Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cursona pirate

A football life: Ray Lewis?

95 posts in this topic

Man, that Evans drop, seeing it again, definitely hurts more than billy's kick. This show just makes it even more depressing that we didn't go to the superbowl last year. Everything was lined up perfectly for us and going our way. The way Ray and Ed were playing and everything. And how fitting would it have been to win the superbowl in the city that stole the Colts. I had a weird legit feeling about last year being the year and it was just so weird when that feeling was not verified in the end. It's like I'll never trust that feeling again if it ever comes back in any form, for football or for anything else. Just weird.

Anyway that was a great piece on Ray and really makes you appreciate him that much more. Good stuff.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1348103671' post='1159107']

That guy was a moron, they duped him well. You should be able to take one look at Ray and his upper body size and realize the dude's a football player.
[/quote]
That's an unfair statement.
If the guy isn't a football fan or even watches much tv then he shouldn't know celebs like the rest.
To say he was a moron because he didn't know is ignorant.

What a tribute. My dad is Bill Warble. This show was amazing for Rays fans and family - but I cannot tell you what it means to me and my family. Knowing that my dad impacted such a great man- of course I know my dad was the Best dad ever- but this was priceless. Ray will forever be a part of my family.

I wish I had NFL network in my apartment. I need to get my parents to DVR this for me.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1347628664' post='1150444']
I don't get NFL network in my dorm room </3 :(
[/quote]

I feel your pain.

Incredible. I cant tell you how much more I love the guy after this program. I didnt think it was possible.

To Mr. Warbles son, what a privilege it was to watch your Fathers bond with Ray. You are blessed. RIP, Bill.

Oh, and even though the year ended like it did for us and for Ray, no better way to show the world and history how this great man perseveres and overcomes pain and disappointment. It should teach everyone a lesson. ;)

It had to be this way.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1348103671' post='1159107']
That guy was a moron, they duped him well. You should be able to take one look at Ray and his upper body size and realize the dude's a football player.
[/quote]Barely anybody in the south follows professional football. It's all about college sports down there. And if the guy doesn't even watch TV then he REALLY wouldn't know who Ray is.... He seemed friendly... just oblivious lol

[quote name='SteelerStorm' timestamp='1348104799' post='1159118']
YOU got chills? hahaha...I got chills,aches,pains, my heart hurts and i want to cry. Especially seeing Torey push off on Gay for that winning touchdown! Nevertheless, I loved that piece. He is the HYPE-MASTER.
[/quote]

Yep. Hey everybody--let's all go over to the Steelers forum, register and talk smack about the positive stuff people have said about their linebackers over the years. BIG FUN!

awesome! awesome! awesome! i will always love Ray Lewis for not only being the baddest MLB to EVER play the game but for being a great man! i hope that we have defenders on the team that will catch his "spirit" and keep his legacy alive in Baltimore.

p.s. i just purchased my tickets for the home game.....Ravens vs Cowboys in week 6. here i come Ray to watch you do your thang...again bruh! Yessss!

~Mili

[quote name='Medications' timestamp='1348107597' post='1159136']
Man, that Evans drop, seeing it again, definitely hurts more than billy's kick. This show just makes it even more depressing that we didn't go to the superbowl last year. Everything was lined up perfectly for us and going our way. The way Ray and Ed were playing and everything. And how fitting would it have been to win the superbowl in the city that stole the Colts. I had a weird legit feeling about last year being the year and it was just so weird when that feeling was not verified in the end. It's like I'll never trust that feeling again if it ever comes back in any form, for football or for anything else. Just weird.

Anyway that was a great piece on Ray and really makes you appreciate him that much more. Good stuff.
[/quote]

Yeah, that sucked. Big time. But I loved that footage of Ray bucking his team up in the locker room after. I am pumped up and ready for pretty boy and his crew Sunday. Bring it, Belichick. You'll be in our house this time. You know Ray Lewis and the Ravens will be ready with a little payback.

