Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reed_Fence_20

Ray Rice For Madden Cover

115 posts in this topic

Everyone vote for Ray as madden cover. We took the 2000 ravens to the finales for best team ever so we can take Ray to the cover. P.S. He would look pretty sweet on the cover

[url="http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2013cover"]http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2013cover[/url] here is think sorry it is 2 different posts

Absolutely not. I'm an avid believer in the Madden Curse. We don't need that kind of misfortune, especially if we're planing on making a SuperBowl run.

No. No. No. I agree with Truth. No Ray Rice to the Madden cover. I believe in that curse now. When you add in the fact that Rice is getting a contract, it makes it even scarier.

Say no to Ray Rice.

Not a chance... the Madden Curse is real [i]and[/i] it's Madden 13. I'm not generally superstitious, but that's too risky.

It definently is not a curse. I knew when I posted this everyone would say that but you guys have your own opinions, I dont care if you vote or not just want to let people who know that he is a canidate

I don't believe in curses ... but I don't want to risk it [img]http://content.boards.baltimoreravens.com//public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.png[/img]. Every week I vote for the person Rice is up against.

[quote name='ROH522155' timestamp='1333494630' post='1041408']
There's no curse...Multiple cover boys have had fine seasons.
[/quote] thank you

[/quote]

Who exactly? Aside from Larry Fitzgerald, who was on the cover with Troy Polamalu, whose season was cut short by injuries.

[quote name='BMORElegacy' timestamp='1333497077' post='1041439']
No. The possible holdout is bad enough. Throw Roethlisberger on that cover.
[/quote] That would be perfect.

Drew Brees was on the cover for the 2010 season and while he wasn't his best, he was still pretty good. Also, Brett Favre had maybe the best year of his career in 2009

It doesn't really matter though because I just print out custom Raven covers :) [img]http://content.boards.baltimoreravens.com//public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png[/img]

[quote name='-Truth-' timestamp='1333492457' post='1041379']
Absolutely not. I'm an avid believer in the Madden Curse. We don't need that kind of misfortune, especially if we're planing on making a SuperBowl run.
[/quote]

agreed!

i don't believe in curses as such but you gotta admit that something strange is going on with these players on the cover of Madden. they all seem to get some type of "freaky" injury. i must admit though, when both Fitzgerald and Polomalu were on the cover together Troy was affected but not Fitzgerald. maybe that is the answer to the so-called "madden curse?" putting 2 players on the cover at the same time. lol! but, no Ray Rice on the cover! absolutely not!

~Mili

[/quote]

...and many have not...

Just sayin'

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1333498083' post='1041468']
...and many have not...

Just sayin'
[/quote]

So obviously theres a curse [img]http://content.boards.baltimoreravens.com//public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]

No way I would vote for one of our star players to be on Madden. I'd be happy to vote for his opponent, though. I believe in the curse.

[quote name='ROH522155' timestamp='1333498251' post='1041476']
So obviously theres a curse [img]http://content.boards.baltimoreravens.com//public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[/quote]

So you agree with me.
Great.

Well my work here is done.

The curse can never be proven, but you guys can't deny that there is an eerie trend that goes along with being on the cover. More people than not have been injured and/or had bad seasons.I don't want to risk it.

[quote name='ROH522155' timestamp='1333497229' post='1041445']
Drew Brees was on the cover for the 2010 season and while he wasn't his best, he was still pretty good. Also, Brett Favre had maybe the best year of his career in 2009
[/quote]

Drew Brees doubled his number of INTs from the previous year, throwing a whopping career high of 22, and suffered significant drop offs in his QB rating and yards per completion. It was later confirmed that he played 6 weeks with a torn MCL. Not to mention that the Saints lost to the 7-9 Seahawks in the Postseason.

I believe you're confusing two separate seasons with Brett Favre. He was on the cover right before his campaign with the Jets. In fact, following the trade, EA began releasing a new cover, with Favre switching from his patented Green Bay look to a New York uniform. In that season, he tore the biceps tendon on his throwing arm, and his struggles down the stretch lead to a 1-4 finish, wherein he threw 2 TDs compared to 8 INTs. Favre threw 1 TD and 3 INTs in a loss to the Dolphins in week 17, which effectively knocked them out of the Playoffs.

Neither example works in your favor.

