display name

Favorite TV shows

3,184 posts in this topic

Family Guy, Deadliest Catch, sometimes Dirty Jobs ( im related to Mike so i dont really watch the show lol) NFL network, Velocity channel, SPEED channel, Formula 1 Racing. Le Mans 24 hours, Top Gear....

Family Guy, Deadliest Catch, sometimes Dirty Jobs ( im related to Mike so i dont really watch the show lol) NFL network, Velocity channel, SPEED channel, Formula 1 Racing. Le Mans 24 hours, Top Gear....

You sure like cars! And could you hook me up with a Mike Rowe autograph, lmao?

You sure like cars! And could you hook me up with a Mike Rowe autograph, lmao?

i love cars, especially Le Mans and Formula 1. ..GT Academy exc. ... i would watch more of my cousin IF... IF i wasnt related to the guy.

for those of you who dont believe me that Mike is infact my cousin. here. lol

180006_10150388161180541_800650540_17170702_1944713_n.jpg

295375_10151922720345541_1526583181_n.jpg

425161_10151923223400541_1412918411_n.jpg

523680_10150981346097881_435084671_n.jpg

481951_10151923225670541_295453387_n.jpg

i was the photographer for these.

313963_10151922812535541_820737994_n.jpg

484067_10151922806215541_63999641_n.jpg

this is me with Cousin Mike.

301611_10150787642395541_800650540_20642798_4978109_n.jpg

what you see on TV is exactly how he is in private, hes not the type of person that flaunts money and what he has exc. no hes humble and just a really cool, nice guy to talk shop with.

The Photos of him in the Grey Dutch harbor shirt were from July 14th , 2012

the others are from christmas 2007. all photos were taken at my house.

one thing he told us was " Fame... isnt all its cracked up to be.... i live out of a suitcase, im never home, i have no life, im always on some sort of schedule and if i want time off, they have to schedule it.... if say.. i want to see you guys... My family.... it has to work with my schedule.... which sucks! and i can no longer fly publicly, i get mobbed everywhere i go so im forced to fly privately ... you have any idea how expensive private jets are?! even for celebrities , its unreal expensive!........ be careful what you wish for, the money is good yea sure but money isnt everything... and look at me... i have no life. so my advice to you guys....be careful what you wish for"

Edited by Raven07

Yeah. You can tell he's genuinely down to earth. One of the rare celebrities that genuinely deserves the coin thrown their way. He must be banking these days. Several shows he either stars in or narrates as well as all the commercial deals. Good for him.

How did he get started in show business?

he also sang Opera in College...... ( to impress the girls) hasnt sung opera since then lol He did tell us, only because we asked him.... we asked him " Mike, are there any shows on TV that are on there because of Dirty jobs?"........... he told us " yes, all the shows you see now, pawn stars, american pickers, american restoration, Cajun Pawn stars, Swamp People... all the reality shows are a direct result of Dirty Jobs."

Fun Fact: he's been dating the same girl now for over 19 years now....... she works for a bank, and they both say " we are happy the way we are, why risk messing something up?" lol not bad looking either :) lol

fun fact for all of you. Dirty Jobs was Actually Mike's idea. he came up with the idea, and discovery liked it, and then Discovery Bought the idea exc, from him.

we all think its pretty funny that Mike is the host of a show called dirty jobs.......... since as a kid, he was a clean freak, didnt want to get his hands dirty type thing..... and now look lol. so we all just laugh.

oh and even though Discovery canceled Dirty Jobs recently, dont feel bad for Mike, he's got plenty on his plate, his schedule is booked! so be on the lookout.

Edited by Raven07

Yeah. You can tell he's genuinely down to earth. One of the rare celebrities that genuinely deserves the coin thrown their way. He must be banking these days. Several shows he either stars in or narrates as well as all the commercial deals. Good for him.

How did he get started in show business?

he will be more than happy to sign anything for you or take a photo because he said " you pay my bills, you all make it so that i keep doing what i do now, how can i be mad or not be grateful for the public whom watches the TV so it keeps me in the job? i will gladly take photos and sign things for you"

so yea... there ya go. Im Mike Rowe's 2nd Cousin....Kyle. better known on here as Raven07!

