Ravens at Bengals      Pro Bowl Voting      #RavensPumpkin      Game Rewind   

Photo

Eagles Lose LT Jason Peters

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#21 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

Other than Peters the Eagles overhauled their entire line last year. They changed from a traditional man blocking scheme to a zone blocking scheme when they hired Howard Mudd at the beginning of last season as the O-line coach. He had the same role for Indianapolis for many years, though blocking for Peyton is a lot easier than blocking for Vick.

The Eagles started a rookie center (Kelce), a rookie right guard (Watkins), a "street" free agent at left guard (Mathis), and moved their former left guard out to right tackle (Herremans). In addition to this Vick was given more responsibility to call out blocking schemes, possibly too much to throw at him at once.

By the latter part of the season the Eagles line was pretty good. They were particularly good at run blocking in front of Lesean McCoy, not quite as good at pass blocking.

Keep in mind that Vick is left-handed, so Peters was not playing blind side, even though he was on the left. Herremans protected the blind side reasonably well. Herremans can also play the left, so (at least for when Vick is healthy) the Eagles are looking to add either a non-blind-side left tackle or a blind-side right tackle.

McNeil is one option, but his health is highly questionable to say the least. Might not even pass a physical. Bell is a possibility, but apparently is after a much larger contract than his play deserves. Kareem McKenzie is washed up, no point on signing him. And that's pretty much it for free agency.

The draft has some possibilities but it is not likely to produce a player who can be trusted to start right away, drafting from the 15th spot.

So, at this point, they have to be looking at some trade possibilities.

Just curious since this is your first post, you an Eagles fan? If so, we have like none before you, lol.

Welcome aboard either way.

#22 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,789 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

Damn it... never mind the Oher trade. The Eagles have signed LT Demetrius Bell to a 5 Year Contract.

http://rotoworld.com...ce-with-lt-bell

I can't believe it's a 5 year deal considering Peters will be back for the 2013 Season, unless this means they plan on cutting Jason Peters next off-season and sticking with Bell.

Edited by JO_75, 04 April 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#23 -Triumph-

-Triumph-

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

Just curious since this is your first post, you an Eagles fan? If so, we have like none before you, lol.

Welcome aboard either way.

Yes, I'm an Eagles fan. I was drawn to this post when Googling around trying to figure out possible things the Eagles could do. I thought they might make a trade, but they wound up signing Bell.

Damn it... never mind the Oher trade. The Eagles have signed LT Demetrius Bell to a 5 Year Contract.

http://rotoworld.com...ce-with-lt-bell

I can't believe it's a 5 year deal considering Peters will be back for the 2013 Season, unless this means they plan on cutting Jason Peters next off-season and sticking with Bell.

Well, there are 5 year deals, and there are 1 year deals disguised as 5 year deals, and I don't know exactly what the Eagles have with Bell yet. Then again, a ruptured Achilles is a very tough injury to come back from. So I'm not sure if the Eagles can count on Peters for 2013 yet.

Posted Image

And that has to be repaired well enough so that an extremely large man can rely on it. Far from a sure thing. Although obviously I hope for his healthy return, the Eagles really have no choice but to plan for the worst.

#24 Romo Ravens

Romo Ravens

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

Yes, I'm an Eagles fan. I was drawn to this post when Googling around trying to figure out possible things the Eagles could do. I thought they might make a trade, but they wound up signing Bell.

Well, there are 5 year deals, and there are 1 year deals disguised as 5 year deals, and I don't know exactly what the Eagles have with Bell yet. Then again, a ruptured Achilles is a very tough injury to come back from. So I'm not sure if the Eagles can count on Peters for 2013 yet.

Posted Image

And that has to be repaired well enough so that an extremely large man can rely on it. Far from a sure thing. Although obviously I hope for his healthy return, the Eagles really have no choice but to plan for the worst.

Are you the heir apparent to -Truth-?

#25 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,789 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

Well, Jason Peters needs a second Achilles surgery after he re-injured it, just six weeks after the first surgery.

Peters was walking in his kitchen using a device designed to hold up his foot, so that he could get around without putting any weight on his injured Achilles. Unfortunately, the device (perhaps not designed for someone who weighs 350 pounds) broke. Peters fell, re-injured the Achilles and needs another surgery.

According to the report, Peters plans to sue the manufacturer of the device.

http://profootballta...ery-after-fall/

#26 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

Well, Jason Peters needs a second Achilles surgery after he re-injured it, just six weeks after the first surgery.

http://profootballta...ery-after-fall/

That sucks really, really bad.....

#27 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

It's hilarious because his walker (a Roll-A-Bout) barely looks like it could support a tickle-me-elmo.

Posted Image

#28 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,796 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:26 PM

It's hilarious because his walker (a Roll-A-Bout) barely looks like it could support a tickle-me-elmo.

Posted Image

Let's make sure nothing like that gets anywhere near Suggs.

@gabefergy

#29 TheRavenouseD2008

TheRavenouseD2008

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:21 AM

actualy I think upshaws training would be carry suggs to meetings that would work out well j/k

" We weren't supposed to have a winning season, but we do. We

weren't supposed to advance to the playoffs, but we did. We're not

supposed to be here, but we are." Grant Taylor " Facing the

Giants"   (reminds me of us last year and maybe this year as well)

#30 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,962 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:20 AM

actualy I think upshaws training would be carry suggs to meetings that would work out well j/k

hahahahaahaahaahhaah hilarious

#31 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,093 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

I think Peters is done. Two injuries back to back in a short period is not at all good. This will cost him this year, but possibly next year as well. What a shame.

I hope Mathis has been training well. He will need it once he meets Haloti.

#32 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

I think Peters is done. Two injuries back to back in a short period is not at all good. This will cost him this year, but possibly next year as well. What a shame.

I hope Mathis has been training well. He will need it once he meets Haloti.

Consider it payback for him playing the FO the fool when we we're trying to sign him to replace Grubbs.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#33 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,962 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:14 AM

Consider it payback for him playing the FO the fool when we we're trying to sign him to replace Grubbs.

completely the wrong person

#34 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

completely the wrong person

No it's not? Evan Mathis had the FO believing he was going to sign with us but just used us as leverage to get the deal he wanted from Philly.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#35 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,962 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

No it's not? Evan Mathis had the FO believing he was going to sign with us but just used us as leverage to get the deal he wanted from Philly.

i thought you were talking about this injury to peters being payback for messing us around expecially since Mathis hasnt had "payback" yet and may not even get it. Thats how it reads anyway...

Somoen sayign mathis will need training to play against ngata isnt payback, if he said he would get owned, then i would have understood what you meant, but when he said that, and the line prior talking about peters was talking about how this could be his year/season, well its easy to assume the "payback" your talking about is the guy with the injury, not the get who needs to be training....

Edited by arnie_uk, 26 May 2012 - 01:04 PM.