Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ratedr

3rd and short

70 posts in this topic

[quote name='757RavensFan' timestamp='1347830101' post='1154118']
We were less than 30% converting on 3rd down in the 2nd half and you want to blame that loss on one bad call? Which BTW in my opinion, Jones did push off! 10 pts off of 4 turnovers is on the offense, not the refs!
[/quote]He had to push off, the CB was holding him lol

[quote name='D-Rey' timestamp='1347832495' post='1154407']
He had to push off, the CB was holding him lol
[/quote]

Seriously. This is exactly what happened in the @Pitt game last year.

Cam's great when he gets an entire offseason to gameplan. Not so good when he needs to adjust during the game. I'd like to see how Caldwell calls a game, seriously.

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1347830488' post='1154169']
Where the hell were our receivers anyway? 16/22 passes went to either RBs or TEs. Last week it was 13/21. It seems like the only times a receiver gets a catch, it's a short dump off, or its a long catch that only happens because a corner screwed up. Between not having any receivers open and the Eagles pass rush, the offense was set up to lose. If our receivers don't work on getting open, then our offense isn't going to stand a chance.
[/quote]

Kind of hard to get open when your WRers are getting raped alllllllllll the way down the football
Field......

[quote name='Blex64' timestamp='1347832569' post='1154414']
Seriously. This is exactly what happened in the @Pitt game last year.
[/quote]Ya thats what I was thinking

[quote name='FerrariFan87' timestamp='1347829786' post='1154066']
We have Ray Rice and Vonta Leach in the backfield and Cameron calls 3 or 4 straight passes on 3rd and 2... are you kidding me? Thankfully, this will be Cameron's last year. Enough is enough.
[/quote]
Terrible play-calling. Especially when you can see their DB's mauling our receivers all day long with no interference calls, and Rice is averaging 9.5 yds/carry. Whether you can blame the refs or not, why persist in calling plays that are obviously not working?
They studied our new offense, and figured a way to blow it up by exploiting horrible officiating. We needed to make adjustments to that, and we didn't.
Can't really blame Flacco for lack of execution when his receivers are being held and can't get under the ball

[quote name='PurpleCityLights' timestamp='1347832696' post='1154432']
Kind of hard to get open when your WRers are getting raped alllllllllll the way down the football
Field......
[/quote]
Amen.

[quote name='MTRavensFan' timestamp='1347832808' post='1154448']

Terrible play-calling. Especially when you can see their DB's mauling our receivers all day long with no interference calls, and Rice is averaging 9.5 yds/carry. Whether you can blame the refs or not, why persist in calling plays that are obviously not working?
They studied our new offense, and figured a way to blow it up by exploiting horrible officiating. We needed to make adjustments to that, and we didn't.
Can't really blame Flacco for lack of execution when his receivers are being held and can't get under the ball
[/quote]

No......but we can blame him for those INTs and fumble.

[quote name='PurpleCityLights' timestamp='1347832970' post='1154469']
No......but we can blame him for those INTs and fumble.
[/quote]
If by interceptions, you mean the single one that he actually threw, and however many you imagined he threw then yes. The fumble was the result of the Eagles pass rush getting lucky.

[quote name='PurpleCityLights' timestamp='1347832696' post='1154432']
Field......
[/quote]
Nnamdi especially. I still can't believe they called Jones for pass interference on that TD. It was shameful.

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1347833580' post='1154528']

If by interceptions, you mean the single one that he actually threw, and however many you imagined he threw then yes. The fumble was the result of the Eagles pass rush getting lucky.
[/quote]

There are no easy fumbles in the NFL....

We were creative using leach the first half and didn't use him at all in the second. Give it to leach on 3rd and 2 I bet he barrels through

[quote name='PurpleCityLights' timestamp='1347834262' post='1154600']
There are no easy fumbles in the NFL....
[/quote]
Hence the luck. The pocket collapsed in a very unlikely way, and the Babin just barely got enough of his hand past Osemele to knock the ball away.

can we please just do a quick PA to rice with joe scrambling to his right or HB screen? is it that hard to call cam? we don't need any shotgun bullcrap when its that short. BTW, thanks for abandoning the no huddle. i knew i couldn't trust him. what happened to the offense belonging to joe? we need a clean slate of coordinators next year if this doesn't get better.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1347829445' post='1154021']
Rice averaged something like 8 ypc, but we kept throwing. Very frustrating.
[/quote]
the only reason he was averaging 8 yards was because we were passing so much....

[quote name='tsizzle95' timestamp='1347847423' post='1155371']

the only reason he was averaging 8 yards was because we were passing so much....
[/quote]

We threw it 15 or 16 times in the first half. Not much. Rice was gashing them all half and then BAM. We come out with back to back 3 and outs with 0 run plays! Excellent!

