Training Camp      Stadium Practices     

Watch LIVE Press Conferences Saturday at 4:00 pm ET

Jerry Rosburg, Gary Kubiak, and Dean Pees will address the media following training camp practice.
*Time is subject to change
Close

Photo

[Blogs] Late For Work 4/13: 2008 Draft Do-Over Sends Flacco, Rice To …

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#61 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

postapocalypse Raven vs PeRK82: Redding was a run stopper first, sack getter if it came to that. McPhee was usually in on passing downs and he was a sack first guy. personally I think Grubbs is a bigger loss becuz we dont have an apparent replacement.

#62 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

WOW, "Even over Grubbs" you say. A young pro bowl guard in his prime vs an aging DE that we didn't put much effort into retaining? We'll agree to disagree on that. Besides, I thought we were talking about pass rushing, not mentoring and coaching. One things for sure though, even with less playing time Pernell McPhee managed to accumulate 6 sacks. While Cory Redding recorded only 4.5 . Just imagine what McPhee will do with the additional snaps now that Cory is gone. Thats all i'm trying say.

Dude, Redding was the Retainer, he would have to take 2 and sometimes even 3 lineman so the Pass rushers could break through. The man was a beast and he would still get through the Oline and put pressure if not Sacks on the QB, Plus stopping RBs, (example- Stealers - rashard mendenhall, lol , he made Rashard look like he just ran into a brick wall). Guessing you have seen any of my Montages, He would be in atleast 1 clip bare min., with his infamous STOMP, and when he really laid someone out, he would do his Karate kick,lol, I loved it.

Edited by PeRK82, 13 April 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#63 Postapocalypse Raven

Postapocalypse Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

Dude, Redding was the Retainer, he would have to take 2 and sometimes even 3 lineman so the Pass rushers could break through. The man was a beast and he would still get through the Oline and put pressure if not Sacks on the QB, Plus stopping RBs, (example- Stealers - rashard mendenhall, lol , he made Rashard look like he just ran into a brick wall). Guessing you have seen any of my Montages, He would be in atleast 1 clip bare min., with his infamous STOMP, and when he really laid someone out, he would do his Karate kick,lol, I loved it.

I was a big fan of his as well, and was upset to see him go. It will be interesting to see how he, along with Zibby and Pagano do in Indy this year.

#64 Postapocalypse Raven

Postapocalypse Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

interesting choice to blast Russell as a legendary bust, who the Ravens had no chance of ever drafting instead of discussing the supreme bust Kyle Boller was, who we actually drafted. The guy single handedly lost games to the Rams and others we would have won if the offense took 3 knees and punted every down. Truthfully, they brought in QB coaches, psychologists, and the boy just remained consistently inconsistent. How many rings did he rob this franchise of?

Boller was indeed our biggest bust, but the interview with Billick was about who he thought at that time(2007) was the best college QB prospect, and he said that it was JaMarcus Russell. They didn't just randomly select him for them to pick on. It just so happened that Boller and Russell both turned out to be busts.

#65 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

I was a big fan of his as well, and was upset to see him go. It will be interesting to see how he, along with Zibby and Pagano do in Indy this year.

I personally think the Colts owner jumped the gun on Pags, as much as i liked him. We all know who is really running that team now, We now have a Jerry Jones JR in INDY.

#66 Postapocalypse Raven

Postapocalypse Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

I personally think the Colts owner jumped the gun on Pags, as much as i liked him. We all know who is really running that team now, We now have a Jerry Jones JR in INDY.

Yeah, I don't think Pagano and the boys are gonna be happy for long, but they had to have known what they were getting themselves into though. Hopefully Dean Pees will pick up right where Pagano left off without skipping a beat. Maybe he'll be even better than Pagano, but i'm just gonna wait and see before I get my hopes up about him. Reguardless of how their team does, I hope that Cory and Zibby are both starters and major contributors to the team. That way we could at least get some decent comp picks for them next year.

#67 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

If Ray went to patriots, he wouldnt be a star like he is in Ravens. No RB would. It was a win win situation for both Ray and Ravens. This is the perfect fit.

Best FB Running team. Not alot of that around Ray!

#68 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

well thank god thats the way the draft didn't work out

#69 tsmith82

tsmith82

Rookie

• Members