[quote name='-Truth-' timestamp='1333499298' post='1041505']
Drew Brees doubled his number of INTs from the previous year, throwing a whopping career high of 22, and suffered significant drop offs in his QB rating and yards per completion. It was later confirmed that he played 6 weeks with a torn MCL. Not to mention that the Saints lost to the 7-9 Seahawks in the Postseason.

I believe you're confusing two separate seasons with Brett Favre. He was on the cover right before his campaign with the Jets. In fact, following the trade, EA began releasing a new cover, with Favre switching from his patented Green Bay look to a New York uniform. In that season, he tore the biceps tendon on his throwing arm, and his struggles down the stretch lead to a 1-4 finish, wherein he threw 2 TDs compared to 8 INTs. Favre threw 1 TD and 3 INTs in a loss to the Dolphins in week 17, which effectively knocked them out of the Playoffs.

Neither example works in your favor.
[/quote]

True I was thinking of his season with the Vikings. I guess i'm an idiot and there is indeed a curse then! :) Lock this one up! :)

[quote name='CapoRocky' timestamp='1333498431' post='1041481']
I'd like to see Cameron on there.
[/quote]
U a big Cameron bradfield fan too?

[img]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x337/codyallanb14/8f812589.jpg[/img]

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1333499504' post='1041508']
U a big Cameron bradfield fan too?
[/quote]

I am. I traded for him in our Mock.

[quote name='-Truth-' timestamp='1333499738' post='1041511']

I am. I traded for him in our Mock.
[/quote]
Is there anyone u haven't traded for?

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1333499928' post='1041513']
Is there anyone u haven't traded for?
[/quote]

Matt Ryan. It's better than the 30 trades I had with the Cardinals in 2010.

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1333499609' post='1041510']
The Madden Curse is silly. Ray wants to be on the cover, so why not vote for him?
[/quote]
Ray wants AP money too

[quote name='-Truth-' timestamp='1333499977' post='1041515']

Matt Ryan. It's better than the 30 trades I had with the Cardinals in 2010.
[/quote]
Lol I knew that one was coming.. I'm hopeless with the falcons cause everyone hates Ryan

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1333500024' post='1041517']
Lol I knew that one was coming.. I'm hopeless with the falcons cause everyone hates Ryan
[/quote]

Last comment on this, as I don't want to steer this conversation off topic, but I was very surprised that you didn't see an offer. If I wasn't set at QB, you would've been seen a PM from me.

[quote name='-Truth-' timestamp='1333500343' post='1041519']

Last comment on this, as I don't want to steer this conversation off topic, but I was very surprised that you didn't see an offer. If I wasn't set at QB, you would've been seen a PM from me.
[/quote]
I got 0 offers just like rice should be getting 0 votes

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1333499982' post='1041516']
Ray wants AP money too
[/quote]
Actually that false rumor was recently debunked. [url="http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/04/03/ray-rice-looks-forward-to-offseason-workouts/"]http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/04/03/ray-rice-looks-forward-to-offseason-workouts/[/url]

[quote name='Jamal' timestamp='1333500110' post='1041518']
Whoever wants Ray Rice on the cover must not be a Raven fan. lol
[/quote]
So Ray Rice doesnt like his own team?

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1333500410' post='1041521']
I got 0 offers just like rice should be getting 0 votes
[/quote]

Touché.

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1333500618' post='1041523']

Actually that false rumor was recently debunked. [url="http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/04/03/ray-rice-looks-forward-to-offseason-workouts/"]http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/04/03/ray-rice-looks-forward-to-offseason-workouts/[/url]
[/quote]
I want AP money

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1333500978' post='1041528']
I want AP money
[/quote]
hahaha that makes about 6 billion of us

Ray Rice has took a SLIM lead over Drew Brees!!!

From EA's Facebook:

[quote]Ray Rice has taken a slim lead over Drew Brees in the #MyMaddenCoverVote! [/quote]

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1333500677' post='1041524']
So Ray Rice doesnt like his own team?
[/quote]
Obviously every player wants to be on there. Its a lot of money and publicity.

[quote name='Jamal' timestamp='1333505568' post='1041617']
Obviously every player wants to be on there. Its a lot of money and publicity.
[/quote]
yeah its an incredible honor. I just find it silly and kind of selfish that people wont vote for him because of an imaginary curse.

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1333506034' post='1041626']
yeah its an incredible honor. I just find it silly and kind of selfish that people wont vote for him because of an imaginary curse.
[/quote]
I find it silly you find the curse silly.