• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
display name

Favorite TV shows

3,134 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen Sherlock? It's a British show with each episode being about an hour and a half. I recently binge watched the first 3 seasons and I really liked it.

On March 12, 2017 at 9:56 PM, rmw10 said:

TWD

giphy.gif

I need new curb in my life. 

Lol TWD. How many more episodes do we need to show that the Saviors take stuff? 

3 hours ago, rmw10 said:

On top of that we are left with what is either a cliffhanger or a terrible offscreen death. Anyway, what a terrible payoff to what has been the only interesting thread for the last couple eps. I feel like the writers are intentionally wasting my time now. This is legit worse than GoT season 5.  This show moves like a timid driver who stops every 10 feet to make sure they didn't hit anyone. 

Edited by Cville-Raven

On 3/12/2017 at 10:01 PM, K-Dog said:

Live-PD is locked into the DVR.

You and all my kids/young adults love that show  when they grace us with their presence lol

5 hours ago, Cville-Raven said:

On top of that we are left with what is either a cliffhanger or a terrible offscreen death. Anyway, what a terrible payoff to what has been the only interesting thread for the last couple eps. I feel like the writers are intentionally wasting my time now. This is legit worse than GoT season 5.  This show moves like a timid driver who stops every 10 feet to make sure they didn't hit anyone. 

It's honestly quite astonishing that they keep doing the same thing over and over again.  We get it.  The Saviors are bad people who come and take stuff.  Do we need 5 episodes showing the same thing over and over with a small storyline developing in the background for a grand total of about 5 minutes?

It also makes me pretty confused/angry that a show like TWD can stick around for 2359 seasons but a show like The Leftovers, which is far superior in every single aspect, can only muster up 3 seasons due to low viewership.

On 3/19/2017 at 8:06 PM, rmw10 said:

On 3/20/2017 at 4:43 AM, rmw10 said:

It's honestly quite astonishing that they keep doing the same thing over and over again.  We get it.  The Saviors are bad people who come and take stuff.  Do we need 5 episodes showing the same thing over and over with a small storyline developing in the background for a grand total of about 5 minutes?

Its so bad.  Its literally rinse and repeat.  How dumb are these people?  I seriously hope Neegan kills every single one of them. 

On 3/20/2017 at 4:59 AM, rmw10 said:

It also makes me pretty confused/angry that a show like TWD can stick around for 2359 seasons but a show like The Leftovers, which is far superior in every single aspect, can only muster up 3 seasons due to low viewership.

I heard Leftovers was good, sell me on it?

6 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

Its so bad.  Its literally rinse and repeat.  How dumb are these people?  I seriously hope Neegan kills every single one of them. 

I heard Leftovers was good, sell me on it?

You need to walk in with an open mind on The Leftovers, and if you do that, I'm sure you'll love it.  Don't expect answers because you never really get them.  I've never once cared about the answers because the journey is worth the watch.  I've made it no secret that Better Call Saul and Fargo are the best shows on TV right now, and I'd honestly put The Leftovers in that realm.  It's an immersive experience that I don't think I've ever really gotten from a show.  If you do end up watching it, commit to both seasons.  The first season was still very good, but the second season took it to a whole new level.

2 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

You need to walk in with an open mind on The Leftovers, and if you do that, I'm sure you'll love it.  Don't expect answers because you never really get them.  I've never once cared about the answers because the journey is worth the watch.  I've made it no secret that Better Call Saul and Fargo are the best shows on TV right now, and I'd honestly put The Leftovers in that realm.  It's an immersive experience that I don't think I've ever really gotten from a show.  If you do end up watching it, commit to both seasons.  The first season was still very good, but the second season took it to a whole new level.

I think you are the one who turned me onto Fargo, so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.  What board are you going to after this one plummets into the abyss 

37 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

I think you are the one who turned me onto Fargo, so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.  What board are you going to after this one plummets into the abyss 

Not sure in all honesty.  I have an account at RSR already so I'll probably surface there from time to time, but for the most part, I'll probably be doing less and less posting wherever that might be.

