Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheMadRaven

Flacco haters

906 posts in this topic

[quote name='stopsizzle555' timestamp='1347901093' post='1156397']
well i sure as hell wouldnt have thrown the ball to rice. it doesnt matter anyway they should have ran the ball. and called a time out before third or fourth down to make sure they had the best play possible
[/quote]yeah because our running game was the exact same in the second half; I highly doubt we were going to convert it anyway, they were blitzing up the middle.

I didn't read this whole thread so I don't know if anyone has mentioned it or not. Flacco targeted Pitta way too much yesterday. Pitta was targeted 15 times while Boldin, Smith, Jones, and Dickson were targeted 15 times combined. Now, I got the stats from Captain DEE-fense's fb page, I'm not gonna lie, but I'd believe it if those were accurate stats. I'm a Flacco supporter and I think Pitta is a beast, but you have to spread it out or else you're taking away Pitta's ability to even get open and make those clutch plays because the opponents are just gonna zero in on him. I get that our WRs were getting mugged out there, I'm just saying from now on spread it out like before.

[quote name='big hits and ball hawks' timestamp='1347913995' post='1156722']
I didn't read this whole thread so I don't know if anyone has mentioned it or not. Flacco targeted Pitta way too much yesterday. Pitta was targeted 15 times while Boldin, Smith, Jones, and Dickson were targeted 15 times combined. Now, I got the stats from Captain DEE-fense's fb page, I'm not gonna lie, but I'd believe it if those were accurate stats. I'm a Flacco supporter and I think Pitta is a beast, but you have to spread it out or else you're taking away Pitta's ability to even get open and make those clutch plays because the opponents are just gonna zero in on him. I get that our WRs were getting mugged out there, I'm just saying from now on spread it out like before.
[/quote]

You have to think though, were the others even open? Pitta was quite possibly the best option on those throws.

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1347856348' post='1155740']
The last two offensive plays of the game Flacco over threw not Cam.
Just sayin'.
[/quote]

To be fair a game should not be won or lost on the results of one or two plays. If we need Joe or any player to be faultless at their position then the team may as well disband. To win we need a certain level of consistant good play throughout the game, with a few sparks of greatness, to allow for those occasional blunders. Passes will be blocked, runs will be stuffed, rushers will get to the QB occasionally, there will be sacks and drops, because another team of professional athletes is opposing our team.

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1347995109' post='1157943']

To be fair a game should not be won or lost on the results of one or two plays. If we need Joe or any player to be faultless at their position then the team may as well disband. To win we need a certain level of consistant good play throughout the game, with a few sparks of greatness, to allow for those occasional blunders. Passes will be blocked, runs will be stuffed, rushers will get to the QB occasionally, there will be sacks and drops, because another team of professional athletes is opposing our team.
[/quote]

One thing that is lost in all the complaining or lack there of is the Eagles are a very good team. They have a great secondary and defensive line. They have a good QB great running back and wr. And are a Superbowl pick of a lot of analysts. We got beat on the road by one point. Their weakness is stopping the run and we...well...stopped running lol

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1347995109' post='1157943']

To be fair a game should not be won or lost on the results of one or two plays.
[/quote]
I really dont like when people say that, because how many games are decided by one TD or less in a normal week? And that fact is magnified when you consider what a great team we played...is it fair to expect us to beat a team like Philly by 10+ points? One or two plays have decided very many games. Just ask the reigning SB champs. Or hell, just look at the AFCCG.

People say we should overcome bad calls, and that is true to an extent...but how do you overcome bad calls when they take points from you, help put points on your opponents scoreboard, or kill your drive?

[quote name='stopsizzle555' timestamp='1347901093' post='1156397']
well [b]i sure as hell wouldnt have thrown the ball to rice.[/b] it doesnt matter anyway they should have ran the ball. and called a time out before third or fourth down to make sure they had the best play possible
[/quote]Why say that?

Do you know what his reads were? Did you see who was covered/who wasn't? Would you have threaded the needle into someone covered by DRC or Nnamdi?

Joe needs to play better football the plays where there. It just happened to be a whole lot of overthrows. We can blame Cam all we like. The quarterback is making the throws.

