Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

killaflacco

2012 NFL Schedule Released

248 posts in this topic

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/10/signs-for-schedule-release-still-point-to-april-17/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/10/signs-for-schedule-release-still-point-to-april-17/[/url]

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1334252634' post='1047656']
I bet incarcerated bob will claim that he found this out too
[/quote][img]http://content.boards.baltimoreravens.com//public/style_emoticons/default/batteur-musicien.gif[/img]

2012 Strength of Schedule based on opponents' 2011 record:

[url="http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56896/2012-nfl-strength-of-schedule"]http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56896/2012-nfl-strength-of-schedule[/url]

Rank Team Combined W-L Record Winning Pct. Games vs. Quality Opp.** 1 N.Y. Giants* 140-116 .547 7 2 Denver* 139-117 .543 7 3 Cleveland 135-121 .527 7 4 St. Louis 134-122 .523 5 4 Baltimore* 134-122 .523 7 6 San Diego 133-123 .520 6 7 Philadelphia 132-124 .516 8 8 Minnesota 131-125 .512 7 8 Arizona 131-125 .512 6 10 Carolina 130-126 .508 5 11 Seattle 129-127 .504 5 11 Dallas 129-127 .504 7 11 New Orleans* 129-127 .504 5 14 Jacksonville 128-128 .500 8 14 Cincinnati* 128-128 .500 5 14 Pittsburgh* 128-128 .500 6 14 Indianapolis 128-128 .500 7 18 Oakland 127-129 .496 5 18 Miami 127-129 .496 6 20 N.Y. Jets 126-130 .492 6 20 Kansas City 126-130 .492 5 20 Chicago 126-130 .492 7 20 Detroit* 126-130 .492 6 24 Washington 125-131 .488 7 24 Atlanta* 125-131 .488 4 24 San Francisco* 125-131 .488 5 27 Tampa Bay 124-132 .484 5 28 Tennessee 123-133 .480 6 29 Houston* 121-135 .473 6 29 Buffalo 121-135 .473 5 31 Green Bay* 120-136 .469 7 32 New England* 116-140 .453 4

It is so infuriating to see a team that played in the Super Bowl somehow have the easiest schedule in the NFL. And not just in terms of strength of schedule, but also in terms of quantity of quality opponents (4, no team has fewer, and only the Falcons have as many, all 30 other teams have 5+). The Ravens have the 4th hardest schedule in terms of strength of schedule (tied with St. Louis, but Baltimore has more games against quality opponents... 7 is tied for second most games against quality opponents, only Philly and Jax have more, with 8 each).

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1334252634' post='1047656']
I bet incarcerated bob will claim that he found this out too
[/quote]
Haha he knows all.

[quote name='callahan09' timestamp='1334254047' post='1047664']
2012 Strength of Schedule based on opponents' 2011 record:
It is so infuriating to see a team that played in the Super Bowl somehow have the easiest schedule in the NFL. And not just in terms of strength of schedule, but also in terms of quantity of quality opponents (4, no team has fewer, and only the Falcons have as many, all 30 other teams have 5+). The Ravens have the 4th hardest schedule in terms of strength of schedule (tied with St. Louis, but Baltimore has more games against quality opponents... 7 is tied for second most games against quality opponents, only Philly and Jax have more, with 8 each).
[/quote]
Strength of schedule means nothing. Who knows how tough the schedules really are at this point in the "season"?

Yea, SOS means nothing in todays NFL. I would say back in the day it meant a little more seeing how the parity in the NFL back in the day is nothing like it is now. You have some teams that could have easily went 4-12 and some teams that could have easily went 12-4. SOS is based off last season anyway so that's al that needs to be said.

SOS is weak. Your SOS goes up with a loss so teams that win should be lower and the NFL changes so much a playoff team can drop to 3rd or 4th in their division like that. Also records can be inflated one year and then exposed the next like Atlanta.

