Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheMadRaven

Flacco haters

906 posts in this topic

Wow! Please, Joe, win a Superbowl so I don't have to read this nonsense anymore! I'm begging you! Let's forget you being betrayed 2 years in a row and preventing your back-to-back Superbowls, just win quickly. I can't take reading this tomfoolery any longer!

Signed your biggest fan and/or apologist,

Greatness

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1348282595' post='1160479']
But we have seen poor second halfs a lot in his career. Very few amazing second half's. That's all im saying. We all know he will get better. Just getting real tired of the growing pains.
[/quote]
Joe's biggest problem last game was he missed the open receiver on a few occasions and instead tried to force it to Pitta.

I'll give a lot of credit to the Eagles though. Yeah they got away with some holding and illegal contact, but they had great coverage. Not a lot of open receivers. Their dline was as good ad advertised as well, consistently getting pressure with 4 rushers and they also did a great job of disrupting several screens.

[quote name='Greatness' timestamp='1348285038' post='1160489']
Wow! Please, Joe, win a Superbowl so I don't have to read this nonsense anymore! I'm begging you! Let's forget you being betrayed 2 years in a row and preventing your back-to-back Superbowls, just win quickly. I can't take reading this tomfoolery any longer!

Greatness
[/quote]

Excuse me, but me and theFranchise have been fighting with each other for years now for leadership of the "I heart Flacco" club. You will have to get your post count up before you can make such a claim.

Thank you for your consideration in the matter. :D

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1348286604' post='1160507']
Excuse me, but me and theFranchise have been fighting with each other for years now for leadership of the "I heart Flacco" club. You will have to get your post count up before you can make such a claim.

[/quote]
Damn, I wanted that spot. Sucks not around long enough to run. I'm willing to be secretary or run as your vp. Jkjkjkjk
I hate to say it, but Flacco will continued to get panned by ESPN untli he wins 3. I love him, and he is one of the many reasons I got back into football (The injury ridden seasons and the game vs the pats pissed me off). I would only take P.Manning as my other QB, we would've won 10 SB's with him, but Flacco is the best QB we have ever had, [b][i][u]deal with it. [/u][/i][/b]

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1348286604' post='1160507']

[/quote]

I will handle the campaign marketing!

TV, radio, email, call centers, poll casting, IVR, mail.....I got it all!

[quote name='Greatness' timestamp='1348285038' post='1160489']

[b]Greatness[/b]
[/quote]

aww damn! here goes another cat in here biting on my monikering style in posts! :gaah: lol!

~Mili

In week 2: Flacco goes 22 of 24 for 232, 1 TD and 1 INT for a QB rate of 103.4.....and this number includes the fact that Cam dropped the no huddle (why?) and the replacement refs made a terrible OPI call on Jone's TD catch. If they hadn't made that call, Flacco's numbers would be: 23 of 24 for 263, 2 TD and 1 INT for a QB rate of 122.7, AND a Ravens win. Ravens would be 2-0 and Flacco would have a season QB avg of 125.5.................now, ANYONE that thinks Flacco still isn't our QB of the future, apparently doesn't know football.

[quote name='Hardbaugh' timestamp='1348280233' post='1160453']
Two completely different scenarios to start a career.

Coming out of college both quarterbacks were asked to do different things for their respective franchises.

Flacco to this point has been better than Vick's early years, no question from my POV. Since Vick latched on with Reid either by working harder, more maturity or a combination of those and possibly others he has been better than Flacco during the same timeframe.
[/quote]

You're the one that implied that Vick was a better QB than Joe. If their starting scenarios were so different what are you basing that implication on? Regardless over the same time frame, the Ravens (under Joe) have gone to the playoffs three times, and won multiple playoff games, where the Eagles have done far less under Vick.

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1348322621' post='1160604']
You're the one that implied that Vick was a better QB than Joe. If their starting scenarios were so different what are you basing that implication on? Regardless over the same time frame, the Ravens (under Joe) have gone to the playoffs three times, and won multiple playoff games, where the Eagles have done far less under Vick.
[/quote]

lol Yeah I let it go because he always makes those excuses for Vick. It's always something. But Flacco, it's always just that Flacco sucks.