[quote name='a20havoc' timestamp='1348121367' post='1159251']
Yep. Hey everybody--let's all go over to the Steelers forum, register and talk smack about the positive stuff people have said about their linebackers over the years. BIG FUN!
[/quote]Tell me about it. Lets all go over and talk crap about the charities hairball participates in because I highly doubt somebody like Harrison does anything that doesn't benefit him.

I wish I had the power to slap people through a computer screen.

WOW that sums it up what an excellent piece on the best MLB and one of the best people glad he is in purple there will never be another Ray Lewis. Wish i could see him on the field for decades but gotta enjoy it now while its here.

What blows my mind is that Ray Lewis is only 5 years older than me. I feel like it should be much, much more.

The man is amazing! I'd love to see him come back and coach when he retires.

Maybe he can coach Ray Lewis III when he becomes a Raven. :)

I haven't seen it yet, but I heard on the Fan that they inaccurately portrayed the Lewis case back in 2000.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1348160557' post='1159399']
I haven't seen it yet, but I heard on the Fan that they inaccurately portrayed the Lewis case back in 2000.
[/quote]

I heard them and I think they're just looking to stir the pot. They're always going off on anything that has to do with the judicial system. I watched every minute of the coverage back then and I think the Fan is just trying to make their wait list longer.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1348154707' post='1159357']
What blows my mind is that Ray Lewis is only 5 years older than me. I feel like it should be much, much more.
[/quote]

Lol. Try being a couple years older than him. Talk about feeling like an underachiever. :(

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1348160557' post='1159399']
[/quote]No one ever does, as someone that watched the whole case, 90% of non- Baltimore get it wrong. I did not set out to watch it but My husband and a friend of his wanted to hear it so the telephone sat in front of the TV lol

[quote name='BMORElegacy' timestamp='1348122332' post='1159258']
Tell me about it. Lets all go over and talk crap about the charities hairball participates in because I highly doubt somebody like Harrison does anything that doesn't benefit him.

I wish I had the power to slap people through a computer screen.
[/quote]

I don't know if you want to smack me, or what. Lost in online translation, I guess.

Jame Harrison's charity for kids is a good thing. Props to him. And if NFL Channel made a documentary about him, featuring it, I'm saying I wouldn't go over to Steelers.com and try to diminish it w/ posts about his "indiscretions."

LOL. Funniest part for me was when they were showing us playing the Patriots and Brady stood up all cocky. Ray screamed "what, what!? " and Brady tried to mock him. Lmao it was hilarious.

Another funny part was the white nerdy guy who didn't know who he was.

[quote name='a20havoc' timestamp='1348170839' post='1159490']
I don't know if you want to smack me, or what. Lost in online translation, I guess.

Jame Harrison's charity for kids is a good thing. Props to him. And if NFL Channel made a documentary about him, featuring it, I'm saying I wouldn't go over to Steelers.com and try to diminish it w/ posts about his "indiscretions."
[/quote] I wish I could smack steeler fans for doing exactly what we'd never do ;)

And I'm sorry, but I can't see this man doing good for kids: [url="http://cdn.ology.com/bundles/ologysocial/up/img/embedded/embedded_4f5ad36445c0e2.01987768.jpg"]http://cdn.ology.com/bundles/ologysocial/up/img/embedded/embedded_4f5ad36445c0e2.01987768.jpg[/url]

BMORE--

lol. No worries. I kinda thought we were on the same side. And you're right...we have an awesome squad that we can spend time on our own forum supporting. No need to go talking trash somewhere else.

Yeah, he's straight G in that pic, no doubt.

I am really loooking forward to seeing this. He is one of the most interesting personalities of his time in the NFL.