[quote name='big hits and ball hawks' timestamp='1347913995' post='1156722']
[/quote]The other receivers were not open whatsoever and cam needs to start using Torrey the way he used him in the Jags game. These awful refs obviously wont call holding so he's going to have to be used in other ways.

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1348000723' post='1158047']
Joe needs to play better football the plays where there. It just happened to be a whole lot of overthrows. We can blame Cam all we like. The quarterback is making the throws.
[/quote]

Bingo!! I'm not thrilled to death with Cam as OC but Wilt Chamberlain couldn't catch a most of those scatter shooting passes the second half.

My question is if Flacco has autonomy to change plays at the line and he was choosing the garbage we witnessed the second half than it's no wonder the coaching staff has been reluctant to hand over the reigns. The future will paint a better picture but I'm not sold on better performance until I see some from the quarterback position and it shouldn't take 5 years to get to this point.

Of course Joe's supporters will throw everyone on the team under the bus for him including the elite running back and pro bowl fullback everyone is at fault except Joe if you put stock into quite a few on here.

I'm rooting for the man but he's going to have to raise his production level above mediocrity before I support him getting paid as he'd like.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1347983439' post='1157741']
You have to think though, were the others even open? Pitta was quite possibly the best option on those throws.
[/quote]

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1348000906' post='1158050']
The other receivers were not open whatsoever and cam needs to start using Torrey the way he used him in the Jags game. These awful refs obviously wont call holding so he's going to have to be used in other ways.
[/quote]

That's true. I didn't get to see most of the second half and I've heard plenty about our WR getting mugged the whole game. When I was watching, it just seemed to me that he was trying to force it to Pitta too much. My point was more about moving forward and needing to spread the ball out in the future, but, if in the future, Pitta or anyone else is constantly open then go ahead and target them more. I just didn't see that Sunday, that's all.

[quote name='Hardbaugh' timestamp='1348005370' post='1158177']
Bingo!! I'm not thrilled to death with Cam as OC but Wilt Chamberlain couldn't catch a most of those scatter shooting passes the second half.

My question is if Flacco has autonomy to change plays at the line and he was choosing the garbage we witnessed the second half than it's no wonder the coaching staff has been reluctant to hand over the reigns. The future will paint a better picture but I'm not sold on better performance until I see some from the quarterback position and it shouldn't take 5 years to get to this point.

[b]Of course Joe's supporters[/b] will throw everyone on the team under the bus for him including the elite running back and pro bowl fullback everyone is at fault except Joe if you put stock into quite a few on here.

I'm rooting for the man but he's going to have to raise his production level above mediocrity before I support him getting paid as he'd like.
[/quote]Why are you not a Joe supporter? Shouldn't you at least root for the guy to succeed (which he has done funnily enough - this isn't Kyle Boller)?

Fine if he's not with the team.

But unless you're Ozzie or someone that has authority to make roster changes or affect the play; I kindly implore you to [b]p[/b][b]lease be quiet..[/b] :)

Of course Joe's supporters will throw everyone on the team under the bus for him including the elite running back and pro bowl fullback everyone is at fault except Joe if you put stock into quite a few on here.

[/quote]

The problem was the O line couldn't protect at all. Flacco didn't have chance in H.

But i did have a problem with no Play actions or Bootlegs, Especially with the Bootlegs. Flacco usually gets alot of completions and deep ones at that when he runs it.

[quote name='admartian' timestamp='1348007634' post='1158209']
Why are you not a Joe supporter? Shouldn't you at least root for the guy to succeed (which he has done funnily enough - this isn't Kyle Boller)?

[b]But unless you're Ozzie or someone that has authority to make roster changes or affect the play; I kindly implore you to please be quiet.. :)
[/b][/quote]

[b]BURN, LOL, Amen to that. Must be a wagoneer[/b]

We wouldn't be having this conversation at all had the REFS didn't throw that B.S P.I. call on Jacoby and we would be 2 n 0 right now.

The officiating reminded me of the ATLANTA game 2 yrs ago with Josh Wilson getting pushed to the ground and R. White running in for a T.D.

How can that not be Offensive P.I. but Jacoby's was. Complete B.S.

I've been a Flacco guy since he's been drafted, but he needs to play better. I'm tired of his inconsistency week in and week out. He's still my favorite QB and I'd still pick him over a lot of the QBs in this league, but flat out he needs to play better. The refs did blow a call that should have been a TD, but Flacco also had a chance at the end of the game for atleast a field goal. He couldnt do it. I know he can be elite, but will he?