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1347847579' post='1155381']
We threw it 15 or 16 times in the first half. Not much. Rice was gashing them all half and then BAM. We come out with back to back 3 and outs with 0 run plays! Excellent!
[/quote]
In the second half, Rice was averaging 2.6 yards per carry.

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1347886956' post='1155988']
[/quote]
There D line just Teed off.

Yeah. They locked down our passing game hard (whether or not it was all within the bounds of the rules is up for debate), and so their D line was able to keep us from running. That's just how it is. If Rice is running for two yards per carry when it isn't obvious that we need to run, then how far is he going to get when they know that we have no choice. If I were the OC, I'd put Boldin, Doss, Pitta, and Rice on the field and expect one of them to get open for me.

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1347886956' post='1155988']

[/quote]

This has nothing to do with the first half that I was referring to. We come out after half and go with two consecutive 3 and outs while not running Rice once.

[quote name='FerrariFan87' timestamp='1347829786' post='1154066']
We have Ray Rice and Vonta Leach in the backfield and Cameron calls 3 or 4 straight passes on 3rd and 2... are you kidding me? Thankfully, [b]this will be Cameron's last year[/b]. Enough is enough.
[/quote]
I hope so.....Cam has no ingame adjustment at all; I wonder does he ever look at the opposing defense scheme? and he is a control freak....

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1347888620' post='1156013']
This has nothing to do with the first half that I was referring to. We come out after half and go with two consecutive 3 and outs while not running Rice once.
[/quote]
I was talking more about the final drive of the game, and most of the second half, but they were handling the running game effectively from the middle of the second quarter.

[quote name='AsianRice' timestamp='1347888801' post='1156017']
I hope so.....Cam has no ingame adjustment at all; I wonder does he ever look at the opposing defense scheme? and he is a control freak....
[/quote]
Come to think of it, isn't the offense not adjusting to an effective defense the reason we lost to the Titans and Jags (and the Seahawks, though we would still have won if it weren't for the turnovers)?

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1347888901' post='1156021']
Come to think of it, isn't the offense not adjusting to an effective defense the reason we lost to the Titans and Jags (and the Seahawks, though we would still have won if it weren't for the turnovers)?
[/quote]
We're human so we do make mistakes but if we know they put 2 safeties in back all the time and replacing with passing down LBs, u're suggesting we just keep throwing the ball? or if they stack up everyone at the LOS, we're going to run at them?

It's called hard headed playcalling or ignorant playcalling.....

Cam again put a shackle over Joe's neck and again....

[quote name='AsianRice' timestamp='1347889554' post='1156031']
We're human so we do make mistakes but if we know they put 2 safeties in back all the time and replacing with passing down LBs, u're suggesting we just keep throwing the ball? or if they stack up everyone at the LOS, we're going to run at them?

It's called hard headed playcalling or ignorant playcalling.....

Cam again put a shackle over Joe's neck and again....
[/quote]
Yeah. I have no idea what happened. We put up 44 points on what was projected to be the second best defense in the AFCN using the no huddle, then we tone it down and later give up on it entirely not a game later. Even when it became clear that the Oline couldn't adequately protect Joe.

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1347890945' post='1156062']
Yeah. I have no idea what happened. We put up 44 points on what was projected to be the second best defense in the AFCN using the no huddle, then we tone it down and later give up on it entirely not a game later. Even when it became clear that the Oline couldn't adequately protect Joe.
[/quote]
The reason Harbs inserted 2 rookies into our Oline is that they are young, physical, and fast so we can call no huddle offense. Cam let Joe play himself the first half and in "God" Cam's hand, he took over the game and put Joe back in the cage.

We let their defense back onto their feet cuz we gave them time to rest and less time for us to adjust to their defense set up when we go into huddle and then have 10s to work with.

I know the refs did a bad job but Cam even did very bad job cuz he's scared and didn't trust Joe.

I want to say this bad; I want us to win and lose in Joe's hands not in Cam's hands cuz we have enough of losing games in his hands.

Before the Eagles game, I was so worried that we're going back to the old Cam's playcallings......

The playcallings can be basic and predictable, but it won't be predictable when our QB calls it based the opposing defense given.....

Ravens were 0-6 in third down conversions of 2 yards or less in this game. Ravens threw the ball all six times when attempting to convert. Six times the ball fell incomplete and on most of them, they were badly incomplete.

Vonte Leach was brought in specifically for short yardage situations, yet he was not used in those situations. Why?

Horriblebaugh will continue to defend his good friend Cameron and the team will suffer.

I hope Biscotti has had enough, I know this entire city has.

Time to tell Horriblebaugh that Cameron has to go.

Its pretty funny how Cameron can never win. If we can't convert something its Cams fault. If rice would have ran and been stopped everyone would say "Why the [bleep] would we run on 3rd down? Cam sucks, here sign this petition!"