Photo

Hines Ward Reportedly Wants To Be A Raven; Would You Sign Him?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#1 The Prestige

The Prestige

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/?p=29110

In my opinion, the Ravens should try to get big and fast at the 3WR, 4WR and back-up RB slot. NO Hines Ward, NO Cedric Benson, NO Thomas Jones.

For WR, I like Early Doucet, Randy Moss, Pierre Garçon, Jacoby Jones (if he gets cut), Danny Coale, Stephen Hill, Brian Quick, and A.J. Jenkins.

This is a unique off-season, because you can fulfilll receiving back and short-yardage back with the same player. Michael Bush, Mike Tolbert, and ex-Utah State RB Ronnie Turbin are all available. Le'Ron McClain is not a bad choice either.

As motivated as Ward would be, I want as many players that can do as many different things as possible. He can mostly just block and do screens.

I'd like to hear your thoughts, and if you buy into the myth that you need WR's to each do specific things, rather than try to get your roster filled with guys that can do everything.

Edited by The Prestige, 05 March 2012 - 02:28 AM.

#2 redlobster

redlobster

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

Hines would offer nothing to the team ,except taking possible playing time away from rookie/2nd year WR. He is injury prone and slow. Enough with the old over the hill WR's.

#3 reediddy

reediddy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:19 AM

I would REALLY like for Garcon to come in. Maybe the relationship with Caldwell will help stimulate some sort of connection with our front office.

By the way OP I think Turbin is in this draft class no?

Lastly, about Hines Ward...

410 to 858

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS 2012-13

63W + 11TD + 0INT + 1SB + 1SBMVP = ELITE

#4 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,438 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

GTHO. I will stop watching football if we brought him here. He is the enemy, no matter what jersey he wears!!!!!!!
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#5 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

Dear God no.

#6 SpearSrai

SpearSrai

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

I would sign him as a tackling dummy.

#7 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,089 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:27 AM

Of course he wants to come here. Even he knows we get a lot of old WRs who are past their prime.

All jokes aside, no. I don't want him here.

#8 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,612 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

I see all the threads already Hines can't get separation either blah blah. He needs to just sign a one day contract with the steelers and retire. He may end up in Cleveland with RG3 teaching those young WRs how to hold on to the ball... ( just a quick thought , hope I'm wrong lol)

#9 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,863 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

I would love to sign him to a vet minimum so we can have flacco throw balls across the middle during training camp and watch Ray, Ed, Suggs and Pollard crack him time after time. Then of course cut him.

I hate Hines Ward and there is 0% he comes here. Derrick Mason was better than him over the last couple of years.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#10 raybaby

raybaby

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:03 AM

Ward will not be a Raven..... even if he wanted to. But did he even say it directly? I don't believe it until it comes out of HIS mouth lol.

Edited by raybaby, 05 March 2012 - 01:05 AM.

#11 ThePurpleWall

ThePurpleWall

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

No,that link doesnt work by the way.
Ray Lewis"in any war who pulls their General out?,Nobody,when ever i put on that Jersey,ever man in this building believes in one thing,whatever our General says we Follow bottom Line"

Ray Lewis is the Leader of this Franchise.

#12 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,296 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:18 AM

No,that link doesnt work by the way.

Here's a better link.

http://www.nflgridir...-to-be-a-raven/

Also no point in wasting a thread on an opinion of a writer who "thinks" he knows that Hines wants to be a Raven. Hines Ward isn't going to come here just because some insider writes an article about what he "thinks" Hines wants to play at. That article was done mostly to get a reaction from fans, probably a slow news day so he had to come up with something.

#13 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,438 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

I would love to sign him to a vet minimum so we can have flacco throw balls across the middle during training camp and watch Ray, Ed, Suggs and Pollard crack him time after time. Then of course cut him.

haha, best idea ever!

Get it done, Ozzie!!!
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#14 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,932 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

I would REALLY like for Garcon to come in. Maybe the relationship with Caldwell will help stimulate some sort of connection with our front office.

By the way OP I think Turbin is in this draft class no?

Lastly, about Hines Ward...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

love it.. awesome episode +1 for u sir
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#15 neoi78

neoi78

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:45 AM

Stupid topic.

#16 indianstick

indianstick

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:12 AM

hahaha i was mad when ryan mink and garrett downing answered this question in one of the friday mailbag videos. I thought it was dumb for them to even put that question in the video because the obvious answer is no. We have no reason to sign this guy, no reason

#17 The Prestige

The Prestige

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:30 AM

Stupid topic.

I fixed the link. I wanted to both break the story to you guys but make the discussion about who you WOULD want if you don't want Ward.

I also want to know who everyone wants at RB.

That said, the Ward slams are classic.

#18 Pääjärvi

Pääjärvi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:31 AM

I find it hard to believe Ward would like to tarnish his legacy in Pittsburgh just for one , two years at most as a Raven. Not happening from that camp. From our point of view, Ward knows the division inside out and the Steelers, he's well liked in the lockeroom,a tremendous leader,tough as nails,extra motivated and can catch the freaking ball...I don't think Boldin is that much faster yet he finds success when Cam is on a roll (see at Pittsburgh,at NE this season) . All I'm saying the front office may put some thought into this although they would probably try two options before 1) younger free agent ; 2)young draft pick
Btw,let's not act like we have the Steelers wr corps ..they may have the best young trio there is in football. From our #3 to #6 I think they have 10 catches combined
You got some swagger? Better let 'em know / You got some swagger, better let it show
Posted Image

#19 RedFire

RedFire

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:02 AM

Insider info would be the only reason imo. We did take woodson and found success.

#20 Irish Raven

Irish Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:06 AM

No to old players who don't play special teams.

As Bisciotti said, let the young players play

And realy, bringing back Evans on lower salary is still an option if you want an experienced reciever