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1348327650' post='1160631']
lol Yeah I let it go because he always makes those excuses for Vick. It's always something. But Flacco, it's always just that Flacco sucks.
[/quote]
Just like Skip Bayless. With Tim Tebow, it's "All he does is win."
But with Flacco, it's all about the stats.
Ummm at least be consistent.

[quote name='poescrows' timestamp='1348321782' post='1160600']
In week 2: Flacco goes 22 of 24 for 232, 1 TD and 1 INT for a QB rate of 103.4.....and this number includes the fact that Cam dropped the no huddle (why?) and the replacement refs made a terrible OPI call on Jone's TD catch. If they hadn't made that call, Flacco's numbers would be: 23 of 24 for 263, 2 TD and 1 INT for a QB rate of 122.7, AND a Ravens win. Ravens would be 2-0 and Flacco would have a season QB avg of 125.5.................now, ANYONE that thinks Flacco still isn't our QB of the future, apparently doesn't know football.
[/quote]

You mean 22 for 42, right?

[quote name='Alexir' timestamp='1348330989' post='1160645']

You mean 22 for 42, right?
[/quote]

You shoulda also pointed out that it is possible that the call was correct, and if so, JJ would never have caught that pass without commiting a penalty.

But either way, it still doesnt take away from the fact that it was a good throw from Flacco, so Flacco did what he was supposed to do, whether or not it was a bad call or the reciever just did not make a play like he should have (seems to be a common theme for us)

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1348331439' post='1160648']
You shoulda also pointed out that it is possible that the call was correct, and if so, JJ would never have caught that pass without commiting a penalty.

But either way, it still doesnt take away from the fact that it was a good throw from Flacco, so Flacco did what he was supposed to do, whether or not it was a bad call or the reciever just did not make a play like he should have (seems to be a common theme for us)
[/quote]
The eagles were mauling us. All game.

[/quote]

? I was talking bout an error saying 22-24 when it was 22-42

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1348319735' post='1160589']

aww damn! here goes another cat in here biting on my monikering style in posts! :gaah: lol!

~Mili
[/quote]

The ~ is still all u though

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1348333720' post='1160664']

[/quote]

True

~alexi

[quote name='Alexir' timestamp='1348332674' post='1160657']
? I was talking bout an error saying 22-24 when it was 22-42
[/quote]

You're right, just a small difference :eyes:

Without replying to anyone specific, I wanted to share my thoughts on this matter.

I am a firm believer in Joe and how far he can take this team, but we also need to be realistic in the matter. He didn't light it up in week two, but the Eagles have arguably the best D-Line in the league and arguably the two best starting CBs.

Having said that, the Ravens went into a hostile environment, and were an offensive pass interference call away from winning.

This week will be a big test, given the fact that Brady and the Patriots are pretty angry at how they lost last week.

My gut feeling is that with the home field advantage, the Ravens will do what it takes to win. And I think Flacco has a pretty big game to solidify his position as a top QB in this league -- even if it's not top 3-4 yet.

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1348336388' post='1160682']

You're right, just a small difference :eyes:
[/quote]

91% and 53% deft is same thing

[quote name='Andrew Dennen' timestamp='1348336668' post='1160684']
Without replying to anyone specific, I wanted to share my thoughts on this matter.

I am a firm believer in Joe and how far he can take this team, but we also need to be realistic in the matter. He didn't light it up in week two, but the Eagles have arguably the best D-Line in the league and arguably the two best starting CBs.

Having said that, the Ravens went into a hostile environment, and were an offensive pass interference call away from winning.

This week will be a big test, given the fact that Brady and the Patriots are pretty angry at how they lost last week.

My gut feeling is that with the home field advantage, the Ravens will do what it takes to win. And I think Flacco has a pretty big game to solidify his position as a top QB in this league -- even if it's not top 3-4 yet.
[/quote]

Andrew is last weeks loss happened in Week 14, I would be livid. We are using an offensive line that for most part didn't play all together in pre season. We need to run more to keep our defense fresh. That's how we beat Brady

[/quote]I still think it was a bad call, the db was all over him and he had to push off. The same exact thing that happen to Torrey against the Steelers last year.

