display name

Favorite TV shows

3,184 posts in this topic

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 5:41 PM, redrum52 said:

My question. Was how does it know who to attack and if so why not send it at Negan?  Would've loved to see it tear into Carl...

Now that is hilarious! :D

16 hours ago, usmccharles said:

I didn't even know that was the finale, definitely hated the entire season and I thought that episode was so predictable.  Like Mashone was going to die....like they were going to kill Carl, was hoping so much that Neegan just beat him to death.  Sasha was predictable for me. 

I think it would of been hilarious for Neegan to just beat the hell out of the tiger with out hesitation. 

Finally caught up. That is funny, I think it would have been great if Zombie Sasha just ate Negan's face off and then next season they could start over and forget about this one.:P

On 4/6/2017 at 6:26 PM, rmw10 said:

Santa Clarita Diet... Oh my.

is that good or bad?

42 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

is that good or bad?

It's... interesting lol.  It's hilarious but so over the top at the same time.

2 hours ago, rmw10 said:

It's... interesting lol.  It's hilarious but so over the top at the same time.

ah, ill prolly just pass on that one.  I started watching Patriot on amazon, very....interesting. 

Billions -  such a damn good show, easily one of my favorites

Homeland -

Overall, this was easily the worst season.  The finale did not help redeem the lack of action, suspense, etc outside of 2 episodes.  This shows first 3 seasons were so on point, so great, and now we have this.  Its lost its appeal to me, but sadly ill stick with it, I honestly don't want to though. 

Well the ending of Homeland kind of confused me.  It was making us believe Dahl was going to be apart of trying to kill the president elect then calls Carri to warn her.  Since everything happened so early in the episode, there wasn't much going on for the rest of the episode, which is pretty fitting for how this season has been.  I doubt anyone bought into the president elect in having the complete best interest of the American people, I didn't, always thought there was something sketchy about her.  So what, now we wait till next year to see how the POTUS is going to become a dictator?  If that's the case, why wouldn't she have just had Carri wacked mafia style to keep the info from getting out.  [/spoiler]

Edited by usmccharles

Better Call Saul returns tonight, followed by The Leftovers on Sunday and Fargo next Wednesday.  Make TV great again!

Can AMC give all the money used on Fear the Walking dead to Vince Gilligan so he can make another BB spinoff. I guarantee it would be at least the second best show on AMC. 

Man, Better Call Saul is a masterpiece.  Only Gilligan and company could find a way to make silence and monotony completely interesting.  The slow, but deliberate pace works so well with Mike.

Not to mention, they are complete masters of montages and time lapses.

On 10/19/2016 at 2:21 PM, rmw10 said:

Atlanta is still killing it.  All of the comedy is so subtle, but so real at the same time.

I still love FX for letting their show runners do whatever they want.  Pretty sure Atlanta dropped like 30 f-bombs last night.

Love Atlanta. It's going to be a long wait but can't wait for the next season. 

Animated GIF  - Find & Share on GIPHY

15 hours ago, rmw10 said:

Man, Better Call Saul is a masterpiece.  Only Gilligan and company could find a way to make silence and monotony completely interesting.  The slow, but deliberate pace works so well with Mike.

Not to mention, they are complete masters of montages and time lapses.

Did I miss something?  For some reason the first scene with Jimmy and Chuck confused the hell out of me, maybe I forgot a conflict from when last season ended.  The Mike story is fascinating

44 minutes ago, Ed_Reed20 said:

Love Atlanta. It's going to be a long wait but can't wait for the next season. 

Animated GIF  - Find & Share on GIPHY

I still haven't even given this show a chance....I don't know why.  Sell me...

14 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

Don't want to give away too much but it's just a all-around quality show. Touches on numerous issues but does so very well. Only 10 episodes and they're just a little over 20 minutes. You can watch all of it in several hours and I guarantee it would be an afternoon well spent. 

Stay woke. 

18 minutes ago, Ed_Reed20 said:

Don't want to give away too much but it's just a all-around quality show. Touches on numerous issues but does so very well. Only 10 episodes and they're just a little over 20 minutes. You can watch all of it in several hours and I guarantee it would be an afternoon well spent. 

Stay woke. 

Only 20 min episodes, that makes it a no brainer to try it out. 

There is an amazon original that is called Patriot, its very interesting,  if you have nothing else to watch, its worth it. 

