94 replies to this topic

#61 a20havoc

a20havoc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:15 AM

Man, that Evans drop, seeing it again, definitely hurts more than billy's kick. This show just makes it even more depressing that we didn't go to the superbowl last year. Everything was lined up perfectly for us and going our way. The way Ray and Ed were playing and everything. And how fitting would it have been to win the superbowl in the city that stole the Colts. I had a weird legit feeling about last year being the year and it was just so weird when that feeling was not verified in the end. It's like I'll never trust that feeling again if it ever comes back in any form, for football or for anything else. Just weird.

Anyway that was a great piece on Ray and really makes you appreciate him that much more. Good stuff.

Yeah, that sucked. Big time. But I loved that footage of Ray bucking his team up in the locker room after. I am pumped up and ready for pretty boy and his crew Sunday. Bring it, Belichick. You'll be in our house this time. You know Ray Lewis and the Ravens will be ready with a little payback.
Posted Image
Created by Malkavian Raven

#62 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

Yep. Hey everybody--let's all go over to the Steelers forum, register and talk smack about the positive stuff people have said about their linebackers over the years. BIG FUN!

Tell me about it. Lets all go over and talk crap about the charities hairball participates in because I highly doubt somebody like Harrison does anything that doesn't benefit him.

I wish I had the power to slap people through a computer screen.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#63 ravens88

ravens88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

WOW that sums it up what an excellent piece on the best MLB and one of the best people glad he is in purple there will never be another Ray Lewis. Wish i could see him on the field for decades but gotta enjoy it now while its here.

#64 TheMadRaven

TheMadRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

Really excellent.... I went from chills, to pumped up, to laughing, to teary man.
Fair weather fans need not apply.

#65 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,016 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

What blows my mind is that Ray Lewis is only 5 years older than me. I feel like it should be much, much more.
Posted Image

#66 Raven552

Raven552

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

The man is amazing! I'd love to see him come back and coach when he retires.

Maybe he can coach Ray Lewis III when he becomes a Raven. :)

#67 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,599 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

I haven't seen it yet, but I heard on the Fan that they inaccurately portrayed the Lewis case back in 2000.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#68 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,253 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

I haven't seen it yet, but I heard on the Fan that they inaccurately portrayed the Lewis case back in 2000.

I heard them and I think they're just looking to stir the pot. They're always going off on anything that has to do with the judicial system. I watched every minute of the coverage back then and I think the Fan is just trying to make their wait list longer.
15fqib6.jpg

#69 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,751 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

What blows my mind is that Ray Lewis is only 5 years older than me. I feel like it should be much, much more.

Lol. Try being a couple years older than him. Talk about feeling like an underachiever. :(

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#70 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,501 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

No one ever does, as someone that watched the whole case, 90% of non- Baltimore get it wrong. I did not set out to watch it but My husband and a friend of his wanted to hear it so the telephone sat in front of the TV lol
68f2a8.jpg

#71 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,599 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

Watching it now, amazing.

#72 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,621 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

Incredible film about an incredible man

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#73 a20havoc

a20havoc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

Tell me about it. Lets all go over and talk crap about the charities hairball participates in because I highly doubt somebody like Harrison does anything that doesn't benefit him.

I wish I had the power to slap people through a computer screen.

I don't know if you want to smack me, or what. Lost in online translation, I guess.

Jame Harrison's charity for kids is a good thing. Props to him. And if NFL Channel made a documentary about him, featuring it, I'm saying I wouldn't go over to Steelers.com and try to diminish it w/ posts about his "indiscretions."
Posted Image

#74 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,599 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

LOL. Funniest part for me was when they were showing us playing the Patriots and Brady stood up all cocky. Ray screamed "what, what!? " and Brady tried to mock him. Lmao it was hilarious.

Another funny part was the white nerdy guy who didn't know who he was.

#75 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

I don't know if you want to smack me, or what. Lost in online translation, I guess.

Jame Harrison's charity for kids is a good thing. Props to him. And if NFL Channel made a documentary about him, featuring it, I'm saying I wouldn't go over to Steelers.com and try to diminish it w/ posts about his "indiscretions."

I wish I could smack steeler fans for doing exactly what we'd never do ;)

And I'm sorry, but I can't see this man doing good for kids: http://cdn.ology.com...e2.01987768.jpg
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#76 a20havoc

a20havoc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

BMORE--

lol. No worries. I kinda thought we were on the same side. And you're right...we have an awesome squad that we can spend time on our own forum supporting. No need to go talking trash somewhere else.

Yeah, he's straight G in that pic, no doubt.
Posted Image

#77 Child Please!

Child Please!

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

I am really loooking forward to seeing this. He is one of the most interesting personalities of his time in the NFL.

#78 Child Please!

Child Please!

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

Yeah, that sucked. Big time. But I loved that footage of Ray bucking his team up in the locker room after. I am pumped up and ready for pretty boy and his crew Sunday. Bring it, Belichick. You'll be in our house this time. You know Ray Lewis and the Ravens will be ready with a little payback.

I am not a Ravens "fan" per se", but I like the team and was rooting for them. Evans drop was still a bang-bang play, albeit one he'd make more times than not. A 32 yard FG for a veteran should be all but automatic with a good snap and hold, which there was. There's a reason Cundiff was sent packing.

#79 TheRavenouseD2008

TheRavenouseD2008

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

guys and gals after watching that we are Truely Blessed to have him here . Men like that are far and few and I feel like such a boy hearing his Life off the field , how he helps others , how he views why he helps others . That is a Man , now I have no idea how some one like Harrison can be angry at Ray other then the fact they themselves feel so small next to him in terms of Character rather then brawn.

" We weren't supposed to have a winning season, but we do. We

weren't supposed to advance to the playoffs, but we did. We're not

supposed to be here, but we are." Grant Taylor " Facing the

Giants"   (reminds me of us last year and maybe this year as well)

#80 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,130 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Hopefully folks outside of MD viewing this will stop the hate for a good man.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users