Untitled Document
Preseason Schedule      Official Mobile App      @Ravens on Twitter      on Instagram   

Photo

2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

• Please log in to reply
3121 replies to this topic

#1 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,518 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

With the draft, an off-season with the potential to see some top talents move teams, and the Olympics all on the horizon, I thought it would make sense to start a thread to discuss everything to do with the NBA.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#2 FerrariFan87

FerrariFan87

Trust Me, A Jedi I Am

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,170 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

Since when do new topics have to make sense? I kid...

Do you see Anthony Davis making a significant impact in NO this season?

Posted Image

#3 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,518 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

Since when do new topics have to make sense? I kid...

Do you see Anthony Davis making a significant impact in NO this season?

:lol:

He should make an impact on the defensive end. It's probably going to take him a while to become a legitimate scoring presence.

Posted Image

#4 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,080 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

I see Davis being there top scorer. Who else do they got? Haha. Over time I think he'll become a beast for them.

I think MKG will have the best career.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#5 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:35 AM

Sigh. Ray Allen and Steve Nash would like to play for the Heat. Will they even have the money for them? I guess they would have to take less money to play there?

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#6 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,518 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

I see Davis being there top scorer. Who else do they got? Haha. Over time I think he'll become a beast for them.

I think MKG will have the best career.

Assuming they re-sign him, Eric Gordon will be their top scorer, easily.

Of any player in the draft? I think Beal, Barnes or Terrence Jones will be the most successful players. I like MKG, but he's raw offensively and he can't really shoot.

Sigh. Ray Allen and Steve Nash would like to play for the Heat. Will they even have the money for them? I guess they would have to take less money to play there?

Both would have to take well below what they're worth. Exciting times.

Edited by Ed_Reed20, 26 June 2012 - 07:33 AM.

Posted Image

#7 ravens__

ravens__

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

If Allen and Nash take their talents to South Beach, the league should just go ahead and award the Heat their 2nd championship in a row.

2010 BR.com "You Pick 'em" Champion

10fqgjp.jpg

#8 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,746 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

If Allen and Nash take their talents to South Beach, the league should just go ahead and award the Heat their 2nd championship in a row.

The real question would be whether or not they beat the bulls reg season record
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#9 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,080 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

Assuming they re-sign him, Eric Gordon will be their top scorer, easily.

Of any player in the draft? I think Beal, Barnes or Terrence Jones will be the most successful players. I like MKG, but he's raw offensively and he can't really shoot.

Oh yeah, I forgot they got Gordon. I still think he'll contribute a lot offensively, whether thats offensive rebounds or scoring in the post.

And yeah, I think he'll have the best career when it's all said and done for players coming out this draft. MKG is still very young, (I think his 19th birthday is on draft night) so he has a lot of time to try and develope his offensive game more. I love the way he attacks the rim, he just stands out to me.

#10 ravens__

ravens__

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot they got Gordon. I still think he'll contribute a lot offensively, whether thats offensive rebounds or scoring in the post.

And yeah, I think he'll have the best career when it's all said and done for players coming out this draft. MKG is still very young, (I think his 19th birthday is on draft night) so he has a lot of time to try and develope his offensive game more. I love the way he attacks the rim, he just stands out to me.

Beal's birthday is on draft night.

Honestly, the Wizards can do no wrong with whoever they pick be it, MKG, Beal or Robinson if he gets past Charlotte. If you had asked me a month or even a week ago, I would have told you MKG is the more logical pick of the three but after the acquisition of Ariza, Beal is the heavy favorite.

2010 BR.com "You Pick 'em" Champion

10fqgjp.jpg

#11 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,080 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

Beal's birthday is on draft night.

Honestly, the Wizards can do no wrong with whoever they pick be it, MKG, Beal or Robinson if he gets past Charlotte. If you had asked me a month or even a week ago, I would have told you MKG is the more logical pick of the three but after the acquisition of Ariza, Beal is the heavy favorite.