[i]AFC North Teams are playing the same opponents mostly, the difference is the games that are decided by where they finished last season.
Since we won our division, we play the other AFC division winners, the Pats and the Texans, but the Steelers, who came in second, get the Jets and the Titans, that didn't make the playoffs. [/i][i]We are the only one in the division that face the 2011 Super Bowl teams, the Pats and Giants.[/i]

[i]Looks like the Pats and the Steelers make out pretty easy just on scheduling alone. Our schedule at the outset looks tough, and I have to admit has me worried a little for next season. [/i]

[i][i]But we will have to see how many other factors play out in scheduling like:[/i][/i]
[i][i]travel distance to away games(east to west games), [/i][/i]
[i][i]length between games(Thursday to Sunday or Monday), [/i][/i]
[i][i]prime time verses regular time games, [/i][/i]
[i][i]how many difficult opponents in back to back games, [/i][/i]
[i][i]how many back to back road games verses home games, [/i][/i]
[i][i]weather, etc. [/i][/i]
[i]Hope our bye week comes at a point in the season where it will be the most advantageous for the team. Here's hoping the deck doesn't get stacked against us, lol.[/i]

Adam Schefter has confirmed that the Schedule will come out tomorrow!

[quote][size=4][color=#000000]NFL announced it will release its 2012 regular-season schedule on Tuesday. Coverage throughout the day on ESPN.[/color][/size][/quote]

gotta think the sos looks bad for us because the afcn had 3 playoff teams so thats 4 game vs quality/ playoff teams last year where the pats have none in the afce

[quote name='Pino' timestamp='1334380297' post='1048402']
where is firing Cam on the schedule? Week 4?
[/quote]

Caldwell is our new OC by week 5!

[/quote]

Yay, our own mini game! Ok let's place our bets and the winner who comes closest gets to take Cam to BWI and take him off to his new team!

I say during our BYE Week.

[quote name='Intercepted' timestamp='1334671175' post='1050123']
Judging by how we played against bad teams last year, a tough schedule should be good for us ;)
[/quote]

We definitely need to beat the following teams: Steelers (twice); Bengals (twice); Patriots (once). This would make it a good season. I'm sure we will lose 3-5 games in all. Hopefully, we don't have lapses like we did against the Titans, Jaguars, and Seahawks. The Chargers totally dominated us, so I won't include that game.

[quote name='CapoRocky' timestamp='1334676187' post='1050186']
We definitely need to beat the following teams: Steelers (twice); Bengals (twice); Patriots (once). This would make it a good season. I'm sure we will lose 3-5 games in all. Hopefully, we don't have lapses like we did against the Titans, Jaguars, and Seahawks. The Chargers totally dominated us, so I won't include that game.
[/quote]

The only teams that may qualify for what the Jags and Seahawks did is KC, Cleveland and Oakland. Those are the only teams I can see with a potential losing record when we play them that could pull off upsets. I don't consider Tennessee because they were a good team and almost made the playoffs. Washington I can see being a good team with RG3 so I'm not including them.

[/quote]

its hard to get fired when youve got the best qb in the league saving your job on a weekly bases haha.

What time is the schedule being released? I can't wait to see the look on my face when we play San Diego IN San Diego IN December

[quote name='B-more Ravor' timestamp='1334693067' post='1050443']
According to some reports on Twitter, the Ravens will open up at HOME on Monday Night, 9/10, against the Bengals.
[/quote]

I would hate that as an opener. I'd rather play our division opponents on the road before at home, and you make it the first week? Hope this is wrong, but my guess is your right. Last year before the schedule came out, there were leaks that we would play the Jets in week 4 and that's exactly what happened.

According to some reports on Twitter, the Ravens will open up at HOME on Monday Night, 9/10, against the Bengals.
[/quote]just beat me too posting this brian, i like, good tuff start, against a division rival, will get us going right from the get go!

[/quote]

So we would actually have a MNF game at The Bank and it's against the Bengals? Guess that's a good game but I was hoping we would have played the Chargers in Week 1 on MNF in San Diego, so that we can get rid of the Chargers game early and play them before they realize it's time to play Football.

[quote name='Moderator 6' timestamp='1334697494' post='1050489']
Hopefully the week two opponent is a short road trip.
[/quote]

Yeah looking at our schedule, and if it is indeed true of Ravens/Bengals on MNF in Week 1, then I would love for it to be a short trip to Philly or down 95 to Fedex Field to welcome RG3 to the NFL.

