Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Watch Training Camp LIVE Thursday at 8:30 am ET

Ravens training camp kicks off Thursday & we're bringing the action directly to you! News, analysis, giveaways and more! More info »
Close

Photo

Jacoby Jones Signs With Ravens

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
357 replies to this topic

#1 gregreid5

gregreid5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

I thought this was worth posting here for discussion

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

#2 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,754 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

No, No, No, we got Streeter, Doss, and Q, not this guy.

#3 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,279 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

No, No, No, we got Streeter, Doss, and Q, not this guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg2u_De8j5o

He came in for a visit... what's the big deal? It's just a VISIT. Plus it doesn't hurt to have more depth and improve our special teams which was horrible last year.

#4 Token

Token

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

He came in for a visit... what's the big deal? It's just a VISIT. Plus it doesn't hurt to have more depth and improve our special teams which was horrible last year.

After hearing Texans fans complaining about him being useless on STs and on the field at WR all season, I'd rather not have him.
Especially after the playoff game.

Edited by Token, 06 May 2012 - 09:05 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Kwothdaraven

Kwothdaraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

Much rather have our young guys get a shot

#6 tctony

tctony

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

Nooooo. Don't need that scrub.

GO RAVENS!

Posted Image

#7 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

Ozzie, I don't ask for much from you, except to trade up for Floyd, but please dont make this move. He was our 12th... 13th man after you count the fans last year in the playoffs, we already have a fumbling special teamer/unused receiver in David Reed. Let the young guys battle it out. Laquan would be a much better option and shows potential as a receiver.

#8 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,428 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

No thanks

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#9 Ravens1991

Ravens1991

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

Apparently he averaged 10.6 yards a punt return last season. But Texans fans hate on him as a WR. I would like him just to increase the competition for the 3rd WR spot and have a secure PR. But I predict he will want too much money,

#10 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

I would say no because he's been mediocre thoughout his career. He had stretches where he would been a great playmaker and then he had stretches where he was invisible throughout the game.

I want Tandon Doss and LaQuan Williams thrown into the fire because old veteran WRs have been screwing us lately.

Time to depend on the young guys.

#11 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,863 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

I get fried for doubting some of the draft picks and get "Ozzie knows more about them then you", which I TOTALLY agree but doesn't that mean he knows how to find Free agent talent too?

In Ozzie we trust, just kicking tires at this point.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#12 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

I get fried for doubting some of the draft picks and get "Ozzie knows more about them then you", which I TOTALLY agree but doesn't that mean he knows how to find Free agent talent too?

In Ozzie we trust unless it comes to wr and I don't wanna hear crap about Torrey Smith. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, which probably would be a better wideout scout than we have or have had up to this point . The FA and draft history of receivers for this team is atrocious.

#13 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,863 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

In Ozzie we trust unless it comes to wr and I don't wanna hear crap about Torrey Smith. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, which probably would be a better wideout scout than we have or have had up to this point . The FA and draft history of receivers for this team is atrocious.

So have their QB's but one is doing pretty good and he is throwing to a WR that won us a game in Pitt and kept us alive in New England.

Bringing in guys for competition is fine with me.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#14 jazz1988

jazz1988

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:53 PM

If the ravens sign him its not a guarantee he will be on the final roster. If anything he will be a nice add competition to to push wideouts like Doss, Laquan, and Reed. I rather the ravens just stick to what they have now but its no tellling what Jones could do as a ravens and he's only 28 plus he's fast with 6'2" height

#15 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,274 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

If the ravens sign him its not a guarantee he will be on the final roster. If anything he will be a nice add competition to to push wideouts like Doss, Laquan, and Reed. I rather the ravens just stick to what they have now but its no tellling what Jones could do as a ravens and he's only 28 plus he's fast with 6'2" height

He's not going to sign here with the possibility of not making the team. There are too many teams interested that would more than likely guarantee him a spot. If he signs here, he'll be on the team.

Proud Owner/GM/Coach of the Portland Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

#16 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,111 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

Jones was a very good returner last year if you forget about his huge gaffe in the playoffs. If we sign him as a ST player and let him compete for snaps on offense I won't complain.

@gabefergy

#17 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:46 AM

His track record regarding bringing in FA WRs isn't exactly stellar, unlike with the draft.

We do not need another cast off WR from another team. We have enough talent (albeit young and untested) already on the roster. Just skip the FA veteran WR this year Ozzie. Perhaps we won't have a crucial drop in the playoffs this year.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#18 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,398 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qouHmCv9DfM

“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.” - MLK

#19 PWNEDbyDEANO

PWNEDbyDEANO

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:26 AM

No harm in kicking the tires I guess. But I still don't want us to sign him. If we're as high as DeCosta claims we are on Doss, D.Reed and LaQuan then I doubt we sign him. Unless they aren't so hot on Asa Jackson's (or anyone elses) ability to return kicks

Edited by PWNEDbyDEANO, 07 May 2012 - 04:27 AM.

#20 TheMadRaven

TheMadRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:38 AM

I hope no on this cat. Honestly though can he be any worse than 'Captain Fumble' himself - Mr. David Reed?
Fair weather fans need not apply.