Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flaccopoe

Trades!

151 posts in this topic

Have you proposed and/or facilitated any trades yet? I just traded Malcom Floyd and AJ Green for LeGarrette Blount and Ryan Fitzpatrick. I was loaded at receivers and needed another RB and a decent QB2.

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1346924273' post='1140748']
Have you proposed and/or facilitated any trades yet? I just traded Malcom Floyd and AJ Green for LeGarrette Blount and Ryan Fitzpatrick. I was loaded at receivers and needed another RB and a decent QB2.
[/quote]

Wow. Not a great trade IMO, you gave up one of Phillip Rivers goto guys and one of the best young receivers in the league for a back up RB and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Post your whole team so I Can see who you have.

[quote name='Sizzlebshu' timestamp='1346941604' post='1140894']
yea it was a [profanity deleted]ty trade, but what's done is done. Also I got Colston for Peyton Hillis
[/quote] im huge on hillis this year, not a fan of this deal

[quote name='usmccharles' timestamp='1346942041' post='1140903']
im huge on hillis this year, not a fan of this deal
[/quote]

value wise it was worthwhile for me. and hillis isnt even a backup on my team tbh.

[quote name='Sizzlebshu' timestamp='1346942321' post='1140912']

value wise it was worthwhile for me. and hillis isnt even a backup on my team tbh.
[/quote]

Ah...depending on your other rb's...makes sense

That trade will probably be rejected or you probably get the short end of the stick. AJ Green is considered a top 10 WR. I say wait it out and hope your big stud WRs score enough to pass through the season. Once you're in 4-5 games into the season, then start gauging trade interest around the league. I also got plenty of WRs and QBs, but going to wait it out to see which RBs are worth trading for. There will be unsung heroes that will breakout, so keep an eye out for them.

[quote name='Alexir' timestamp='1346941049' post='1140889']
Wow. Not a great trade IMO, you gave up one of Phillip Rivers goto guys and one of the best young receivers in the league for a back up RB and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Post your whole team so I Can see who you have.
[/quote]

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/1220093/team/9

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1347333493' post='1147281']
Trying to trade Wallace,Turner and Maclin for Lynch. He won't do it though.
[/quote]

Don't do it!!!

You're giving too much.

I learned my lesson last year not to give away talent for big names like CJ1K.

It's better to have 2 good receivers than have a good RB.

You want to keep as much talent as possible and don't panic if you lack talent in a position. The team that receive a trade hold the leverage.

Keep Wallace and Maclin because their team are facing a lot of high scoring offenses and will score points.

I want you to target Jacquizz Rodgers because he is the most natural fit for the high no huddle offense of Atlanta.

Solid RBs are thin this year due to the league being a passing league, you just have to eat Turner's misfortune. Experts knew to stay away from Turner because he was slowing down and was a bad fit for no huddle.

Just try to maximize your talented WRs and get more playermakers to compensate the weak RB Corps.

[quote name='Corvus Amplus' timestamp='1347345662' post='1147595']
Don't do it!!!

You're giving too much.

I learned my lesson last year not to give away talent for big names like CJ1K.

It's better to have 2 good receivers than have a good RB.

You want to keep as much talent as possible and don't panic if you lack talent in a position. The team that receive a trade hold the leverage.

Keep Wallace and Maclin because their team are facing a lot of high scoring offenses and will score points.

I want you to target Jacquizz Rodgers because he is the most natural fit for the high no huddle offense of Atlanta.

Solid RBs are thin this year due to the league being a passing league, you just have to eat Turner's misfortune. Experts knew to stay away from Turner because he was slowing down and was a bad fit for no huddle.

Just try to maximize your talented WRs and get more playermakers to compensate the weak RB Corps.
[/quote]
Naw, you don't understand. This is a 7 man league. I was forced to keep Turner. I would still have Nicks,Jennings,Brown as WR's. lol

Thanks though.

[quote name='Heaaap86' timestamp='1347367671' post='1147747']
Got offered:
Roddy White
Beanie Wells
Kevin Smith

for

Andre Johnson.
[/quote]

Nope. Kevin Smith could be a back up when Leshoure gets back, Beanie is injury prone and battling for touches with Williams. I wouldn't do it.

[quote name='Alexir' timestamp='1347373755' post='1147851']
Nope. Kevin Smith could be a back up when Leshoure gets back, Beanie is injury prone and battling for touches with Williams. I wouldn't do it.
[/quote]

That's what I was thinking. AJ is almost guaranteed to pick up 15+ a week. Beanie will not live up to fantasy potential and Julio seems like the go to guy in Atlanta now.

Giving up AJ Green and Floyd for Blount and Fitzpatrick is a terrible trade. Green is a top 10 talent overall you don't trade him. Blount is a backup on his team, he'll only be worth something if Martin gets injured.

