Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Militant X 1

Can We "Sweep" The NFC East?

92 posts in this topic

LOL at all you people saying the NFC East out of all divisions should be easy wins for our Ravens. NFC East is the toughest division in the league and its been that way since the early 90's. You see what the Giants record was going into the playoffs and most of their losses came from in house. Even though I'm optimistic that our Ravens can possibly sweep the NFC East, if not go 3-1, I'm not foolish enough to say the NFC East is week.

Eagles started coming on towards their last 5 games and it took them a little time to get it together but they have it together now and any team with Vick at QB is a dangerous team.

Redskins actually played pretty solid last year despite their QB issues and they even went toe to toe with the Pats losing in the end and I think they beat the SB Champs twice last season. That was Shananhans rookie year with the team so 1 year under their belt under his system wll only make them more dangerous and you add RG3 in the mix and that team becomes scary a little. I believe RG3 will catch on quick sort of like Cam, the kid is very keen.

The Giants will be tough regardless with their confidence sky high coming off their SB victory and Eli has potential to look like his brother a lot of times. They have the best front 4 in the business and with the question marks surrounding our O-line this season, could be a tough one for us, especially if we don't get Rice going like we did a few times last season.

[quote name='wayne' timestamp='1341020533' post='1094451']
LOL at all you people saying the NFC East out of all divisions should be easy wins for our Ravens. NFC East is the toughest division in the league and its been that way since the early 90's. You see what the Giants record was going into the playoffs and most of their losses came from in house. Even though I'm optimistic that our Ravens can possibly sweep the NFC East, if not go 3-1, I'm not foolish enough to say the NFC East is week.

Eagles started coming on towards their last 5 games and it took them a little time to get it together but they have it together now and any team with Vick at QB is a dangerous team.

Redskins actually played pretty solid last year despite their QB issues and they even went toe to toe with the Pats losing in the end and I think they beat the SB Champs twice last season. That was Shananhans rookie year with the team so 1 year under their belt under his system wll only make them more dangerous and you add RG3 in the mix and that team becomes scary a little. I believe RG3 will catch on quick sort of like Cam, the kid is very keen.

The Giants will be tough regardless with their confidence sky high coming off their SB victory and Eli has potential to look like his brother a lot of times. They have the best front 4 in the business and with the question marks surrounding our O-line this season, could be a tough one for us, especially if we don't get Rice going like we did a few times last season.
[/quote]
The NFC East is very overrated; that being said I do agree that there are tough teams in that division. It alternates between the Eagles and Giants as to who takes the division . The AFC North is by far the toughest.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1341022577' post='1094457']

The NFC East is very overrated; that being said I do agree that there are tough teams in that division. It alternates between the Eagles and Giants as to who takes the division . The AFC North is by far the toughest.
[/quote]

How is that division overrated? That division ain't as tuff as it was in the early 90's but make no mistake, still the toughest division in football. Browns ruining the AFC North chances of being the toughest and the weakest team in the NFC East is the Redskins and the Browns aren't better than the Skins and I will take the 3rd toughest team in the NFC East over the Bengals which is the 3rd toughest team in the AFC North.

You will see this season, watch how the records fair between the two divisions and that will tell it all.

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1341014450' post='1094427']
[b][font=trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#4b0082]i'm not saying that they are all of that either. but, i definitely would consider them to be scrubs.[/color][/font][/b]
[/quote]

I never assumed you did consider them "all that". But there are a lot of people who would argue that since they won the SB last season they are the team to beat. I just do not agree. Scrubs may be too harsh, but less than stellar, and little to no threat to a "well played" Ravens team, that I will readily state, with full conviction. Had Evans not been stripped of that ball, I have NO doubt that the Ravens would have[u] easily[/u] taken the SB, last season. No doubt at all.

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1341026407' post='1094466']
I never assumed you did consider them "all that". But there are a lot of people who would argue that since they won the SB last season they are the team to beat. I just do not agree. Scrubs may be too harsh, but less than stellar, and little to no threat to a "well played" Ravens team, that I will readily state, with full conviction. [b]Had Evans not been stripped of that ball, I have NO doubt that the Ravens would have easily taken the SB[/b], last season. No doubt at all.
[/quote]

[color=#4b0082][font=trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif][b]i hear you and i agree that the Ravens would have beat them in the SB.[/b][/font][/color]

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1341026716' post='1094468']
[color=#4b0082][font=trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif][b]i hear you and i agree that the Ravens would have beat them in the SB.[/b][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Makes that strip all the harder to bear doesn't it?

