Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ragin'Raven

Sad Eagles news

22 posts in this topic

Andy Reid's son, Garrett, was found dead in his room at Eagles training camp this morning. :( My prayers to the Reid family!

[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000046288/article/andy-reids-son-garrett-found-dead-at-eagles-camp"]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000046288/article/andy-reids-son-garrett-found-dead-at-eagles-camp[/url]

Horrible news. but im wondering why was he he there, does he work for the team in some way?

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1344178871' post='1110385']
Horrible news. but im wondering why was he he there, does he work for the team in some way?
[/quote]

He was assisting the strength coaches. Probably a way for Andy Reid to keep him close and help him through his problems! A sad time for the Reid family, who have my condolences.

A lot of coaches have their kids tag along at training camp. Sadly, something like that is how they're able to spend extra time with them. They get what, Sunday after games and Friday evenings with their families? No matter what trouble his kids have been in previously, a parent's worst nightmare is losing one of their kids, and I just can't imagine the pain that Reid, his wife, and other kids are going through right now.

This will always be on his mind but now training camp will always be the biggest reminder. Really really sad. Prayers to their family and all affected.

A parent should never have to bury their children.
This is terrible news

his son had legal problems but from what a friend of mine was saying reid was allowing his son to help out as part of his community service and so he could have access to some better role figures and see hard work does pay off , it would be really sad if this turns out to be suicide , I feel for andy and the eagles family I will keep them in prayer .

I can't even imagine...having my son die at my job site. How tragic. My prayers go out for the Reid family.

Thoughts and prayers to the Reid family. No parent should have to bury their son, what a tradegy.

Poor Andy. :(

[quote name='TheRavenouseD2008' timestamp='1344185524' post='1110430']
his son had legal problems but from what a friend of mine was saying reid was allowing his son to help out as part of his community service and so he could have access to some better role figures and see hard work does pay off , it would be really sad if this turns out to be suicide , I feel for andy and the eagles family I will keep them in prayer .
[/quote]Is it rumoured to be suicide?

I remember all of the hooplah surrounding Andy's sons a number of years ago. From what I understood they had both turned their lives around and were doing really well - it's sad no matter what the circumstances are. I'd rather not jump to any conclusions on this matter before more info is released.

lifer your right , I can not imagine as a dad finding my daughter. they said they are trying to rule out foul play according to fox 43 here in pa . I hope we all hold our kids a little closer tonight

Nice comments from Bill Belichick earlier today. I'm sure there will be other coaches around the league, including Harbaugh, that will issue statements too.

[quote name='Ragin'Raven' timestamp='1344197073' post='1110574']
Nice comments from Bill Belichick earlier today. I'm sure there will be other coaches around the league, including Harbaugh, that will issue statements too.
[/quote]

I just saw on NFL Network Harbs did say a few words to the media after the funeral. I have to say, the media shouldn't have been allowed to even been on the property and this should have been a private funeral. I know it was the son of a NFL Coach but the media did not need to be there and I felt that it was not necessary. If I was Andy Reid, I would have had police there to remove any and all media from the funeral.

I have a son so it's indescribable feelings at this time right now for Reid.........