That's right, MKG is on September 28th. Even though the Wizards made that trade I still would hate to look back and regret passing on him.

#12 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,941 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

I dont really get the Steve Nash to Miami talk. It just doesnt make sense from a basketball standpoint. Lebron and Wade already dominate the ball, which is what Nash does best. He is also a great shooter and I could see him fitting in as a 3 point shooter who can create. I just think it would be a shame to put Nash on a team where his true passing brilliance goes by the way. Then again, I want to see Nash win a title so I might actually cheer for that team.

Hop on board the Draft Odell Beckham JR Bandwagon! Taking all comers! 

#13 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,080 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

I think Nash would fit well there. He'll probably lead the league in assist haha. I too would root for Nash to get his ring.

#14 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,941 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

I think Nash would fit well there. He'll probably lead the league in assist haha. I too would root for Nash to get his ring.

I disagree here. The offense needs to run through Lebron, the Finals made that abundantly clear. What does Nash do? Get the ball to Lebron? Waste of talent.

#15 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,080 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

I disagree here. The offense needs to run through Lebron, the Finals made that abundantly clear. What does Nash do? Get the ball to Lebron? Waste of talent.

He'll just take Chalmers role. A more talented weapon on the floor thats a threat to do anything. Nash could get his ring, and help Cole develope in the process so one day Cole could become the starter. I know Chalmers still has years left on his contract but if the Heat decide they want to move him, or just rotate Nash/Chalmers/Cole together (which is scary) if they can even afford to do that.

Chalmers is nice and still young, but if I could choose between Nash and him to play PG on the Heat (& only the Heat) then I would choose Nash. I also think Cole is very promising.

Edited by Ravens<3, 26 June 2012 - 06:05 PM.

#16 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,941 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

He'll just take Chalmers role. A more talented weapon on the floor thats a threat to do anything. Nash could get his ring, and help Cole develope in the process so one day Cole could become the starter. I know Chalmers still has years left on his contract but if the Heat decide they want to move him, or just rotate Nash/Chalmers/Cole together (which is scary) if they can even afford to do that.

Chalmers is nice and still young, but if I could choose between Nash and him to play PG on the Heat (& only the Heat) then I would choose Nash. I also think Cole is very promising.

Nash is clearly a better PG than Chalmers, but Mario plays an important role for the Heat. He plays D, hits open jumpers, and occasionally makes a play. Nash would do well I am sure, but his defense is a liability. I would rather see him play on a team where he can direct an offense and create. Ray Allen on the other hand would be a great fit in Miami.

#17 FerrariFan87

FerrariFan87

Trust Me, A Jedi I Am

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,170 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Yeah, I read that any free agent that wants to sign with the Heat will have to settle for the "Mid-Level Exception"... both guys are millionaires many times over, so money shouldn't be the deciding factor.

Posted Image

#18 FerrariFan87

FerrariFan87

Trust Me, A Jedi I Am

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,170 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

P.S. My Heat championship t-shirt finally shipped!! :)

Posted Image

#19 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,518 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

Nash is clearly a better PG than Chalmers, but Mario plays an important role for the Heat. He plays D, hits open jumpers, and occasionally makes a play. Nash would do well I am sure, but his defense is a liability. I would rather see him play on a team where he can direct an offense and create. Ray Allen on the other hand would be a great fit in Miami.

I agree wholeheartedly. It may not happen but Chalmers still has time to develop into a more consistent player. As great as Nash is, I'd prefer it if Mario remained the starter with all he brings to the team and continue watching Cole develop. Landing Allen would be amazing. He'd complete the second unit.

P.S. My Heat championship t-shirt finally shipped!!

Awesome. Looking to pick one up myself really soon.

Edited by Ed_Reed20, 27 June 2012 - 01:39 PM.

Posted Image

#20 FerrariFan87

FerrariFan87

Trust Me, A Jedi I Am

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,170 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

Does anyone think the Rockets will be able to land D-Howard (and subsequently sign him long-term) AND get D-Will in free agency?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users