Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ratedr

3rd and short

70 posts in this topic

Is there some sort of petition we can sign and send to the team so they stop passing on third and short?

EVERY YEAR we have a 3rd and 2 at some critical point, and we can never convert.

Especially today when Rice was gashing the defense. It's very frustrating.

We need to be under center a lot of times in these situations so the threat of the run has more of an impact; If you do shotgun, get out of the 2 back and at least do 4 to 5 wide to make the reads easier for you by spreading out the D. I prefer under center though with the quick PA or run.

i count three 3rd and 2s where we passed incomplete. two of them were back-to-back. surely it's Cam's playcall, but Flacco must have had to option to change the play.

3rd and two

we have leach, rice, pierce, and an O-line that has been pushing pretty well all game
yet we no huddle quick pass to the bench

FIRE CAM CAMERON

Cam is still just as horrible as we remember. I sersiously could not beleive he didnt run it once, especially considering ray rice was gashing the eagles.

But not only were they passes they were all out patterns to the sidelines which is a tough long throw to begin with. Call a damn slant or short curl up the middle for christ sake.

Nope. Just the refs. We earned a 27-17 lead and they took it away from us. Anything that happened afterwards is irrelevant - we shouldn't be forced to win the game more than once.

man tell me about it we had two time outs left in the 4th with a minute to go only thing we had to do was quick pass to the middle...dang, we have to do better than that! the defense played their heart out and we cant convert on third and 2! at least we could have gotten a field goal we already hit from 56 and 51 give the rookie a chance!!

Also, it's nothing wrong with running the ball 3 straight times sometime Cam. You have to help Flacco out by running the ball . If this uptempo Cam. If this uptempo, no huddle deal is going to take away touches from Ray Rice, I'm against it.

At one point Rice was averaging 11 yards per carry and we never ran on 3rd and 2. It was obvious to every one that Joe was a little off but yet we continued to throw on 3 rd and short. Asinine

[quote name='GTRavens' timestamp='1347829088' post='1153955']
Nope. Just the refs. We earned a 27-17 lead and they took it away from us. Anything that happened afterwards is irrelevant - we shouldn't be forced to win the game more than once.
[/quote]The refs were awful but it wasn't just them. The offense was stagnant in the second half.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1347829164' post='1153974']
The refs were awful but it wasn't just them. The offense was stagnant in the second half.
[/quote]Ya the whole offense not just Flacco. I honestly think this defense is for real though and probably one of the best we will see all season.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1347829164' post='1153974']
The refs were awful but it wasn't just them. The offense was stagnant in the second half.
[/quote]

Nah, it was just them. We played well enough to win. If the refs don't call the ridiculous PI, we're 2-0.

[quote name='GTRavens' timestamp='1347829295' post='1153995']
Nah, it was just them. We played well enough to win. If the refs don't call the ridiculous PI, we're 2-0.
[/quote]

That was one play. we didnt convert on numerous 3rd downs. You cant blame the refs for our lack of execution on offense.

[quote name='757RavensFan' timestamp='1347829632' post='1154045']
That was one play. we didnt convert on numerous 3rd downs. You cant blame the refs for our lack of execution on offense.
[/quote]

That was one play that would have sealed a victory from us. Nothing else matters. We earned a victory and they stole it away from us. There's no reason for us to be forced to win a game twice. None whatsoever.

[quote name='757RavensFan' timestamp='1347829632' post='1154045']
[/quote]

But the offense did execute well enough (just barely) to win the game, and the refs made a terrible call to negate it.

We have Ray Rice and Vonta Leach in the backfield and Cameron calls 3 or 4 straight passes on 3rd and 2... are you kidding me? Thankfully, this will be Cameron's last year. Enough is enough.

We were less than 30% converting on 3rd down in the 2nd half and you want to blame that loss on one bad call? Which BTW in my opinion, Jones did push off! 10 pts off of 4 turnovers is on the offense, not the refs!

[quote name='GTRavens' timestamp='1347829295' post='1153995']
[/quote]

No we didn't. Eagles gave us 4 TO and we still lost.

Where the hell were our receivers anyway? 16/22 passes went to either RBs or TEs. Last week it was 13/21. It seems like the only times a receiver gets a catch, it's a short dump off, or its a long catch that only happens because a corner screwed up. Between not having any receivers open and the Eagles pass rush, the offense was set up to lose. If our receivers don't work on getting open, then our offense isn't going to stand a chance.

[quote name='Kwothdaraven' timestamp='1347829028' post='1153943']
Cam is still just as horrible as we remember. I sersiously could not beleive he didnt run it once, especially considering ray rice was gashing the eagles.

But not only were they passes they were all out patterns to the sidelines which is a tough long throw to begin with. Call a damn slant or short curl up the middle for christ sake.
[/quote]
Thank you, could not have said it better. i dont understand why the ravens dont run these plays. when watching other games you consistently see other teams go to slants or curls for short yardage situation. we never try, ever, and cannot throw over the middle of the field. i have tolerated camerons playcalling for far too long, im sick of it

[quote name='Crabcakes&Football' timestamp='1347830173' post='1154129']
No we didn't. Eagles gave us 4 TO and we still lost.
[/quote]

Right, because it's not like we earned those turnovers or anything.

horrible pass rush
horrible secondary play
joe looked bad

Just overall a bad performance, with that many turnovers we shouldnt lose. our coverage was so bad