Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThePurpleWall

Madden 13 Thread

200 posts in this topic

i will be geting it at midnight,my question is can i move Jerry Rice on to,the Ravens roster for this year or years to come.

[quote name='ThePurpleWall' timestamp='1346124110' post='1131530']
i will be geting it at midnight,my question is can i move Jerry Rice on to,the Ravens roster for this year or years to come.
[/quote]

I believe the legends are only available in Connected Careers, but I'm not too sure.

Here's a question, can you still do multiplayer off-line franchise/career or can you only play as one team at a time. Usually get a franchise with my friend and if that's not an option I'm probably not getting the game. Then there's the fact they got rid of the fantasy draft. I'm sick of Madden taking away options then adding them later with an updated roster and calling it a new game. I called they would add run/pass commit after killing the option previously for no reason.

[quote name='ThePurpleWall' timestamp='1346146588' post='1131607']
you can not Redrum.

Im trying to trade for Hightower,they wont give him up for anything gah.
[/quote]That's called realism

[quote name='lgcs27288' timestamp='1346159693' post='1131668']
Apparently there is no Franchise mode in this game.
[/quote]

Franchise Mode has been re-branded as one-half of the new Connected Careers mode. Superstar Mode is that other half.

Franchise Mode is the "coach" portion of Connected Careers, while Superstar is the "player" portion. The major differences appear to be storylines and experience points that level up your players. The downsides I've read are that playoff games don't feel special or any different than regular season games, preseason games are still a joke, and leveling-up is more difficult and slow than it should be.

And you cannot edit rosters whatsoever in Connected Careers. Not even jersey numbers or equipment. You can edit outside of CC, but that's only for Play Now and those edits don't carry over into CC.

Thats just stupid. Madden 12 was running their campaign for being soooo in control of everything, which I liked. I wont be purchasing this game. They have taken away what made Madden 12 fun.

[quote name='Purple Punishment' timestamp='1346180909' post='1131907']
Thats just stupid. Madden 12 was running their campaign for being soooo in control of everything, which I liked. I wont be purchasing this game. They have taken away what made Madden 12 fun.
[/quote]

I have also been reading that the new mode is all buggy and that the CPU AI is so screwed up. I been reading that all the AI will do is run the ball, even if your the Saints in which I saw someone say Drew Brees only threw 15 times compared to running it 30 times. Since when did the Saints do that? So many things I'm happy to see go wrong that prove my point in keeping Madden 12 for another year.

Also if you think about it, they killed off any replay value the game has in terms of the off-season. You could go in and create every rookie from the draft and put them in the game, you could move players around to their respective new teams. Then you could even go into Franchise mode with the new roster for the upcoming year to kill time before the next game. So now you can't do anything like that anymore which killed off the replay value of the game. To me, I see people trading this game in immediately after beating it a couple times because of that reason.

[quote name='theFRANCHISE' timestamp='1346167506' post='1131786']
Franchise Mode has been re-branded as one-half of the new Connected Careers mode. Superstar Mode is that other half.

Franchise Mode is the "coach" portion of Connected Careers, while Superstar is the "player" portion. The major differences appear to be storylines and experience points that level up your players. The downsides I've read are that playoff games don't feel special or any different than regular season games, preseason games are still a joke, and leveling-up is more difficult and slow than it should be.

And you cannot edit rosters whatsoever in Connected Careers. Not even jersey numbers or equipment. You can edit outside of CC, but that's only for Play Now and those edits don't carry over into CC.
[/quote]

Wow, thanks for the info Franny, was planning on getting the game tomorrow. Doesn't sound like I'll be picking this up now as Franchise mode is by far the mode I played the most on previous versions. I still play my Madden 11 franchise every now and then because I drafted this prefabricated receiver with the 32nd pick of the 1st round my second season playing who is a Calvin Johnson-type beast, except actually even better, haha. Franchise mode was great because I got to control EVERY aspect of the franchise, not be a "coach" or one single player like in Superstar mode. Not to mention some of the player ratings I've viewed are ridiculously bad, to the point where I wonder if they even do research at all (Bernard Pollard SLOWER than Ray Ray? Dickson and Pitta a 77 and 74 respectively, right....)

