Ravens at Steelers      Game Rewind      Pro Bowl Voting   

Photo

Ravens Could Trade For Dwight Freeney

Colts Freeny Ravens

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 scrock

scrock

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

Adam Schefter reported that the Colts are listening to offers for Dwight Freeney because their salary cap situation is bad. He's a good pass rusher so he'd be a hot commodity but he's also older. I think Ozzie should make that phone call and see if we could get him for a 3rd or something. Then we'd renegotiate his contract to something that's not so high.

Am I way off? It feels like Freeney has been around forever...if some people still think he's in his prime then they might pay more for him. Is he worth a 2nd? idk

He would upgrade our pass rush so much and add in our awesome secondary and that defense is NASTY!!

Posted Image

"Those who hate most fervently must have once loved deeply; those who want to deny the world must have once embraced what they now set on fire"

#2 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,966 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

He wants out because he doesn't want to change to a 3 4 olb...

#3 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,804 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

not a 3-4 DE. too old. too expensive
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#4 scrock

scrock

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

He wants out because he doesn't want to change to a 3 4 olb...

no thats not why he's leaving, he's a good enough player to adapt...he's not too big so he can run around

Posted Image

"Those who hate most fervently must have once loved deeply; those who want to deny the world must have once embraced what they now set on fire"

#5 scrock

scrock

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

not a 3-4 DE. too old. too expensive

i thought he was old but he's not TOO old..he only came in the league in 2002

he prolly got 3 or 4 more good years

Posted Image

#6 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,804 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

i thought he was old but he's not TOO old..he only came in the league in 2002

he prolly got 3 or 4 more good years

He's 32.
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#7 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,750 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

no thats not why he's leaving, he's a good enough player to adapt...he's not too big so he can run around

Him not wanting to switch positions is part of the reason he wants out.

Chceck out Keith Bullock's comments on Feb. 9th.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#8 T-ray

T-ray

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

He's 32.

I agree Fly... 32 is too old for a DL to be in his prime. Sure, he may be able to contribute, but be as good as he was in a new system nonetheless?? I don't think so.
Mount Ravensmore, 2013 version: Matt Elam, Arthur Brown, and Brandon Williams.

#9 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,928 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

He doesn't want to play in a 3-4.
15fqib6.jpg

#10 scrock

scrock

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

I agree Fly... 32 is too old for a DL to be in his prime. Sure, he may be able to contribute, but be as good as he was in a new system nonetheless?? I don't think so.

I mean we did it with Redding..and other guys..he'll be cheaper cause he's old...and he'll want to win and not play on some crap team

I thought this was the Ravens MO....look for cheaper options but once that really improve the team. He would be a good stopgap until we get someone else, that doesnt mean we wont draft one too

Posted Image

#11 scrock

scrock

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

since when does talking about players potentially coming to the Ravens get moved to OTHER TEAMS thread?

So why not move over that whole Ravens Free Agent thread too..cause thats the same thing Oh and the Peyton Manning thread too

u MODs are not consistent

Edited by scrock, 09 March 2012 - 03:27 PM.

Posted Image

#12 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,966 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

since when does talking about players potentially coming to the Ravens get moved to OTHER TEAMS thread?

So why not move over that whole Ravens Free Agent thread too..cause thats the same thing Oh and the Peyton Manning thread too

agree 100 percent. This should be in other teams, yes, but show should them all, if the manning one is in ravens talk, so should the rest

#13 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,192 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

I mean we did it with Redding..and other guys..he'll be cheaper cause he's old...and he'll want to win and not play on some crap team

I thought this was the Ravens MO....look for cheaper options but once that really improve the team. He would be a good stopgap until we get someone else, that doesnt mean we wont draft one too

We won't trade for Freeney and here is why:
We don't have many picks to trade.
If he wants out of Indy because of the change to 3-4 from the 4-3, then he won't want to come here.
Freeney is getting older.
And as for our MO, we only trade for old washed up wide receivers or younger ones with injuries. Lol
The biggest problem with Freeney is his cap space. All jokes aside, we don't have the space for what his current cap hit is especially with our other needs. The Ravens MO is actually different than trading for washed up players. Our MO is to wait until teams go after all the big talent in free agency & wait for the cuts after the draft. We then snatch up cut players that will fit our team & get production out of them. We do this for a few reasons, the biggest reason is money. After the money, the second biggest reason is when you sign cut players, they don't count against you when it comes to compensatory picks. This is why the Ravens usually get those picks.

We won't get Freeney unless he is cut, and even then I don't see him wearing our uniform because I don't think he fits our system. Even though he is very talented, we will have to pass on him.

The Ravens will do what we always do: watch for cuts after the draft & snatch up the best players in the positions we need after we draft & re-sign our own guys. It's a formula that works. :)

#14 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,547 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Our mods do the best they can with a bad o line, new receivers who can't hold onto the ball and an it manager who gets his web coding from an ihop menu. They deserve top money for what they put up with under the circumstances.

#15 T-ray

T-ray

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

Our mods do the best they can with a bad o line, new receivers who can't hold onto the ball and an it manager who gets his web coding from an ihop menu. They deserve top money for what they put up with under the circumstances.

Huh?? LOL
Mount Ravensmore, 2013 version: Matt Elam, Arthur Brown, and Brandon Williams.

#16 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,192 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

Do you think they deserve top-5 Mod money? Or how about top-10? I hear their agents are looking for top-5. I mean, they do have a top-3 anti-troll software that can make them look better than they are. I think we should invest in the anti-troll software since it's a big reason the mods look that good in the first place.

#17 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,474 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

Last year I wanted Osi. And there were talks about us trading for him, Looking back I would have been happy if we did. But Freeny I believe is to old, and not worth what he would get.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#18 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,928 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

It's not as inconsistent as you think. If the player is under contract to or tendered by another team, it goes to "Other NFL Teams". If the player is unemployed ( a real free agent), then it is fair game in Ravens Talk. We also TRY to combine threads with similar subjects in Ravens Talk to help keep the conversation centralized.
15fqib6.jpg

#19 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,547 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Do you think they deserve top-5 Mod money? Or how about top-10? I hear their agents are looking for top-5. I mean, they do have a top-3 anti-troll software that can make them look better than they are. I think we should invest in the anti-troll software since it's a big reason the mods look that good in the first place.

The anti-troll software accounts for atleast 50-60 percent of the mods work load but the software has a shorter shelf life than the mod itself so maybe just franchise... Umm err run the demo til its wheels fall off.

#20 Jamal

Jamal

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,562 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

I always thought Dwight Freeney was one of the most overrated players in the NFL. So one dimensional.