69 replies to this topic

#41 PurpleCityLights

PurpleCityLights

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

If by interceptions, you mean the single one that he actually threw, and however many you imagined he threw then yes. The fumble was the result of the Eagles pass rush getting lucky.

There are no easy fumbles in the NFL....

#42 Medications

Medications

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

We were creative using leach the first half and didn't use him at all in the second. Give it to leach on 3rd and 2 I bet he barrels through
- Ryan |Posted Image | Posted Image

#43 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

There are no easy fumbles in the NFL....

Hence the luck. The pocket collapsed in a very unlikely way, and the Babin just barely got enough of his hand past Osemele to knock the ball away.

#44 RavensWin09

RavensWin09

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

can we please just do a quick PA to rice with joe scrambling to his right or HB screen? is it that hard to call cam? we don't need any shotgun bullcrap when its that short. BTW, thanks for abandoning the no huddle. i knew i couldn't trust him. what happened to the offense belonging to joe? we need a clean slate of coordinators next year if this doesn't get better.

Edited by RavensWin09, 16 September 2012 - 06:39 PM.

#45 tsizzle95

tsizzle95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

Rice averaged something like 8 ypc, but we kept throwing. Very frustrating.

the only reason he was averaging 8 yards was because we were passing so much....
Posted Image

#46 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,931 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

the only reason he was averaging 8 yards was because we were passing so much....

We threw it 15 or 16 times in the first half. Not much. Rice was gashing them all half and then BAM. We come out with back to back 3 and outs with 0 run plays! Excellent!
Posted Image

#47 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

We threw it 15 or 16 times in the first half. Not much. Rice was gashing them all half and then BAM. We come out with back to back 3 and outs with 0 run plays! Excellent!

In the second half, Rice was averaging 2.6 yards per carry.

#48 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

There D line just Teed off.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#49 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

Yeah. They locked down our passing game hard (whether or not it was all within the bounds of the rules is up for debate), and so their D line was able to keep us from running. That's just how it is. If Rice is running for two yards per carry when it isn't obvious that we need to run, then how far is he going to get when they know that we have no choice. If I were the OC, I'd put Boldin, Doss, Pitta, and Rice on the field and expect one of them to get open for me.

#50 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,931 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

This has nothing to do with the first half that I was referring to. We come out after half and go with two consecutive 3 and outs while not running Rice once.
Posted Image

#51 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

We have Ray Rice and Vonta Leach in the backfield and Cameron calls 3 or 4 straight passes on 3rd and 2... are you kidding me? Thankfully, this will be Cameron's last year. Enough is enough.

I hope so.....Cam has no ingame adjustment at all; I wonder does he ever look at the opposing defense scheme? and he is a control freak....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#52 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

This has nothing to do with the first half that I was referring to. We come out after half and go with two consecutive 3 and outs while not running Rice once.

I was talking more about the final drive of the game, and most of the second half, but they were handling the running game effectively from the middle of the second quarter.

#53 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

I hope so.....Cam has no ingame adjustment at all; I wonder does he ever look at the opposing defense scheme? and he is a control freak....

Come to think of it, isn't the offense not adjusting to an effective defense the reason we lost to the Titans and Jags (and the Seahawks, though we would still have won if it weren't for the turnovers)?

#54 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

Come to think of it, isn't the offense not adjusting to an effective defense the reason we lost to the Titans and Jags (and the Seahawks, though we would still have won if it weren't for the turnovers)?

We're human so we do make mistakes but if we know they put 2 safeties in back all the time and replacing with passing down LBs, u're suggesting we just keep throwing the ball? or if they stack up everyone at the LOS, we're going to run at them?

It's called hard headed playcalling or ignorant playcalling.....

Cam again put a shackle over Joe's neck and again....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#55 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

We're human so we do make mistakes but if we know they put 2 safeties in back all the time and replacing with passing down LBs, u're suggesting we just keep throwing the ball? or if they stack up everyone at the LOS, we're going to run at them?