Anyway I don't mess with trades until probably around week 4 or 5. People overreact to week 1 outputs sometimes . You have to give it a few weeks to get a proper gauge on how certain players are going to perform

[quote name='Corvus Amplus' timestamp='1347490765' post='1149270']
Just sent out a trade request.

I give:
Anquan Boldin
Alfred Morris

I get:
AJ Green

Would appreciate any opinions.
[/quote]

That's a steal for you if he accepts. Q has never really amounted to much here, the fantasy receiver from the Ravens you want is Torrey. And there's the whole never trust a Shannahan RB thing.

[quote name='Corvus Amplus' timestamp='1347490765' post='1149270']
Just sent out a trade request.

I give:
Anquan Boldin
Alfred Morris

I get:
AJ Green

Would appreciate any opinions.
[/quote]
Thats an absolute STEAL if he accepts. Boldin is inconsistent although we know what he can do, and Alfred Morris is a product of Shanahan's carousel....
AJ Green is the ONLY stud receiver on Cincy's roster beside an injured Gresham....

In a ppr league. I am thinking about trading my Ahmad Bradshaw for their Doug Martin & James Jones.

This person is willing to do this trade. My thoughts are that Bradshaw is a sell high guy with Wilson eventually getting into the mix. Martin is only getting started. Plus James Jones will be a great addition if the Packers shop Jennings before the trade deadline.

On top of that, I still have David Wilson which I can hold over his head later.

Someone offered my Stevie Johnson for Ryan Matthews. I declined.

My WRs are Brandon Lloyd, Eric Decker, Mike Williams, Amendola and Greg jennings.
My RBs are Charles, Martin, Mendenhall, Spiller and Matthews.

Sent a trade yesterday....got a response this morning saying he's thinking about it..

I trade Jennings,Gronk, and Wallace for McCoy,Harvin,Pettigrew and a 4th round pick.

it's a keeper league, so the 4th pick has value. My RBs are pretty weak, (Martin,Turner,Ridley,Brown) The WR's I would have left are Nicks,Brown and Maclin.

Someone in one of my leagues just traded away Aaron Rodgers for Green-Ellis straight up. Totally bogus and lopsided trade and a few of us are pretty pissed about it, it didn't wind up getting vetoed somehow (not sure that everyone saw it before the deadline).

The guy trading Rodgers is an idiot apparently and just handed the other guy the championship. He now has Rodgers, Julio, AJ Green, Welker, Mccoy, Kevin Smith, Vernon Davis, Antonio Brown, Shonn Green, Redman, Cobb and LaFell.

His team was pretty good before but at the expense of having a so-so QB, now he has a top 3 QB. I suppose he doesn't have a ton of depth, behind McCoy, but still to trade a top 3 first round overall QB for a low end 4th round RB2 is nonsense to me. These are all friends so I know there's no shady backroom deal type stuff going on, the one guy is just dumb, but If the guy who accepted the trade winds up winning there will be a black cloud over it. Asterisk.

I've got an interesting one for you guys. I'm looking to move CJ Spiller because I think FJax will take over the starting role once he gets healthy. Here's my trade proposal:

CJ Spiller and
Antonio Brown

for

Reggie Bush and
Larry Fitzgerald

[quote name='Chris J. Faria' timestamp='1348194476' post='1159766']
Okay, in another Fantasy Football league (of mine), someone is proposing a trade that consists of: Tampa Bay's Mike Williams and Dennis Pitta for the Giants' Andre Brown, whom I have.

While that deal is intriguing, the problem relies in the uneven amount of players involved in this trade. So, what if I added Darrius Heyward-Bey as a placeholder (over my other WRs, which include Roddy White, Torrey Smith, Steve Smith and Pierre Garcon) and Jason Witten OR Jared Cook, while I ask for Alfred Morris from him (seeing how it's extremely doubtful that I'm able to land Arian Foster from his roster)?

Should I change any of proposals? Would you accept this deal? Would you make this trade? Thanks in advance!
[/quote]

Who are your other RBs?

[quote name='uamaukeeaokaainaikapono' timestamp='1348255214' post='1160201']
Who are your other RBs?
[/quote]
Who are you and why you have my boy BJ on your avatar? What's the meaning of all this?

[quote name='uamaukeeaokaainaikapono' timestamp='1348255152' post='1160198']
I've got an interesting one for you guys. I'm looking to move CJ Spiller because I think FJax will take over the starting role once he gets healthy. Here's my trade proposal:

CJ Spiller and
Antonio Brown

for

Reggie Bush and
Larry Fitzgerald
[/quote]
If Spiller continues to blow up don't expect F-Jax back in the starting role at all, but more likely to be part of an RB committee.
I'd take Reggie (starting to live up to the name, and is on a horrible offensive team.) and Fitzgerald (Obviously been ELITE for years just that QB has a hard time getting to him), over Spiller (speedy and good receiving RB but may not have as much TD's if F-Jax comes back healthy) and Brown (Solid but may not get the ball consistently every week).