[quote name='wayne' timestamp='1341023295' post='1094458']
How is that division overrated? That division ain't as tuff as it was in the early 90's but make no mistake, still the toughest division in football. Browns ruining the AFC North chances of being the toughest and the weakest team in the NFC East is the Redskins and the Browns aren't better than the Skins and I will take the 3rd toughest team in the AFC North over the Bengals which is the 3rd toughest team in the AFC North.

You will see this season, watch how the records fair between the two divisions and that will tell it all.
[/quote]
We'll see but the Browns have a young top 10 D, the Redskins not so much. The only reason I agree that the skins are better than the browns is because of RG3.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1341070742' post='1094489']
We'll see but the Browns have a young top 10 D, the Redskins not so much. The only reason I agree that the skins are better than the browns is because of [s]RG3 [/s][b]a player who hasn't played an NFL down[/b].
[/quote]

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1341070742' post='1094489']

We'll see but the Browns have a young top 10 D, the Redskins not so much. The only reason I agree that the skins are better than the browns is because of RG3.
[/quote]

Redskins team was good before RG3 came on the scene but playing in such a tough division, it waters how good they are down b/c of how good the other teams are in that division. Also, if the Skins D wasn't in the Top 10 this past season, it was atleast Top 15.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1341075341' post='1094496']
[/quote]
I only mean that potential wise.

[quote name='wayne' timestamp='1341023295' post='1094458']
How is that division overrated? That division ain't as tuff as it was in the early 90's but make no mistake, still the toughest division in football. Browns ruining the AFC North chances of being the toughest and the weakest team in the NFC East is the Redskins and the Browns aren't better than the Skins and I will take the 3rd toughest team in the NFC East over the Bengals which is the 3rd toughest team in the AFC North.

[/quote]

You seriously believe that NFC East is the toughest division in the league. Hmmm. Interesting. I agree with your assessment of the Browns.They will be lucky to take one game. The Bengals will split, win two lose two. I expect the Ravens and the Steelers to sweep. Still, maybe you are right and it could be interesting, but I doubt it.

And the Skins are good, I think they are the best team in that division, they just had some tough breaks.

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1341113899' post='1094603']
You seriously believe that NFC East is the toughest division in the league. Hmmm. Interesting. I agree with your assessment of the Browns.They will be lucky to take one game. The Bengals will split, win two lose two. I expect the Ravens and the Steelers to sweep. Still, maybe you are right and it could be interesting, but I doubt it.

And the Skins are good, I think they are the best team in that division, they just had some tough breaks.
[/quote]

The Skins aren't good. They've posted 3 losing seasons in a row, doing nothing more notable then the Browns in that time period. They have two playoff wins in the past 15 years. The Cowboys are the most annoyingly overrated team in the world. They're mediocre all the way through and dominate the headlines simply because they're the Cowboys. The Eagles have been up and down but were certainly down last year. The Giants are the only notable team in the division, but the Ravens are better.

[quote name='Blex64' timestamp='1341117896' post='1094611']
The Skins aren't good. They've posted 3 losing seasons in a row, doing nothing more notable then the Browns in that time period. They have two playoff wins in the past 15 years. The Cowboys are the most annoyingly overrated team in the world. They're mediocre all the way through and dominate the headlines simply because they're the Cowboys. The Eagles have been up and down but were certainly down last year. The Giants are the only notable team in the division, but the Ravens are better.
[/quote]

I agree with that assessment, although I think that the Skins are due. They potentially have the elements, they just need to get it together.

[quote name='OUravensfan' timestamp='1347873542' post='1155868']
Unfortunately this has been answered
[/quote]
Sshhuuutttup. -___-
lol

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1347875770' post='1155879']
Sshhuuutttup. -___-
lol
[/quote]

yea i know, someone referenced this thread in another thread so I followed the link and figured i might as well post in it. We should of won this one, Dallas is inconsistent and I think we should exercise our experience of winning over them. Washington might be a tougher test than originally thought and the Giants will be tough.

