Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Markus92

Dean Pees has to go

200 posts in this topic

Im tired of having defensive coordinators who sit back every play and run cover 3 and cover 4 hoping and praying that are defensive stars make crazy miraculous plays...Think about it if we wouldn't have had those 2 redzone fumbles, all of us would be calling for his head....Hes awful and is given too much responsibly...RUN MAN!!! BLITZ !!! what are you scared of? We aren't gonna win with the schedule we have playing scared...We have to attack offenses like that.... not to mention we don't have a superior pash rusher...You have to get creative guy...BC even in the cinch game....Even since ATL preseason game...You have been awful and making our defense look soft....

This should be a fun thread. I'll get it started....

Why weren't you whining last week?

Also, if it weren't for Reed trying to mug Vick instead of dropping back into coverage (Reed's fault, not Pees), Maclin doesn't get a walk in TD and the score / outcome of game is very different then. Would this thread still exist in that scenario?

It's sad too since we have such a great history of defensive coordinators. Then we lose 'em.

It was very bland playcalling today. Defenders got beat plenty of times too.

his schemes seemed so vanilla today. seems there was a lack of game time adjustments, our secondary got lit up and there was absolutely no pass rush. def shouldnt be fired after the second game, week one his calls looked great

Relax, guys. It's one loss. We build on what our mistakes are and correct them. If it becomes a consistent problem, then you have an argument. Right now, no.

[quote name='Chris J. Faria' timestamp='1347832863' post='1154456']
This thread can be summed-up in two videos. First, for an introduction...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtRCqxpyxnY[/media]

As for everyone's reaction...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI[/media]
[/quote]

Nicely played, haha

The defense was awful last week too, don't be fooled. Had the offense not been clicking and the game stayed close Green-Ellis would've killed us.

Don't jump the gun....

I do agree to an extent though. We don't have the personnel right now to sit back in zones and have 3-4 guys rushing. Would definitely be happy with some more aggressiveness

[quote name='SirPainalot' timestamp='1347832678' post='1154430']
It's sad too since we have such a great history of defensive coordinators. Then we lose 'em.

It was very bland playcalling today. [b]Defenders got beat plenty of times too.[/b]
[/quote]

THAT is what our problem was. Players not doing their friggin' job.

But before it sounds like I'm exempting Pees, I strongly disagree with the way he abandoned the rush in the second half. He made the wrong adjustments.

But to call for his head due to one bad half of football is ludicrous.

We really do need to blitz more often though. Especially without Sizzle out there. We lost by 1 point on the road against a hungry team that was told they sucked and had no shot all week. Reminds me of when we played Indy in the playoffs and everyone said we would run all over them and they stuffed us. Lets bring the blitz!!!!!

During the final drive I couldn't believe Pees was letting Vick pick him apart after witnessing #7 being on target all day when he had time.

He was so conservative I believe it would make Mattison blush.

[u]In his defense[/u] Pees called the game well enough to get plenty of turnovers, problem is "the best quarterback in the NFL" played poor.

[quote name='Hardbaugh' timestamp='1347833118' post='1154493']
[u]In his defense[/u] Pees called the game well enough to get plenty of turnovers, [b]problem is "the best quarterback in the NFL" played poor.[/b]
[/quote]

So did the OL who was supposed to protect him, and the idiot calling pass after pass after pass against the best secondary in the league when Rice is averaging 9+ yards per carry.

I know you cant stand Flacco (whether you want to deny that or not), but at least have the decency to point out ALL the facts.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1347833319' post='1154511']
So did the OL who was supposed to protect him, and the idiot calling pass after pass after pass against the best secondary in the league when Rice is averaging 9+ yards per carry.

I know you cant stand Flacco (whether you want to deny that or not), but at least have the decency to point out ALL the facts.
[/quote]
LOL cant you tell by the amount of posts he has that he's a complete Flacco hater.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1347832644' post='1154425']
This should be a fun thread. I'll get it started....

Why weren't you whining last week?

