Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gregreid5

Jacoby Jones Signs With Ravens

358 posts in this topic

I thought this was worth posting here for discussion

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828e9d3d/article/freeagent-receiver-jacoby-jones-visits-with-baltimore-ravens?module=HP11_headline_stack

No, No, No, we got Streeter, Doss, and Q, not this guy.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg2u_De8j5o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg2u_De8j5o[/url]

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1336355101' post='1073051']
No, No, No, we got Streeter, Doss, and Q, not this guy.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg2u_De8j5o[/media]
[/quote]

He came in for a visit... what's the big deal? It's just a VISIT. Plus it doesn't hurt to have more depth and improve our special teams which was horrible last year.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1336356078' post='1073055']
He came in for a visit... what's the big deal? It's just a VISIT. Plus it doesn't hurt to have more depth and improve our special teams which was horrible last year.
[/quote]

After hearing Texans fans complaining about him being useless on STs and on the field at WR all season, I'd rather not have him.
Especially after the playoff game.

Ozzie, I don't ask for much from you, except to trade up for Floyd, but please dont make this move. He was our 12th... 13th man after you count the fans last year in the playoffs, we already have a fumbling special teamer/unused receiver in David Reed. Let the young guys battle it out. Laquan would be a much better option and shows potential as a receiver.

Apparently he averaged 10.6 yards a punt return last season. But Texans fans hate on him as a WR. I would like him just to increase the competition for the 3rd WR spot and have a secure PR. But I predict he will want too much money,

I would say no because he's been mediocre thoughout his career. He had stretches where he would been a great playmaker and then he had stretches where he was invisible throughout the game.

I want Tandon Doss and LaQuan Williams thrown into the fire because old veteran WRs have been screwing us lately.

Time to depend on the young guys.

I get fried for doubting some of the draft picks and get "Ozzie knows more about them then you", which I TOTALLY agree but doesn't that mean he knows how to find Free agent talent too?

In Ozzie we trust, just kicking tires at this point.

[quote name='Alexir' timestamp='1336362578' post='1073092']
I get fried for doubting some of the draft picks and get "Ozzie knows more about them then you", which I TOTALLY agree but doesn't that mean he knows how to find Free agent talent too?

[/quote]

In Ozzie we trust unless it comes to wr and I don't wanna hear crap about Torrey Smith. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, which probably would be a better wideout scout than we have or have had up to this point . The FA and draft history of receivers for this team is atrocious.

[quote name='redrum52' timestamp='1336363009' post='1073096']
In Ozzie we trust unless it comes to wr and I don't wanna hear crap about Torrey Smith. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, which probably would be a better wideout scout than we have or have had up to this point . The FA and draft history of receivers for this team is atrocious.
[/quote]

So have their QB's but one is doing pretty good and he is throwing to a WR that won us a game in Pitt and kept us alive in New England.

Bringing in guys for competition is fine with me.

If the ravens sign him its not a guarantee he will be on the final roster. If anything he will be a nice add competition to to push wideouts like Doss, Laquan, and Reed. I rather the ravens just stick to what they have now but its no tellling what Jones could do as a ravens and he's only 28 plus he's fast with 6'2" height

[quote name='jazz1988' timestamp='1336366421' post='1073108']
If the ravens sign him its not a guarantee he will be on the final roster. If anything he will be a nice add competition to to push wideouts like Doss, Laquan, and Reed. I rather the ravens just stick to what they have now but its no tellling what Jones could do as a ravens and he's only 28 plus he's fast with 6'2" height
[/quote]

He's not going to sign here with the possibility of not making the team. There are too many teams interested that would more than likely guarantee him a spot. If he signs here, he'll be on the team.

Jones was a very good returner last year if you forget about his huge gaffe in the playoffs. If we sign him as a ST player and let him compete for snaps on offense I won't complain.

[quote name='Alexir' timestamp='1336362578' post='1073092']

[/quote]

His track record regarding bringing in FA WRs isn't exactly stellar, unlike with the draft.

