Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ryanpatt28

Bryant McKinnie Work Ethic

264 posts in this topic

I Ifollow him on twitter he partys all night every night.How does he have the energy to workout like a professional football player when hes up partying all night?

As long as he's not partying during the season, drinking and driving, or doing something else illegal he can do whatever he wants.

edit - maybe dancing is part of his workout routine

[quote name='ryanpatt28' timestamp='1333336403' post='1040045']
I Ifollow him on twitter he partys all night every night.How does he have the energy to workout like a professional football player when hes up partying all night?
[/quote]

Just cause some one parties doesn't mean they don't work hard. It's also the off season, are these people suppose to make football their entire life? If someone works at McDonald's do you think they practice grilling at home? Even the great Ray Lewis takes time off... I think. But another reason Twitter is a bad idea.

[quote name='redrum52' timestamp='1333336731' post='1040048']
Just cause some one parties doesn't mean they don't work hard. It's also the off season, are these people suppose to make football their entire life? If someone works at McDonald's do you think they practice grilling at home? Even the great Ray Lewis takes time off... I think. But another reason Twitter is a bad idea.
[/quote]

i dont care what he does either im just asking how he works out during the day after getting 0 sleep thats all

[quote name='ryanpatt28' timestamp='1333336960' post='1040052']
i dont care what he does either im just asking how he works out during the day after getting 0 sleep thats all
[/quote]

Working out at 1 PM is the same as working out at 8 AM. What else does he have to do during the day?

The answer is clear: he's a machine, jerk.

I wouldn't worry too much about McKinnie partying. At least he isn't raping any girls or anything.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1333341519' post='1040063']
The answer is clear: he's a machine, jerk.

I wouldn't worry too much about McKinnie partying. At least he isn't raping any girls or anything.
[/quote]

I was very tempted to use said quote, nicccce. On to the next part, shots fired?

Doesn't really bother me. People act like just because they play football that they can't go out and party. This guy is a natural talent and sometimes that overlaps anything else. I read somewhere, that when Ogden played that he would watch 45 minutes of tape a week and thats it. Natural ability allows a person to get away with a lot. He also plays a position where he needs to stay a consistent weight and not get hurt, and he will have another solid season. He has been in the NFL for years, and he knows his body better than any of us.

McKinney is on the back half of his career and at this point he is what he is. No one is going to change him. And for that we will get our moneys worth, but he will never be the elite player he was.

[quote name='lowrider' timestamp='1333351699' post='1040075']
Doesn't really bother me. People act like just because they play football that they can't go out and party. This guy is a natural talent and sometimes that overlaps anything else. I read somewhere, that when Ogden played that he would watch 45 minutes of tape a week and thats it. Natural ability allows a person to get away with a lot. He also plays a position where he needs to stay a consistent weight and not get hurt, and he will have another solid season. He has been in the NFL for years, and he knows his body better than any of us.

McKinney is on the back half of his career and at this point he is what he is. No one is going to change him. And for that we will get our moneys worth, but he will never be the elite player he was.
[/quote]
^this.

U would think if someone followed someone on twitter they'd be able to spell said persons name

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1333369293' post='1040086']
U would think if someone followed someone on twitter they'd be able to spell said persons name
[/quote]LOVE IT! lol haha

So, since when does partying automatically mean that he isn't working hard in the off-season? I really don't understand that one. And, I guess you didn't hear that when McKinnie met with Harbs, Harbs was very pleased with McKinnie's progress and said he was in good shape.

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1333369736' post='1040087']
LOVE IT! lol haha
[/quote]
That's what I'm here for.. Well that and destroying the NFC south with my dirtybirds

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1333370278' post='1040091']
So, since when does partying automatically mean that he isn't working hard in the off-season? I really don't understand that one. And, I guess you didn't hear that when McKinnie met with Harbs, Harbs was very pleased with McKinnie's progress and said he was in good shape.
[/quote]
Shush with that logic

I think it is foolish to be doing a lot of partying, especially with the potential mistakes and idiotic decisions alcohol bring on. That being said, its his life, and as long as he produces on the field, who am i to judge?

i see nothing wrong with this at all. Hes a grow man and can do what he wants, at the end of the day its his life and needs to do what makes him happy. As a fan i just hope he knows how to moderate it, another reason why i hate social networking sites.....

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1333375902' post='1040123']
I think being upset McKinnie is partying is akin to being upset over Flacco skateboarding.
[/quote]

lol. Yeah, but wasn't he LEARNING to skateboard during our bye week in the playoffs? Not really smart IMO.

Terrible...his not anything i expected (on field) when we picked him up. I dont really care what he does off field, but his suppose to get better this upcomming offseason considering how bad he was last year. I cant even fathom how oher&bryant will do in few month

Man, you guys are animals. The topic starter asked a simple, logical question and he's met with some big ol' meanies. I think it's a pretty legit question when asked about a guy who came into last season with some question marks as far as work ethic and football shape goes and Minnesotans saying, 'Haha, good luck with that guy..he'll work for you when he wants and coast the rest of the time,'. I didn't see it as a slight on McKinnie himself or partying. We all loves to party! Meh. As y'all were.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1333370278' post='1040091']
[/quote]

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/02/ravens-want-bryant-mckinnie-to-get-in-better-shape/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/02/ravens-want-bryant-mckinnie-to-get-in-better-shape/[/url]

Why is there always an assumption that somebody out partying is getting drunk?! There's a possibility that he's hosting or attending these nights out but staying teetotal or drinking very little.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1333375902' post='1040123']
I think being upset McKinnie is partying is akin to being upset over Flacco skateboarding.
[/quote]

where did i say i was upset about him partying? you think i care what the fat guy does with his life the guys been a raven for a year i dont care what he does all i asked was how he works out on 0 sleep? have you ever partied in your life do you understand how hard it is to work out after a long nights partying?

[quote name='ryanpatt28' timestamp='1333403674' post='1040404']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]where did i say i was upset about him partying? you think i care what the fat guy does with his life the guys been a raven for a year i dont care what he does all i asked was how he works out on 0 sleep? have you ever partied in your life do you understand how hard it is to work out after a long nights partying?[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Some people don't need as much sleep as others or maybe be just works out middle of the day. By the way, was never tying to attack you just answer so I apologize if it came off that way. I see people trying to take shots when you asked a simple question, tough crowd.

[quote name='ryanpatt28' timestamp='1333403235' post='1040396'] [url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/02/ravens-want-bryant-mckinnie-to-get-in-better-shape/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/02/ravens-want-bryant-mckinnie-to-get-in-better-shape/[/url] [/quote]

[i]“He had done a good job, he’d been working in the offseason, he’s training,” Harbaugh said. “He’s in the same shape he was in when he left. We want to improve that from now until the start of next season.”[/i] - [url="http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/03/31/ravens-monitoring-mckinnies-weight/"]LINK[/url]

He's doing some training between all the partying.

Lets say he parties 6 hrs sleeps for 8 that still leaves 10 for training.

One thing is for certain. McKinnie is so strong right now that the Steelers are worried about how to get around him next year.

[quote name='Tiz' timestamp='1333411791' post='1040518']
Lets say he parties 6 hrs sleeps for 8 that still leaves 10 for training.
[/quote]

he doesnt sleep for 8 hours lol he doesnt sleep at all follow him on twitter youll see