Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Markus92

Dean Pees has to go

200 posts in this topic

[quote name='Static' timestamp='1347833968' post='1154575']
We are playing nothing near Ravens Defense. I doubt if we make a top 10 D. Pats will have a field day.
[/quote] Pats got beat by the Arizona Cardinals at home.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1347834090' post='1154586']
No, the difference is, I dont make premature and emotional judgments, like the OP of this thread does.
So, if by "keeping it real", you actually mean "keeping it real silly", then I must agree
[/quote]
I get what your saying ...But I'm saying he has to go because nothing will change with his play calling....We are not shaping up as a good defense under his coaching..He needs to Stick to LBs

[quote name='tctony' timestamp='1347832818' post='1154449']
[b]I agree.[/b]

He looks like Mattison 2.0.

The defense was not that pretty in Week 1 either.
[/quote]

Oh yeah. Because allowing 13 points to the Bengals is just terrible, isn't it? And I guess allowing 24 to an explosive offense like Philly is just inexcusable! Wow.

Oaky Pees is shwon the door.
Are YOU prepaired to replace him ?
No then WHO ?

Thank you very much.

BTW for having "zero pass rush " Vick sure was on his back a lot.

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1347837363' post='1154804']
No then WHO ?

Thank you very much.

[/quote]
You're absolutely right. You cant just make a coaching change in the middle of a season and expect immediate results. Not having Suggs also doesn't help. The only guy that I could see being worthy of replacing Pees is our DB coach; I cant think of his name right now.

pees must think he is with the past patriots defenses today. there are some teams that are efficient without blitzing all that much but the ravens are not one of them. we are built by stacking the line. there were wayy too many questionable calls like sending 3 people on a 3rd and 2 and not pinning our ears back on 3rd and very long. we live and die by our pass rush and it showed today. i'd rather have a san diego game where we atleast attempt to blitz and fail than not even blitz at all. i gave him a pass last week but this was terrible. the only positives from our defense today were that ed reed is still mr right place right time and we improved setting the edge (but our pass coverage got worse as a consequence). we cannot survive in this league giving wr's like desean jackson HUGE games when we are certainly capable of containing him.

[quote name='SirPainalot' timestamp='1347832678' post='1154430']
It's sad too since we have such a great history of defensive coordinators. Then we lose 'em.

It was very bland playcalling today. Defenders got beat plenty of times too.
[/quote]

Umm do you remember our DC before Pags, Nothing but 3 man rush prevent defense. Must have a short term memory.

talking about replacing him is silly, but discussing his defensive schemes and how horrible they have been is not. Bengals tore us up rushing in week 1, what absolutely puzzles me is pees decides to stop sending pressure after the eagles starting LT, and C goes down. Makes zero sense..is he that damn stubborn to stick to cover 3 or 4 when vick throw after throw is burning us. But as noted above, lots of poor tackling, people not staying in their lanes, and with that line the eagles had by the end of the game , i was quite surprised that our 3 and 4 man rushes weren't getting the slightest bit of pressure. But listen bottom line guys we gave up 500 yards of offense today. something is really wrong and we gotta go to work. and pray for suggs achilles : )

No then WHO ?

Thank you very much.

[/quote]
everytime we hit vick it was like 2 or 3 seconds after he threw the ball lol thats not pressure

I was content with the playcalling until that awful prevent started to rear its ugly head in the 4th and Celek was WIDE OPEN for 20 yards a clip.

He was getting pressure with 2nd stringers along the front 7. That takes ability and creativity.

[quote name='tctony' timestamp='1347833601' post='1154532']
One of the worst plays I have ever seen Reed make.
[/quote]
Tell you the truth, it wasn't that bad of a play on Reed, I actually feel the call was BS and should have been chalked up as incidental contact. Ed tried to clearly jump up and bat the ball down and the motion of doing that, of course your arms are going to come down in the motion that Ed's arm came down barely, I reapeat, BARELY hitting Vick in the helmet.

[quote name='wayne' timestamp='1347841695' post='1155062']
Tell you the truth, it wasn't that bad of a play on Reed, I actually feel the call was BS and should have been chalked up as incidental contact. Ed tried to clearly jump up and bat the ball down and the motion of doing that, of course your arms are going to come down in the motion that Ed's arm came down barely, I reapeat, BARELY hitting Vick in the helmet.
[/quote]

I'm referring to the Maclin TD.