I hate that theres no franchise. I mean, how stupid can they be to take that out? It's really everyones favorite offline feature.

I wish I could say that I'm taking it back but I can't lol. I really hope they make a serious patch/update.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1346204251' post='1132237']
I hate that theres no franchise. I mean, how stupid can they be to take that out? It's really everyones favorite offline feature.

I wish I could say that I'm taking it back but I can't lol. I really hope they make a serious patch/update.
[/quote]

They won't so your better off taking it back and going back to Madden 12 lol.

Worse madden ever. And I just can't take it back and play with the old rosters, just can't do it lol.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1346207244' post='1132262']
Worse madden ever. And I just can't take it back and play with the old rosters, just can't do it lol.
[/quote]

I have an updated Roster that you can use, it is updated with all the rookies and every Free Agency Move. I got it from someone who made them on another forum. It's really a good roster.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1346207910' post='1132269']

I have an updated Roster that you can use, it is updated with all the rookies and every Free Agency Move. I got it from someone who made them on another forum. It's really a good roster.
[/quote]
Wow, sounds tempting. I don't know man, I played countless so many hours on madden 12 that it's just played out to me lol.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1346211256' post='1132296']
Wow, sounds tempting. I don't know man, I played countless so many hours on madden 12 that it's just played out to me lol.
[/quote]

Dude trust me, the guy who made it said he has already played 5 years or even 6 years of Franchise Mode using that roster. It will be better to have a free roster update than Madden 13. I say go and trade it in already or ask for your $60 back lol.

Check your PM.

Honestly wouldn't play the game if someone gave me a free copy. Madden is awful.. Haven't played it in forever..

Don't waste your money

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1346212122' post='1132310']

Dude trust me, the guy who made it said he has already played 5 years or even 6 years of Franchise Mode using that roster. It will be better to have a free roster update than Madden 13. I say go and trade it in already or ask for your $60 back lol.

Check your PM.
[/quote]

You wanna be my best bud and tell me if you have that roster for PS3?

[quote name='redrum52' timestamp='1346216216' post='1132328']
You wanna be my best bud and tell me if you have that roster for PS3?
[/quote]

Check your PM.

Just figure Id give you guys a heads up in case you were planning on getting it and didnt know, Madden 13 does not have a franchise mode in it. More specifically it does not have a fantasy draft option. This for me, and several of my friends was a huge let down as we enjoyed playing it.

I know about Connected Careers and how coach mode is similar to franchise mode, but while similar, it is not the same and while I appreciate the amount of depth and work put into it, I feel like the overdid and there is too much to do, I actually preferred the simplicity of the former franchise mode.

Maybe Im the only one who feels this way, maybe not, but I really feel like Madden 13 would have been amazing if they had just included a fantasy draft option in Connected Careers.

See all the other threads. Been discussed numerous times. You must be the only person that didn't know

There is a franchise. Coach mode is the normal franchise. You play the games offensive and defence, as any players you want etc. player mode is superstar except you can take control on the other side of the ball as well. But only your guy on your side of the ball

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1346229825' post='1132365']
See all the other threads. Been discussed numerous times. You must be the only person that didn't know
[/quote]
missed it sorry

Are they adding some of the missing features via DLC? That has been the EA strategy of late. Not being able to change equipment and numbers will really bother me, and I can't do my annual fantasy draft league. My understanding is that the foundation, i.e. the gameplay, has improved but the house sitting on top of it isn't quite built.

[quote name='T3hRaven' timestamp='1346262081' post='1132597']
Are they adding some of the missing features via DLC? That has been the EA strategy of late. Not being able to change equipment and numbers will really bother me, and I can't do my annual fantasy draft league. My understanding is that the foundation, i.e. the gameplay, has improved but the house sitting on top of it isn't quite built.
[/quote]

I use Fantasy Draft a lot as well, and I do not think we'll be getting it this year. With the way Connected Careers are structured, I don't see EA putting FD in. They better add in player editing, the way rosters work for CC is atrocious.

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1346157066' post='1131642']
That's called realism
[/quote]

yes its nice,i was able to get hightower though.