It's called hard headed playcalling or ignorant playcalling.....

Cam again put a shackle over Joe's neck and again....

Yeah. I have no idea what happened. We put up 44 points on what was projected to be the second best defense in the AFCN using the no huddle, then we tone it down and later give up on it entirely not a game later. Even when it became clear that the Oline couldn't adequately protect Joe.

#56 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

Yeah. I have no idea what happened. We put up 44 points on what was projected to be the second best defense in the AFCN using the no huddle, then we tone it down and later give up on it entirely not a game later. Even when it became clear that the Oline couldn't adequately protect Joe.

The reason Harbs inserted 2 rookies into our Oline is that they are young, physical, and fast so we can call no huddle offense. Cam let Joe play himself the first half and in "God" Cam's hand, he took over the game and put Joe back in the cage.

We let their defense back onto their feet cuz we gave them time to rest and less time for us to adjust to their defense set up when we go into huddle and then have 10s to work with.

I know the refs did a bad job but Cam even did very bad job cuz he's scared and didn't trust Joe.

I want to say this bad; I want us to win and lose in Joe's hands not in Cam's hands cuz we have enough of losing games in his hands.

Before the Eagles game, I was so worried that we're going back to the old Cam's playcallings......

The playcallings can be basic and predictable, but it won't be predictable when our QB calls it based the opposing defense given.....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#57 LouieDaLug

LouieDaLug

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

Ravens were 0-6 in third down conversions of 2 yards or less in this game. Ravens threw the ball all six times when attempting to convert. Six times the ball fell incomplete and on most of them, they were badly incomplete.

Vonte Leach was brought in specifically for short yardage situations, yet he was not used in those situations. Why?

Horriblebaugh will continue to defend his good friend Cameron and the team will suffer.

I hope Biscotti has had enough, I know this entire city has.

Time to tell Horriblebaugh that Cameron has to go.

Edited by LouieDaLug, 17 September 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#58 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,031 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

Its pretty funny how Cameron can never win. If we can't convert something its Cams fault. If rice would have ran and been stopped everyone would say "Why the [bleep] would we run on 3rd down? Cam sucks, here sign this petition!"

Edited by Ravens<3, 17 September 2012 - 10:30 AM.

2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#59 JEEPercreepermd

JEEPercreepermd

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

Ok I haven't read through to see if there is another thread like this if so, i'm sure the mods will merge it. But here we go.

Ray Rice- 16 carries for 99 yds yesterday. HE WAS GASHING THEM...yet we don't put the ball in his hands on 3rd down at all!

I swear they Ran the same 3rd and 2 play 3 times in a row yesterday..for 3 incomplete passes.

I am sorry that my post isn't really flowing nicely, but I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around this one. I'm not even putting this loss on Joe. Sure, his second half was terrible. But he DID throw what should have been a TD that would have sealed the game in the 4th quarter..called back by the official idiots.

Where were all of the different looks that we kept giving the bengals last week? Where was the "up tempo" offense in the 2nd half? It looked like once again the Offense went into a shell once we were up by 10 against a quality opponent..on the road. We payed for it..yet again.

Even though the defense was giving up yards, they were forcing Vick into mistakes and getting turnovers.

We SHOULD have won that game by ATLEAST 10.

We let the eagles off the hook yesterday and I feel sick.
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

#60 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,675 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

Ok I haven't read through to see if there is another thread like this if so, i'm sure the mods will merge it. But here we go.

Ray Rice- 16 carries for 99 yds yesterday. HE WAS GASHING THEM...yet we don't put the ball in his hands on 3rd down at all!

I swear they Ran the same 3rd and 2 play 3 times in a row yesterday..for 3 incomplete passes.

Thanks for thinking of us. We really didn't have anything else to do today other than deal with trolls, meltdowns, and an exceptional amount of profanity.
15fqib6.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users