Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ryanpatt28

Bryant McKinnie Work Ethic

264 posts in this topic

[quote name='ryanpatt28' timestamp='1333413610' post='1040539']

he doesnt sleep for 8 hours lol he doesnt sleep at all follow him on twitter youll see
[/quote]
That much is true.. Dude is always on twitter.. Prolly sleeps less than I do

Big Mac is probably staying up all night lifting weights...20 oz steaks and 12 oz beers...lol. Don't hate the playa.

[quote name='ryanpatt28' timestamp='1333403674' post='1040404']
where did i say i was upset about him partying? you think i care what the fat guy does with his life the guys been a raven for a year i dont care what he does all i asked was how he works out on 0 sleep? have you ever partied in your life do you understand how hard it is to work out after a long nights partying?
[/quote]
I wasn't attacking you regarding your comments. Sorry if you feel like I did. Anyway, I was just remarking that people said the same thing about Flacco spending too much time skateboarding & not getting ready for the playoffs. My point is that don't worry too much. These guys are professionals. Sure, McKinnie has had issues with weight & the like, but I have faith that won't be an issue.

All of those Miami Hurricanes from Ray Lewis' era were machines, man. That's how they do it on 0 sleep.

As much as I'd like for McKinnie to be working harder than he is, I'm not going to hate on him just yet. He's not in bad shape right now, and it's still only April. Obviously, I would have liked for him to be in better shape by now, but let's not pretend that the season starts tomorrow. OTA's haven't even started, have they? Bryant will be fine, there is plenty of time for him to get in better shape. I still would like for that to be sooner than later, but it is not yet panic time to worry about his weight and conditioning.

He weighs 360 right now, what do y'all think the target weight is? I think 345 would be a solid playing weight for him.

Hahahaha. Flacco skateboarding. I'm not sure it's the same thing, but that was pretty absurd, wasn't it!

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1333377588' post='1040133']
lol. Yeah, but wasn't he LEARNING to skateboard during our bye week in the playoffs? Not really smart IMO.
[/quote]

I skated for over 10 yrs and have nothing to show for it but 2 bad ankles , 2 bad knee and messed up left wrist, serious Arthritis in my back 3 bulges in my back.

Was sponsored and got to travel the East coast but other than that, it wasnt worth it. Wish i started golfing when i was young instead of 3 yrs ago. Maybe could have done something with that and not have so many injuries.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1333486138' post='1041308']
As much as I'd like for McKinnie to be working harder than he is, I'm not going to hate on him just yet. He's not in bad shape right now, and it's still only April. Obviously, I would have liked for him to be in better shape by now, but let's not pretend that the season starts tomorrow. OTA's haven't even started, have they? Bryant will be fine, there is plenty of time for him to get in better shape. I still would like for that to be sooner than later, but it is not yet panic time to worry about his weight and conditioning.

He weighs 360 right now, what do y'all think the target weight is? I think 345 would be a solid playing weight for him.
[/quote]

He will show up at 380 and get down to 365 by the start of the season.

[quote name='rlh445' timestamp='1333486901' post='1041315']
Hahahaha. Flacco skateboarding. I'm not sure it's the same thing, but that was pretty absurd, wasn't it!
[/quote]

Flacco is way to tall to skateboard.

[quote name='CapoRocky' timestamp='1334185912' post='1047309']
He will show up at 380 and get down to 365 by the start of the season.
[/quote]

15 pounds in 4 months? I'm sure he could lose more than that in that time period, especially while doing OTA's and the offseason strength/conditioning program.

Looks like he is in some financial trouble now

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/bryant-mckinnie-owes-4-3-million-after-taking-out-lockout-loan/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/bryant-mckinnie-owes-4-3-million-after-taking-out-lockout-loan/[/url]

[font=Georgia,]
Ravens offensive tackle [url="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1210/bryant-mckinnie"]Bryant McKinnie[/url]has been ordered to pay $4.3 million to a company that gave him a loan before last year’s lockout.[/font][font=Georgia,]
Pro Player Funding, a company that specialized in “lockout loans” last year, has[url="http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/12/nfl-star-bryant-mckinnie-lockout-loan-lawsuit/#.T4bPEZpAZvY"]obtained a judgment against McKinnie ordering him to pay $4.3 million[/url], TMZ reports. McKinnie got a loan for $4 million just before the lockout began, and he’s been ordered to pay it back in full, plus fees and interest.[/font]

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1334244171' post='1047599']
I guess McKinnie will be playing for a few more years, lol.
[/quote]

This could be a bigger issue. He's been ordered to pay the entire thing back, and then 229k more. He's only set to make 3.2m, plus his roster bonus.

i started a thread on his finicail trouble about a month ago wondering is that the only reason hes got in decent shape early, to pick up that roster bonus he was due a few weeks back (500k) knowing the team would be hard pushed to cut him after that with the cap restraints. i was then worried he could show up out of shape again, once he passed his weigh in.

McKinnie will need to play to pay off that big settlement. This is in our favor because he can't afford to balloon up to 400 lbs. I see him being very motivated in training camp.

