Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3-4ravdef509

Jacoby Jones

245 posts in this topic

According to Nfl.com [url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828b246b/article/houston-texans-reportedly-looking-to-trade-wr-jacoby-jones?module=HP11_headline_stack"]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828b246b/article/houston-texans-reportedly-looking-to-trade-wr-jacoby-jones?module=HP11_headline_stack[/url]

Texans are looking to deal him since they drafted Posey. Think there's any potential there? Never had more than 500 yards receiving in a season, but that's better production than we've got from any number 3 receiver last year. Would be someone to at least provide veteran depth and competition to our young receivers for that spot (just for the love of god do not let him field any punts or kickoffs lol)

Not for or against this, just proposing the possible scenario.

He already helped us win a playoff game... hahahaha.

Let's just draft a guy. You can probably still find his equal on the board.

[quote name='chesapeakeaviator' timestamp='1335624971' post='1063499']

[/quote]

lol too true. And I like the idea of getting younger, ad we've been missing on the veterans we bring in for years. I just don't like that aside from Boldin, the most experienced guy there has had one full year, then two unproven guys, then one who fumbled his way out of good favor. And unless we were going to add someone early with raw talent or proven skills, drafting one means more uncertainty. With Jones, you know what you're getting at least. That's me being the devil's advocate for Jones I guess though haha,

[quote name='Dfence4champs2052' timestamp='1335651440' post='1065845']
He's super fast though....crossed my mind.
[/quote]

He also never developed into a reliable complementary WR during his time Houston. He's not worth trading for.

He definitely wouldnt be worth trading for. And i wouldnt even want to pick him up as a free agent, to be quite honest.

[quote name='chesapeakeaviator' timestamp='1335624971' post='1063499']

[/quote]

I hate you for that post. Not really but it just reminded me of that moment and feeling. I could almost see his mind working and I said out loud right before he tried to pick it up "No Jones don't do it don't do it dammit he did it. That was awful.

Oh and now the theory that he's on the Ravens payroll is reinforced if goes to the Ravens. You can have him.

[quote name='Dfence4champs2052' timestamp='1335651440' post='1065845']
He's super fast though....crossed my mind.
[/quote]

Those were my thoughts

He has size/speed numbers and his highlights are nice but the word in Houston is the guy is garbage. Check out the various Texan forums, they say he chokes, can't run routes, too many drops, is a horrible return man most of the time, #3 WR at best etc etc.

If they cut him we'll take a look at him. We need a return guy thats the real issue for us. We will take anyone that is a clear cut improvement to the team.

[quote name='RavensDE' timestamp='1335906321' post='1069304']
If they cut him we'll take a look at him. We need a return guy thats the real issue for us. We will take anyone that is a clear cut improvement to the team.
[/quote]

It was reported that the texans have cut him. Maybe we take a look at him but I don't think we will actually sign him. I think we will address the return situation without signing a veteran wr who could stunt the growth of our young receivers since the FO feels good about them

EDIT: heres the link [url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/01/texans-release-jacoby-jones/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/01/texans-release-jacoby-jones/[/url]

Jabar Gaffney, Roy Williams, Randy Moss, TO and Jacoby Jones, what do they all have in common? We don't want or need them. When will these threads stop. Not to offend the posrer, but you realized he was our 13 man, 12th being the fans. We already have a wr/returner who fumbled and never sees the field, why should we waste the little Minh we have on Jones if he couldn't develop in an offense [profanity deleted] the Texans where they actually use receivers. We also have wrs of our own who are still trying to see he field. LET OUR GUYS SEE THW FIELD. If they are bad then no problem, we had them sitting on the roster anyway. Worse come to worst, we fond out the got we have is bad. If it world then we found a gem. Some people practice well and play bad in game, while some practice bad and play well. You have to throw them in the fire. I'm sick of drafting guys we never get to see play. Smith was dropping everything thrown his way, then came week 3 vs the Rams and our only memories of him now are the Steelers victory(along with the drop that almost cost us) and to me the play in the Championship game.

This guy is no different than the Lee Evans' and TJ Housh's we've signed in the past. He'll give us the occasional good plays here and there but his inconsistent nature will eventually rear its ugly head (most likely at a time we can't afford it to).

Pass on this brosif and focus on the young guns.

At this point, I would rather have our young guys be given the opportunity to develop and progress rather than most vets at this stage (save of coruse for the superstars, but that's realistically not oing to happen).

[img]http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/CATCH-THE-FOOTBALL-WITH-YOUR-FACE.gif[/img]

Do I need to explain..........

[quote name='adam713' timestamp='1335907963' post='1069345']
This guy is no different than the Lee Evans' and TJ Housh's we've signed in the past. He'll give us the occasional good plays here and there but his inconsistent nature will eventually rear its ugly head (most likely at a time we can't afford it to).

Pass on this brosif and focus on the young guns.
[/quote]

Lee Evans speed with TJ's size but could not hold a candle to either. Jacoby Jones is a waste of space.

He wasted his potential in Texas, where they could've developed him into a solid #2 behind Johnson.

His Special Team ability is now lacking, which doesn't go well with his iunconsistent WR abilities.

I think he would just waste away the extra reps that our young players need, when we know he probably won't make the roster.

I want Tandon Doss and LaQuan Williams thrown into the fire now that they're healthy and have potential to be a strong contributors. Also, Streeter needs a lot of practice softening those hands from a football throwing machine, since he has stone hands.

[quote name='RavensDE' timestamp='1335906321' post='1069304']
[/quote]

This...........exact reason we did our due diligence.

Jacoby Jones looks explosive out there. It will be very interesting to see if he has some of our fans, eating their words.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1335911804' post='1069399']
[img]http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/CATCH-THE-FOOTBALL-WITH-YOUR-FACE.gif[/img]

Do I need to explain..........
[/quote]

Hahahaha! That clip should be shown in training camp to D. Reed and J. Jones every day.

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1337872910' post='1081832']
Jacoby Jones looks explosive out there. It will be very interesting to see if he has some of our fans, eating their words.
[/quote]

I guess Houston just grew tired of waiting for him to reach his potential.

[quote name='CapoRocky' timestamp='1337874197' post='1081856']
I guess Houston just grew tired of waiting for him to reach his potential.
[/quote]

Yea hopefully one season too early :P