Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cursona pirate

A football life: Ray Lewis?

95 posts in this topic

[quote name='Dbertoni' timestamp='1348030263' post='1158446']
My dad is Bill Warble. You will Meet my dad in Ray Lewis's special. Dad passed 6/11/12. Ray loved my family through a tough time and shared a bond with my dad. God Bless Ray. May he continue to be the wonderful, caring person that he is. He is a great man, father, son and friend.
[/quote]

I am glad to hear that Ray reached out to your family and I'm sorry to hear of your father's passing.

Ray is my favorite active player just because of the way he is off the field. One of the most influential, caring men in Sports history. Again, I am so glad he has had a personal impact with your father and rest of family.

I don't have NFL network. I hope they show it in it's entirety on NFL.com later.

I think seeing this from behind the scenes makes it even worse. The devastation on all their faces...

Yeah, I think once they bring it down and you can hear the audio, and the behind the scenes, it makes it worse. I'm tired of reliving it, too. It's heartbreaking really.

[font=times new roman,times,serif][i]Wow... what an amazing program. Sorry NFL Network, but you should've milked it for all it was worth. One episode is no justice for Ray Lewis and his legacy.[/i][/font]

[font=times new roman,times,serif][i]But I will say this though, in regards to what Ray said about the AFC Championship Game; you can't put it on Evans, you can't put it on Cundiff. The team as a whole lost that game together. Did it hurt? Hell yeah it hurt. You going to give up? Or are you going to wake up tomorrow and make sure it never happens again?[/i][/font]

[font=times new roman,times,serif][i]~ Malkavian Raven[/i][/font]

I caught the last 20 mins. Completely forgot it was coming on! Ray Lewis is a powerful, powerful man. We've been bless that God has put him in our lives and city.

But the betrayal at Foxboro still hurts. Boy did that suck seeing that. Especially after seeing the Bill Warble piece. :(

What a great episode. I too wanted to hate Evans and Cundiff and wanted to see Ray's reaction. Priceless. The guy is a true team player.

Yeah was not a fan of them showing the pats game, but overall it was a great episode. When Ray told that one guy the cameras were following him because his son was an actor in karate man i literally laughed out loud haha

[quote name='Crawford_T1' timestamp='1348103572' post='1159103']
The last about 5 Minutes of that entire show gave me chills Anyone else? (:
[/quote]

Just the last 5 minutes? I got heavy chills when they were showing the Ravens in Pittsburgh.

[quote name='tsizzle95' timestamp='1348103592' post='1159105']
Yeah was not a fan of them showing the pats game, but overall it was a great episode. When Ray told that one guy the cameras were following him because his son was an actor in karate man i literally laughed out loud haha
[/quote]

That guy was a moron, they duped him well. You should be able to take one look at Ray and his upper body size and realize the dude's a football player.

[font=times new roman,times,serif][i]"It seems like any time you're even near the bank, something's wrong..."[/i][/font]

[font=times new roman,times,serif][i]~ Malkavian Raven[/i][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][i]I hope my kids never realize I'm skimming from the bank.[/i][/font]

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1348103616' post='1159106']
Just the last 5 minutes? I got heavy chills when they were showing the Ravens in Pittsburgh.
[/quote]YOU got chills? hahaha...I got chills,aches,pains, my heart hurts and i want to cry. Especially seeing Torey push off on Gay for that winning touchdown! Nevertheless, I loved that piece. He is the HYPE-MASTER.

This team is so lucky to have Ray. A post Ray Lewis-Ravens is something I'm not sure I'm prepared for.

Man, that Evans drop, seeing it again, definitely hurts more than billy's kick. This show just makes it even more depressing that we didn't go to the superbowl last year. Everything was lined up perfectly for us and going our way. The way Ray and Ed were playing and everything. And how fitting would it have been to win the superbowl in the city that stole the Colts. I had a weird legit feeling about last year being the year and it was just so weird when that feeling was not verified in the end. It's like I'll never trust that feeling again if it ever comes back in any form, for football or for anything else. Just weird.

Anyway that was a great piece on Ray and really makes you appreciate him that much more. Good stuff.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1348103671' post='1159107']

That guy was a moron, they duped him well. You should be able to take one look at Ray and his upper body size and realize the dude's a football player.
[/quote]
That's an unfair statement.
If the guy isn't a football fan or even watches much tv then he shouldn't know celebs like the rest.
To say he was a moron because he didn't know is ignorant.

What a tribute. My dad is Bill Warble. This show was amazing for Rays fans and family - but I cannot tell you what it means to me and my family. Knowing that my dad impacted such a great man- of course I know my dad was the Best dad ever- but this was priceless. Ray will forever be a part of my family.

I wish I had NFL network in my apartment. I need to get my parents to DVR this for me.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1347628664' post='1150444']
I don't get NFL network in my dorm room </3 :(
[/quote]

I feel your pain.

Incredible. I cant tell you how much more I love the guy after this program. I didnt think it was possible.

To Mr. Warbles son, what a privilege it was to watch your Fathers bond with Ray. You are blessed. RIP, Bill.

Oh, and even though the year ended like it did for us and for Ray, no better way to show the world and history how this great man perseveres and overcomes pain and disappointment. It should teach everyone a lesson. ;)

It had to be this way.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1348103671' post='1159107']
[/quote]Barely anybody in the south follows professional football. It's all about college sports down there. And if the guy doesn't even watch TV then he REALLY wouldn't know who Ray is.... He seemed friendly... just oblivious lol

[quote name='SteelerStorm' timestamp='1348104799' post='1159118']
YOU got chills? hahaha...I got chills,aches,pains, my heart hurts and i want to cry. Especially seeing Torey push off on Gay for that winning touchdown! Nevertheless, I loved that piece. He is the HYPE-MASTER.
[/quote]

Yep. Hey everybody--let's all go over to the Steelers forum, register and talk smack about the positive stuff people have said about their linebackers over the years. BIG FUN!

awesome! awesome! awesome! i will always love Ray Lewis for not only being the baddest MLB to EVER play the game but for being a great man! i hope that we have defenders on the team that will catch his "spirit" and keep his legacy alive in Baltimore.

p.s. i just purchased my tickets for the home game.....Ravens vs Cowboys in week 6. here i come Ray to watch you do your thang...again bruh! Yessss!

~Mili