[/quote]I think he was referring to the maclin touchdown, where both c.williams and reed let maclin get behind them, could be wrong tho and i said something about this penalty in a previous thread. the roughing the passer gave them the ball at the 1 essentially handing them a touchdown, ed's hands barely touched vick, should not have been a penalty

Ok, different play. Yea, either him or Cary should have stayed back but that's what happens when facing a QB like Vick who can kill you with his feet.

No then WHO ?

Thank you very much.

[/quote]

People said the same thing about Billy Cundiff, Dominque Foxworth. Guess what, they are replaceable.

If anyone our FO can do it. We have a history of bringing in top tier defense coordinator talent day in day out. Just look @ all the coordinator that started out in Ravens organization, and now are head coaches/has been coaches.

Dean Pees is definately replaceable. But I give him time. Pass rush were sloppy, secondary coverage werent tight, but we'll get this through.

[quote name='Markus92' timestamp='1347838545' post='1154855']

everytime we hit vick it was like 2 or 3 seconds after he threw the ball lol thats not pressure
[/quote]
You are telling me Ngata running right for you at full speed is not pressuer ?

[/quote]

That was a bad call. It reminded me of the game where Suggs barely graized Princes Bradeys helmet with his arm hair and got fifteen yards out of it.

he must have no confidence in the corners to play them as far back as the 1st down markers. every pass was a completion with no ravens in the area. i don't care how good our offense is, we won't compete with that defensive performance every week. we won't be saved by turnovers every week either. an even bigger test for our d next week. gotta make something work.

[quote name='Ravenseconbeast' timestamp='1347843154' post='1155140']

People said the same thing about Billy Cundiff, Dominque Foxworth. Guess what, they are replaceable.

If anyone our FO can do it. We have a history of bringing in top tier defense coordinator talent day in day out. Just look @ all the coordinator that started out in Ravens organization, and now are head coaches/has been coaches.

Dean Pees is definately replaceable. But I give him time. Pass rush were sloppy, secondary coverage werent tight, but we'll get this through.
[/quote]

Oh well since he is so easily replaceable fire him then and our FO will bring in another Pagano and the world will be fine.
I was wrong. my bad.

everyone needs to go. Fire the owner, GM, Harbs, the coordinators, Flacco Rice Pitta Dickson Lewis Reed Ngata Suggs

Just everyone!

[img]http://emcastellan.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/sweeney-todd-they-all-deserve-to-die.jpeg[/img]

[quote name='Yum Chickens' timestamp='1347844086' post='1155176']
everyone needs to go. Fire the owner, GM, Harbs, the coordinators, Flacco Rice Pitta Dickson Lewis Reed Ngata Suggs

Just everyone!

[/quote]

Cept' Poe. He wasnt even there.

We good with Pees and you gotta understand, we are playing with 4 OLB's with pretty much limited experience and we are with out our DPOY in Suggs so that has to be taken into consideration in a major way. Eagles made the Niners D look like hot garbage last season , Vick takes away from how much you can open up your defensive play calling if that makes any sense.

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1347838876' post='1154879']
it's just week 2 and 1 loss! chill! smh!

~Mili
[/quote]

That may be, but I'm sure that was said with Mattison and he never got any better. It's not about the defense playing bad this week or that week, it's about the mentality. Pees' defensive scheme throughout his career does not fit with the aggressive mindset the fans expect this team to have on defense, and the inadequacy of the scheme in this area is only made worse by the absence of our only proven pass rusher.

On a positive note; the Defense has given up 18.5 ppg and forced 6 turnovers through 2 games. Also, the Ravens gave up just 3.1 yards per carry today.

They do need to dial up some more pressure because Vick had all day to throw today and no secondary can cover for that long without someone getting open.

IMO, I think the defense will come around, but we cant go 4/14 on 3rd down. Need consistency, not offense of the week and JV league level offense the next.

Don't need heroes, just cant play like doo doo...

[quote name='JohnnyBoy8102' timestamp='1347844855' post='1155215']
They do need to dial up some more pressure because Vick had all day to throw today and no secondary can cover for that long without someone getting open.
[/quote]

Those 10 yard cushions certainly don't help our pass defense.