Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PurpleCityLights

The Refs.....(Post Eagles Game)

222 posts in this topic

The refs were pretty bad all around.

The game changing play was the Jacoby TD. They called it on him while he was getting mauled by a CB who had no idea where the ball was. If that's a TD. We are up 10.

They suck. I'm done venting about the refs now. Game is over.

But they weren't the reason we lost. We couldn't capitalize on turnovers. No 3rd down conversions. Couldn't get the D off the field.

As soon as 2nd half came on. It was pretty clear Eagles were on desperation mode.

I honestly never seen so many holding from defending corners and not get a lick of holding calls for the whole game in my life.

The replacement refs were torrid. They had little to no understanding of evaluating the cheating coverage to call games fairly.

You can see how livid Harbaugh was too, as with Joe Flacco & Anquan Boldin.

Eagles had zero business winning that game. We shouldve stuffed a 'W' easy.

That bad call on the Jones touchdown cost us a win today! I am very upset about it. I know we still had a chance, but it was game changing.

Yeah, the refs had a lot of bad calls and plenty of calls that were missed. It's unfortunate.

Still, that doesn't take away from the fact that we lost. The Eagles beat us, plain and simple. It's a shame, really. I'm not sure what happened in that game but I can't remember seeing any play action. I think that hurt us, Abandoning the run game at points also hurt us in my opinion. The refs were another part of it, but not the only part.

That was the worst two minute offense I think i've ever seen by the Ravens, every pass I though "This is an interception." We didn't get screwed, just give me all your beers.

on the pass that was almost confused for a fumble:
how was that goal line pass by vick not ruled Intentional Grounding? he may have been outside the box, so that's ok, but doesn't the ball need to get back to the line of scrimage? and it obviously has to be near a receiver which it wasn't. there were only lineman there. am i wrong here?

Terrible calls, but the offense and defense left plays on the field. Plus, Joe and company did have an opportunity to win the game at the end, but they couldn't do it.

If cam cameron and the o line didn't suck we'd win every game. We ran the same play on 4 consecutive 3rd downs and didn't convert one... then ran that same play twice the last two plays. How many times does cam need to see a play fail miserably before he stops calling it? Coaching lost the game.

I think the refs got a few key calls wrong but I wouldn't blame them for the loss. Considering just how bad we played at times it's not fair to call them out for our shortcomings.

I'll say this, the refs let the Eagles get away with so much it was like those refs were Eagles fans or betted on the game.

Don't give me this "they had a chance to win the game at the end".

They should never have been in a position to have to drive 80 yards to win.

The game was won on that TD pass that was called back for OPI, when there wasn't even a single DPI called the entire game.

The refs are clueless.

I give kudos to Eagles/Juan 'joke' castillo for taking advantage of the replacement refs. It was pretty clear these referees didnt evaluate the passing game well on field.

Juan gave it a go to play dirty and their corners got away with it the whole 2nd half.

[quote name='baltravens' timestamp='1347828651' post='1153874']
Unfortunately, I could not catch or follow the game today. Did the OL fail us?
Remember, we boasted about the OL last week.
[/quote]

OL had their ups and downs. Sometime they looked great, other times they did not. Joe took a lot of hits today.

We lost the game because they cant deviate from the game plan to what is working. They shut down out recievers bur Rice had breakout runs in the first half. So they came out after halftime running more right? Wrong. Same Cam as last year. No flexability at all

Nothing bout this game was good. Where's the running game???? can't throw the ball all-day and think where going to win. Where's the pass interference??? Our WRers got raped all day...... nothing.

Refs didn't call defensive plays that left celek open.
Refs didn't miss play zone to leave a wr open in the end zone
Refs didn't fail to use any creativity in the passing game to move Torrey smith around
So many things wrong before we get to the refs..

Positive.
Upshaw played well.
Rice had a nice ypc
And it's only week 2

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1347828776' post='1153897']
OL had their ups and downs. Sometime they looked great, other times they did not. Joe took a lot of hits today.
[/quote]
Thanks.
I followed what I could while working. I surmise from limited Internet action that Flacco did not have much time to throw.
Hey, I am thrilled for Tucker!!! Hurray!!!!

The people who think the refs don't impact football don't know how to count.

In baseball, your offense gets a minimum of 27 "possessions" unless you lead going into the bototm of the 9th at home.

In basketball, you get at least 93 possessions a game.

In the NFL, you get between 6 and 9 usually. You can't let officials screw up 2-3 possessions for one team, and help out the other team once on their offense. [b]I...just can't take NFL or Goodell seriously (and for the latter, there are a lot more reasons). [/b]

I am the most passionate Ravens fan I know and I'm not even mad right now. The replacement officials have been so awful, it's illegitimized the outcome of these games.

I'm talking about Desean Jackson taunting, block in the back, hands to the face, HOLDING ONTO TORREY SMITH SO BAD YOU CAN SEE HIS PADS, taking back the Jacoby Jones touchdown. They can't get the numbers right, it takes them 4 minutes to spot the ball, and they had two two-minute warnings today.

What's really sad is, I've always thought the level of play was much higher on the NFL level than college. For the players, it still is, but I really have a hard time getting engaged in these NFL games because the officiating is SO HORRIBLE. I would seriously rather watch my Seminoles thump a team right now, than watch a Ravens game if the officiating is going to effect the outcome - positively or negatively - like it did today.