Untitled Document
Preseason Schedule      Official Mobile App      @Ravens on Twitter      on Instagram   

Photo

Geno Smith Sweepstakes

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,887 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

So last year it was the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes or the favorite nick name, "Suck For Luck". So since we can't use Suck for Barkley because it doesn't rhyme, I'm going to use a phrase that I saw on Walter Football.com to describe the Draft.

The 2013 Draft will be known as the "Fall Flat for Matt" Sweepstakes. Quite simply like the Andrew Luck thread last year, who will be the team to draft Barkley with the 1st Overall Pick in the 2013 Draft.

I'm not quite sure yet but I have it down to five teams for next year.

- Jets: Honestly, with their QB situation I wouldn't doubt that the Jets are in position to draft a new QB, be it Barkley or anyone else.

- Raiders: They have a new GM, new HC and who knows if Carson Palmer still has it. I think if Palmer has a bad year, that it very well could mean the Raiders once again picking 1st Overall in a Draft.

- Jaguars: Right now I think between Jacksonville and Oakland, those two have been the most common teams I have seen mocked to be the 1st Overall Pick in 2013 and Blaine Gabbert is proving to be a horrible selection, MJD is holding out, Blackmon isn't signed, everything is a disaster in Jacksonville and could result in Matt Barkley coming to Jacksonville.

- Cardinals: Another bad QB situation. Kolb was injured most of last year, Skelton is ok but not a Franchise QB. If Kolb can't hold his own, I expect the Cardinals to be in the running for Matt Barkley.

- Seahawks: I think this is obvious. Matt Flynn was signed but he hasn't been given the starting job and if he loses to T-Jack, the Seahawks are in trouble. I think there is a good chance the Seahawks could have a USC Reunion between Pete Carroll and Matt Barkley.

EDIT: With a shoulder injury to Matt Barkley and the fact Geno Smith is the only other QB worth taking at the top of the first round, this thread is now the Geno Smith Sweepstakes.

Edited by JO_75, 18 November 2012 - 12:17 AM.

#2 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,399 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

Well im 1 for 1, so now im going for my second, Jags.... boom

#3 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,399 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

And for the record "fall flat for matt" was far from your idea, you got it from walterfootball.com

#4 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,080 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

My guess it that it will be Raiders. Then it would probably the Browns or Dolphins even though they just drafted Tannehill and Weeden.

I don't think the Seahawks will even target a QB next season. They traded for Flynn and drafted Wilson in the 3rd. Both are already impressing coaches in training camp. They'll probably target some offensive line help, especially with the deep class in the next years draft.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#5 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,887 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

And for the record "fall flat for matt" was far from your idea, you got it from walterfootball.com

I never said it was my idea, I just said that is what I'm going to be calling it.

Though, I will give you credit, even without Peyton I didn't think the Colts would be the worst team so maybe you can be right about the Jaguars and be 2 for 2.

#6 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,399 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

I never said it was my idea, I just said that is what I'm going to be calling it.

Though, I will give you credit, even without Peyton I didn't think the Colts would be the worst team so maybe you can be right about the Jaguars and be 2 for 2.

i see you changed your initial post, i was going to quote you.. you said you came up with a name, then on the next line said fall flat for matt, and i caught you out :) haha

#7 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,399 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

if that gabbert is playing a full year, and mjd holds out like CJ does, that offense will be horrible because itl take mjd a few games to get up and running. Im not sure the d can play at that same level as well.

#8 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,592 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

Ninja edit! No edit evidence!

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#9 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,887 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

I'm very very sneaky sir!

Edited by JO_75, 01 August 2012 - 04:00 PM.

#10 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,399 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

thats the first time ive really truly seen it, was done very quick!

#11 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,687 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

"Play like malarkey for Barkley"
Posted Image

#12 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,887 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

"Play like malarkey for Barkley"

Very Creative sir!

#13 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

With the 1st overall pick of the 2013 draft, the Miami Dolphins select...

#14 Clutch Ravens

Clutch Ravens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

I'm going to go with the Jaguars.

Gabbert sucks.

MJD is holding out.

Blackmon is acting like a tool.

I think the Browns are capable of running them close, but without MJD they don't have an offense and, even if he does end his hold-out soon he led the league in touches last year, which tends to mean a decline in production.
2013 BR.com Mock Draft: Arizona Cardinals
#7 Overall - Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon
#38 Overall - Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
#94 Overall - Corey Lemonier, OLB, Auburn
#113 Overall - E.J. Manuel, QB, FSU
#144 Overall - Joseph Randle, RB, OSU
#178 Overall - Jordan Mills, OT/G, Louisiana Tech
#218 Overall - Greg Reid, CB, FSU
#224 Overall - Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas

#15 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,941 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

Barkley isnt the best QB in next year's draft. Teams are going to have make a tough decision because i forsee Jags, Browns, Rams having the worst records and they all have used first round picks recently at that position.

Hop on board the Draft Odell Beckham JR Bandwagon! Taking all comers! 

#16 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,399 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

who do you think, is tyler bray? Logan thomas? Tyler Wilson? No way you think its Landry Jones

#17 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,941 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

who do you think, is tyler bray? Logan thomas? Tyler Wilson? No way you think its Landry Jones

Tyler Wilson. Very poised in the pocket. Smart. Tough. Mobile. Ideal size. Good accuracy. He has everything you look for in a QB. His numbers probably wont be as good as Barkley because he plays in SEC and doesnt have Woods and Lee to throw to.

#18 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,887 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

Barkley isnt the best QB in next year's draft. Teams are going to have make a tough decision because i forsee Jags, Browns, Rams having the worst records and they all have used first round picks recently at that position.

Ok, now it seems we are stating the obvious teams. Does anyone here see a SURPRISE team taking Barkley? I mean nobody expected Luck to end up in Indy, is there any surprise team who may end up taking him? I say it's between the Jets or Cowboys.

#19 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,941 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

Ok, now it seems we are stating the obvious teams. Does anyone here see a SURPRISE team taking Barkley? I mean nobody expected Luck to end up in Indy, is there any surprise team who may end up taking him? I say it's between the Jets or Cowboys.

Neither of those teams will be drafting top 5. Maybe Denver if Peyton gets hurt...they went all in with him. Maybe Arizona but I think they will be decent again. Wilson and Barkley will most likely both be top 5 picks.

#20 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

Well I think everyone knew Luck was going to Indy as soon as Peyton Manning's return was doubtful.

Are we talking about who has the worst record in the league by week 17 or who might trade up to get him? Because there practically no teams IMO that will trade up to get a QB as of now. Everyone has either their franchise guy or a young player they intend to groom.

The Dolphins, Jags, Colts, Redskins, Vikings, Bucs, Cardinals, and Rams are all bottom-ranked teams from last year that will be in the discussion for worst team of 2012. With that large of a group, it's hard to see any other team make a fall so low that they surpass those 8 teams in suckiness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users