[quote name='Alexir' timestamp='1348337155' post='1160694']
Andrew is last weeks loss happened in Week 14, I would be livid. We are using an offensive line that for most part didn't play all together in pre season. We need to run more to keep our defense fresh. That's how we beat Brady
[/quote]

I agree with you there. This might be the worst O-line we've had since Flacco/Rice entered the league. I also think that the no-huddle would help them out but the refs hinder that, too, when they have a conference over easy calls. It breaks the momentum you build up when you are going at a fast pace.

[quote name='D-Rey' timestamp='1348337163' post='1160695']
I still think it was a bad call, the db was all over him and he had to push off. The same exact thing that happen to Torrey against the Steelers last year.
[/quote]

Also agree. It's the inconsistencies which are annoying - I realize all refs are going to make/miss bad calls. But if you are going to call something that minor, you better be making that call all day.

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1348333720' post='1160664']
[/quote]

thanks! :D
[quote name='Alexir' timestamp='1348335271' post='1160676']
True

~alexi
[/quote]

ohhhh, you got jokes alexir! :229031_rofl:

~Mili

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1348337961' post='1160711']

ohhhh, you got jokes alexir! :229031_rofl:

~Mili
[/quote]
U didn't notice.. He used his "stage" name ~alexi
;)

Flacco is primed to have a big game against the Patriots. They aren't going to be able to stop us in the first half so I see us racking up 14 points to their 7. In the second half, the Patriots will start to come back but we will win it 24 to 21 on a Tucker FG late in the 4th.

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1348338053' post='1160713']

;)
[/quote]

The I at the end makes it

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1348338053' post='1160713']
;)
[/quote]

u didn't notice that i "edited" my post back when i first posted? of course i saw alexi at the end but i didn't want to be disrespectful and call a dude by a females name so i put the "r" at the end of it purposefully bruh! :lol:

~Mili

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1348347350' post='1160843']

u didn't notice that i "edited" my post back when i first posted? of course i saw alexi at the end but i didn't want to be disrespectful and call a dude by a females name so i put the "r" at the end of it purposefully bruh! :lol:

~Mili
[/quote]
Saw ur edit.. Didnt see what u changed..

But fair enough

Wait a minute fellas! Me and Flacco have been bros since pre-draft '08! But its OK if we have more than one member in the Flacco Club! I'm at the top then Fly, Franchise and others follow. lol!

I still don't get the use of comparing anything a guy has done in his first 4 years in the league to a bunch of guys who've been in the league over a decade. Look at all of these guys: Rodgers (who didn't start until his 4th year in the league btw, and had 3 years to learn his offense and his receivers), Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger Eli, Peyton - all of them have two big things in common: 1) they didn't start putting up big numbers until several years into their careers (especially Peyton - people really seem to forget how much of an INT machine he was until Dungy and his staff got there), and 2) they all had the opportunity of working with receivers for years and developing good chemistry with them - in Flacco's case his starting receivers have been a steadily revolving door - hard to "anticipate and throw a receiver open" when you can't even anticipate having the same starting receiver two seasons in a row.

28 - 39 for 382 yards 3 TDs 1 INT and 117.7 QB rating. Beat down the Pats

On the season:

In 3 games thus far,

Completed 64.5% of passes for 913 yards, 6 TD, 2 INT and 101.1 QBR.

Amazing what happens when he gets a little protection and his receivers get open once in a while

Now let's see him back it up with a big game against the sorry Browns.

Flacco looking stellar thus far... out-Bradying Brady once again.

The only reason we have a shot at the SB is because of Flacco. Our offense is carrying the team.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1348464296' post='1164773']

On the season:

In 3 games thus far,

Amazing what happens when he gets a little protection and his receivers get open once in a while
[/quote]I'd love for one of the sports stations to flash those stats and make somebody like Heath Evans or Skip Bayless guess who they belong to.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1348464296' post='1164773']

On the season:

In 3 games thus far,

[/quote]And he did it against 3 of the best defenses in the league!!

BUMP!

Let's hear it from hardbaugh and the rest of the peanut gallery. Or are they going to hide until Flacco has an off game?

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1348489207' post='1165066']
BUMP!

