Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ratedr

3rd and short

70 posts in this topic

Is there some sort of petition we can sign and send to the team so they stop passing on third and short?

EVERY YEAR we have a 3rd and 2 at some critical point, and we can never convert.

Especially today when Rice was gashing the defense. It's very frustrating.

We need to be under center a lot of times in these situations so the threat of the run has more of an impact; If you do shotgun, get out of the 2 back and at least do 4 to 5 wide to make the reads easier for you by spreading out the D. I prefer under center though with the quick PA or run.

i count three 3rd and 2s where we passed incomplete. two of them were back-to-back. surely it's Cam's playcall, but Flacco must have had to option to change the play.

3rd and two

we have leach, rice, pierce, and an O-line that has been pushing pretty well all game
yet we no huddle quick pass to the bench

FIRE CAM CAMERON

Cam is still just as horrible as we remember. I sersiously could not beleive he didnt run it once, especially considering ray rice was gashing the eagles.

But not only were they passes they were all out patterns to the sidelines which is a tough long throw to begin with. Call a damn slant or short curl up the middle for christ sake.

Nope. Just the refs. We earned a 27-17 lead and they took it away from us. Anything that happened afterwards is irrelevant - we shouldn't be forced to win the game more than once.

man tell me about it we had two time outs left in the 4th with a minute to go only thing we had to do was quick pass to the middle...dang, we have to do better than that! the defense played their heart out and we cant convert on third and 2! at least we could have gotten a field goal we already hit from 56 and 51 give the rookie a chance!!

Also, it's nothing wrong with running the ball 3 straight times sometime Cam. You have to help Flacco out by running the ball . If this uptempo Cam. If this uptempo, no huddle deal is going to take away touches from Ray Rice, I'm against it.

rice was doing well today 3rd and two...run the ball!!!! at least you have the pa option aswell

At one point Rice was averaging 11 yards per carry and we never ran on 3rd and 2. It was obvious to every one that Joe was a little off but yet we continued to throw on 3 rd and short. Asinine

[quote name='GTRavens' timestamp='1347829088' post='1153955']
Nope. Just the refs. We earned a 27-17 lead and they took it away from us. Anything that happened afterwards is irrelevant - we shouldn't be forced to win the game more than once.
[/quote]The refs were awful but it wasn't just them. The offense was stagnant in the second half.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1347829164' post='1153974']
The refs were awful but it wasn't just them. The offense was stagnant in the second half.
[/quote]Ya the whole offense not just Flacco. I honestly think this defense is for real though and probably one of the best we will see all season.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1347829164' post='1153974']
The refs were awful but it wasn't just them. The offense was stagnant in the second half.
[/quote]

Nah, it was just them. We played well enough to win. If the refs don't call the ridiculous PI, we're 2-0.

[quote name='GTRavens' timestamp='1347829295' post='1153995']
Nah, it was just them. We played well enough to win. If the refs don't call the ridiculous PI, we're 2-0.
[/quote]

That was one play. we didnt convert on numerous 3rd downs. You cant blame the refs for our lack of execution on offense.

[quote name='757RavensFan' timestamp='1347829632' post='1154045']
That was one play. we didnt convert on numerous 3rd downs. You cant blame the refs for our lack of execution on offense.
[/quote]

That was one play that would have sealed a victory from us. Nothing else matters. We earned a victory and they stole it away from us. There's no reason for us to be forced to win a game twice. None whatsoever.

[quote name='757RavensFan' timestamp='1347829632' post='1154045']
[/quote]

But the offense did execute well enough (just barely) to win the game, and the refs made a terrible call to negate it.

We have Ray Rice and Vonta Leach in the backfield and Cameron calls 3 or 4 straight passes on 3rd and 2... are you kidding me? Thankfully, this will be Cameron's last year. Enough is enough.

Here comes the feed Ray Rice petitions. I agree though we should have run 3/4th of the time in that situation.

We were less than 30% converting on 3rd down in the 2nd half and you want to blame that loss on one bad call? Which BTW in my opinion, Jones did push off! 10 pts off of 4 turnovers is on the offense, not the refs!

[quote name='GTRavens' timestamp='1347829295' post='1153995']
[/quote]

No we didn't. Eagles gave us 4 TO and we still lost.

Its just incredibly stupid to run it on 3rd and 2 when you know you are going for it on 4th. I meam INCREDIBLY dumb

Where the hell were our receivers anyway? 16/22 passes went to either RBs or TEs. Last week it was 13/21. It seems like the only times a receiver gets a catch, it's a short dump off, or its a long catch that only happens because a corner screwed up. Between not having any receivers open and the Eagles pass rush, the offense was set up to lose. If our receivers don't work on getting open, then our offense isn't going to stand a chance.

[quote name='Kwothdaraven' timestamp='1347829028' post='1153943']
Cam is still just as horrible as we remember. I sersiously could not beleive he didnt run it once, especially considering ray rice was gashing the eagles.

But not only were they passes they were all out patterns to the sidelines which is a tough long throw to begin with. Call a damn slant or short curl up the middle for christ sake.
[/quote]
Thank you, could not have said it better. i dont understand why the ravens dont run these plays. when watching other games you consistently see other teams go to slants or curls for short yardage situation. we never try, ever, and cannot throw over the middle of the field. i have tolerated camerons playcalling for far too long, im sick of it

[quote name='Crabcakes&Football' timestamp='1347830173' post='1154129']
No we didn't. Eagles gave us 4 TO and we still lost.
[/quote]

Right, because it's not like we earned those turnovers or anything.

horrible pass rush
horrible secondary play
joe looked bad

Just overall a bad performance, with that many turnovers we shouldnt lose. our coverage was so bad

[quote name='757RavensFan' timestamp='1347830101' post='1154118']
We were less than 30% converting on 3rd down in the 2nd half and you want to blame that loss on one bad call? Which BTW in my opinion, Jones did push off! 10 pts off of 4 turnovers is on the offense, not the refs!
[/quote]He had to push off, the CB was holding him lol

[quote name='D-Rey' timestamp='1347832495' post='1154407']
He had to push off, the CB was holding him lol
[/quote]

Seriously. This is exactly what happened in the @Pitt game last year.

