199 replies to this topic

#1 ThePurpleWall

ThePurpleWall

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

i will be geting it at midnight,my question is can i move Jerry Rice on to,the Ravens roster for this year or years to come.
Ray Lewis"in any war who pulls their General out?,Nobody,when ever i put on that Jersey,ever man in this building believes in one thing,whatever our General says we Follow bottom Line"

Ray Lewis is the Leader of this Franchise.

#2 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,311 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

i will be geting it at midnight,my question is can i move Jerry Rice on to,the Ravens roster for this year or years to come.

I believe the legends are only available in Connected Careers, but I'm not too sure.

#3 ThePurpleWall

ThePurpleWall

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

aww thats to bad,i wanted Jerry Rice on the Ravens!
Ray Lewis"in any war who pulls their General out?,Nobody,when ever i put on that Jersey,ever man in this building believes in one thing,whatever our General says we Follow bottom Line"

#4 Purple Punishment

Purple Punishment

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,319 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

We had our Jerry Rice. His name was Derrik Mason.

Now our We have our own Jerry Rice in Torrey Smith!
"Im Pissed Off For Greatness" -Ray Lewis

PSN: RobtasticVoyage

#5 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:19 AM

Here's a question, can you still do multiplayer off-line franchise/career or can you only play as one team at a time. Usually get a franchise with my friend and if that's not an option I'm probably not getting the game. Then there's the fact they got rid of the fantasy draft. I'm sick of Madden taking away options then adding them later with an updated roster and calling it a new game. I called they would add run/pass commit after killing the option previously for no reason.

#6 ThePurpleWall

ThePurpleWall

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:36 AM

you can not Redrum.

Im trying to trade for Hightower,they wont give him up for anything gah.

#7 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,181 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:31 AM

you can not Redrum.

Im trying to trade for Hightower,they wont give him up for anything gah.

That's called realism

#8 lgcs27288

lgcs27288

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

Apparently there is no Franchise mode in this game.
"Think like a man of action and act like a man of thought" - Henri Louis Bergson

What would 52 do?

#9 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,116 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

Apparently there is no Franchise mode in this game.

Franchise Mode has been re-branded as one-half of the new Connected Careers mode. Superstar Mode is that other half.

Franchise Mode is the "coach" portion of Connected Careers, while Superstar is the "player" portion. The major differences appear to be storylines and experience points that level up your players. The downsides I've read are that playoff games don't feel special or any different than regular season games, preseason games are still a joke, and leveling-up is more difficult and slow than it should be.

And you cannot edit rosters whatsoever in Connected Careers. Not even jersey numbers or equipment. You can edit outside of CC, but that's only for Play Now and those edits don't carry over into CC.

Posted Image

#10 Purple Punishment

Purple Punishment

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,319 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

Thats just stupid. Madden 12 was running their campaign for being soooo in control of everything, which I liked. I wont be purchasing this game. They have taken away what made Madden 12 fun.
"Im Pissed Off For Greatness" -Ray Lewis

PSN: RobtasticVoyage

#11 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,311 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

Thats just stupid. Madden 12 was running their campaign for being soooo in control of everything, which I liked. I wont be purchasing this game. They have taken away what made Madden 12 fun.

I have also been reading that the new mode is all buggy and that the CPU AI is so screwed up. I been reading that all the AI will do is run the ball, even if your the Saints in which I saw someone say Drew Brees only threw 15 times compared to running it 30 times. Since when did the Saints do that? So many things I'm happy to see go wrong that prove my point in keeping Madden 12 for another year.

Also if you think about it, they killed off any replay value the game has in terms of the off-season. You could go in and create every rookie from the draft and put them in the game, you could move players around to their respective new teams. Then you could even go into Franchise mode with the new roster for the upcoming year to kill time before the next game. So now you can't do anything like that anymore which killed off the replay value of the game. To me, I see people trading this game in immediately after beating it a couple times because of that reason.

#12 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

Franchise Mode has been re-branded as one-half of the new Connected Careers mode. Superstar Mode is that other half.

Franchise Mode is the "coach" portion of Connected Careers, while Superstar is the "player" portion. The major differences appear to be storylines and experience points that level up your players. The downsides I've read are that playoff games don't feel special or any different than regular season games, preseason games are still a joke, and leveling-up is more difficult and slow than it should be.

And you cannot edit rosters whatsoever in Connected Careers. Not even jersey numbers or equipment. You can edit outside of CC, but that's only for Play Now and those edits don't carry over into CC.

Wow, thanks for the info Franny, was planning on getting the game tomorrow. Doesn't sound like I'll be picking this up now as Franchise mode is by far the mode I played the most on previous versions. I still play my Madden 11 franchise every now and then because I drafted this prefabricated receiver with the 32nd pick of the 1st round my second season playing who is a Calvin Johnson-type beast, except actually even better, haha. Franchise mode was great because I got to control EVERY aspect of the franchise, not be a "coach" or one single player like in Superstar mode. Not to mention some of the player ratings I've viewed are ridiculously bad, to the point where I wonder if they even do research at all (Bernard Pollard SLOWER than Ray Ray? Dickson and Pitta a 77 and 74 respectively, right....)

Edited by Corvus, 28 August 2012 - 06:05 PM.

#13 ravensfolife

ravensfolife

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

Im real close to putting madden 12 back in!
Posted Image

#14 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,473 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

I hate that theres no franchise. I mean, how stupid can they be to take that out? It's really everyones favorite offline feature.

I wish I could say that I'm taking it back but I can't lol. I really hope they make a serious patch/update.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#15 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,311 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

I hate that theres no franchise. I mean, how stupid can they be to take that out? It's really everyones favorite offline feature.

I wish I could say that I'm taking it back but I can't lol. I really hope they make a serious patch/update.

They won't so your better off taking it back and going back to Madden 12 lol.

#16 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,473 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

Worse madden ever. And I just can't take it back and play with the old rosters, just can't do it lol.

#17 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,311 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

Worse madden ever. And I just can't take it back and play with the old rosters, just can't do it lol.

I have an updated Roster that you can use, it is updated with all the rookies and every Free Agency Move. I got it from someone who made them on another forum. It's really a good roster.

#18 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,473 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

I have an updated Roster that you can use, it is updated with all the rookies and every Free Agency Move. I got it from someone who made them on another forum. It's really a good roster.

Wow, sounds tempting. I don't know man, I played countless so many hours on madden 12 that it's just played out to me lol.

#19 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,311 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

Wow, sounds tempting. I don't know man, I played countless so many hours on madden 12 that it's just played out to me lol.

Dude trust me, the guy who made it said he has already played 5 years or even 6 years of Franchise Mode using that roster. It will be better to have a free roster update than Madden 13. I say go and trade it in already or ask for your $60 back lol.

Check your PM.

#20 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,957 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

Honestly wouldn't play the game if someone gave me a free copy. Madden is awful.. Haven't played it in forever..

Don't waste your money
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users