2 hours ago, rmw10 said:

Not sure in all honesty.  I have an account at RSR already so I'll probably surface there from time to time, but for the most part, I'll probably be doing less and less posting wherever that might be.

Yea, understandable, such a shame, ive gotten a lot of good tv and movie suggestions from people on here.  But ill check out the show

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:39 AM, usmccharles said:

Honestly I don't really care for any of the original characters, I liked Glen, but yea......I actually like the villains more, Neegan is easily my favorite character even with him hardly being around. 

Homeland I think was actually a good episode on Sunday night.  But still, I doubt anything is going to redeem this season.

Bad news for anyone who liked Marco Polo (I did), its been canceled. 

Billions is finally back! Awesome first episode. 

At the recommendation of a lot of people, I started with Season 1 of The Walking Dead just after Christmas and I am almost caught up. I'm about four episodes behind right now. I have to disagree about Negan (though I do think he is a good actor, especially on Supernatural). I definitely don't need to see more of him. The most interesting villains are the ones who at least have some redeeming qualities. He is so one dimensional. I totally agree that I feel like I am watching the same thing over and over again. After investing all that time watching, I really think they have run out of ideas as this season has been a huge disappointment.

22 minutes ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

At the recommendation of a lot of people, I started with Season 1 of The Walking Dead just after Christmas and I am almost caught up. I'm about four episodes behind right now. I have to disagree about Negan (though I do think he is a good actor, especially on Supernatural). I definitely don't need to see more of him. The most interesting villains are the ones who at least have some redeeming qualities. He is so one dimensional. I totally agree that I feel like I am watching the same thing over and over again. After investing all that time watching, I really think they have run out of ideas as this season has been a huge disappointment.

I mean, its kind of hard to disagree with who is my favorite character lol.  I just enjoy the aspect of how he is, how ruthless he is, and I find him absolutely hilarious.  Simon is also a guy I continuously find amusing.  What other villains with redeeming qualities are you a fan of? 

Also, the Gregory and Jesus monologue was just terrible.  I cant buy either one in that situation, I was excited to see Jesus develop more but there is something about him that I just cant stand 

11 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

I mean, its kind of hard to disagree with who is my favorite character lol.  I just enjoy the aspect of how he is, how ruthless he is, and I find him absolutely hilarious.  Simon is also a guy I continuously find amusing.  What other villains with redeeming qualities are you a fan of? 

Also, the Gregory and Jesus monologue was just terrible.  I cant buy either one in that situation, I was excited to see Jesus develop more but there is something about him that I just cant stand 

:D Lol, I guess I didn't express that quite right. Of course Negan can be your favorite. I just think they could have done so much more with his character. Favorite villains? Amanda from Nikita and Crowley from Supernatural are two examples. And speaking of Gregory, the actor who portrays him, Xander Berkeley, was my previous least favorite villain (as Percy) in Nikita, lol.  I'm not sure about Jesus. I think I could like him, but I don't yet. Disclaimer, I don't watch a lot of tv. It needs to be really good in order for me to spend my time that way, hence the disappointment in this season's TWD.

6 minutes ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

:D Lol, I guess I didn't express that quite right. Of course Negan can be your favorite. I just think they could have done so much more with his character. Favorite villains? Amanda from Nikita and Crowley from Supernatural are two examples. And speaking of Gregory, the actor who portrays him, Xander Berkeley, was my previous least favorite villain (as Percy) in Nikita, lol.  I'm not sure about Jesus. I think I could like him, but I don't yet. Disclaimer, I don't watch a lot of tv. It needs to be really good in order for me to spend my time that way, hence the disappointment in this season's TWD.

I was asking what villains in TWD you liked better, im not familiar with Supernatural.  Since you don't watch a lot of tv, I really wouldn't waste more time on this show but im sure you are like me and just too 'pot committed.'

6 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

I was asking what villains in TWD you liked better, im not familiar with Supernatural.  Since you don't watch a lot of tv, I really wouldn't waste more time on this show but im sure you are like me and just too 'pot committed.'