[quote name='a20havoc' timestamp='1348121705' post='1159255']
Yeah, that sucked. Big time. But I loved that footage of Ray bucking his team up in the locker room after. I am pumped up and ready for pretty boy and his crew Sunday. Bring it, Belichick. You'll be in our house this time. You know Ray Lewis and the Ravens will be ready with a little payback.
[/quote]

I am not a Ravens "fan" per se", but I like the team and was rooting for them. Evans drop was still a bang-bang play, albeit one he'd make more times than not. A 32 yard FG for a veteran should be all but automatic with a good snap and hold, which there was. There's a reason Cundiff was sent packing.

guys and gals after watching that we are Truely Blessed to have him here . Men like that are far and few and I feel like such a boy hearing his Life off the field , how he helps others , how he views why he helps others . That is a Man , now I have no idea how some one like Harrison can be angry at Ray other then the fact they themselves feel so small next to him in terms of Character rather then brawn.

Hopefully folks outside of MD viewing this will stop the hate for a good man.

I find it very fitting that they show this documentary on Ray Lewis before the game against the Patriots. Of all times to show A Football Life on Ray Lewis from 2011, a season ended by the Patriot's and with it Ray's goal of helping his teammates get that Lombardi. I find it funny that they show this now before we play them again, but this time here in Baltimore.

It was an amazing documentary. Glad I DVRed it.

There's so much good to say about it, but I really liked what he said during the Pittsburgh segment. When he remarked about how he felt the balance of power shift during the game on the final drive of Baltimore. I felt that shift, too. It was an amazing feeling. Having him talk about it reminded me of that feeling I felt watching the drive on that day.

I also loved how he hoisted a huge smile when Billy missed the kick, as if he was OK with losing. Suggs was there in disbelief and without emotion, looking blank and lost. Ray Lewis just charged down the sideline.

It made me feel better about the loss.

It was a great show. Another example of NFL Films producing the best sports shows on television.

Third time watching it. Perhaps we can never be that kind of athlete but I think he's shown the world that you can be a great person and achieve great things in this life.

Meet My dad Bill Warble!! He was a dear friend of Ray's. Great tribute and great documentary. God Bless Ray Lewis.

Watching this, A football life is really making me mad even more with Lee Evans for that drop ( lack of concentration ). Watching Ray talk about the road going thru us etc, how it's right there right now.... Ugh ....

[quote name='SteelerStorm' timestamp='1348104799' post='1159118']
YOU got chills? hahaha...I got chills,aches,pains, my heart hurts and i want to cry. Especially seeing Torey push off on Gay for that winning touchdown! Nevertheless, I loved that piece. He is the HYPE-MASTER.
[/quote]

I hope you're not talking about ANYTHING he said during his Harvard speech. He can hype, but that stuff he said is sacred.

Man A Football Life had my 6 year old running sprints in the basement and then working out when he gets home from school to prepare for flag football! He did score a TD!!! [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glEpYzxacww&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glEpYzxacww&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/url]

[quote name='Dbertoni' timestamp='1348321911' post='1160601']
Meet My dad Bill Warble!! He was a dear friend of Ray's. Great tribute and great documentary. God Bless Ray Lewis.
[/quote]

Thank you, Donna, and your family, for sharing your dad's connection with Ray for this wonderful documentary. Ray is an amazing human being. As you are grieving your dad you can know how his friendship with Ray enriched his tough last year. Peace to you and your family.

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1348379501' post='1161100']
I hope you're not talking about ANYTHING he said during his Harvard speech. He can hype, but that stuff he said is sacred.
[/quote]He's the ultimate motivator on field and off. Period.

No doubt after watching this - we already knew, Ray is so special!
He is so inspirational, and a father figure to the younger guys, not only on our great team, but throughout the NFL. He likes Baltimore a lot, too!
Can you imagine, if every player was this intense and passionate - we would never lose.
Love this guy - what a man!

I DVR'd it.. and watched three times now. What a great motivator Ray is, honest and forthright. He's be a hellva coach one day.

I didn't want to start a new topic, but I thought it almost deserved one. Did anyone see Ray Lewis talk on NFL network Around the League? He sounded like he was either drunk (which I doubt) or that he had been hit in the head everyday for the past 30 years. His speech was slurred and he wasn't his "normal" self it seemed. Anyone else see it? Am I way off? It really jumped out at me for some reason....