9 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

Only 20 min episodes, that makes it a no brainer to try it out. 

There is an amazon original that is called Patriot, its very interesting,  if you have nothing else to watch, its worth it. 

Will make sure to check it out after exams. 

1 hour ago, usmccharles said:

Did I miss something?  For some reason the first scene with Jimmy and Chuck confused the hell out of me, maybe I forgot a conflict from when last season ended.  The Mike story is fascinating

For BCS...

It was the follow up to Jimmy admitting to altering the address on the documents so that Kim could get Mesa Verde back.  Jimmy of course doesn't know he was recorded, but it was a follow up to the argument that let to his admission. 

Edited by rmw10

1 hour ago, usmccharles said:

Atlanta is kind of hard to sell since it's kind of compartmentalized in it's storytelling.  Each episode has its own theme (with a recurring season theme of course).  It's the effortless blend of comedy into real world problems that sets it apart.

Glover is obviously the headliner, but the Paper Boi and Darius characters both bring the show to a new level.

9 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

For BCS...

Reveal hidden contents

It was the follow up to Jimmy admitting to altering the address on the documents so that Kim could get Mesa Verde back.  Jimmy of course doesn't know he was recorded, but it was a follow up to the argument that let to his admission. 

Ah thanks.  I meant to rewatch season 2 before season 3 started

And finally... Homeland

I liked what direction the show was seemingly heading but man, they completely missed on that finale.  You can tell (and you could tell from the beginning) that this season was built to try to mimic times if Hillary won the presidency.  Once she didn't, you can tell they diverted course, especially here in the finale.  Keane was always kind of reserved and dark, but the turn at the end was completely out of character from the one we've seen all along.

I knew Quinn's time was coming to an end but it just didn't carry as much weight as I thought it would.  Not enough of an impact because it wasn't typical Quinn fashion.  They should have just killed him off last season.

The best scene in the whole finale was Carrie overlooking the capital just like Brody did.  Curious to see whether or not they have her flip on her country.  I can't see them doing it but the scene drew a distinct parallel.

8 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

And finally... Homeland

Reveal hidden contents

I liked what direction the show was seemingly heading but man, they completely missed on that finale.  You can tell (and you could tell from the beginning) that this season was built to try to mimic times if Hillary won the presidency.  Once she didn't, you can tell they diverted course, especially here in the finale.  Keane was always kind of reserved and dark, but the turn at the end was completely out of character from the one we've seen all along.

I knew Quinn's time was coming to an end but it just didn't carry as much weight as I thought it would.  Not enough of an impact because it wasn't typical Quinn fashion.  They should have just killed him off last season.

The best scene in the whole finale was Carrie overlooking the capital just like Brody did.  Curious to see whether or not they have her flip on her country.  I can't see them doing it but the scene drew a distinct parallel.

I think Carri turning against the country would be a little too obvious considering past events, I think I mentioned how id like to see her go that route a couple weeks ago.  But that also is just too much like the beginning of the series to me, but I guess it would be a good way end it, if they ever do....

The show the has great writing but at points this season I was blowing away on how useless and boring a lot of the dialogue was.  I can definitely say im not looking forward to next season like I usually do for a show

The Leftovers came out so strong with their premiere.  That opening scene was about as beautifully directed as I've seen in a long time.  Still living in a world with so few answers and I still stand by that 100%, as this is a show about the journey and the unexpected craziness.

Fargo also started out strong.  It's great to have great TV shows again.

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:36 PM, rmw10 said:

The Leftovers tonight.  So excited.

I gave it a couple episodes, am I missing something?  How much time do I need to sink in it?  Im interested in the reason why what happened occurred, but everything else to me is just bleh...

17 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

I gave it a couple episodes, am I missing something?  How much time do I need to sink in it?  Im interested in the reason why what happened occurred, but everything else to me is just bleh...

Keep going. Season 1 starts a little confusing but really picks up as it goes along. Not sure how far you are but the Nora Durst storyline is what really puts the season in motion. Season 2 is a marvel in just about every way. 

Just now, rmw10 said:

Keep going. Season 1 starts a little confusing but really picks up as it goes along. Not sure how far you are but the Nora Durst storyline is what really puts the season in motion. Season 2 is a marvel in just about every way. 

I think I just finished 3. Normally three is my number of episodes to see if ill continue.  Especially right now with Billions, House of Cards, Americans, Fargo, and Better Call Saul on.