I think we should go 3-1to throught the NFC East, the giants don't scare me at all they have not been looking like superbowl champs, the cowboys was who worried me... but not anymore after Sunday. And the redskins only worry me because the ravens have a history of losing to teams we should beat with no pr

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1347897891' post='1156310']
What a difference a day makes!!!!!! [u][b](Unbelievable )the question of us sweeping them was even asked[/b][/u].
[/quote]

well, after yesterday the question has been answered (No!) but there was nothing "unbelievable" about asking this question BEFORE the season started. you said this as though the eagles just dominated and blew the Ravens out! smh!

~Mili

[quote name='wayne' timestamp='1339477806' post='1088361']
It's very possible but the loss of Suggs has a major effect on doing that also so I'm going to say we are either going to go 3-1 or 2-2 vs the NFC East!
[/quote]

Just wanted to bump this and I feel 3-1 will be it.

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1347949876' post='1157460']
well, after yesterday the question has been answered (No!) [b]but there was nothing "unbelievable" about asking this question BEFORE the season started. [/b] you said this as though the eagles just dominated and blew the Ravens out! smh!

~Mili
[/quote]There is Dallas, The Redskins pre Orakpo, and Carriker injuries.. The super bowl champs in the Giants. Smdh.We have gotten awfully full of ourselves as fans don't you think. smh

The Cowboys are kind of overrated (yeah, big news there) and the Redskins shouldn't be a problem, but playing against the Giants close to the end of the regular season, which is usually the time, when they get hot? I think the Giants might be our toughest match up on the schedule.

It really depends on the offense. I do think there are plenty of games, that are much easier than playing against the Eagles in Philly, which we could've won (or probably should've).
It ultimately comes down to how fast this new offensive look starts clicking. I thought we were there already in week 1, but clearly we're not yet. I think we still have trouble using it on the road due to noise, I still think Joe doesn't audible enough out of Cams plays, when Cam suddenly becomes unimaginative and stubborn (Joe did it against Cinci though, so that might be connected to the noise thing) and we still need to adjust faster to defensive looks (last season, we were running the ball even if it didn't work, now we do the opposite?).

I think the schedule will work in our favor. At home we will have a good shot at dealing with the Pats and the week after, we're heading to KC were we face an average Chiefs team with an excellent crowd (perfect test for no-huddle on the road). I have my fingers crossed we have worked out the kinks already by then.

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1347953902' post='1157487']
There is Dallas, The Redskins pre Orakpo, and Carriker injuries.. The super bowl champs in the Giants. [b]Smdh[/b].We have gotten awfully full of ourselves as fans don't you think. [b]smh[/b]
[/quote]

RBates....it was a simple question to ask BEFORE the season started as a "conversation" starter in here...nothing more! Dallas won last week and lost this week. Redskins won last week and lost this week. Ravens won last week and lost this week. Giants lost last week and won this week. and the Eagles have squeaked out 2 wins in a row by 1pt. one of those games to the browns! so it is NOT like the NFC East has just been soooo dominant in the first 2 weeks bruh!

now when it comes to the "smh" thing....everyone in here knows that NO ONE does it better than me. so, let me SMH @ you "trying" to syh. LOL!

~Mili

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1347953902' post='1157487']
There is Dallas, The Redskins pre Orakpo, and Carriker injuries.. The super bowl champs in the Giants. Smdh.We have gotten awfully full of ourselves as fans don't you think. smh
[/quote]
[IMG]http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w496/gordonfrombaltimore/wtf.png[/IMG] What the heck is your problem? lol [i]smh[/i]
[IMG]http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w496/gordonfrombaltimore/smh2.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1347976010' post='1157601']
RBates....it was a simple question to ask BEFORE the season started as a "conversation" starter in here...nothing more! Dallas won last week and lost this week. Redskins won last week and lost this week. Ravens won last week and lost this week. Giants lost last week and won this week. and the Eagles have squeaked out 2 wins in a row by 1pt. one of those games to the browns! so it is NOT like the NFC East has just been soooo dominant in the first 2 weeks bruh!

now when it comes to the "smh" thing....everyone in here knows that NO ONE does it better than me. so, let me SMH @ you "trying" to syh. LOL!

~Mili
[/quote]Lmao........ SMH Just starting junk nothing more. SMH at the SMH king.......I dropped the mic and walked off.