Yes, I feel like I invested so much time into this show that I can't stop watching...it may get good again, lol. And, I guess when you ask me that question my answer is I don't really like any of them, lol. No wait, the zombies, yeah, that's my answer. :) 

9 minutes ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

Yes, I feel like I invested so much time into this show that I can't stop watching...it may get good again, lol. And, I guess when you ask me that question my answer is I don't really like any of them, lol. No wait, the zombies, yeah, that's my answer. :) 

I honestly don't even think the zombies actually pose a threat to humans...its the disgusting acts of human towards humans. 

8 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

I honestly don't even think the zombies actually pose a threat to humans...its the disgusting acts of human towards humans. 

Agreed. So I have to ask this question. Why, oh why, did they not utilize the zombie blood/guts as a zombie deterrent more? They used it in season 1 and not again until season 5. The main characters could have used that so many times and it was as if they "forgot" that it worked. It made no sense to me at all. That was a major plot flaw in my opinion and kind of insulted my intelligence.

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

Agreed. So I have to ask this question. Why, oh why, did they not utilize the zombie blood/guts as a zombie deterrent more? They used it in season 1 and not again until season 5. The main characters could have used that so many times and it was as if they "forgot" that it worked. It made no sense to me at all. That was a major plot flaw in my opinion and kind of insulted my intelligence.

I could of swore there was a point when this was brought up in the show.  And for some reason it comes to mind that it was something to do with that everyone is basically infected in a sense...I cant exactly remember what was said, or maybe im just way too tired right now,

4 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

I could of swore there was a point when this was brought up in the show.  And for some reason it comes to mind that it was something to do with that everyone is basically infected in a sense...I cant exactly remember what was said, or maybe im just way too tired right now,

I do remember them talking about how everyone was infected, but not how that related to them not being able to use the blood. Though they did use it when they were in Alexandria. I must have missed it then. Maybe I fell asleep, lol. If you could remember sometime I would love to know the answer because it annoys the heck out of me.

25 minutes ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

I do remember them talking about how everyone was infected, but not how that related to them not being able to use the blood. Though they did use it when they were in Alexandria. I must have missed it then. Maybe I fell asleep, lol. If you could remember sometime I would love to know the answer because it annoys the heck out of me.

I believe it was Dr Jenner in Atlanta told Rick that they were all infected and that's why you see people in the early seasons that are shot turn into Zombies (like Shane) or a guy that hung himself turned as well.  Why the show has stopped that is beyond me....actually no its not: the show is garabge

23 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

I believe it was Dr Jenner in Atlanta told Rick that they were all infected and that's why you see people in the early seasons that are shot turn into Zombies (like Shane) or a guy that hung himself turned as well.  Why the show has stopped that is beyond me....actually no its not: the show is garabge

Lol. Now that is funny...and sad because it is true.

I wanted to add that Bates Motel is worth watching. Terrific acting from most of the leads.

Sorry for the interruption. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. :P

16 minutes ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

Lol. Now that is funny...and sad because it is true.

I wanted to add that Bates Motel is worth watching. Terrific acting from most of the leads.

Sorry for the interruption. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. :P

I watched Bates for a bit, I think I finished season 2.  It was mainly because I ran out of stuff to watch, but it didn't interest me enough to keep me around. 

Vikings, Black Sails, Billions, Westworld, The Americans, Homeland, Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, Fargo, True Detective, Black Mirrors, Ray Donovan., The Night Of, Boardwalk Empire, The Newsroom, The Wire, Mr Robot, Silicone Valley, Tyrant, Southland.   Go waste time on all those shows...

Best villain of walking dead was Shane. It started going down hill when the governor invaded the jail and no one shot him on sight. They had a few good ideas like terminus and when they first got to Alexandria but never went anywhere with the conflict. And haven't used the zombies as any legitimate threat in years. 

Leftovers is is an awesome awesome show. I like season 1 better than 2 but both were great. There was an HBO show carnivale which ran years back that had similar intrigue. 

Right ht now I need something new that's good. Many shows I liked:!!Dead, Arrow, Flash, Suits, even thrones have just been getting worse and worse. 

I hope Saul and another season of west world can rise up.