We do not need another cast off WR from another team. We have enough talent (albeit young and untested) already on the roster. Just skip the FA veteran WR this year Ozzie. Perhaps we won't have a crucial drop in the playoffs this year.

[quote name='BALTIMOREFLACCO' timestamp='1336361255' post='1073083']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qouHmCv9DfM[/media]

[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

No harm in kicking the tires I guess. But I still don't want us to sign him. If we're as high as DeCosta claims we are on Doss, D.Reed and LaQuan then I doubt we sign him. Unless they aren't so hot on Asa Jackson's (or anyone elses) ability to return kicks

I hope no on this cat. Honestly though can he be any worse than 'Captain Fumble' himself - Mr. David Reed?

For all you guys saying no...what happens if Q or torrey gets hurt? What if Doss, williams just cant function on the field? you never know whats going to happen, if hes cheap enough, grab him, hes made plays before

some of you need to stop with the fanboying for our backups.yall are doing the same thing everyone did when we had Troy Smith.Jacoby Jones is a better wr than Doss and Williams will ever be.tbh i never really liked the Doss pick.hes not athletic and he lacks speed.Jones is exactly what we need.hes a great returner and would be a good 3rd wr.the texans fans hated him as thier 2nd wr but we already know who our 1st and 2nd is.bottomline,if hes still here then we need to make sure that he doesnt leave bmore.

[quote name='killaflacco' timestamp='1336395175' post='1073152']
some of you need to stop with the fanboying for our backups.yall are doing the same thing everyone did when we had Troy Smith.Jacoby Jones is a better wr than[b] Doss and Williams will ever be[/b].tbh i never really liked the [b]Doss pick.hes not athletic and he lacks speed[/b].Jones is exactly what we need.hes a great returner and would be a good 3rd wr.the texans fans hated him as thier 2nd wr but we already know who our 1st and 2nd is.bottomline,if hes still here then we need to make sure that he doesnt leave bmore.
[/quote]can you see into the future?

and the second bolded part, funny, i thought i heard people say the same thing about a WR called Anquan Boldin.. he had a good career though right?

Different year. Same story

We sign some random WR that was never good enough or always hurt or is old

And then we wonder why Joe can't throw for 4000 yards and 30 td's

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1336395307' post='1073154']
can you see into the future?

and the second bolded part, funny, i thought i heard people say the same thing about a WR called Anquan Boldin.. he had a good career though right?
[/quote]

are you calling Tandon Doss the next Anquan Boldin?

[quote name='killaflacco' timestamp='1336395497' post='1073158']
are you calling Tandon Doss the next Anquan Boldin?
[/quote]were did i say that? im saying just because a guy lacks elite speed doesnt mean he cant be good.. but yes he could be, no one knows unless he is given a chance

[quote name='killaflacco' timestamp='1336395497' post='1073158']

are you calling Codizzle the next Anquan Boldin?
[/quote]

Why yes.. Yes he was

[quote name='killaflacco' timestamp='1336395175' post='1073152']
some of you need to stop with the fanboying for our backups.yall are doing the same thing everyone did when we had Troy Smith.Jacoby Jones is a better wr than Doss and Williams will ever be.tbh i never really liked the Doss pick.hes not athletic and he lacks speed.Jones is exactly what we need.hes a great returner and would be a good 3rd wr.the texans fans hated him as thier 2nd wr but we already know who our 1st and 2nd is.bottomline,if hes still here then we need to make sure that he doesnt leave bmore.
[/quote]
127 rec 1741 yds 13.7 ave 11 TD after five years in the nfl and yet your willing to say he is better than what doss or williams will ever be?

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1336396079' post='1073166']
127 rec 1741 yds 13.7 ave 11 TD after five years in the nfl and yet your willing to say he is better than what doss or williams will ever be?
[/quote]

yes.id love it for Doss to prove me wrong and become Jerry Rice like but i know football well enough to know a dud when i see one.