Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

H8R

Slow Board On Big Ravens Events

22 posts in this topic

So , why does it seem the board crashes or is SUPER lethargic when something of importance is happening for the Ravens... IE , game threads, Draft, playoffs.... What seems to be the problem? Do we need to start a paying members subscription to speed this place up ? iPhone users cant even watch the dated FLASH videos...

It's not just us. The company that hosts our forums does quite a bit of the NFL. It's a busy, busy, night.

I have been on with the hosting company since around 7, there was a configuration issue that has been resolved, It did not become evident until the forums had a high traffic load which we have not had since the upgrade on March 30th ,thank you for your patience.

No problem, we share your frustration and hopefully all the gremlins are kicked out by training camp

[quote name='H8R' timestamp='1335573617' post='1061754']
So , why does it seem the board crashes or is SUPER lethargic when something of importance is happening for the Ravens... IE , game threads, Draft, playoffs.... What seems to be the problem? Do we need to start a paying members subscription to speed this place up ? iPhone users cant even watch the dated FLASH videos...
[/quote]
Yea having the videos available for iPhone users would be nice.. Haven't seen a ravens video in forever because of this...

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1335702622' post='1067002']
Yea having the videos available for iPhone users would be nice.. Haven't seen a ravens video in forever because of this...
[/quote]

According to this:

[quote name='Admin 3' timestamp='1326909411' post='957053']
Thank you for the feedback Stormlight. I will let you know that we will be totally revamping and upgrading our site's video player in the offseason. Be on the lookout for that in the coming months!
[/quote]

They're planning to revamp the video. Let's hope they dump flash. I hate not being able to see the videos on my iPad.

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1335707992' post='1067069']

According to this:

They're planning to revamp the video. Let's hope they dump flash. I hate not being able to see the videos on my iPad.
[/quote]
Word.. Thanks

I mean, you can see most of the vids on the Baltimore Ravens app but I like to see it on the boards

[quote name='H8R' timestamp='1335743585' post='1067688']
I mean, you can see most of the vids on the Baltimore Ravens app but I like to see it on the boards
[/quote]
Guess I should get the app

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1335749436' post='1067752']

Guess I should get the app
[/quote]
It's a nice app.

Yep. I know we've had updates over the last year or so but 10pm on Monday night when we aren't playing???

Edit. Just got one trying to post this.

I posted this in the game thread, display, don't know if you caught it:

Invision was having security trouble yesterday which is why the board (and all Invision boards) were unavailable before/during the Browns game. Not sure if it's still the case but this seems similar.

On Sunday they thought there may have been a security breach, so they pulled the boards to check them, we were one of the first boards brought up. I have a feeling they are doing other updates and checks.

[quote name='Moderator 2' timestamp='1352173959' post='1211900']
On Sunday they thought there may have been a security breach, so they pulled the boards to check them, we were one of the first boards brought up. I have a feeling they are doing other updates and checks.
[/quote]

What kind of security breach? I don't need big brother knowing I like French Bulldogs.

[i]It is really weird, that ever since the March upgrade the videos have worked really hinky for me, like I will hear more than one video running at a time, and when I click on the video section it always shows me as not logged in, but when I click on anything else it shows me as logged in. Plus the photos section has not worked for me at all since the upgrade, it just says it is downloading but I never see more than the first seven or so pics.[/i]

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1352175236' post='1211922']
What kind of security breach? I don't need big brother knowing I like French Bulldogs.
[/quote]DNS attack/Hacker type thing--it was nothing but they pulled the boards down while they checked to be proactive. Nothing on this site was breached so you can keep your French Bull Dog wearing knee socks thing to yourself lol :ravensquote: I know people in cyber security and they say its been horrible the last couple weeks because of the election.

Tonight while trying to post, I got the white screen with the red text that says "Service Unavailable".

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1352177011' post='1211946']
Tonight while trying to post, I got the white screen with the red text that says "Service Unavailable".
[/quote]
Got that too. And the pink screen.