Edited by Raven07

Started the first season of American Horror Story last night, and finished it tonight. Wow. I usually don't like "horror" and that sort of drama, but this was amazing. Now i gotta catch up on the Asylum.

Started the first season of American Horror Story last night, and finished it tonight. Wow. I usually don't like "horror" and that sort of drama, but this was amazing. Now i gotta catch up on the Asylum.

The first season was 100% incredible. This second season is 100% insane. The Asylum was a perfect setting. Im really enjoying it but so far I liked the overall premise of the first season better. If you are religiously sensitive, you'll be very offended by season 2. If not, enjoy the ride!

I still can't believe that AMC is making us wait until Summer 2013 to finish Breaking Bad!

never could get hooked on breaking bad.. i know its a hit, im just having a hard time trying to gain interest AFTER my car shows and the velocity network :D

never could get hooked on breaking bad.. i know its a hit, im just having a hard time trying to gain interest AFTER my car shows and the velocity network :D

If you like cars, you'll love Walt's choice: A Pontiac Aztek!

he will be more than happy to sign anything for you or take a photo because he said " you pay my bills, you all make it so that i keep doing what i do now, how can i be mad or not be grateful for the public whom watches the TV so it keeps me in the job? i will gladly take photos and sign things for you"

so yea... there ya go. Im Mike Rowe's 2nd Cousin....Kyle. better known on here as Raven07!

I'll never look at you the same again!

35b66j.jpg

I'll never look at you the same again!

35b66j.jpg

lol :th_laundry: He's a very friendly person and loves just talking and relaxing. we talked shop about cars for the longest time, since he came out from around the corner of the garage and saw my 370z and was like " WHOSE GOT THE Z?!?!" and went from there lol

I couldn't either get hooked on it either..

So instead of starting another series I just restarted The Office.. Yessir

I still can't believe that AMC is making us wait until Summer 2013 to finish Breaking Bad!

It seems to be AMC's forte. They've given the same long hiatus's to Mad Men and the Walking Dead.

Breaking Bad is one of the best written shows there is. While many other scripted series leave questions and holes in stories, Breaking Bad ties everything together down to the smallest details. Vince Gilligan knows how to write. I'm looking forward to what he brings after Breaking Bad.

Edited by PuRock

I couldn't either get hooked on it either..

So instead of starting another series I just restarted The Office.. Yessir

yes, the office. love it.

It seems to be AMC's forte. They've given the same long hiatus's to Mad Men and the Walking Dead.

Breaking Bad is one of the best written shows there is. While many other scripted series leave questions and holes in stories, Breaking Bad ties everything together down to the smallest details. Vince Gilligan knows how to write. I'm looking forward to what he brings after Breaking Bad.

Meh, not really as much. Breaking bad is taking almost a whole year, The Walking Dead is only gonna be like 2 and 1/2 months.

The best part? With the way Breaking Bad is written, the universe is ripe for prequels and spin-offs. They've revisited dead and one-off characters so many times in those cold openers, it wouldn't be out of the question for them to do a continuation of the story from another perspective, perhaps in a mini-series or a movie.

Meh, not really as much. Breaking bad is taking almost a whole year, The Walking Dead is only gonna be like 2 and 1/2 months.

Perhaps the Walking Dead wasn't the best example. But Mad Men was off the air for 17 months.

Archer

Walking Dead

Sons of Anarchy

American Horror Story

Mad Men

South Park

Parks & Rec

Happy Endings

Modern Family

Big Bang Theory

Justified

Game of Thrones

Chopped

This is really a great time for TV shows. Lots of great content. Dramas, horror, comedies.

Perhaps the Walking Dead wasn't the best example. But Mad Men was off the air for 17 months.

Oh wow. I didn't know that. I didn't really watch much tv growing up, and just recently within the past 2-3 years I've been more into shows (since i got Netflix and all) and watching them weekly. Is it normal for shows to be off the air for a while? I'm guessing that builds up the audience up for the season premiere when it comes back and all?