Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ratedr

Flacco injured?

34 posts in this topic

[quote name='Moderator 2' timestamp='1347832194' post='1154369']
Yes Jason Butt and I got laughed at for mentioning it in another thread
[/quote]I saw that, some of these new posters man I swear.

You could tell something was wrong by his demeanor on the bench from the second quarter on. Just wasn't Joe.

In a game that featured both a porcelain passer and an NFL ironman who has never missed a game, Flacco is the one who's injured. What irony.

[quote name='tsizzle95' timestamp='1347846265' post='1155295']
doesnt surprise me, he was on the ground all game long
[/quote]
The Oline is so inconsistent. The run blocking is actually pretty impressive though.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1347831990' post='1154351']
I'm hearing Flacco sustained a rib injury. Any confirmation?
[/quote]
Where are you hearing this? Any sources?

[quote name='izvoodoo' timestamp='1347846663' post='1155322']
The Oline is so inconsistent. The run blocking is actually pretty impressive though.
[/quote]

well given that it is really there second week with all of them together, i think we can give them a little pass. I do agree though, they seem to be able to run block very well

[quote name='darklight1216' timestamp='1347846635' post='1155320']
In a game that featured both a porcelain passer and an NFL ironman who has never missed a game, Flacco is the one who's injured. What irony.
[/quote]

I'm still trying to figure out how Vick finished that game. He was getting flattened even worse than Joe. Even with little pressure he was still getting hit.

[quote name='tsizzle95' timestamp='1347846837' post='1155335']
well given that it is really there second week with all of them together, i think we can give them a little pass. I do agree though, [b]they seem to be able to run block very well[/b]
[/quote]

Until the defense keyed in on stopping Rice. They're not good enough to shove a running back down the other team's throat.

[quote name='izvoodoo' timestamp='1347846749' post='1155327']
Where are you hearing this? Any sources?
[/quote]https://twitter.com/MybabyFlacco5/status/247442033608896513

Kevin Van Valkenburg from the Sun RTed it.

Oddly, I'd feel better if this is truly the case since I thought Joe looked different in the second half, like awholelotofhaloti said. I hope it's something he can recover from quickly. He seemed fine and smiling towards the end and in press conferences, so I doubt it's anything too serious, but it would explain the inaccuracy and strange attitude.

[quote name='ravensfan160' timestamp='1347883430' post='1155946']
All the more reason to run the ball in the second half when we have a 2 score lead.
[/quote]

no no no... you mean the same playcalling that gave up almost all our 4th quarter leads last year from 3 and outs by running out the clock. even if we ran the ball vick would've tore us apart because we would just keep punting over and over. we have to stick to not taking the foot off the pedal. it was 1 game.

[quote name='ravensfan160' timestamp='1347883430' post='1155946']
All the more reason to run the ball in the second half when we have a 2 score lead.
[/quote]
Ray Rice...
Had 2.6
Yards a Carry
In the Second half.
The oline just got beat up. Maybe because they're so young.

[quote name='izvoodoo' timestamp='1347890162' post='1156045']
Ray Rice...
Had 2.6
Yards a Carry
In the Second half.
The oline just got beat up. Maybe because they're so young.
[/quote]

It was only 6 carries, and many of them were draws and delays. If we would have went out there with 21 personnel and actually ran an inside or outside zone instead of calling stupid draw plays it might have been a different story.

Why does Cam call so many damn draws and delays?! I hate those kind of runs.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1347979119' post='1157649']

It was only 6 carries, and many of them were draws and delays. If we would have went out there with 21 personnel and actually ran an inside or outside zone instead of calling stupid draw plays it might have been a different story.

[/quote]

I HATE draws and delays! HATE HATE HATE them!

Ok getting away from the offensive playcalling, and back to the original topic. You could definitely tell that something wasn't right as the game wore on. Joe was a little slow getting up after he was hit a few times, and you could just tell by how he was throwing that something wasn't right. His throws were just hanging in the air, his mechanics were WAAAAAYYY off, he was throwing off of his back foot and just lofting balls over everyone's head. Even the one bomb to torrey smith was way underthrown, he had to come back to grab it.

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1347981930' post='1157699']
[/quote]

I understand that Rice is the explosive kind of back that draws/delays are built for but they are terrible plays!!! Just run the ball! Actually run it! Draws never work consistently! They are so stupid! That's one of my biggest beefs with Cam.

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1347981930' post='1157699']
[/quote]

I hate them too (for us). But if you have a passing game to fear, the draws and delays work really well. But we aren't to that point yet.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1347979119' post='1157649']

[/quote]
Draws work well against the the Wide 9.