Cam's great when he gets an entire offseason to gameplan. Not so good when he needs to adjust during the game. I'd like to see how Caldwell calls a game, seriously.

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1347830488' post='1154169']
Where the hell were our receivers anyway? 16/22 passes went to either RBs or TEs. Last week it was 13/21. It seems like the only times a receiver gets a catch, it's a short dump off, or its a long catch that only happens because a corner screwed up. Between not having any receivers open and the Eagles pass rush, the offense was set up to lose. If our receivers don't work on getting open, then our offense isn't going to stand a chance.
[/quote]

Kind of hard to get open when your WRers are getting raped alllllllllll the way down the football
Field......

[quote name='Blex64' timestamp='1347832569' post='1154414']
Seriously. This is exactly what happened in the @Pitt game last year.
[/quote]Ya thats what I was thinking

[quote name='FerrariFan87' timestamp='1347829786' post='1154066']
We have Ray Rice and Vonta Leach in the backfield and Cameron calls 3 or 4 straight passes on 3rd and 2... are you kidding me? Thankfully, this will be Cameron's last year. Enough is enough.
[/quote]
Terrible play-calling. Especially when you can see their DB's mauling our receivers all day long with no interference calls, and Rice is averaging 9.5 yds/carry. Whether you can blame the refs or not, why persist in calling plays that are obviously not working?
They studied our new offense, and figured a way to blow it up by exploiting horrible officiating. We needed to make adjustments to that, and we didn't.
Can't really blame Flacco for lack of execution when his receivers are being held and can't get under the ball

[quote name='PurpleCityLights' timestamp='1347832696' post='1154432']
Kind of hard to get open when your WRers are getting raped alllllllllll the way down the football
Field......
[/quote]
Amen.

[quote name='MTRavensFan' timestamp='1347832808' post='1154448']

Terrible play-calling. Especially when you can see their DB's mauling our receivers all day long with no interference calls, and Rice is averaging 9.5 yds/carry. Whether you can blame the refs or not, why persist in calling plays that are obviously not working?
They studied our new offense, and figured a way to blow it up by exploiting horrible officiating. We needed to make adjustments to that, and we didn't.
Can't really blame Flacco for lack of execution when his receivers are being held and can't get under the ball
[/quote]

No......but we can blame him for those INTs and fumble.

[quote name='PurpleCityLights' timestamp='1347832970' post='1154469']
No......but we can blame him for those INTs and fumble.
[/quote]
If by interceptions, you mean the single one that he actually threw, and however many you imagined he threw then yes. The fumble was the result of the Eagles pass rush getting lucky.

[quote name='PurpleCityLights' timestamp='1347832696' post='1154432']
Field......
[/quote]
Nnamdi especially. I still can't believe they called Jones for pass interference on that TD. It was shameful.

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1347833580' post='1154528']

If by interceptions, you mean the single one that he actually threw, and however many you imagined he threw then yes. The fumble was the result of the Eagles pass rush getting lucky.
[/quote]

There are no easy fumbles in the NFL....

We were creative using leach the first half and didn't use him at all in the second. Give it to leach on 3rd and 2 I bet he barrels through

[quote name='PurpleCityLights' timestamp='1347834262' post='1154600']
There are no easy fumbles in the NFL....
[/quote]
Hence the luck. The pocket collapsed in a very unlikely way, and the Babin just barely got enough of his hand past Osemele to knock the ball away.

can we please just do a quick PA to rice with joe scrambling to his right or HB screen? is it that hard to call cam? we don't need any shotgun bullcrap when its that short. BTW, thanks for abandoning the no huddle. i knew i couldn't trust him. what happened to the offense belonging to joe? we need a clean slate of coordinators next year if this doesn't get better.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1347829445' post='1154021']
Rice averaged something like 8 ypc, but we kept throwing. Very frustrating.
[/quote]
the only reason he was averaging 8 yards was because we were passing so much....

[quote name='tsizzle95' timestamp='1347847423' post='1155371']

the only reason he was averaging 8 yards was because we were passing so much....
[/quote]

We threw it 15 or 16 times in the first half. Not much. Rice was gashing them all half and then BAM. We come out with back to back 3 and outs with 0 run plays! Excellent!

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1347847579' post='1155381']
We threw it 15 or 16 times in the first half. Not much. Rice was gashing them all half and then BAM. We come out with back to back 3 and outs with 0 run plays! Excellent!
[/quote]
In the second half, Rice was averaging 2.6 yards per carry.

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1347886956' post='1155988']
[/quote]
There D line just Teed off.

Yeah. They locked down our passing game hard (whether or not it was all within the bounds of the rules is up for debate), and so their D line was able to keep us from running. That's just how it is. If Rice is running for two yards per carry when it isn't obvious that we need to run, then how far is he going to get when they know that we have no choice. If I were the OC, I'd put Boldin, Doss, Pitta, and Rice on the field and expect one of them to get open for me.

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1347886956' post='1155988']

[/quote]

This has nothing to do with the first half that I was referring to. We come out after half and go with two consecutive 3 and outs while not running Rice once.