Flacco Rice Pitta Dickson Lewis Reed Ngata Suggs

Just everyone!

Posted Image

#55 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,314 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

everyone needs to go. Fire the owner, GM, Harbs, the coordinators, Flacco Rice Pitta Dickson Lewis Reed Ngata Suggs

Just everyone!

Cept' Poe. He wasnt even there.
K-Dog

#56 wayne

wayne

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

We good with Pees and you gotta understand, we are playing with 4 OLB's with pretty much limited experience and we are with out our DPOY in Suggs so that has to be taken into consideration in a major way. Eagles made the Niners D look like hot garbage last season , Vick takes away from how much you can open up your defensive play calling if that makes any sense.

#57 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,714 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

it's just week 2 and 1 loss! chill! smh!

~Mili

That may be, but I'm sure that was said with Mattison and he never got any better. It's not about the defense playing bad this week or that week, it's about the mentality. Pees' defensive scheme throughout his career does not fit with the aggressive mindset the fans expect this team to have on defense, and the inadequacy of the scheme in this area is only made worse by the absence of our only proven pass rusher.

#58 JohnnyBoy8102

JohnnyBoy8102

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

On a positive note; the Defense has given up 18.5 ppg and forced 6 turnovers through 2 games. Also, the Ravens gave up just 3.1 yards per carry today.

They do need to dial up some more pressure because Vick had all day to throw today and no secondary can cover for that long without someone getting open.
"There are six, seven players in front of me [financially] at my position that I honestly wouldn't let hold my jock, and I don't even wear one."- Ed Reed

"Your a joke." -Mr. GM

#59 Larryterri

Larryterri

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

IMO, I think the defense will come around, but we cant go 4/14 on 3rd down. Need consistency, not offense of the week and JV league level offense the next.

Don't need heroes, just cant play like doo doo...
Super Bowl XLVII Champions!! GOD WILLS IT...

#60 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,714 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

They do need to dial up some more pressure because Vick had all day to throw today and no secondary can cover for that long without someone getting open.

Those 10 yard cushions certainly don't help our pass defense.