[quote name='admartian' timestamp='1348007634' post='1158209']
Why are you not a Joe supporter? Shouldn't you at least root for the guy to succeed (which he has done funnily enough - this isn't Kyle Boller)?

But unless you're Ozzie or someone that has authority to make roster changes or affect the play; I kindly implore you to [b]p[/b][b]lease be quiet..[/b] :)
[/quote]
Not to mention our "Elite" RB had a real dumb 15 yard penalty which of course stalled a drive.

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1348010304' post='1158249']
Joe played poorly in the 2nd half. he was like 8-25. smh!

~Mili
[/quote]

True but the WRers not getting open and the O line not holding up wasn't his fault. Cam should have called for max protection bootleg to give our WRERS time to get open.

I went back and watched it again. A few of Flacco's overthrows went to where the receiver should and would have been had their corners played within the rules. That also plays into him holding the ball longer.

[quote name='sliceanddic3' timestamp='1348008625' post='1158222']
I've been a Flacco guy since he's been drafted, but he needs to play better. I'm tired of his inconsistency week in and week out. He's still my favorite QB and I'd still pick him over a lot of the QBs in this league, but flat out he needs to play better. The refs did blow a call that should have been a TD, but Flacco also had a chance at the end of the game for atleast a field goal. He couldnt do it. I know he can be elite, but will he?
[/quote]
That's not even fair to call him inconsistent because of this game. He went into halftime 14 of 17 with 1 TD and no picks. Then the second half was a nightmare. Do you really think the enormous difference between halves was because of one player being inconsistent? Like a 15 minute halftime made Joe forget how to throw the ball.

[/quote]I agree but we will be voted down for this. The guys hitting the negative button know he has had nothing but average seasons at best on a great team. Don't get me started with the fumbles!!!!!

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1348016073' post='1158309']
I agree but we will be voted down for this. The guys hitting the negative button know he has had nothing but average seasons at best on a great team. Don't get me started with the fumbles!!!!!
[/quote]

Hi RBates, the way I look at it if someone negs my post it's more a reflection of what they believe than what I say. I give negative (or positive) reputation no credence whatsoever.

Having an opinion that is popular it doesn't make it valid nor more importantly informed.

[quote name='Hardbaugh' timestamp='1348018004' post='1158339']
Having an opinion that is popular it doesn't make it valid nor more importantly informed.
[/quote]

Same can be said of an opinion that is in the minority. It doesn't mean that you have some mystical insight that nobody else has...

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1348008631' post='1158223']
Not to mention our "Elite" RB had a real dumb 15 yard penalty which of course stalled a drive.
[/quote]
How is he not elite? I mean really, Rice wasn't the only one fighting, but the [Hold it!] reffs just happened to single him out.

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1348016073' post='1158309']
I agree but we will be voted down for this. The guys hitting the negative button know he has had nothing but average seasons at best on a great team. Don't get me started with the fumbles!!!!!
[/quote]
Joe Flacco is a good quarterback. Yes the fumbles and inconsistency drive me crazy but hey, at least we don't go further than 1 and done in the playoffs every year like Matty Ice!

[quote name='big hits and ball hawks' timestamp='1348007046' post='1158204']
That's true. I didn't get to see most of the second half and I've heard plenty about our WR getting mugged the whole game. When I was watching, it just seemed to me that he was trying to force it to Pitta too much. My point was more about moving forward and needing to spread the ball out in the future, but, if in the future, Pitta or anyone else is constantly open then go ahead and target them more. I just didn't see that Sunday, that's all.
[/quote]

I agree with that

[quote name='display name' timestamp='1348018867' post='1158349']
How is he not elite? I mean really, Rice wasn't the only one fighting, but the [Hold it!] reffs just happened to single him out.
[/quote]I find him to be somewhat overrated. For example when we give his touches and our offense fails, he gets no blame. He's a great player, I just don't find him "elite".

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1348019126' post='1158356']
I find him to be somewhat overrated. For example when we give his touches and our offense fails, he gets no blame. He's a great player, I just don't find him "elite".
[/quote]
Over 2,000 net yards last year and 16 total TDs.
If that's not "elite," then I don't know what is.