The 2013 Draft will be known as the "Fall Flat for Matt" Sweepstakes. Quite simply like the Andrew Luck thread last year, who will be the team to draft Barkley with the 1st Overall Pick in the 2013 Draft.
I'm not quite sure yet but I have it down to five teams for next year.
- Jets: Honestly, with their QB situation I wouldn't doubt that the Jets are in position to draft a new QB, be it Barkley or anyone else.
- Raiders: They have a new GM, new HC and who knows if Carson Palmer still has it. I think if Palmer has a bad year, that it very well could mean the Raiders once again picking 1st Overall in a Draft.
- Jaguars: Right now I think between Jacksonville and Oakland, those two have been the most common teams I have seen mocked to be the 1st Overall Pick in 2013 and Blaine Gabbert is proving to be a horrible selection, MJD is holding out, Blackmon isn't signed, everything is a disaster in Jacksonville and could result in Matt Barkley coming to Jacksonville.
- Cardinals: Another bad QB situation. Kolb was injured most of last year, Skelton is ok but not a Franchise QB. If Kolb can't hold his own, I expect the Cardinals to be in the running for Matt Barkley.
- Seahawks: I think this is obvious. Matt Flynn was signed but he hasn't been given the starting job and if he loses to T-Jack, the Seahawks are in trouble. I think there is a good chance the Seahawks could have a USC Reunion between Pete Carroll and Matt Barkley.
EDIT: With a shoulder injury to Matt Barkley and the fact Geno Smith is the only other QB worth taking at the top of the first round, this thread is now the Geno Smith Sweepstakes.
Edited by JO_75, 18 November 2012 - 12:17 AM.