Untitled Document
Preseason Schedule      Official Mobile App      @Ravens on Twitter      on Instagram   

Photo

Bryant McKinnie Work Ethic

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#41 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,129 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

He will show up at 380 and get down to 365 by the start of the season.

15 pounds in 4 months? I'm sure he could lose more than that in that time period, especially while doing OTA's and the offseason strength/conditioning program.

#42 redlobster

redlobster

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

Looks like he is in some financial trouble now

http://profootballta...t-lockout-loan/

Ravens offensive tackle Bryant McKinniehas been ordered to pay $4.3 million to a company that gave him a loan before last year’s lockout.

Pro Player Funding, a company that specialized in “lockout loans” last year, hasobtained a judgment against McKinnie ordering him to pay $4.3 million, TMZ reports. McKinnie got a loan for $4 million just before the lockout began, and he’s been ordered to pay it back in full, plus fees and interest.

#43 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,674 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

I guess McKinnie will be playing for a few more years, lol.

#44 Blex64

Blex64

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

I guess McKinnie will be playing for a few more years, lol.

This could be a bigger issue. He's been ordered to pay the entire thing back, and then 229k more. He's only set to make 3.2m, plus his roster bonus.

#45 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,402 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

i started a thread on his finicail trouble about a month ago wondering is that the only reason hes got in decent shape early, to pick up that roster bonus he was due a few weeks back (500k) knowing the team would be hard pushed to cut him after that with the cap restraints. i was then worried he could show up out of shape again, once he passed his weigh in.

#46 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

McKinnie will need to play to pay off that big settlement. This is in our favor because he can't afford to balloon up to 400 lbs. I see him being very motivated in training camp.

Super Bowl Champions 01/28/01 and 02/03/13!

#47 usmccharles

usmccharles

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

Its so sad to see these guys that make millions of dollars that live paycheck to paycheck. There should be a nfl program to help these guys with finances, most of these guys come in as young guys whose never had money, no suprise they cant manage their money and im sure it doesnt help when they appoint their buddy tyrell that never finished 9th grade as their accountant
KCCO

#48 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,030 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Its so sad to see these guys that make millions of dollars that live paycheck to paycheck. There should be a nfl program to help these guys with finances, most of these guys come in as young guys whose never had money, no suprise they cant manage their money and im sure it doesnt help when they appoint their buddy tyrell that never finished 9th grade as their accountant

That's one of the main things they do at the rookie symposium.

#49 darklight1216

darklight1216

Sith Lord

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,963 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

As the poster above me, noted: that is exactly what the rookie symposium is all about.

Furthermore, I find it to be tremendously surprising... or at least I used to before there were reports about this happening every year.

When I was very young I knew that I should save my birthday money and not spend it all at one time. I was only 9 so why can't a 19 year old be expected to learn this basic concept? I don't buy the age excuse at all.

To me, it's more unusual that their parents (okay, many of these players only seem to have contact with their mothers, but still) grandparents, and spouses don't intervene before it's too late.

EdReedTrain.png

#50 beasy2487

beasy2487

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

As the poster above me, noted: that is exactly what the rookie symposium is all about.

Furthermore, I find it to be tremendously surprising... or at least I used to before there were reports about this happening every year.

When I was very young I knew that I should save my birthday money and not spend it all at one time. I was only 9 so why can't a 19 year old be expected to learn this basic concept? I don't buy the age excuse at all.

To me, it's more unusual that their parents (okay, many of these players only seem to have contact with their mothers, but still) grandparents, and spouses don't intervene before it's too late.

To be fair, the fact that you got birthday money at 9 is what separates you from many of them.

#51 redlobster

redlobster

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

Forget just a 19 year old , how about when he was 27 and signed a 7 year 48.5 million dollar contract, thats the sign of a person with no grasp on reality and nobody there to handle his finances honestly.

#52 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Who in their right mind would take a $4M loan knowing that they don't even make that much in a year?

#53 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,402 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

Who in their right mind would take a $4M loan knowing that they don't even make that much in a year?

he was a Viking at the time he was probably making a lot more than that

#54 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

I'm mainly surprised they even GIVE four million dollar loans.

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

#55 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Give me $4M and you can call me Capo Grande. In Italian it means "big boss" and in slang it means "big headed". Hahaha. I love being tri-lingual. If you don't like my posts then you must be a Jaboni Grande.

Edited by CapoRocky, 14 April 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#56 usmccharles

usmccharles

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

As the poster above me, noted: that is exactly what the rookie symposium is all about. Furthermore, I find it to be tremendously surprising... or at least I used to before there were reports about this happening every year. When I was very young I knew that I should save my birthday money and not spend it all at one time. I was only 9 so why can't a 19 year old be expected to learn this basic concept? I don't buy the age excuse at all. To me, it's more unusual that their parents (okay, many of these players only seem to have contact with their mothers, but still) grandparents, and spouses don't intervene before it's too late.

I know they do that for the rookies, but maybe they need to have accountants for each team or something. I really shouldnt even care but its just sad that these guys can make that much money and have nothing to show for it. Give me a mill and im never working again, but thats where the Jew comes out in me. Did anyone read the article on allen iverson and how he became broke, its just insane. Egos are the main reason for this in my opinion
KCCO

#57 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,063 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

I know they do that for the rookies, but maybe they need to have accountants for each team or something. I really shouldnt even care but its just sad that these guys can make that much money and have nothing to show for it. Give me a mill and im never working again, but thats where the Jew comes out in me. Did anyone read the article on allen iverson and how he became broke, its just insane. Egos are the main reason for this in my opinion

They do, maybe not accountants but "Player Development" people that players can talk to and they'll help them make sound decisions. Our player development department is headed by OJ Brigance and Harry Swayne. Still, if people want to blow money, they'll blow it regardless of how many safeguards there are.
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#58 darklight1216

darklight1216

Sith Lord

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,963 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

It's also possible that the league thinks that players who make a minimum of over $300,000 could hire accountants for themselves.

EdReedTrain.png

#59 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,674 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

Well, he said he'll be at the OTAs, so that's a good sign. Maybe he has the season of his career trying to get more money to pay those people back. Either way, I hope Jah Reid can push him for the LT position, even though he's projected to be the guard. He's cheaper and younger. I'd really like to see that happen. I want to see if he can do it.

I think camp will be very interesting this year.

#60 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

Bryant better wake up. There is no way around in Ravens camp. If he thinks he can get away with the way he has been performing last year, he would be dead wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users