[sup]Its so sad to see these guys that make millions of dollars that live paycheck to paycheck. There should be a nfl program to help these guys with finances, most of these guys come in as young guys whose never had money, no suprise they cant manage their money and im sure it doesnt help when they appoint their buddy tyrell that never finished 9th grade as their accountant[/sup]

[quote name='usmccharles' timestamp='1334332197' post='1048060']
[sup]Its so sad to see these guys that make millions of dollars that live paycheck to paycheck. [b]There should be a nfl program to help these guys with finances[/b], most of these guys come in as young guys whose never had money, no suprise they cant manage their money and im sure it doesnt help when they appoint their buddy tyrell that never finished 9th grade as their accountant[/sup]
[/quote]

That's one of the main things they do at the rookie symposium.

[quote name='usmccharles' timestamp='1334332197' post='1048060']
[sup]Its so sad to see these guys that make millions of dollars that live paycheck to paycheck. There should be a nfl program to help these guys with finances, most of these guys come in as young guys whose never had money, no suprise they cant manage their money and im sure it doesnt help when they appoint their buddy tyrell that never finished 9th grade as their accountant[/sup]
[/quote]
As the poster above me, noted: that is exactly what the rookie symposium is all about.

Furthermore, I find it to be tremendously surprising... or at least I used to before there were reports about this happening every year.

When I was very young I knew that I should save my birthday money and not spend it all at one time. I was only 9 so why can't a 19 year old be expected to learn this basic concept? I don't buy the age excuse at all.

To me, it's more unusual that their parents (okay, many of these players only seem to have contact with their mothers, but still) grandparents, and spouses don't intervene before it's too late.

[quote name='darklight1216' timestamp='1334359805' post='1048279']
As the poster above me, noted: that is exactly what the rookie symposium is all about.

Furthermore, I find it to be tremendously surprising... or at least I used to before there were reports about this happening every year.

When I was very young I knew that I should save my birthday money and not spend it all at one time. I was only 9 so why can't a 19 year old be expected to learn this basic concept? I don't buy the age excuse at all.

To me, it's more unusual that their parents (okay, many of these players only seem to have contact with their mothers, but still) grandparents, and spouses don't intervene before it's too late.
[/quote]

To be fair, the fact that you got birthday money at 9 is what separates you from many of them.

[quote name='darklight1216' timestamp='1334359805' post='1048279']

[/quote]

Forget just a 19 year old , how about when he was 27 and signed a 7 year 48.5 million dollar contract, thats the sign of a person with no grasp on reality and nobody there to handle his finances honestly.

Who in their right mind would take a $4M loan knowing that they don't even make that much in a year?

[quote name='CapoRocky' timestamp='1334379889' post='1048401']
Who in their right mind would take a $4M loan knowing that they don't even make that much in a year?
[/quote]he was a Viking at the time he was probably making a lot more than that

Give me $4M and you can call me Capo Grande. In Italian it means "big boss" and in slang it means "big headed". Hahaha. I love being tri-lingual. If you don't like my posts then you must be a Jaboni Grande.

[quote name='darklight1216' timestamp='1334359805' post='1048279'] As the poster above me, noted: that is exactly what the rookie symposium is all about. Furthermore, I find it to be tremendously surprising... or at least I used to before there were reports about this happening every year. When I was very young I knew that I should save my birthday money and not spend it all at one time. I was only 9 so why can't a 19 year old be expected to learn this basic concept? I don't buy the age excuse at all. To me, it's more unusual that their parents (okay, many of these players only seem to have contact with their mothers, but still) grandparents, and spouses don't intervene before it's too late. [/quote]

I know they do that for the rookies, but maybe they need to have accountants for each team or something. I really shouldnt even care but its just sad that these guys can make that much money and have nothing to show for it. Give me a mill and im never working again, but thats where the Jew comes out in me. Did anyone read the article on allen iverson and how he became broke, its just insane. Egos are the main reason for this in my opinion

[quote name='usmccharles' timestamp='1334432023' post='1048565']
I know they do that for the rookies, but maybe they need to have accountants for each team or something. I really shouldnt even care but its just sad that these guys can make that much money and have nothing to show for it. Give me a mill and im never working again, but thats where the Jew comes out in me. Did anyone read the article on allen iverson and how he became broke, its just insane. Egos are the main reason for this in my opinion
[/quote]

They do, maybe not accountants but "Player Development" people that players can talk to and they'll help them make sound decisions. Our player development department is headed by OJ Brigance and Harry Swayne. Still, if people want to blow money, they'll blow it regardless of how many safeguards there are.

[quote name='usmccharles' timestamp='1334432023' post='1048565']
[/quote]
It's also possible that the league thinks that players who make a minimum of over $300,000 could hire accountants for themselves.

Well, he said he'll be at the OTAs, so that's a good sign. Maybe he has the season of his career trying to get more money to pay those people back. Either way, I hope Jah Reid can push him for the LT position, even though he's projected to be the guard. He's cheaper and younger. I'd really like to see that happen. I want to see if he can do it.

I think camp will be very interesting this year.

Bryant better wake up. There is no way around in Ravens camp. If he thinks he can get away with the way he has been performing last year, he would be dead wrong.