Also, if it weren't for Reed trying to mug Vick instead of dropping back into coverage (Reed's fault, not Pees), Maclin doesn't get a walk in TD and the score / outcome of game is very different then. Would this thread still exist in that scenario?
[/quote]
I Said i felt this way since the FALCONS game...Whats the point of saying it when we win? Im happy when we win...Do you honestly think He called a good game? If so you don't know football lol...Vick having 371 PASSING yards is definitely the scheme and getting out coached... We didn't get outplayed....How many receivers were WIDE OPEN due to us running zone every play? OH OK....

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1347832644' post='1154425']
[/quote]

One of the worst plays I have ever seen Reed make.

Dan pees has to Improve.
The has to go stuff. Please it's week 2. He ain't leaving anytime soon

[quote name='Markus92' timestamp='1347833593' post='1154530']
I Said i felt this way since the FALCONS game...Whats the point of saying it when we win? Im happy when we win...Do you honestly think He called a good game? If so you don't know football lol...Vick having 371 PASSING yards is definitely the scheme and getting out coached... We didn't get outplayed....How many receivers were WIDE OPEN due to us running zone every play? OH OK....
[/quote]
The DBs also played bad, once Pollard left the whole Defense got worse.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1347832939' post='1154464']
Nicely played, haha
[/quote] You really like Pees lmao are you his boot shiner or something? I'm a ravens like you i just keep it real so i guess thats the difference

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1347833319' post='1154511']
[/quote]

[u]Your statement is only true in your own mind. [/u]

I'm a Ravens fan and root hard for Flacco to succeed and play well . I'd love to come here and say great job by Flacco he is elite but don't expect me to make excuses for him like you and your ilk do.

He's only consistent at being inconsistent.

[quote name='Markus92' timestamp='1347833593' post='1154530']
[/quote]

Fair enough, you did say since the Falcons game.

Do I think he called a good game? I thought the first half was excellent; the 2nd hal was crap. So overall I'd give him a C.

But there are two facts that need to be pointed out here:

1. It is VERY poor judgement to call for a guy's head after two games (one of which we blew out the opposition, including the game sealing INT returned for a TD)

2. You are giving the defense too much credit for their sloppy play.

[quote name='Hardbaugh' timestamp='1347833798' post='1154554']
[u]Your statement is only true in your own mind. [/u]

I'm a Ravens fan and root hard for Flacco to succeed and play well . I'd love to come here and say great job by Flacco he is elite but don't expect me to make excuses for him like you and your ilk do.

He's only consistent at being inconsistent.
[/quote]

No, my "ilk" aren't biased idiots. Not saying that you are one.

[size=1]not saying you're not either[/size]

[quote name='Hardbaugh' timestamp='1347833118' post='1154493']
During the final drive I couldn't believe Pees was letting Vick pick him apart after witnessing #7 being on target all day when he had time.

He was so conservative I believe it would make Mattison blush.

[u]In his defense[/u] Pees called the game well enough to get plenty of turnovers, problem is "the best quarterback in the NFL" played poor.
[/quote]

Love how you ignorantly bring Flacco into every thread. Its actually quite impressive!

[quote name='Markus92' timestamp='1347833685' post='1154540']
You really like Pees lmao are you his boot shiner or something? I'm a ravens like you i just keep it real so i guess thats the difference
[/quote]

No, the difference is, I dont make premature and emotional judgments, like the OP of this thread does.
So, if by "keeping it real", you actually mean "keeping it real silly", then I must agree

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1347833868' post='1154561']
Fair enough, you did say since the Falcons game.

Do I think he called a good game? I thought the first half was excellent; the 2nd hal was crap. So overall I'd give him a C.

But there are two facts that need to be pointed out here:

1. It is VERY poor judgement to call for a guy's head after two games (one of which we blew out the opposition, including the game sealing INT returned for a TD)

2. You are giving the defense too much credit for their sloppy play.
[/quote]
I can agree....But I just feel that he has been running zone way too much...Let our corners actually get beat ...I know they are frustrated because they aren't competing against a person when they are in zone....they are reading the qbs eyes and playing the windows..... In addition no pressure makes it waaayyyy to easy for a veteran QB

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1347833959' post='1154573']
No, my "ilk" aren't biased idiots. Not saying that you are one.

[size=1]not saying you're not either[/size]
[/quote]
I see what you did there