According to an early released Giants schedule, Ravens play the Giants in Week 16 which is a home game for us while Pittsburgh goes to the Giants in Week 9.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1334698066' post='1050497']
You guys prefer an early Bye Week or a Late Bye Week?
[/quote]
Late bye. If we get a bye on week 8 then we get 1st in the Conference we get two byes and that helps our vets like Reed and Lewis.

I would be shocked if the Patriots-Ravens game isn't a Sunday Night or Monday Night game. I mean look at the drama of the AFC Title game of the missed Kick and Lee Evans drop and go back to the nightmare of 2007 when we were just inches short of stopping perfection. I will be stunned if the League doesn't capitalize on those situations.

According to PFT the Giants schedule was released...Baltimore plays them at home in Week 16, should be an important matchup

[quote name='Dubs' timestamp='1334699263' post='1050515']
According to PFT the Giants schedule was released...Baltimore plays them at home in Week 16, should be an important matchup
[/quote]

Yeah Pittsburgh plays the Giants in Week 9. Week 1 is going to be a very interesting Week that could go along way to determine the AFC North Champion. Ravens play the Bengals in Baltimore on MNF while the Steelers travel to the Denver Te.. I mean Mannings on Sunday Night Football in Week 1.

I wonder though, if Ravens-Bengals open up MNF at 7PM, who plays the second MNF game at 10PM? Normally that is a west coast game so I would imagine something like a AFC West or NFC West battle.

49ers are a possibilty, i hope its the 7 one, thats 12 am here, be in bed about 3ish, get a good 5 hours

State of the Ravens NFL Network now, along with a pre schedule teaser. On a side note, not sure how I feel about week 1 MNF with bengals... altho a good game, I kinda feel like its a waste of a MNF home game when there is so many other stellar opponents on our schedule this year. And id like a late bye

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1334700112' post='1050527']
49ers are a possibilty, i hope its the 7 one, thats 12 am here, be in bed about 3ish, get a good 5 hours
[/quote]

Normally an East Coast game is played at 7PM on Monday Night and then a 10PM game is played out in the West Coast.

So hosting Bengals on Monday Night Football to open the season?

Can't imagine the NFL fanbase as a whole having much interest in a low-scoring, ugly AFC North division game. Kind of surprised the NFL put this one on opening weekend. While they seem to always play the Ravens close every time for the past 5 years or so, it still doesn't scream RIVALRY.

But, it's nice for those going to the game. It will still be pretty hot, so having the game at night let's it cool off a bit. And of course, opening up at home is always nice.

And (hopefully) it gets the Ravens a quick win in the division and conference. Couple that with a hopeful Steelers loss (also in the conference) and things are looking up right from the start! [img]http://content.boards.baltimoreravens.com//public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.png[/img])

Slightly bad news... shorter week to prepare for Week 2. Any chance we could luck out and get someone like the Browns in Week 2? Or perhaps the Chargers nice and early, even if it does mean traveling cross-country on a short week.

Just hope MNF has better games, Ravens-Bengals does provide an upgrade over some of the games they had last year but man last year MNF had horrible games.

[quote name='edreedfromtheu' timestamp='1334700272' post='1050531']
So hosting Bengals on Monday Night Football to open the season?

Can't imagine the NFL fanbase as a whole having much interest in a low-scoring, ugly AFC North division game. Kind of surprised the NFL put this one on opening weekend. While they seem to always play the Ravens close every time for the past 5 years or so, it still doesn't scream RIVALRY.

But, it's nice for those going to the game. It will still be pretty hot, so having the game at night let's it cool off a bit. And of course, opening up at home is always nice.

And (hopefully) it gets the Ravens a quick win in the division and conference. Couple that with a hopeful Steelers loss (also in the conference) and things are looking up right from the start! [img]http://content.boards.baltimoreravens.com//public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.png[/img])

[b]Slightly bad news... shorter week to prepare for Week 2. Any chance we could luck out and get someone like the Browns in Week 2? Or perhaps the Chargers nice and early, even if it does mean traveling cross-country on a short week.[/b]
[/quote]

That's my worry, getting San Diego in Week 2 on a short week.