Let's hear it from hardbaugh and the rest of the peanut gallery. [b]Or are they going to hide until Flacco has an off game?[/b]
[/quote]

Well, duh. That's been the theme for years.

He had 4 bad throws all night, which is great.. Downside was all 4 probably should have been intercepted lol. Great comeback win, makes a huge difference to the offence when the run works and we speed the o up.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1348489207' post='1165066']
BUMP!

Let's hear it from hardbaugh and the rest of the peanut gallery. Or are they going to hide until Flacco has an off game?
[/quote]
He didn't hit 400 yards... Not good enough

I am a Flacco supporter to the end, but even I can say those 4 or 5 passes that Arnie is referring to were complete crap throws. Now, I watch with open eyes (unlike the select few here) and I can say the other throws, TDs and overall game was perfect!! Out dueling Brady AGAIN is a beautiful thing!

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1348490905' post='1165094']
He had 4 bad throws all night, which is great.. Downside was all 4 probably should have been intercepted lol. Great comeback win, makes a huge difference to the offence when the run works and we speed the o up.
[/quote]

meh, Brady had a couple throws that *should have* been picked too. Happens to every QB almost every week

Joe Flacco has a 101.1 QB Rating through the first 3 games and is on pace for these stats on the season:

379 / 587, 4869 Yards, 32 TD, 11 INT
64.6%, 8.29 Y/A, 100.8 QB Rating

He has played against the 1st, 13th, and 30th ranked defenses in terms of opposing QB Rating allowed.

Flacco has posted a cumulative rating of 100+ over his last 6 games.

[u]Last 6 Games (Since 2011 Week 17, Including Play-Offs)[/u]
122 / 192, 1525 Yards, 11 TD, 3 INT
63.5%, 7.94 Y/A, 100.7 QB Rating

He has posted a cumulative rating of 90+ over his last 14 games.

[u]Last 14 Games (Since 2011 Week 9, Including Play-Offs)[/u]
278 / 453, 3254 Yards, 22 TD, 9 INT
61.4%, 7.18 Y/A, 91.1 QB Rating

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1348492509' post='1165130']
meh, Brady had a couple throws that *should have* been picked too. Happens to every QB almost every week
[/quote]

agree

I'm one of the harshest critics of Flacco on this board but last nights game was impressive in so many ways.

100 plus QB rating and 64 % completion pct. are elite territory. Keep on stacking 'em up!!

[quote name='Hardbaugh' timestamp='1348493712' post='1165171']
I'm one of the harshest critics of Flacco on this board but last nights game was impressive in so many ways.

100 plus QB rating and 64 % completion pct. are elite territory. Keep on stacking 'em up!!
[/quote]

Being a critic and saying "we'll never win a SB with Flacco" are two different things! And thats just a taste of the drivel that you spit!

Can't judge a player on the good plays he "almost" made, and you can't judge a player on the bad plays he "almost" made.

Some of his throws were unsettling, but he makes plays when he needs to. He wins games. It's not a coincidence. He's been doing it his entire career.

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1348493812' post='1165178']
Being a critic and saying "we'll never win a SB with Flacco" are two different things! And thats just a taste of the drivel that you spit!
[/quote]

Of course I'd love to be wrong, I just call 'em as I see 'em. I felt Flacco took some big steps last night but more than a few times he misread the coverage and threw ill advised passes. He looked alot more comfortable this week operating the two minute offense than last week.

That said, it's a continental divide between winning regular season games at home and taking the show on the road in the playoffs and stacking up great games. We'll see if he's up to the task, I hope JF can do it but am still not a believer.

[quote name='Hardbaugh' timestamp='1348494829' post='1165204']
That said, it's a continental divide between winning regular season games at home and [b]taking the show on the road in the playoffs and stacking up great games.[/b] We'll see if he's up to the task, I hope JF can do it but am still not a believer.
[/quote]

Of course you are not a believer, despite the fact that Flacco has done this repeatedly!!!

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1348492509' post='1165130']

[/quote]

But these were just confusing. One he just lobbed up way over boldin, luckily the defender fell, another went right to the defender and he dropped it. Now, the one pick he dud throw I had no problem with the decision, the throw was just a little too ahead, but I felt our guy could have done something to help Flacco out.